Network Rail Employee Reviews in Manchester

Very Good
Human Resources Administrator (Former Employee) –  Manchester8 May 2018
Learning and Development careers structure was exceptional. I went on six sigma, handling difficult conversations and time management courses. Network invests a lot of of resources in staff training.
Pros
Staff day outs
Cons
N/a
Great company to work for
IT Service Analyst (Current Employee) –  Manchester25 April 2018
i would recommend working for this company. I am working on Helpdesk and i enjoy the role but i am looking for a new challenge. The role on the help-desk opens up lot of opportunities to progress in your career.
Pros
Free Tea/Coffee, Canteen, Benefits Program
Informative, stressful
Project Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester8 February 2018
Network Rail was a very informative workplace, due to the vast requirements to maintain rail in these modern times there was always new knowledge to be obtained and skills to be enhanced.
Fun place to work
Team Leader - Ultrasonic Tester (NDT) (Current Employee) –  Manchester1 February 2018
Excellent company with full training and advancements available.
It is moving to stove to be a world class company improving all the time, to develop its service, infrastructure and employee satisfaction
Pros
Cons
Nepertism
Good benefits package
Resourcing Advisor (Current Employee) –  Manchester8 December 2017
Benefits include 28 days' holiday plus the 8 bank holidays, options to buy or sell annual leave annually, annual company bonus, subsidised travel to work, 5 days volunteer leave per year, standard 35 hour week
Secure place of employment
Resourcer (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester29 August 2017
Always job for life, fun , friendly environment.
Open, challenging culture, fast paced culture
Enjoy the people some are good laugh, and its a secure place to move up in the organisation.
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester11 August 2017
I currently work here.

It's a corporate environment but has a relaxed and friendly work culture.

It can get political at times but they are making real progress in driving this type of behaviour out of the business.

They really invest in developing their people and offer great training programmes both internally and externally. The leadership programmes are fantastic!
Pros
Very diverse organisation
Cons
Resent cutbacks in technological investments
Good employer
Head of Resideential Development (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester24 June 2017
Generally a good employer although recent change to become a public sector has meant a greater requirement to meet Government requirements. Approach to staff welfare and safety is very positive.
Pros
High level safety and well being
Cons
Becoming a public sector body
Network Rail
Senior HR Administrator (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester20 December 2016
Network Rail is a good company. My team was great and it was nice not having to work weekends. the perks were great. I cant say much more.
Good Place to work if in engineering field
Scheme Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Manchester15 July 2016
A typical day in my current role would be to check progress against programme of external design consultants/contractors. Check all safety has been adhered to and ensure schemes are kept within budget.

learnt how the rail infrastructure operates
understand civil engineering works
Pros
Short Working Week, Good discount on Compute to work, Felxible working
Cons
Working out of hours
Customer and Employee focused company
HR Administrator; Payroll (Former Employee) –  Manchester, UK20 May 2016
Relaxed atmosphere with flexibility on start and finish times as long as the hours each day were covered. A very good customer focused environment that trained its employees diligently and allowed easy communications for incoming and outgoing calls. Open desk policy that all employees were happy with as there were plenty for everyone to use with great views outside wide windows. Management were on the same floor and easily accessible.
Pros
Free hot drink vending machines
Great people and environment
End User Computing Analyst - Contract (Current Employee) –  Manchester, ENG3 November 2015
Great environment to work in. Brilliant work life balance. Friendly colleagues and management. Fun and extremely social in and out of work.
Minimal banter / fun environment
Assistant Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Manchester20 September 2015
As a PMA for 8 months - I was eager to delve into the role n company but within a week - it was clear to see that managers n scheme deliverers haven't got any commercial acumen. It's sad that a recognised organisation with potential fail to acknowledge the people from the top through to mid level have no direction.
Pros
Not restricted to office n 35hrs working week
Cons
The people and managers with nxt to no skills
productive work
team leader (Current Employee) –  manchester1 August 2015
typical day at work would be to maintain track working with a group of 6-12 work collegues either on days or nights and also at weekends

the hardest part of this job is the physical aspects to the job and the most enjoyable is fixing a major issue with the track with passenger and freight trains being able to run at full speeds
Pros
working outdoors
Cons
affects your home life working nights
Fun Workplace
HR Shared Service Specialist (Recruitment) (Former Employee) –  Manchester, UK26 February 2015
This was a nice company to work with. Learnt new things in recruitments and gave suggestions about offers and hires team.
Great Place to Work
Centralised Filing Senior Administrator (Current Employee) –  Manchester14 May 2014
Extremely friendly environment, Busy but fun place to work, the company gets involved in lots of activities, very good performance programme, the role can be challenging but very interesting.
Cons
I've achieved as much as I can and gone as far as I can in the role i'm in.
Good for contracting only
Building Surveyor (Current Employee) –  Manchester, ENG26 April 2014
Excellent starting salary and benefits but then career stagnation. 'Reorganisations' happen on a yearly basis and staff frequently end up 'displaced' then redundant. A good place to work as a contractor (good rates of pay), but not as a permanent member of staff. There is a final salary pension scheme, but only if you last there for 5 years or more.
Pros
28 days annual leave, pension
Cons
Ovetime is expected and is unpaid. Lots of office politics.
Enjoyable work place
Accounts Payable Processor (Former Employee) –  Manchester, ENG24 October 2013
Through working for Network Rail I gained valuable computing experience in a daily office role. My day would consist of working with a buddy to clear your letter rang of invoices on a 2 day turn over. The management team at Network Rail are brilliant, professional and supportive. My team manager was very hands on and professional, approachable and helped in all areas of the job. The team I worked with were friendly, approachable and helpful. I thoroughly enjoyed my time in this role and was very sad to leave.
Good Place to work
Assistant Track Maintenance Engineer (Current Employee) –  Manchester, ENG8 October 2013
Very good place to work, challenging and rewarding. I have learnt a lot working with network rail and wish to now improve and learn more to further my career
Pros
Good Staff
Cons
very few
Not a place to progress
HR Administrator (Current Employee) –  Manchester26 August 2013
I have been working in HR for 7 years now and I do not think there is place for me to progress anymore at Network Rail.

I would like to progress and get a better job within HR.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Network Rail. Our community is ready to answer.