Network Rail Employee Reviews in York

A world of opportunities
Liability Negotiations Advisor (Current Employee) –  York31 October 2016
With over 35,000 employees, Network Rail is sure to have the career for you. From front of office to Director and literally everything in between. Project Management, Engineering, Digital Railway, GSM-r, Signalling, the list is endless.
Pros
Competative salary and benefits
Cons
Certain management culture
Fantastic Company
Planning Consultant (Current Employee) –  York7 September 2016
Really enjoyed my time with Network Rail. Would recommend the Company to Family & Friends, unfortunate that the Company is always going through Budget cuts though.
Fun places to work.
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  York20 August 2016
Network rail is one of the best places to work. When I was doing my work experience placement it was a very enjoyable 2 weeks and everyone who worked there were great people to work alongside.
Information Management - Document Controller (Former Employee) –  York, ENG7 January 2016
Great team - very friendly & supportive
Always keen & happy to advise / help

Important / rewarding & interesting job

Checking drawings / documents on return from contractors

Resolving issues - checking documentation

Lots of responsibilities

Rewarding job
Pros
great place to work
Same old same old
Assistant Construction Manager (Current Employee) –  york22 October 2015
I have been at network rail for a number of years and feel it's time to move on in my working life

need new challenge in life????
Pros
wages
Cons
not a job its away of life
Loved my time here
Employee (Former Employee) –  York19 June 2015
Great place to work really enjoyed my time here! Would recommend to anyone looking for a role in the rail industry. The money was great and I learnt so much from everyone there. I worked with a great team and felt very supported.
Pros
Pay
Pleasant place to work
Highways Interface Advisor (Current Employee) –  York23 February 2015
A good company with supportive colleagues. A varied working day that sees me meeting with local authorities and project managers in order to coordinates works on publicly maintained streets.
Challenging, fast paced place of work
Planner/Administration - Cable Theft (Current Employee) –  York, ENG15 January 2014
Fast paced, challenging workplace with a talented, skilled and knowledgeable work force. Every day brings new challenges and stretches employees to develop their skills. Essential to be able to work on own initiative as well as part of a team working towards a common goal. Fantastic approach to continuous improvement and lean principles.
Productive and focussed Company.
Project Planner/Scheduler (Former Employee) –  York, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom24 October 2012
At Network Rail we focus on being adept and to ensure that everything we do in the work place adds value.
We learn how to undertake our jobs productively, and we attend many courses on managing ourselves and and our time better.
It is a very friendly work place, everyone is there to help each other and to get the best out of each other, if there is an issue it is discussed in detail and the correct way forward will be the output of the discussions.
I worked within a Project Team and I was very much a team player, that is how Network Rail like us to be - to feel part of something and to know that everybody who contributes is valued and I very much felt that within the Company.
I worked for the Company for 18 years and I enjoyed all aspects of my roles and I had a lot of friends.
Everyone has tedious tasks to do, so I could say that these were parts of the job that I did not like, however these tasks are part of your everyday routine and it is best to embrace them and do them, knowing that you are contributing to the bigger picture of Network Rail, and that is how I was able to undertake them. The social side of Network Rail was very good, lots of social events and fun around the office.
I really enjoyed my time with the Company.
Pros
free residential travel to and from work on the trains, free leisure travel, 37 hours worked weekly, excellent salary package