Nestlé Employee Reviews

Empresa bastante dinamica
Gerente de bar e restaurante (Former Employee) –  Berkshire15 April 2018
Boa empresa a todos os níveis embora trabalhasse para uma subcontratada que se chama Sodexo que estava a explorar o Hotel e centro de treinos para a Nestle (UK)
Busy and fun
Factory Operative (Former Employee) –  Hadfield, Derbyshire13 April 2018
Was mostly hard work especially when on stacking. There were different hours of work that were available. They had on site canteen the people were friendly
Pros
Free carpark cheaper food from factory shop
Cons
Can be hard work
coffee specialist
IPS (NESTLE) TEMPORARY (Current Employee) –  York, North Yorkshire7 March 2018
In and out bound call centre dealing with customers needs, ordering, chassing up delivery, techinical
Fast paced working environment, have to able to multi task and think on your feet
ok
Folk Lift Driver (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear2 March 2018
Its a good job just need a change been there too long going the same things day in and day out I also can't exceed in my position and I would really like to.
Job satisfaction
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  York27 February 2018
A typical day would usually be very busy which is how I prefer work to be, despatching orders to a tight deadline. Nestle logistics usually achieved 99.6 % service.
I learned all different parts of a busy working warehouse.
The management was usually very approachable.
The workplace was a very rewarding place to work and in recent years a lot of people from outside the UK came to work with us making the workplace a lot more diverse and interesting.
I never found anything about my job too hard as I consider myself to have a good work ethic and I felt I could adapt to any situation.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the camaraderie of the workforce.
Pros
Job satisfaction
Cons
Non really but shift work was sometimes tiring
Factory work
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Tutbury, Staffordshire19 February 2018
If you can handle infinite repetition day after day this job is for you. It doesn't really require thought, just labour. Typical days fluctuate between having virtually nothing to do because your job is automated, to sweating it out for 12 hours with only your breaks as respite. There is no middle ground.
Pros
3 on 3 off shifts can work for some, most staff are very friendly
Cons
Long hours, repetitive, no mental stimuli, often unassisted
Not good
Machine Operative (Former Employee) –  Halifax, West Yorkshire5 February 2018
Not a good place to work made to feal worthless. Easy work but mind numbing would not advise anyone to work there. Pay is good though but for me not worth it
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Mind numbing
Fun
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Strood, Kent5 February 2018
Its a good first job to get some experience in a warehouse and the people there was fun to work with and I enjoyed it the money was not great but i woz olny Young
fun place to work
Process/Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne4 January 2018
At Nestle i was also agency based which was not a permanent job other than that i enjoyed the job the management and work force was easy and friendly.
Fun and time goes fast
Packing Operative (Former Employee) –  Halifax, West Yorkshire2 January 2018
It was good and fun to be there and every one is happy people to work with and it's a big place so you be confident to work and am good lisner so that would be even good
Pros
We get 5 lunches and and long hours
Cons
Pepole are happy engough
Rowntree's Culture was good
Project Manager, Business Analyst, System Analyst (Former Employee) –  York, North Yorkshire2 January 2018
I started working for Rowntree, who were then taken over by Nestlé. The company culture continued for most of my employment, but has now largely been swept away as most of the jobs in York have been dispensed with.
Difficult place to work
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Dalston31 December 2017
As a former worker doing the job was manageable.But all the targets(production and health and safety)are too much.Also the skills expected(adaptability) on different jobs ain't easy and there's a lot of pressure and responsibility put on your head.Management have evolved the place too much for me and you have be realistic and perhaps try something else.
Pros
Well paid
Cons
48 hour week.4x12 hours, job too much.
Gained a lot of experience
Export Supply Network Planner (Current Employee) –  Stafford, Staffordshire10 December 2017
A large company that allows you to experience different areas that develops your skills set along the way. Provides opportunities to move into different roles when available to broaden experience.
Good Learning Environment
INDUSTRIAL SERVICES MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Pakistan8 December 2017
I found a good learning Environment like advance tools like TPM roll out under progress and i learnt a lot be part of this project and secondly many improvement projects are opportunities of learning
Pros
Housing Facility
Cons
Work Life Balance is not good
Good place, good staff and managment
Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Halifax, West Yorkshire24 November 2017
I worked there for five years..
I can say this was the best job I ever had. Even though I have a financial degree it still didn't attract me to leave the place as the management, staff and job was really good. No complaints :)
Pros
good pay, good working culture
Cons
12 hour shifts nights
Loved it
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear9 November 2017
Really enjoyed my work experience here the team were fantastic to work with and made me feel very welcome and included in all the projects that i worked on them with.
Good Experience
Temporary Role (Current Employee) –  Gatwick Airport Station, West Sussex9 November 2017
A relaxed and modern environment to work in. Responsible for yourself allowing you to manage your own time. Management are supportive and encouraging.
Fun place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear31 October 2017
Learnt well how to run my own team while working on the shop floor, make sure health and safety checks were done on the hour every hour. Made sure product was on time ready for our customers
Pros
Free lunches
IT Support (Former Employee) –  Buxton18 October 2017
It was a very good pleasure to work for a great and ethical company such as Nestle. It showed me some great features and some very interesting ways of how to experience various tips and tricks.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Long Hours
Great people and some very interesting work
Project Management Coordinator (Current Employee) –  York12 October 2017
In my role a typical day would be sense checking projects status in preparation for upcoming stage gates, running/analysing reports based on project time/cost and project "health" in terms of mandatory data and deliverables. I would be training and coaching project managers through the processes and systems surrounding portfolio and project management within Nestle. I may also be called upon to provide coaching/training on the structured problem solving tools used at Nestle. I have learned that no one wants to do a bad job but unless smart mistake proof solutions are provided to employees, things can still go wrong. I have been working over the last year to provide as much visibility to our portfolio as possible and to make working through the processes and reviewing things mistake proof. Over the last 5/6 years the management have been through a big culture shift from a more traditional management approach to now being more about coaching and asking open questions to employees for the best results. The hardest part of the job is getting things finished. As I work for a centre that is providing direction for 3 other sites (all in different countries) it sometimes takes time to get all the pieces of the jigsaw together. The most enjoyable part of the job is solving a problem and seeing the teams attitude towards certain processes change.
Pros
Flexible working hours, good pension, free coffee and fresh fruit, real care for the employees
Cons
scope changes, long lead times for decision making as there are so many stakeholders in Nestle

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nestlé. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2