Nelft Nhs Foundation Trust

Nelft Nhs Foundation Trust Employee Reviews

United Kingdom49 reviews
Great opportunity
Relaxed administrative environment. Lots of free training opportunities. Great employee benefits and pension.
The trust is overrun with nepotism and nepotism.
Under valued
Managers within the departments of the trust tend to be bullies. The hr teams within the trust seem to defend the bullies rather than tackle them. Lower bands are not really valued within the organisation.
Productive and supportive team . learnt a lot working within the setting
I enjoying working with the team, each and everyone were supportive throughout the process . I have learnt a lot of valuable skills and knowledge this I have utilize these to help,support and referred children and young people in the community and other organisations .The knowledge based work changes so often due to safeguarding and risk of children, hence it can become challenging at times when you come across some of the safeguarding cases.
The manager and senor staff are always there to help and put you to the right person if you have a case that you are struggling with .
Fast paced, stressful, busy workload
Working on reception, greeting families and professionals. Dealing with telephone queries, uploading information on RIO system. Taking messages and typing emails. Scanning and photocopying, faxing and franking post. Distributing incoming post. Ensuring the reception area was clean and tidy and replenishing stocks of information leaflets and cleaning equipment. It was very busy, but I enjoyed meeting the public and making them feel welcome and comfortable in difficult circumstances. There was a great team culture of everyone working together and supporting each other. I was experienced at dealing with any problems arising. Management were not very efficient.
Priortising quality and Progressive
Quite innovative, motivative and diverse. This is the first place that I do see nurses smilling home after the daus work. Consyantly progressive and producing good staff as well as putting patients care first
Pros
Progressive
Cons
salary is low
Great place to grow and learn
Really enjoyed working in corporate. The staff are friendly anf helpful. The chief exec was down to earth and interested in the workings of the organisation. The salary tends to be lower than neighbouring trusts but the environment made up for this. Other staff may have other experiences but mine was positive
Culture of Bullying
So NELFT have lots of managers with poor training, mainly nurses that have been there forever. A few known bullies moved around instead of being sacked accordingly.
Productive and supportive
My situation changed as soon as I changed the trust and I was lucky to get a job share within the same organisation.
I have enjoyed working for this organisation
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Nelft Nhs Foundation Trust?
psychological bullying by seniors and managers
Experienced psychological bullying by managers both as a student and qualified. No support for junior members of staff in my opinion. No forum to whistle blow without fear of harm to whistle blowers career.

Senior managers like to pat each other on the back on social media whilst ignoring issues facing front line staff, It no wonder recent CQC reported in 2019 that nelft is not 'well lead' requires improvement'.

Induction lasts 2 weeks for new employees. In induction week you learn about equality, respect and being professional and honest. Very idealistic and nice. However, when I was in my role I saw none of those values in practice by my clinical lead. As a junior member of staff I was belittled undermined and the clinical lead played mind games with me. This undermined by confidence, self esteem and competency as a professional.

Please please think twice before joining nelft. There are some lovely people at nelft but they tend not to be in management positions

If you experience any problems with nelft, I suggest you go to the CQC and report it and or go to your union for support. Nelft managment lacks transparency and lacks respect from front line staff. Its no wonder they have a high turnover of staff. For example, 150 new staff joined in November.
Velmi dobre vybavene + moderni pracoviste
NELFT je velmi velka společnost,ktera poskytuje byt soucasti tymu a další vzdelavani v oboru. Poskytuje vse dostupne k praci ,jako PC.
Reception/Admin clerk
Each day was different, nice variety of work from reception duties to booking clinics and ordering stationery.
Management where very supportive and always approachable.

Hardest part of the job was when clients blocked the car park and then assumed that the reception staff could move the cars.

