Neath Port Talbot County Borough Council Employee Reviews

Kitchen Assistant
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Neath, Neath Port Talbot22 September 2018
Typical day would be serving children food, cleaning of the kitchen and canteen. I learnt a few strict cleaning rules from the cook which I never learnt in the previous school I worked in. Management was great I never had a problem with them and they were great with me when I had to go off on the sick due to longterm illness.
Pros
Only term time work
large work force
Welfare Rights Officer (Former Employee) –  Neath5 January 2018
Rewarding to look after clients interests and guide them towards best outcome. Working for and with the right team is essential if given to choice. Pay and Pension is good for Public Sector, but reducing budgets mean more streamlining of services/workers.
Pros
pension
Cons
job security in non essential services.
Breakfast club assistant (Current Employee) –  Cymer, Neath Port Talbot9 September 2017
I love working in this school. The staff are friendly and the children are lovely. The location is beautiful. They go above and beyond to make you feel accepted.
Excellent employers
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Ystalyfera15 July 2017
Both schools I worked in in the area were happy schools with great staff and lovely pupils. Always made to feel part of the team as soon as I began. Never any problems with County side of things either.
A good council to work for.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Neath, Neath Port Talbot14 June 2017
Due to the nature of the job the workload was heavy however it was enjoyable. Both schools I worked for in this county were fantastic schools with wonderful children and staff alike. Support from senior management was always guaranteed.
Productive and very rewarding job
Support Worker/Carer (Former Employee) –  South Wales21 February 2017
Overall I enjoyed working for Neath Port Talbot Council, although the hours I originally started with changed rapidly as the team grew. This was not in my contract when I first began working for them.
Pros
good rate of pay
Cons
split shift patterns
Fun workplace with enjoyable work
Casual Survey Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baglan30 October 2016
The zero hour contract wad great for me as it worked well with my college courses. There were a lot of fun people to work with and the work was generally fun to do
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Sometimes had to work in bad weather
Great Place to work. Pleasant Staff and Management
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Neath Abbey Neath23 July 2015
Loved the job, nice to be able to help tenants and sort out problems and be respected by fellow staff and members. Didn't want to leave but banks had crashed and cutbacks caused redundancy :( Would go back tomorrow :)
Pros
Wonderful job, staff and manages
Fun Environment to be in
Volunteer Library Assistant (Current Employee) –  Briton Ferry, WLS28 June 2015
Volunteering at the library is so much fun. Being a library assistant (weekends) I get to meet so many people, build up good relationships with library users, which is very interesting, and a motivating environment to be in. I learn so much every time I work there, and it never gets tiresome. The age range of users keeps it fresh and interesting, as you never know who's going to walk through the doors next! The other volunteers here are fantastic as we are all like one big family, everybody is so welcoming and helpful.
I haven't got a bad word to say about this company, if you ever get the opportunity to volunteer for them please do, as it is an invaluable opportunity which has benefited myself immensely. It has been such a rewarding experience.
Good hard working local authority
Regional Environmental Management Advisor (Former Employee) –  Llandarcy22 June 2015
The Council works very hard to make better the lives of its residents and staff members. The authority also works very hard to ensure that young people have access to training and work programmes.
Work
Strategic Business Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Neath, WLS3 August 2014
Rewarding fullfilling work. Challenging but rewarding time in work with a good team. Manage, action plans, audits, meetings and reginal work.
Pros
Flexi time
Cons
distance
enjoyable and good for the community
community improvment operative (Former Employee) –  neath12 February 2014
a typical day in work would be litter picking certain areas of the out skirts of the town, emptying public bins and grass cutting. i learned to work as a team with some very helpfull co workers, i enjoyed this job very much and only have good things to say about all aspects.
Pros
out doors
Cons
temp contract
Enjoyable workplace