Neath Port Talbot County Borough Council

Neath Port Talbot County Borough Council Employee Reviews

United Kingdom16 reviews
When I worked at Neath port talbot council as a kitchen aasasistant at Min y Afan care Home Cwmafan Not long after unfortunately the head cook became very ill and I was asked to cook more and more which I enjoyed very much because I was already a qualified cook I settled in very easily most of the care staff were brilliant and helped me find a good balance between those residents who had specific needs and those who could eat most foods that was put in front of them this helped me settle in very easily and also helped me get to know each and every one of the residents and I can honestly say there were some fantastic characters there that made the shift pass by and enjoyable. Jane the manager was really good and helped me sort out a problem with a problem which occurred with another job I was doing which both jobs concerned NPT Council and adjusted my hours to suit which made it much easier for me to do both jobs I loved doing .....unfortunately and after four and a half years at Min y Afan NPT handed over Min y Afan to outside contractors and that didn’t do it for me and I left. But I can honestly say when I look back at the time there or even when I drive past the now disused buildings I still smile at the fantastic time I spent there.
Pros
Great to work for
Cons
Some back stabbing and some laziness
getting to met new people and good to work for loved my jobs was very interesting and working with nice people and getting along with everybody was a pleasure to get up and go to work
Pros
free lunch
Cons
long days
7:30am start, supervisors contacting the office to order materials for work on site. Learn a lot about construction and how the materials get used. Management are very friendly and very flexible. You can be put under a bit of pressure if there are a lot of work going on so therefor you will be ordering materials via emailing company’s or via telephone. The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to meet new people every day, suppliers, reps, contractors
Pros
Flexible hours
Typical day would be serving children food, cleaning of the kitchen and canteen. I learnt a few strict cleaning rules from the cook which I never learnt in the previous school I worked in. Management was great I never had a problem with them and they were great with me when I had to go off on the sick due to longterm illness.
Pros
Only term time work
Rewarding to look after clients interests and guide them towards best outcome. Working for and with the right team is essential if given to choice. Pay and Pension is good for Public Sector, but reducing budgets mean more streamlining of services/workers.
Pros
pension
Cons
job security in non essential services.
I love working in this school. The staff are friendly and the children are lovely. The location is beautiful. They go above and beyond to make you feel accepted.
Both schools I worked in in the area were happy schools with great staff and lovely pupils. Always made to feel part of the team as soon as I began. Never any problems with County side of things either.
Due to the nature of the job the workload was heavy however it was enjoyable. Both schools I worked for in this county were fantastic schools with wonderful children and staff alike. Support from senior management was always guaranteed.
Overall I enjoyed working for Neath Port Talbot Council, although the hours I originally started with changed rapidly as the team grew. This was not in my contract when I first began working for them.
Pros
good rate of pay
Cons
split shift patterns
The zero hour contract wad great for me as it worked well with my college courses. There were a lot of fun people to work with and the work was generally fun to do
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Sometimes had to work in bad weather
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Neath Port Talbot County Borough Council?
Loved the job, nice to be able to help tenants and sort out problems and be respected by fellow staff and members. Didn't want to leave but banks had crashed and cutbacks caused redundancy :( Would go back tomorrow :)
Pros
Wonderful job, staff and manages
Cons
Volunteering at the library is so much fun. Being a library assistant (weekends) I get to meet so many people, build up good relationships with library users, which is very interesting, and a motivating environment to be in. I learn so much every time I work there, and it never gets tiresome. The age range of users keeps it fresh and interesting, as you never know who's going to walk through the doors next! The other volunteers here are fantastic as we are all like one big family, everybody is so welcoming and helpful.
I haven't got a bad word to say about this company, if you ever get the opportunity to volunteer for them please do, as it is an invaluable opportunity which has benefited myself immensely. It has been such a rewarding experience.
The Council works very hard to make better the lives of its residents and staff members. The authority also works very hard to ensure that young people have access to training and work programmes.
Rewarding fullfilling work. Challenging but rewarding time in work with a good team. Manage, action plans, audits, meetings and reginal work.
Pros
Flexi time
Cons
distance
a typical day in work would be litter picking certain areas of the out skirts of the town, emptying public bins and grass cutting. i learned to work as a team with some very helpfull co workers, i enjoyed this job very much and only have good things to say about all aspects.
Pros
out doors
Cons
temp contract
Enjoyed my time