NatWest Employee Reviews

Fun and something to look forward to
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Preston City Centre, Lancashire12 July 2018
As I was only there for a week due to work experience, I wasn't really given any extremely challenging tasks except organising a full room of files. This task took me approximately 8 hours most of which was part of one full day. In this week, I learnt that managing a bank is actually very difficult work as you have to serve many customers, make sure all your employees are there or on time, keep many files updated every day about certain customers and many more. Also, the culture of the workplace is diverse and this, in my opinion, is very good. I found all aspects of this job enjoyable.
Pros
Free lunches, Amazing employees
Cons
Angry customers
Okay
Associate personal banker (Former Employee) –  Falmouth30 June 2018
The job is okay, customers are lovely but co-workers not so much.

I just acted as the face of the company welcoming everyone. work and serving customers wished I wouldn't be looked down upon for being young.
pleasant environment
Mortgage outbound advisor (Current Employee) –  birmingham26 June 2018
Its is very pleasant and great company to work for, the management is always willing to help, there is a lot of progress and career opportunities within the company.I have worked within the company since 2015 and I have always looked forward to my day to day duties.
Pros
envirnoment
Focused Bank
Senior Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  norwich20 June 2018
Willing to invest in staff progression : Actively supports the business community : Peer to Peer support: Actively shares business knowledge and information to clients through face to face support and one to many events.
Typical call centre
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Theale18 June 2018
long hours, little pay. Told job was all about customer service when in fact it was all about sales.
A good job for working mums who need to work unsocial hours or someone who wants to step into a first 'office' job.
Lovely people
Bank Clerk (Former Employee) –  Walsall, West Midlands18 June 2018
I loved my time here. Management and staff were all brilliant!, cross trained on various departments. Good training and room to progress. Felt like family.
n/a
natwest (Current Employee) –  storr13 June 2018
it is difficult due to branch closures. short staffed always so never really get lunch breaks working long hours. poor atmosphere, but lovely customers to see
Productive place to wprk
Customer Service Officer/Service Co-Ordinator (Former Employee) –  Victoria, London, Greater London3 June 2018
Great place to get experience and I loved meeting customers and helping them out, The hardest part of my job was not being able to help some customers who really needed the help.
Good working relationships
Protection Consultant (Former Employee) –  Stratford, Greater London3 June 2018
Typical days were usually varied and interesting. Working closely with colleagues from different business areas proved very informative and helped to develop other business opportunities. Management were usually very supportive however unfortunately they were often moved about frequently. Workplace culture was very positive as each member of staff was committed to achieving branch success. Staff movement could be frustrating as relationships changed and new ones had to be developed. The most enjoyable part of the job was the shared success that was achieved by working together towards the common goal.
Work experience
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  London1 June 2018
I can't really say much about this company as I was only here for a weeks work experience. It would be unfair for me to judge a company in a short space of time.
Good
Cashier duties (Former Employee) –  Barrow-In-Furness, Cumbria27 May 2018
Although this was only a work placement I was given the opportunity to experience different aspects of the banking/finance business, I also gained experience of customer service.
not the bank I expected to work in
Linkage Manager (Former Employee) –  London25 May 2018
unfortunately this bank has gone from really great to work, to one of the worst in the high streets. there is not leadership from LCEOS, just talk about mortgages and mortgages is key. work life balance doesn't exist and when there is shortage of staff customers really suffer. its a shame not branches are closing up and down the country also in key locations forcing customers to leave or travel. the CEO of RBS priorities are not truly focussed on the customers.
Pros
salary is good.
Cons
have to pay into your own pension, long hours, unhappy staff
Structured company
Personal Business Banker (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside21 May 2018
Good work life balance. Good working hours. Targets set far too high. However fun and enjoyment in work. Benefits are really good and wages really good.
Most enjoyable job
Bank Clerk (Former Employee) –  Leicester City Centre, Leicestershire17 May 2018
9 To 5 processing cheques and credits working on tills and in the counting house making up wages for larger companies
All aspects of banking
Excellent management
No hard part
Meeting and helping people
Pros
Great staff
Great experience
Customer Advisor (Former Employee) –  South East15 May 2018
Come in and complete financial reviews for NatWest clients, up-selling products when needed. And ensuring full compliance.

How to sell face to face and over the phone. Coaching and encouraging staff on how to up-sell certain products and learning about the products in general.

Supportive

Sadly it ended on a low, with the financial crisis and redundancies morale in the workplace was difficult.

The low morale

Saving people money!
14 years
Private Banking Manager (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow14 May 2018
Worked for this company for 14 years. Only leaving due to redundancy.

Look after portfolio of high net worth clients. I simply help people.

Flexible environment.
Striving to do the best for Customers
Assistant Manager and Clerical roles (Former Employee) –  London9 May 2018
Challenging but rewarding place to work with excellent work life balance options.

This department is a conscientious advocate for well being and inclusive.
Flexible Employment opportunities
File Review Manager (Current Employee) –  Telford, Shropshire3 May 2018
A fair place to work with a growing appreciation of putting the customer first. There is also a good work/life balance with a focus on looking after the staff. They also try to accommodate a flexible working pattern wherever possible.
Pros
Flexible working
Cons
Development opportunities
Not invested in their employees
Banking manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London27 April 2018
I worked for this company for 10 years and my whole dept was made redundant.

Upper management are nothing but glorified sales consultants with zero leadership or management skills.

They use scaremongering tactics to push staff to meet 'sale targets' and come in even when sick.

Not a transparent company at all to work for.
Pros
Cons
Rubbish management and leadership
Good
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Dundee City26 April 2018
Perfectly good. No complaints. Worked there a long time good manager. Not much more to say as it was a long time ago. Lunch break uNiform included. Good holidays