New Charter Homes Employee Reviews

Excellent opportunities and a great place to work.
Caretaker (Current Employee) –  Gedling, Nottinghamshire10 August 2018
I am a current employee caretaker for Gedling homes,I can honestly say that this is the best job I have ever had.all the staff and management are friendly and make time for you.the hours are flexible and the work is very rewarding. It's definitely a opportunity not to be missed.
Pros
Treated as an individual not just a number
Cons
None at all.
An extraordinary Award Winning company to work for.
Building Surveyor (Former Employee) –  Greater Manchester1 January 2018
New Charter, where do I begin. The company has recently changed its name to Jigsaw Housing. I started at the age of 16 as a Business Administration apprentice. They invested in me and presented me with many opportunities, I developed and succeeded eventually leaving as a Building Surveyor. They supported and sponsored me through college education and University to HND level. Management are experienced and knowledgeable. Company target are detailed thoroughly and ambitious but not rediculous. The provide a service for members of society who are in need. A fantastic place to work.
Pros
Very Flexible working - Flex Time, Generous Holidays and too many extra benefits to list.
Cons
A company car would have been nice but not essential. Mileage paid for own vehicle.
Best place I've ever worked
Talent Manager (Current Employee) –  Ashton-Under-Lyne, Greater Manchester28 April 2017
I have worked at New Charter for two years now and can genuinely say that this is the best place that I have ever worked. My manager and team are really supportive and the culture is excellent. Pay and benefits are good and I have received lots of support with my personal development.
Pros
Supportive culture where ideas are welcomed
Worst company ever worked for.
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Ashton-Under-Lyne, Greater Manchester11 January 2017
Unprofessional management, didn't listen, no safeguarding for staff or risk assessments. focus was on business and keeping beds full, discrimination towards clients with vulnerabilitis and challenging issues. most staff were of the same opinion and got out, high turnover of staff.
Pros
Cons
No supervidion, no back up, policies changing sll the time.
Progressive company to work for
Neighbourhood Co ordinator (Former Employee) –  Manchester25 October 2016
Socially aware housing provider. Well managed and led with a strong support network for staff.Helping people is always the most difficult part of the job when resources are limited, but the most rewarding.
Pros
Good provision of staff benefits
Cons
Limited financial resources due to government rent policy
Very good company to work for
Home and Community Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tameside, ENG20 January 2016
I had no complaints working for New Charter and they allowed me to expand my knowledge in all social housing matters.
The managers were always willing to listen and I enjoyed my time at the company.
Poor
- (Former Employee) –  Dukinfield27 October 2016
I attended an interview for the company and didnt recieve a reply and was completly ignored when emailing their HR team. Shame, really unprofesional for such a big company.
Pros
Cons
Ignorant and unprofesional.