NatWest Management reviews

pleasant environment
Mortgage outbound advisor (Current Employee) –  birmingham26 June 2018
Its is very pleasant and great company to work for, the management is always willing to help, there is a lot of progress and career opportunities within the company.I have worked within the company since 2015 and I have always looked forward to my day to day duties.
Pros
envirnoment
Lovely people
Bank Clerk (Former Employee) –  Walsall, West Midlands18 June 2018
I loved my time here. Management and staff were all brilliant!, cross trained on various departments. Good training and room to progress. Felt like family.
Good working relationships
Protection Consultant (Former Employee) –  Stratford, Greater London3 June 2018
Typical days were usually varied and interesting. Working closely with colleagues from different business areas proved very informative and helped to develop other business opportunities. Management were usually very supportive however unfortunately they were often moved about frequently. Workplace culture was very positive as each member of staff was committed to achieving branch success. Staff movement could be frustrating as relationships changed and new ones had to be developed. The most enjoyable part of the job was the shared success that was achieved by working together towards the common goal.
not the bank I expected to work in
Linkage Manager (Former Employee) –  London25 May 2018
unfortunately this bank has gone from really great to work, to one of the worst in the high streets. there is not leadership from LCEOS, just talk about mortgages and mortgages is key. work life balance doesn't exist and when there is shortage of staff customers really suffer. its a shame not branches are closing up and down the country also in key locations forcing customers to leave or travel. the CEO of RBS priorities are not truly focussed on the customers.
Pros
salary is good.
Cons
have to pay into your own pension, long hours, unhappy staff
Most enjoyable job
Bank Clerk (Former Employee) –  Leicester City Centre, Leicestershire17 May 2018
9 To 5 processing cheques and credits working on tills and in the counting house making up wages for larger companies
All aspects of banking
Excellent management
No hard part
Meeting and helping people
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Not invested in their employees
Banking manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London27 April 2018
I worked for this company for 10 years and my whole dept was made redundant.

Upper management are nothing but glorified sales consultants with zero leadership or management skills.

They use scaremongering tactics to push staff to meet 'sale targets' and come in even when sick.

Not a transparent company at all to work for.
Pros
Cons
Rubbish management and leadership
Good team work
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Perivale11 April 2018
Thoroughly enjoyed my time with Natwest. Learnt cashiering and direct debit clerk whilst there.
Good management and place to work.
Only left as was involved in two raids by armed robbers!
Work experience placement
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  Dorking31 March 2018
My week long work experience placement was a good productive week, and the management was caring and understanding and the workplace had a fun atmosphere about it due to the staff. Overall i enjoyed my week here.
Extrememly stressful
Customer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bournemouth29 March 2018
When I first joined it was a great place to work.
Now they expect one cashier to serve a queue of angry customers . No loo break. Absolutely dreadful.
Personal bankers just expected to continually outbound call for mortgages .
Not meant to have targets anymore. What a joke .
Management are bullies.
So many colleagues off sick due to stress.
Don't work for this bank if you value your health !
Pros
Cons
Plenty
Interesting and varied job with great people
Senior Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol27 February 2018
A good place to work if you enjoy interacting with people and really want to help them achieve their financial goals.
It's given me good listening skills, management training and experience within the financial sector.
The hardest part of the job is time management and the best part is when you know you've really helped someone and made a difference in their life.
Great place to work if you are over the age of 30
Associate Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Buckinghamshire26 February 2018
Management does not care about your well being.
You are expected to work beyond your paid hours, im not talking about the branch management but rather the area management.
Depends on which location and management style
Counter Manager/ CSO and Self assisted Specialist (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London25 February 2018
I enjoyed working at Natwest Bank as management were driven to provide customer with very best of customer service and therefore achieving outstanding results.
good employer
Personal Mortgage Advisor (Current Employee) –  High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire12 February 2018
The management is accommodating to your wellbeing, they allow for flexible working hours. They help you gain professional qualifications to help you progress to the next level.
Pros
easy working hours
Cons
long drive
Good team and strong ethics
Senior Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire11 February 2018
I started working at Natwest in the Northampton branch were we were one of the first in the country to put together new concept branches. It was a great learning experience and fun working with the team and great management.
No real job security
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Numerous4 February 2018
Expected to work unpaid hours, keep cutting staff and increasing workload and targets. Management is very mixed, great if your face fits and your a favourite. Once a wonderful company to work for now only cares about saving money
Pros
Staff you work in branch with
Excellent workplace and benefits
Manager's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Theale1 February 2018
Very customer orientated - Good relationships external and internal.
Friendly - Good motivation - Excellent Training.
Good bonuses.

Hardest part of job was dealing with debt management/very empathy based.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
Salary
Avoid!
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Sherborne, Dorset18 January 2018
Poor pay for work
Poor management
No future in branch network

I may have been unlucky with my experience. However moral is super low in branches. Training seems very limited and you are thrown in at the deep end from day one. If you make a mistake expect a dressing down by your manager.
Pros
Cons
To many to list
Great
CUSTOMER ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Leeds18 January 2018
A very good experience of working in Banking, great setting in Leeds . Supported whole by the senior management team. Lots of opportunity to progress.
I Enjoyed working with my clients and colleagues at NatW est
Client Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Jersey7 January 2018
Happy at NatWest and remained there for 33 years until an opportunity arose with a new company established by a previous colleague. Worked in various areas which has given me good experience in dealing with clients and offering a high level of customer service which is encourage by management.
Pros
Good holiday quota
Cons
Workload at times
Fun and enjoyable work place
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Wokingham23 December 2017
It is a fun and enjoyable work place with friendly co workers who help you when you are stuck on a task or need assistance. The management is very controlled and it is a very good workplace.