NatWest

NatWest Employee Reviews

United Kingdom603 reviews
NatWest looks for new and innovative ways to provide products for customers both current and new. It is this innovative mindset that allows employees the freedom to generate ideas and push them to where seniors can see.
Worked in a branch for so many years. Did the various roles before lots of roles were centralized. Then the selling targets came in with unreasonable targets. Expected to do overtime for free. Work life balance poor. Best part of the job sorting out customers requests solving their problems. Worst part sales target goal posts were moved all the time.. If your face fitted then you were ok if target not achieved.
Pros
worked close to home
Cons
salary, micromanagement, bullying by management
I enjoyed my role here shame we got made redundant.
Great place to work, great people, I loved my role and miss it.

Training given and work ethics great.

Social events and piers great to work with

Very demanding fast paced
Pros
Great tk work for
Cons
Pay rises
It was very interesting to see how a normal day at a branch does occur. All of the staff were inviting and accepting of me shadowing them for my work experience.
Nat West was a great place to work, they where constantly training and allowing their staff to come up with new ideas for the smooth running of the company. I thoroughly enjoyed my 15 years of employment.
Very good place to work, flexible hours to suit family life. Good business benefits, good pension benefits . Only thing that lets them down is the pay.
Very relaxed environment, not professional as you would expect from a bank. Management just care about figures etc. 8% pension comes out of your wage which you cannot opt out of.
life at RBS and NatWest Markets was continuously changing, as the market and company expanded and contracted. Technically interesting, with opportunities to make the job your own. Client management generally supportive, but the culture could be improved in certain areas. Inconsistent management in the audit function hampered career development.
Good company to work with But I only worked as contractor so i don't know much about benefits that permanent staff is getting as part of their package
Good for single people without children
Terrible if you have children or any disability.

Poor work life balance

Expect you to do over time for free in branch setting
It really is the most rewarding job and as cliché as it sounds, making peoples dreams come true makes its all worthwhile. Extensive skills and knowledge acquired with transferable experience and continuous on the job training. Service is fundamental and having the right set of behaviours to deal with any situation is an advantage and somewhat a necessity. no one day is the same. Operational standards are crucial to survive and managing your time a must!
.NATWEST have been a good company to work for in respect to training opportunities, internal mobility and work life balance. However in recent years due to the banking climate job security has been a factor. The uncertainty of roles as processes get offshored has caused issues in retaining the best people.
Management are very unprofessional and work environment is hostile and blame culture is rife. Training team and the agency are excellent- very helpful.
Natwest is great for your personal development. you have loads of opportunities through your different placements to network and progress. you can also complete different qualifications in your 2 year graduate scheme and are heavily support by a graduate coach and buddy. Great place to work with a friendly and inclusive environment. Highly Recommend!
Pros
flexible working, free tea/coffee, onsite parking, supportive management
Cons
na
I loved my 5 days of working at NatWest,staff were incredibly helpful and were always supportive and I never felt left out. I had learnt how to become more confident and talkative towards customers.
Chose to take redundancy (as did many others) as the organisation changed dramatically over the last ten years. Not as well paid as other major financial services groups.
First exposure to Investment banking. Very good place to learn. Working in IT I found it difficult to transition into the business side of the organisation
Understand family work balance. Good to work for. Nice friendly atmosphere and great holidays and bank holidays. Really offices and clean environment.
No longer applicable as I no longer work there and haven't done so for over 4 years.
Was made redundant so don't feel as though I can comment as requested
Amazing people and place to work! I’ve worked part time and practically full time, they’ve been amazing with my hours and through my educational studies.
The Most Important Part Working Here is Working with the Team, everyone is always so kind and nice.

I think the retail banking area has gone down hill over the years with it being the same in day in day out and can make you get itchy feet as there isn't much progression or any time to get off to help build your career. the hardest part of working in this position is looking at the time.

Since moving forward with the digital times, more customers have leaned towards this and hardly see a huge foot flow so Its hard to always keep on target and you always feel like it's your fault. but this is just the times now. it is only going to get harder and sometimes I worry staying in this position in case of cuts in the company.

the only way I would stay in this company is that you were guaranteed more ways of building knowledge and being able to get progression which since 5 years I have not had.
Pros
No Progression
Cons
Same Thing Day In Day Out, Can Get Boring.