NatWest Employee Reviews

Horrible
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Ealing Broadway Station19 March 2019
I would never work for this company again. Management did not know what they were doing. Staff were forced to work during building reconstructions. We were not allowed to speak to one another. It had a military environment. One of the worst jobs I've ever had.
Cons
Not bad but Not great either
Customer Advisor - Mortgage Advisor (Former Employee) –  Belsize Park19 February 2019
It really depends on the branch you go to, I went to a few.... Camden town was very busy and not too friendly. Belsize park was really nice but the branch manager change was awful.
Excellent career progression
Financial Planning Manager (Former Employee) –  Hampshire11 February 2019
• Outstanding performance of 300% quarter to date, 137% year to date, 47th national position achieved
• Continually exceeded quarterly sales targets since taking up role till date.
• Successfully deputised in absence of Area Sales Manager
• Actively trained new recruits to competent level as Financial Advisors.
• Undertook team meetings in absence of Areas Sales Manager with positive feedback from Regional Sales Director.
Dynamic and varied
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  London5 February 2019
A typical day includes processing payments, resolving queries and facilitating product applications.

The ever changing banking world means constantly having to adapt and adjust. This means helping customers find different ways to carry out their transactions and helping them get the most from their banking.
Great place to work for experience and for a great work/life balance
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire30 January 2019
The staff welcomed me at the branch in Sheffield with open arms and took time to get to know me within the first two days of my employment. I felt like I was challenged and very happy working here it's a shame the branch was closed to make way for bigger city branches in the city centre etc.
Pros
Great lunch breaks! amazing management!
Cons
Smaller branches suffered as a result of bigger City branch deployments
Work experience
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  Great Yarmouth28 January 2019
Couldn’t do much on work experience as everything is all confidential so spent most of my time upstairs in the computer department,got to see inside the vault and did a little bit of time with the cashiers but only observing
Integrity
Controls, Conduct and Supervision - FinanceTeam (Former Employee) –  London23 January 2019
Given the RBS links, I was very pleased to work in such a positive place, with incredibly smart and dedicated people. The firm really makes staff feel like they are important to the success of the firm.
Pros
excellent work-life balance, constant investment in staff
great place
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Harrow11 January 2019
Left here 24 years ago so my review is worthless as it will not be up to date or relevant in any way. Enjoyed my time there though, was based in a branch
na
Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Dorset4 January 2019
although part of the RBS network, both brands work very differently in the way of leadership. I was disappointed by the poor leadership at Natwest.....
Pros
location
Cons
poor leadership
Typical day at work
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Thame, UK17 December 2018
Can try day t day due to customer demands and staffing. Process and Procedures are clear. Each building is looked after. Could be pressurised with the sales needed.
Pros
Nice working environment
Cons
Lack of progression
easy going
Intern (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London15 December 2018
I worked here for work experience and found it to be a very easy going working environment but one that still yielded high results nonetheless, no complaints.
good job with benefits
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Whitehaven, Cumbria8 December 2018
Many varied roles and good chance of advancement . Benefits are excellent with mortgage subsidies and bonus available etc

Hardest part of the job is the automation which has replaced staff which some customers struggle with.
Average company
BANKING HALL CO-ORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  South West5 December 2018
In the line of work I was in it was always understaffed. Often feel you cant give your best due to the workload. Meeting people and helping individuals was fantastic but often felt it was a pressurised environment to work in.
Fun environment to work in
Business Banking Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London22 November 2018
Business Banking for small clients. Providing lending assistance, annual reviews of facilities, client reviews, identifying areas of need and being first point of contact for clients.
Pros
ability to progress within the role
Customer Centric Workplace
Personal Mortgage Advisor (Current Employee) –  Kent20 November 2018
Really greatplace to work, the customer service and behaviours are very important and the culture reflected the values.

Happy to support training into new roles were encouraged and supported.
Good learning experience
Futures Margins Analyst (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester28 October 2018
Good people to work with and a great place to learn new skills. Work life balance is good, at times can be stressful however the training and information sharing is great.
Fun place to work.
Customer Service Officer (Current Employee) –  Loughborough, Leicestershire28 October 2018
Hard work, but a fun place to work. Colleagues are friendly. Management are approachable. It's great interacting with customers. You get to be yourself and not a script.
Pros
Uniform.
Cons
Working extra time daily for no pay!
Proud to have start my work life here
Business Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bristol27 October 2018
Busy and varied work environment. Great if interested in banking sector. Very supportive staff and management. Training was very good and enjoyed working with colleagues.
Very serious place to work
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Hereford24 October 2018
Enjoyed working for Natwest but didn't take the job very seriously at 16 and a bank is quite a serious place to work. I would consider a career in banking again if the opportunity arose.
Appalling area management
PB (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside17 October 2018
Avoid Liverpool area. Area manager has no regard for the staff. High levels of sickness due to stress. staff are expected to deal with the fallout of closing branches with NO SUPPORT. Never see the area manager! High attrician rates as new staff see what it's like and then walk! I would not reccomend.
Pros
Cons
Unpaid hours, stress at work