New Charter Homes

New Charter Homes Employee Reviews

United Kingdom12 reviews
Overall was a decent place to work.
Cant say the same now they are Jigsaw Homes.
Former colleagues say moral is low and most are looking elsewhere. Since merger with Adactus New Charter staff considered 2nd best
Fun and professional
Exciting and fast paced with many benefits to progress in the Company with good communication with work colleagues and management Also excellent salary and good working conditions
Emjoy work
Enjoy dealing with people
Deal with all aspects of social housing. Assist with rent lettings repairs and all tenancy matters including low level asb
Educational
During my time at New Charter my day consisted of going between New charter owned properties with a training member of their team, and fixing any electrical issues at the properties. I was taught how to approach a stranger and make them feel comfortable when talking to me.
I spent most of the time with one other person.
Terrible management in the Connect team
Management like a dog to a bone. No matter how good your stats are it's never good enough. All of the staff in the team would prefer to talk to the team leaders instead of management as they're much more personable and helpful.

I'd go as far to say one particular manager in the connect team was a bully. She makes her apparent dislike of people immediately clear. I was told on my second week of the job if she didn't like you, you'd be gone. The staff knew to stay out of her way. She was always 'just busy doing something'..

Most of my colleagues were amazing people, so helpful and kind. Great mentality among the team, especially the ones that stuck together against the god-awful management.
Pros
Colleagues friendly
Cons
Management despicable, poor HR policies
Excellent opportunities and a great place to work.
I am a current employee caretaker for Gedling homes,I can honestly say that this is the best job I have ever had.all the staff and management are friendly and make time for you.the hours are flexible and the work is very rewarding. It's definitely a opportunity not to be missed.
Pros
Treated as an individual not just a number
Cons
None at all.
An extraordinary Award Winning company to work for.
New Charter, where do I begin. The company has recently changed its name to Jigsaw Housing. I started at the age of 16 as a Business Administration apprentice. They invested in me and presented me with many opportunities, I developed and succeeded eventually leaving as a Building Surveyor. They supported and sponsored me through college education and University to HND level. Management are experienced and knowledgeable. Company target are detailed thoroughly and ambitious but not rediculous. The provide a service for members of society who are in need. A fantastic place to work.
Pros
Very Flexible working - Flex Time, Generous Holidays and too many extra benefits to list.
Cons
A company car would have been nice but not essential. Mileage paid for own vehicle.
Best place I've ever worked
I have worked at New Charter for two years now and can genuinely say that this is the best place that I have ever worked. My manager and team are really supportive and the culture is excellent. Pay and benefits are good and I have received lots of support with my personal development.
Pros
Supportive culture where ideas are welcomed
Worst company ever worked for.
Unprofessional management, didn't listen, no safeguarding for staff or risk assessments. focus was on business and keeping beds full, discrimination towards clients with vulnerabilitis and challenging issues. most staff were of the same opinion and got out, high turnover of staff.
Pros
Cons
No supervidion, no back up, policies changing sll the time.
Poor
I attended an interview for the company and didnt recieve a reply and was completly ignored when emailing their HR team. Shame, really unprofesional for such a big company.
Pros
Cons
Ignorant and unprofesional.
Progressive company to work for
Socially aware housing provider. Well managed and led with a strong support network for staff.Helping people is always the most difficult part of the job when resources are limited, but the most rewarding.
Pros
Good provision of staff benefits
Cons
Limited financial resources due to government rent policy
Very good company to work for
I had no complaints working for New Charter and they allowed me to expand my knowledge in all social housing matters.
The managers were always willing to listen and I enjoyed my time at the company.