Nestlé Employee Reviews

Found 261 reviews matching the search See all 8,956 reviews
Review of role
Coffee Expert (Current Employee) –  Bromley3 February 2019
Position held – Coffee Expert
Responsibilities – providing great customer service on the shop floor, ensuring food and beverage hygiene standards are followed when using the tasting bar, stock take, management of displays, handling receipts and paper work, working as a team to ensure monthly targets are met, ensuring the Nespresso customer service policy is followed.
A nightmare place to work
Shift Operator (Former Employee) –  Carlisle31 January 2019
Massive Blame culture in the factory. People afraid to speak out. The management are oppressive and at times vindictive. Look elsewhere for work - seriously. This is the worst place I’ve ever worked in my life, I hated every minute.
Pros
Cons
Blame culture, no respect from management
Can be long days and very monotonous.
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Dalston, Cumbria21 January 2019
Can be a difficult environment to work in because of negativity and that rubs off on to all the staff. Some days can be very quick and there are opportunities to progress in parts.
Pros
good salary.
Cons
Long Hours, Shift work
Easy job and well paid
Production Opertive (Former Employee) –  Tutbury, Staffordshire12 January 2019
I really liked this job and was really well paid unfortunately I was only getting 1 shift week. I had to give my notice in to prevent losing my house as I wasn't being offered enough shifts by the agency
Pros
Nice canteen and fairly easy work
Cons
Rotating shifts
Find out yourself
Shift Maintenance Engineer (Current Employee) –  Sudbury6 January 2019
The title is the management style at Purina. It's a shame as it could be a really good place to work if the management team supported engineering but it really is a case of sort it yourself. As a new starter I thought I would be given lots of help but its difficult to learn new systems when you are given no direction from the management team.
Pros
Good shift pattern
Cons
No support
productive
warehouse operative (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear3 January 2019
at this job we did things such as working on production lines meeting the needs that were provided making sure everyday tasks and machibe checks were carried out.
Sales Assistant/ Coffee Specialist/ Nespresso
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London28 December 2018
Not a bad salary for retail but you work underpressure and everything is about numbers, every morning (briefing)you are told about KPIS, how was the day before ,the performance, and who gets the big slice of this cake is only the management team. Staff contribute a lot for the company with a rediculous so called "incentive" bonus paid quarterly. After all the rules you have to follow and the sales you have done , when you see the "bonus" it is very disgusting
Management is not capable to deal with people, unfortunately they are fake, persuasive, game players and try to bring your self-steem down and often harass you. Shifts vary and you loose your social life. If you have a good performance they "award " you as a "Champion", where you are responsible for certain area in the boutique like : stock, machines and VM without being paid any extra penny. Talking about PDP - Personal Development Performance, they always try to put you down because you are never enough they judge your personality and behaviour not taking in consideration you are a human.. they should hire robots if they want people with no feelings. It is a nightmare company to work for. No staff stay long term . Vacancies always available for Nespresso Boutiques.
Pros
Free coffee, coffee capsules and machine allowance, a five stars health &safety and hygiene. Beautiful boutiques.
Cons
lots of cons, check it above.
Open Plan Office
Office Services Administrator- Finance (Former Employee) –  York, North Yorkshire21 December 2018
Sorting post, Scanning Invoices, allocating to teams
Large office so interaction with management minimal
Staff friendly.
Maintaining the daily workload was a challenge
nestle
technical operator (Former Employee) –  united kingdom18 December 2018
I started working for nestle uk in November 1983 as a machine operator this lead on to me becoming an operator trainer training new starters in the company, I worked my way up to lead operator this gave me more reasonability with in the company. After a few yeas I got promoted to technical operator in charge of sugar manufacturing and many new trials for new products, nestle was a great place to work and there was always opportunities to move up in the company
Pros
well looked after in the company
productive with good benefits
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  hayes greater london uk17 December 2018
working at nestle was good experience and good working environment easy going work associates with good career prospects.also you have to keep good decipline at worksite
Pros
cheap lunches and breakfast
Cons
changing room was far
Back biting and horrible management
Coffee specialist (Former Employee) –  York, North Yorkshire16 December 2018
The pay and benefits do in now way make up for the totally shoddy management structure in York. Brown nose the management and you will get the pick if the best tasks. Be yourself and you will be left facing abusive customers all day long with no support which is soul destroying and demoralizing.
Woe betide anybody who actually dares to challenge anyone about their lack of health and safety despite it being an active high pressure targeted task within the bonus structure.
Horrible management, incredible high staff turnover and if your face fits they will give you what you want despite your lack of team spirit.
Save yourself the stress and keep away.
There are plenty of jobs out there that do not make you work stupid shifts and weekends. Depresso indeed.
Pros
Bonus
Cons
Rubbish management, angry customers on tap that you have to deal with with no support, rubbish hours
too many rules and regulations like you can't breathe
Production Operator (Current Employee) –  Wisbech, Cambridgeshire24 November 2018
a typical day at work was always mayhem and management on your case for the whole 12 hours. The training is not there and when it is you sign all this paperwork and you never see them again until you do a mistake. The wages are great and so are the benefits, But is it worth all the stress and depression it can give you when you do multiple jobs per day and get no thanks for it, Instead you get more work and expect you to do it.
Shift captan in laundry
Shift capton (Former Employee) –  Sheikepura21 November 2018
I were handle the laundry staff. All uniform account and back to the pigen hole. I have worked 6 year in nestle. Fallow th rules and proper work in the shift
Pros
Free lunch and dinner
Cons
8 hours
productie
FACTORY WORKER (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne21 October 2018
nice friendly staff:
willing to help with any task needed will take their time showing you whats needed to do and to train you on the machines hardest part of the job is getting to know how to use the machines.
fitter
Mechanical Technician (Former Employee) –  Middlesex17 October 2018
servicing and fault finding on the coffee production machines in the spray dried side of the factory .learned about confined spaces and steam production. The hardest part of the job was the heat was pretty intense from the coffee production
Pros
learned a lot
Cons
very hot
Informative and eye-opening
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  Gatwick Airport Station11 October 2018
My experience at Nestle allowed me to gain exposure to a multi-national company that works on a global scale. Within this, I was enabled to gain insight into various finance and sales roles. This included finance co-pilots, customer business managers and pricing analysts.
It's alright
Coffee Specialist / QSHE (Former Employee) –  London10 October 2018
The job pays well for what it is, worth trying, not for everyone but some people are really enjoying the job and the company is reasonably good and fair with employees.
Pros
Free coffee, bonuses
Cons
Kinda long hours, a bit too strict, tiering
Worse smelliest & most disorganised & dumb place to work
Undercover boss (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, Suffolk1 October 2018
The place is an absolute abolishing mistake.
Floor managers need to liven up & grow up a bit as they are purely dumb & think the sun shines out their rear I mean c’mon guys... you are Sudbury country people aka nothing special.
Very disorganised & not worth the grief hence the lack of staff & the 12 hour shifts with bad work.
Personally sack all managers & overrated staff & freshen the place with good people & staff.
Would never recommend this place to anyone unless you are a sad person who has no life nor will to live .
Pros
Good pay & nothing else
Cons
None just a bad sad boring life & future
Good manufacturing experience
HR Business Partner (Former Employee) –  West Yorkshire1 October 2018
As HR BP I was able to get involved with the manufacturing side of the business
No longer trading
Depot Manager (Former Employee) –  London21 September 2018
Market leader. Work hard play hard. Mad about service. Sometimes they over complicate things. People friendly. Good benefits. Run by German Post Office.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nestlé. Our community is ready to answer.

54K