NCR Employee Reviews

United Kingdom75 reviews
It can be a hard place to work at times but on those days you deal with the right customers it can be such fun and worth the effort. It has helped me grow and be more confident in myself, at times the culture of the management can be frustrating but you can quickly learn to mitigate that and end up having a relaxed but hard working environment.
I’ve worked at NCR for 5+ years. The job is extremely easy but the prospects of a promotion or pay-rise are virtually zero. The management treat you more like a number on a computer screen than an actual human being and they don’t reward hard work. If this job wasn’t so easy and laid back I would have quit years ago. I’ve asked for loyalty based pay rises in the past and they usually just laugh and say there’s no money. Meanwhile the company is constantly winning contracts with huge corporations. Then they expect us to do even more work without any extra pay. If anything I would say NCR is the perfect model for how not to run a company. Once I’ve used up all of my holidays I’ll be getting out of this God awful company.
Pros
Nobody looking over your shoulder. As many coffee breaks as you want.
Cons
Low pay. No incentive to work hard. Complete disconnect between management and engineers.
Seasonal employment in the temporary testing lab worked well for me whilst I was at college and university. The tasks involved were exceptionally simple and easy to understand, however this could often be mindnumbingly boring. The was good given the easiness of the role.
Pros
On-site canteen
Cons
boring, manual tasks.
good learning experience would recommend a lot of non skilled workers payed unfairly related to work load and risks, left to own devices good planners and communication
Worked within ncr for over 14 years and enjoyed my time here. I went from full time to party time to help work alongside having a family and ncr helped and were flexible.
it was a great place to work with fantastic people to work with, always time for a good laugh inbetween taking calls i would say the hardest part of the job was leaving as unfortunately they have closed the bellshill site and moved it to another country management was always great and very accomodating with employees and their needs 10/10 would work here again
ATM machines in Bank and Self Check Out for Retail environment is a challenging job, because the IT support job every other day is different fault Not a same fault. Most of the faults are mechanical, Hardware and Software installation.
They ask to much as of asking to clean bodily fluids and don’t care that you don’t care if you don’t have the training for it. Management don’t know what they are doing
I was transferred to NCR from Fujitsu with no choice. Their training and support was a lower standard than i was used to and they were not pro active in getting you trained up on products and systems that you were not experienced on.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at NCR?
Management aren't that concern with workforce. nepotism is rife and NCR only focus on negative feedback. Poor wages and NCR don't care about their call centre employees, moving job to cheaper locations.
Great company to work for. People are really friendly and helpful. Every day is a school day. New technology latest up to date banking solutions. Worked with some amazing engineers.
worst part of this job was being self employed best part was the salary for hours worked, most enjoyable was the collegues you was working with and the atmosphere
No work life balance, good ole boy culture, training that's worthless in the field, expected to know how to fix everything even though you haven't been trained on equipment, must rely on pictures and trial and error, micro managing, GPS tracking your every move from start if day to end, management only cares about the numbers, and your productivity.
I worked at the client's site (Sainsbury's). i was working as part of the NCR QA team , and also as kind of coordinator between the client and us. every morning we had triage meetings with the client and we discussed about the new defects that the client raised. my role was to check if the defects are real defects or working as design.
Pros
Gave me the option to gain a lot of knowledge
Cons
No Cons
A typical day at work brings new challenges always. I always had the opportunity to organise my own workload and felt trusted and respected by my managers.
decent pay and sociable hours. staff are very friendly. very fast paced workload, management are fair but firm and treat everyone with the same level of support
I worked for NCR for 22 years it was a good company to work for until they sold us to iconic . It was local I had good benefits management was good work was reasonably paid . You felt like a team you were treated reasonably
worst employer I have ever worked for, 6 minutes loo break allowed for whole day. Shocking management style - I was let go because 1 caller said I was slurring my words and thought I was drunk which I certainly wasn't. I have neurological condition which affects my speech when I'm tired. No questions were asked just phone call from agency to say I was no longer required. Discrimination at its worst.
Weak managers from top to bottom only intrested in stats. Dire places to work for, Serbians run the show. Sack you if you worked under 2 years for no reason.
Pros
Door to door travel
Cons
Poor pay, bully management, to many jobs worths
I was transferd into the company,my contract was good . I still took a payout and left No progresstion , bonues are £70 every 3 months if ur lucky to be the top performing team. You are just a number, managers only care about stats. I have worked for many top companys and this is the worst of them all. 21k for shifts , 1 weekend on and 1 off. Same with bank holidays 100% joke of a company Full of dead beat engineers with no ambition.
Cons
management is a mess to be honest would not recommend anyone to work here. i worked there for nearly 1 year and the trainig had nothing to do with the job the team leaders did not know what they were doing and didnt help in the slightest as they were to busy on there social media.