The best part was when the day ended and you could say you made a difference to the clients.
Pros
Variety of jobs and my colleagues
Cons
Car park complaints
Safe Organisation to Work for
This company is NHS and therefore has good job security. I have enjoyed working here but wish to work in a different area. The people within an NHS environment are obviously very caring and there is job security and a good pension scheme.
Pros
Pension, job security
Cons
Can be asked to move to another base
They looked after me when I worked for them
This organisation was one of the best I ever worked for they developed me and played to my strengths and weaknesses . This was over 10 years ago don’t know what they are like now
Pros
Educated
Cons
Bit of drift wood
Could be better worklife balance.
Staff turn around still remains high and needs to be addressed and ask reason why . Top management are not always made aware and they should be more hands on .
Pros
Cons
Rather not say to many to mention.
Innovative environment
Open minded top management. The CEO is one of the top 10 CEO in NHS.

Progressive organisation engaging in digital transformation. Lots of investment in people.
Cons
Far from central london by car
Nelft
A good Trust to work for. The staff are made to feel that there are not just a number.

There are challenges as one would find in any other Trust. NELFT is definitely a good organisation to work for.
Racism and Jealousy
Racism and Jealousy is ripe, Manager is very unprofessional towards staff and when she feels like it towards patients as well. There is no support from the manager. She behaves like a manipulating control freak. Her idea of managing people is by intimidating, ridiculing and harassing staff. How she has survived in a care environment is beyond belief. When she is away staff breath a sigh of relief and staff work very hard and tirelessly without her command of control and harassment.
Pros
Great Staff very supportive to each other.
Cons
Ward Manager needs to go.
Official response from Nelft Nhs Foundation Trust
15 April 2019
Thank you for your feedback. NELFT take matters of racism and harassment seriously. I would be grateful if you could please submit your comments confidentially on https://www.nelft.nhs.uk/freedom-to-speak-up
My Work Place
On a daily basis I
- log service users information on the database (RIO),

- KPI spreadsheet,

- create client files,

- receive and process referrals,

- Booking appointments, sending appointment letters to service users

- Dealing with petty cash

- Manage and monitor staff Healthroster (attendance register)

- Arrange social events and staff away days

- Dealing with telephone calls and taking and distributing messages to the appropriate persons

- hardest part of my job is taking minutes and KPI spreadsheets

- the most enjoyable part is meeting the service users and i enjoy just being busy.
Pros
able to use my initiative and ideas
Cons
able to work late if and when needed and receive extra annual leave
Great opportunities to Develop
I have worked for NELFT for 5 years and have been given many opportunities to develop and work my way up through the organisation.
Agile working has enabled me to have a great work life balance
Pros
Flexibility and Opportunities
Cons
Safe and friendly atmosphere, Family- friendly.
A typical day at work is a very optimistic and positive atmosphere, where people are happy to help patients and work together as a team. Family-friendly, patient and client-oriented.

I learnt to plan ahead and be positive in my work attitude. I learnt team-spirit attitude.

Management is superb, always looking out for the best interest of staff.

Workplace culture is that of equal opportunity for all.

The hardest part of the job is learning that a patient died in care.

This can be very sad, but I learnt to move on very quickly, so I can better look after other patients, without transferring grief or emotions.

The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing people get better and living life to the full because they were well cared for by staff and family members.
Pros
Friendly and family-friendly.
Cons
Very limited pay.
Collaboraitve approach to holistic patientt care
Within this community post I work autonomously in providing holistic, quality nursing care both within patients owns homes and in a clinic setting. Each patient contact is an opportunity to holistically assess and review the patients capability to achieve their AODL'S when managing chronic or long term conditions. With patient participation, I establish and implement care plans appropriate to their nursing needs and work closely with multidisciplinary services to enhance patient care and encourage and promote independence.

This role has enabled me to make rapid decisions recognising where intervention is required and collaboratively manage care to avoid hospital admissions. I thoroughly enjoy the continuity of this job in that we can join the patient on their journey acting as a nurturing source to relieve anxieties and assist them in overcoming exacerbations of poor health. The most significant challenge faced on a daily basis for me would be the adverse environments patients reside in and the lonely people we visits and then have to leave.

I have experience great support and mentorship from all colleagues and management In this team and enjoy the close working dynamics of the service which closely resemble family.
Pros
agile working
Cons
driving times
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nelft Nhs Foundation Trust. Our community is ready to answer.
Nelft Nhs Foundation Trust Reviews by Location