NBC Environment Employee Reviews

Professional, Fun and Focused vision.
Wildlife and Environment operative (Current Employee) –  West Yorkshire24 January 2019
NBC is a great company to work for. They provide excellent training, all the equipment you require to carry out your daily tasks, a well focused vision that quality is the way to succeed in the industry and a very good support team. The company is highly focused on people carrying out their work the best they can, to both deliver a first class service and to succeed in their career. Excellent, a great decision to join the NBC family. 5*'s.
Pros
Well focused, professional company, great supply of equipment to do the very best job.
Cons
None so far.
An enjoyable workplace
Wildlife and environmental operative (Current Employee) –  London24 January 2019
When searching for my first job after finishing university I wanted a job where I would be able to continuously learn and develop new skills both professionally and personally. There are many opportunities to gain and develop new skills within the company and since starting with NBC I have been taught an array of new skills ranging from falconry to pest control. I have enjoyed working with NBC so far because everyday is different and you are presented with different challenges each day. Overcoming these challenges is perhaps one of the best bits about the job and this is where I have learnt the most and gained the most enjoyment.
Pros
Diverse range of jobs, Friendly staff, All the training and equipment is provided, Staff recognition
Positive and supportive colleagues. Great atmosphere and in depth training.
Wildlife and Environmental Technician (Current Employee) –  South East23 January 2019
From applying for my role to being offered it I have experienced a professional and welcoming approach. My training and support has been brilliant along with a wide range of tools and equipment that has been provided. The interview process was thorough and a long process which makes me feel good to have been successful. I am loving the role and am excited about progressing within the company. From previous employment experience it is refreshing to see a hands on MD that is keen to pass on a wealth of knowledge and experience. I was recruited at the same time as another person which has helped with training etc. It has given me someone in the same position to keep in touch with and pass ideas between.
Pros
The ability to manage my own hours and job list, positive colleagues that are always on hand to help, active staff social media page.
Cons
Being entirely honest the day to day amount of jobs can feel daunting, but this does help gain experience and confidence quickly so not overall a con!
Brilliant Company , Welcoming and Supportive team at NBC
Wildlife and Environment Operative (Current Employee) –  East22 January 2019
Since my first interview this company has exceeded my expectations, I have been provided with all the training and equipment to do my job confidently and professionally. The office staff are very helpfull and seem to bend over backwards to resolve any queries that may arise. There are clear opportunities to develop myself professionally, management who are supportive and very experienced in their respective fields. It was a massive decision for me to leave a company I have been with for twelve years and begin a new career with NBC, but there has not been a day I have regretted it. I would recommend choosing this company to work , as they take what they do seriously and provide the opportunity to the right persons to do the job of their dreams.
Pros
Full uniform and tools, travel, team building days, company van and friendly staff
Best place I have ever work, friendly, encouraging, supportive.
Wildlife and environmental management operative (Current Employee) –  South East26 November 2018
Nbc Environment is a great company to work for, from the moment I started the training has been from day one and offers or training given still today. There are alway people there to support you from the M.D, management and team leaders as well as other operatives. The work it’s massively enjoyable and the people that work there are so friendly and make you feel welcome from day one. They are always recognising and encouraging those that do a good job. NBC support you and encourage you in both work life and personal life, and the balance between the both in my opinion is spot-on. I would highly recommend this company for people that want to better themselves and want the opportunities to move forward and to work to a high standard.
Pros
great opportunities, development and pay. Friendly and welcoming people. And a pleasure to work for
Cons
There are no cons for working at Nbc Environment!
Don't touch them with a bargepole!!
Technician (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, Aberdeen City11 October 2018
If you want a job where you're underpaid, unappreciated and unsupported....then NBC Environment is where to look!

A company Full of empty promises

In the 4 years I worked for the company, I continually showed interest in training, asked at every opportunity to be considered for training and was continually told there would be training offered soon. The training never materialised. Excuse was always that there was no available money to spend on training, yet there was always money to buy drones....or random small companies to make them look better. Funnily enough, when I have in my notice, the technical director called me and offered to send me on the training course I'd been asking for the very next week. Too little too late.

An embarrassing company to work for.

It slowly became embarrassing to work for NBC Environment, having had no training in the job I was doing I (and others) were having to muddle our way through tasks we had no training for while attempting to appear professional to the client. Materials, tools and equipment were very rarely made available for jobs, and on the occasions they were available they would be unsuitable. I would be sent to clients with rodent problems, with absolutely no equipment to deal with the problem even after asking for it a week before attending. Eventually clients begin to notice, and it's shameful.

It's all cloak and dagger.

In their job adverts and contracts, NBC Environment state that you may have to work away occasionally to support other branches. In reality, workers are regularly told they have to work
  more... away for weeks at a time, sometimes in very remote locations. You're not really asked either....more told you have to go.
Workers are tracked continually. At one point I received a call asking why I had applied my brakes so hard, 10 mins after i had to brake suddenly when a car in front of my van slammed his brakes on.
Your bonus is practically unattainable, you're never really told what the conditions are to earn your bonus.

Terrible working hours, conditions and unfair overtime proceedures.

During the spring/summer months employees have to work long days, sometimes upwards of 12 hours plus weekends. You can of course claim overtime, until it gets closer to the quiet period where workers receive the email saying they can no longer claim paid overtime, and have to start banking hours for TOIL to use over the very quiet winter period. If you're lucky enough to not get the sack for there not being enough work over the winter period, you'll have to use all your TOIL and holidays over this period, working 2/3 days a week.
Your days are planned out for you by someone sat in an office hundreds of miles away, who think Dundee is 20 mins away from Inverness.
If you take a job with NBC Environment, be sure to never get sick. They don't pay any sick pay even after years of service. Its statutory sick pay, or you have to take TOIL and work the hours back, or use up your holiday days.

Higher management just don't care.

Workers And team leaders receive little support from management, I found I could go a week plus without any contact from anyone. The area operations manager has no people skills and should not be In charge of a work force. As above, they have little interest in investing time and money on their staff, yet they can find money to hire Twickenham for a conference, or buy robotic falcons.

I worked for NBC Environment, paid the wage bracket for having one skill, when I was using three skills. I did my job to the best of my ability with next to no training, barely any equipment and little support. Staff morale is low and it's absolutely not worth the stress working for this company.
Pros
Its a little bit better than being on the dole
Cons
Everything. Absolutely everything.