NatWest Employee Reviews

Aggressive Sales driven by bullying
Senior Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Bournemouth, Dorset14 September 2018
STAY AWAY
Forced to work more than your contracted hours
Staff AND customers treated appallingly
Aggressive sales due to under performing company
Unachievable targets ... physically impossible to achieve
High turnover of staff
If your face doesn’t fit beware
More branch closures due 2020
Low pay for all the responsibilities
Pros
Corporate benefits
Cons
Low staff morale due to job and culture
not the bank I expected to work in
Linkage Manager (Former Employee) –  London25 May 2018
unfortunately this bank has gone from really great to work, to one of the worst in the high streets. there is not leadership from LCEOS, just talk about mortgages and mortgages is key. work life balance doesn't exist and when there is shortage of staff customers really suffer. its a shame not branches are closing up and down the country also in key locations forcing customers to leave or travel. the CEO of RBS priorities are not truly focussed on the customers.
Pros
salary is good.
Cons
have to pay into your own pension, long hours, unhappy staff
good job with benefits
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Whitehaven, Cumbria8 December 2018
Many varied roles and good chance of advancement . Benefits are excellent with mortgage subsidies and bonus available etc

Hardest part of the job is the automation which has replaced staff which some customers struggle with.
Good working relationships
Protection Consultant (Former Employee) –  Stratford, Greater London3 June 2018
Typical days were usually varied and interesting. Working closely with colleagues from different business areas proved very informative and helped to develop other business opportunities. Management were usually very supportive however unfortunately they were often moved about frequently. Workplace culture was very positive as each member of staff was committed to achieving branch success. Staff movement could be frustrating as relationships changed and new ones had to be developed. The most enjoyable part of the job was the shared success that was achieved by working together towards the common goal.
Nat West Customer Service Officer
Customer Services Officer (Former Employee) –  Maidstone, Kent16 April 2018
I worked for Nat West for almost ten years. During this time i had many offers of promotion, which i didn't accept as i was extremely happy in the role of counter manager, then manager of Lenham Branch.
My time at Lenham was very special for me as i was front facing helping customers to get the best from their banking needs.
I became very fond of the diverse customer base, but i excelled in helping the elderly residents of the community as they are the most vulnerable needing extra help and empathy.
I was responsible for opening and closing the branch, balancing of tills and the safe and working under a strict code of confidentiality.
I worked well with the managers and area managers due to the mutual respect for one another. Good team work which is rewarded with the excellent benefits provided. When i started there was the free pension scheme which is sadly no longer available to employees.
Benefits
Cons
The downfall of Nat West
pleasant environment
Mortgage outbound advisor (Current Employee) –  birmingham26 June 2018
Its is very pleasant and great company to work for, the management is always willing to help, there is a lot of progress and career opportunities within the company.I have worked within the company since 2015 and I have always looked forward to my day to day duties.
Pros
envirnoment
Fun and something to look forward to
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Preston City Centre, Lancashire12 July 2018
As I was only there for a week due to work experience, I wasn't really given any extremely challenging tasks except organising a full room of files. This task took me approximately 8 hours most of which was part of one full day. In this week, I learnt that managing a bank is actually very difficult work as you have to serve many customers, make sure all your employees are there or on time, keep many files updated every day about certain customers and many more. Also, the culture of the workplace is diverse and this, in my opinion, is very good. I found all aspects of this job enjoyable.
Pros
Free lunches, Amazing employees
Cons
Angry customers
Fun place to work.
Customer Service Officer (Current Employee) –  Loughborough, Leicestershire28 October 2018
Hard work, but a fun place to work. Colleagues are friendly. Management are approachable. It's great interacting with customers. You get to be yourself and not a script.
Pros
Uniform.
Cons
Working extra time daily for no pay!
Good learning experience
Futures Margins Analyst (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester28 October 2018
Good people to work with and a great place to learn new skills. Work life balance is good, at times can be stressful however the training and information sharing is great.
Customer Centric Workplace
Personal Mortgage Advisor (Current Employee) –  Kent20 November 2018
Really greatplace to work, the customer service and behaviours are very important and the culture reflected the values.

Happy to support training into new roles were encouraged and supported.
Proud to have start my work life here
Business Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bristol27 October 2018
Busy and varied work environment. Great if interested in banking sector. Very supportive staff and management. Training was very good and enjoyed working with colleagues.
Very serious place to work
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Hereford24 October 2018
Enjoyed working for Natwest but didn't take the job very seriously at 16 and a bank is quite a serious place to work. I would consider a career in banking again if the opportunity arose.
Great company
Private Banking Manager (Current Employee) –  Southampton8 August 2018
10 years and I've learnt loads, management, coaching, presenting, working in a team working alone. My day is made of conducting 2 face to face customer reviews with my clients guiding them with their finances.
I have very high demanding customer which can be a little tough at times and the great thing about my job is m customers.
Structured company
Personal Business Banker (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside21 May 2018
Good work life balance. Good working hours. Targets set far too high. However fun and enjoyment in work. Benefits are really good and wages really good.
fun place to work
Business Specialist (Former Employee) –  London31 July 2018
over all a good company to work. would recommend it to anyone whose willing to make a career with them. good training and career progression available.
Fast pace of change
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London23 September 2018
Can be long days working within the branch network.
No two days are every the same.
Large part of the day is a customer facing role.
Being part of the local community.
Very strong leadership and regulated working enviroment.
Responsible for delivering monthly objectives.
You are able to grow and develop within the organisation.
Internal and external training is provided
Pros
Manage your own business
Cons
On call 24/7
Appalling area management
PB (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside17 October 2018
Avoid Liverpool area. Area manager has no regard for the staff. High levels of sickness due to stress. staff are expected to deal with the fallout of closing branches with NO SUPPORT. Never see the area manager! High attrician rates as new staff see what it's like and then walk! I would not reccomend.
Pros
Cons
Unpaid hours, stress at work
Learning experience
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oldham17 July 2018
I only spent a week here for work experience but I managed to learn from the reception, helpdesk and from key members of staff what working there would be like.
Pros
Local
Typical call centre
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Theale18 June 2018
long hours, little pay. Told job was all about customer service when in fact it was all about sales.
A good job for working mums who need to work unsocial hours or someone who wants to step into a first 'office' job.
productive and challenging
did my work experince placement there (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester28 July 2017
Typical day to day work productive
Learned to handle customers and support their needs
Found management well organised
Work place culture fab, everyone gets on.
Lots to take in therefore it is a skill to be able to multi-task as not all customers visit the bank for same purposes.
Enjoyable part of the job is knowing you have job that is rewarding, enjoyable, challenging but a career which only grows you.
Pros
knowledge built around the banking and fianances
Cons
sometimes can be very long hours if short staffed