NatWest Employee Reviews

great place to work
Customer Services Assistant - Intern (Former Employee) –  Holloway, Greater London18 April 2018
work experiance was great. learnt alot of customer service skills and how problems were dealt with on a day in day out basis. colleagues were very polite and helpful
Nat West Customer Service Officer
Customer Services Officer (Former Employee) –  Maidstone, Kent16 April 2018
I worked for Nat West for almost ten years. During this time i had many offers of promotion, which i didn't accept as i was extremely happy in the role of counter manager, then manager of Lenham Branch.
My time at Lenham was very special for me as i was front facing helping customers to get the best from their banking needs.
I became very fond of the diverse customer base, but i excelled in helping the elderly residents of the community as they are the most vulnerable needing extra help and empathy.
I was responsible for opening and closing the branch, balancing of tills and the safe and working under a strict code of confidentiality.
I worked well with the managers and area managers due to the mutual respect for one another. Good team work which is rewarded with the excellent benefits provided. When i started there was the free pension scheme which is sadly no longer available to employees.
Benefits
Cons
The downfall of Nat West
great employer
Business Specialist/Manager (Former Employee) –  London14 April 2018
had a great time working at RBS. i really enjoyed the flexibility in the job to maintain work life balance.
Just was made redundant after 10 years of service,
Good team work
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Perivale11 April 2018
Thoroughly enjoyed my time with Natwest. Learnt cashiering and direct debit clerk whilst there.
Good management and place to work.
Only left as was involved in two raids by armed robbers!
Good experience
Bank Branch Member (Former Employee) –  Torquay, Devon9 April 2018
Good enjoyable week where lots of skills were gained which will benefit me in any job in the future. All staff were friendly and helpful with any problems I had.
fun workplace
Currency Service Associate (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London5 April 2018
My job required attention to detail in processing currency orders and pay ins. I learnt about Travelex Settlements and learnt how to do Travelex adjustments. The workplace was amazing and it was fun.
Pros
good people
Work experience placement
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  Dorking31 March 2018
My week long work experience placement was a good productive week, and the management was caring and understanding and the workplace had a fun atmosphere about it due to the staff. Overall i enjoyed my week here.
natwest
senior banker (Current Employee) –  Esher, UK31 March 2018
I run my own diary and most days it can be stressful some days but it does have its rewards. There is not much work life balance and i feel like i have learnt everything i need to here.
Pros
rbs select offers
Cons
no work life balance
Very fun place
Protection Consultant (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire30 March 2018
Having my own portfolio of customers to help with their life insurance needs it was very relaxed and you was treated like a specialised colleague. The colleagues were all very helpful which made you more determined to go the extra mile to help the customer and to promote the Natwest Brand
Extrememly stressful
Customer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bournemouth29 March 2018
When I first joined it was a great place to work.
Now they expect one cashier to serve a queue of angry customers . No loo break. Absolutely dreadful.
Personal bankers just expected to continually outbound call for mortgages .
Not meant to have targets anymore. What a joke .
Management are bullies.
So many colleagues off sick due to stress.
Don't work for this bank if you value your health !
Pros
Cons
Plenty
Good place for a starting job
Senior Sales Adviser (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire21 March 2018
Great place to start your working life, but not a job for life.

offer some on the job training but nothing extensive,

not great room for progression so things become stale and boring from time to time
Enjoyable
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  England16 March 2018
Working at NatWest cleaning was a good experience an I enjoyed being part of the team there An met some lovely People through out my work also love to clean so was good
Pros
Not long hours
Cons
Got dirty
productive
Bank Clerk (Former Employee) –  Leytonstone, Greater London6 March 2018
I learnt every aspect of domestic banking. Opening and closing accounts, standing orders and direct debits, reconciliations as well as counter work . I also worked in the branch subbranch which was situated in a hospital.
The hardest part was having to locate large monetary errors.
Cons
long hours when there was a serious discrepancy
Community Partner (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne6 March 2018
Working to help customers save money, make money and deliver peace of mind. Supporting our customers when they need help with their finances. We are here throughout the customers life.
Interesting and varied job with great people
Senior Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol27 February 2018
A good place to work if you enjoy interacting with people and really want to help them achieve their financial goals.
It's given me good listening skills, management training and experience within the financial sector.
The hardest part of the job is time management and the best part is when you know you've really helped someone and made a difference in their life.
great place to work
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Aldershot26 February 2018
A good compay to work for. Yo get looked after very well and perks a great too. Only issue us there is very solow career progression prospects For long time and consistency its a great co to work for
Great place to work if you are over the age of 30
Associate Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Buckinghamshire26 February 2018
Management does not care about your well being.
You are expected to work beyond your paid hours, im not talking about the branch management but rather the area management.
Depends on which location and management style
Counter Manager/ CSO and Self assisted Specialist (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London25 February 2018
I enjoyed working at Natwest Bank as management were driven to provide customer with very best of customer service and therefore achieving outstanding results.
Great place to work!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Aylesford23 February 2018
This was my first job and i progressed throughout the process. Only reason i left was because i felt like i could earn more money selling cars. I would defiantly work here again if they aid a touch more money. However i learnt my trade working here.
Pros
good hours
Cons
could not pay what i needed
Natwest
Senior Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Sheffield22 February 2018
Always learning
Always different people with different needs
I work at firth park branch and hills borough, firth park is my favorite with the variety of customers, always friendly and good company.
Hardest part is turning people down for what they need and the enjoyable moments are helping customers whether it's saving them hundreds a month and seeing the reaction and thank on their face. Knowing you have made a positive difference to their lives.
Pros
Customers
Cons
Systems