NeuStar Employee Reviews

Great Place to get started
Information & Network Security Intern (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VA23 June 2019
When I got started in Information Technology/Cyber Security through the Year Up Program(https://www.yearup.org/), I learned a phenomenal amount of concepts, subjects, and even hands-on experience through a 6-month experience. It's a great place to network and grow as the company overall is quite large, and there's many methods of promotion and especially getting started in Information Technology, Cyber Security, and much more.
Pros
Great Culture, Great Management, Amazing School/Life/Work Balance
Cons
No Cons here
Great work / life balance
Platform Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CA16 May 2019
Exciting place to work with great opportunities. Free food, good coworkers, relaxed hours. Challenging opportunities are abound. Can rise within the workforce.
Being Looted by Private Equity
Director (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CA14 March 2019
Changes since PE buyout have included reduced 401k contributions, change to work from home rules, decreased vacation time accrual and significantly decreased bonus and merit increases. Do not recommend.
Its nice work culture and balance with family
Statistical Analyst (Current Employee) –  Hyderabad2 February 2019
Enjoy with work.

I am highly satisfaction in Neustar.

The management is nice and cooperative with the colleagues.

Its nice work culture and balance with family

No hardest part always going smooth.

to solve the challenging the task
Great people
Director (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VA5 January 2019
Enjoyed the opportunity, people and general work environment. Often work like balance was extremely difficult to manage. Great benefits and vacation structure.
Pros
Bonus and salary
Cons
Leadership demands and staff support needs improvement.
Company
NPAC Provisining Support (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VA7 September 2018
It was a great company to work for. I would definitely like to work for them again. Even though the pay wasnt the best the Management was laid back for sure.
Relaxed yet competitive workplace
Product Support Rep Tier 1 (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, CA28 August 2018
The workplace was isolate. I worked in a room without windows and most nights I worked alone. I learned a little about the DNS side of company websites. Management was good and very helpful.
Pros
Ability to access their private gym.
Cons
Worked alone.
You want to work here.
Product Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KY17 August 2018
Neustar is an amazing company and has been voted a Best Place to Work in Kentucky 5 years in a row. They offer great benefits, flexible hours, career development, and a wonderful company culture.
Pros
Free Snacks and Drinks, Great Benefits, Career Development Opportunities
Relaxed workplace
Facility Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VA1 August 2018
I enjoyed my time at neustar. Days vary very busy to very slow. I like the fact that there is a Deli on-site to eat on those days you don't want to go out.
Cons
ea
workplace culture
Director of Sales Operations (Former Employee) –  Reston, VA19 July 2018
The company is pretty much controlled by the finance organization--common sense be damned. I had 5 bosses in 3 years. They were in quite a state of flux when I was there.
Pros
they try to have annual summertime fun events
Cons
pretty nice cafe on site
Excellent Work Place -- Great People
Provisioning Support Specialist NPAC Help Desk (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VA8 July 2018
Neustar was an Excellent company to work for. I worked for them as a Contractor for 24 months during the transitioning of their NPAC SMS Database to a company called iconectiv. I was treated as an employee and afforded all the respect and opportunity of a full time employee. GREAT PLACE TO WORK.
Pros
Pleanty of Challanges and Opportunity to streach yourself
challenging but comfortable
UI programmer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA23 June 2018
NeuStar is a great place to work. Although it's a fairly large company with the usual bureaucracy, there's a big effort put in to a good corp culture, and fighting the usual corporate hassles. You're encouraged to set yearly goals and to grow your career (even if it's not in NeuStar). Actually, you're forced to set yearly goals, which I was never good at.

All teams have a daily scrum meeting. You're given a certain amount of freedom to do things your way. Some groups use QA people, for some, we're supposed to write our own tests. It's a backend-oriented company, and most products seem to have an HTTP API. Many of us were allowed to work from home on selected days.

When I was there, there was a ping pong table and foosball was very popular, esp during lunch. In the middle of downtown San Francisco, there's tons of places selling lunch: dumpy mexican places, trucks, and elegant dining experiences.
Pros
easy work environment if you do the work. Good pay.
Cons
very nerdy and technical - even the marketing people have to understand the technology.
Great place to be
SR. Product Support Tech (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KY29 May 2018
Neustar is an outstanding company if you get hired by this I would say do not leave. They treat you well and the people are supernice. I would tell anyone to work at Neustar.
Never join this company
Director of Product Marketing (Former Employee) –  SF, CA22 May 2018
Please do not join this company - the management and strategy are completely missing.

Good work/life balance and decent benefits. However, the company is pivoting and has not found its stride.
A day at Neustar
Software Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NC21 May 2018
Very dynamic. New challenges at every turn.
Constantly evolving business strategy.
Also, constantly changing responsibilities.
Good chance at learning new business tools, Git, Jira, Agile
Pros
Flexibility.
Cons
Communication between departments
Open and balanced work culture
Director Software Engineering (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VA8 May 2018
I have spent 16 years at Neustar primarily due to its ability to recognize my contributions and potential which allowed for a career growth trajectory from software engineer to Director over 16 years. I was also fortunate to work with a brilliant group of engineers and Neustar was also able to offer a healthy work-life balance.
Lots of changes
HR & Recruiting Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VA8 March 2018
Lots of changes that management was not honest about. No shortage of work. If fast-paced isn't for you, then Neustar won't be a good fit. Higher manager doesn't have clear direction.
Neustar can be a challenging place to work
Program Director (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VA21 February 2018
Neustar pays well but they don't invest in innovation, DevOps, Agile or Lean Startup.
There are many opportunities to work for different teams covering big data and DNS services and the middle management are nice to work with.
Pros
Pay
Cons
no Agile or DevOps backing
Amateur hour
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VA18 November 2017
They don't know what they are doing. Poor leadership. Inept CEO. No strategy. Product line is nothing special. The one product that makes profit, they lose.
Productive and relaxed work environment
Data Center Technician (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VA29 October 2017
Relaxed work environment, work was always available, management was understanding and stern, ability to advance to something higher, co workers were friendly and helpful
Pros
Work and environment