Natures Way Foods Ltd Employee Reviews

Avoid, even if desperate
Category Manager (Former Employee) –  Chichester, West Sussex15 May 2019
Workplace bullying is rife within the commercial sector of the business, especially the marketing function.

A steady strategy and direction within marketing is lacking.

The expectation is to work all hours of the day and night, as this is what the leadership team do.

All round unpleasant culture with few benefits.

The office is stuck in the middle of nowhere, the local traffic is appalling. Avoid!!!
Pros
The offices are fairly new
Cons
Long hours, stressful environment, poor business culture with bullying at the very centre, average pay, few benefits
A lot of time off due to Panama shift pattern
Logistics operations management (Current Employee) –  Selsey, West Sussex3 March 2019
Although you have 12h shifts days and nights it is a good thing as you are able to have a second job in your days off plus almost 2 months of holiday.
Pros
a lot of time off
Cons
small salary
Rubbish place to work
Logistics Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chichester, West Sussex28 February 2019
Wages were rubbish for the hours you worked ,full of eastern european,s glad to get out of there ,canteen was a joke with there prices, way to cold ,use as a last resort only,
Pros
Thre three half hour breaks
Ex employee
blabla (Former Employee) –  doesn'tmatter27 February 2019
I used to work as production operative in one of NWF sites. Working place is awful. It's really cold,it's not 2 or 8 degrees as they saying it's -10 in every place or even more (in CAT1 it's even colder). You can't be sick or something bad can't happen to you if you're production operative (have a contract) because you can't have a day off. Even if you have a lot of holidays days,most of the time you can't use them. Lots of people don't talk in English and most of the time they don't even trying to understand verbal language. Everyday they will push you till your limits. Don't get me even started on Health&Safety:D
Pros
wages (because we need some money)
Cons
Cold
Lovely
Logistics operator (Former Employee) –  Selsey11 February 2019
Good place to work but i had to relocate closer to home.
Good team leaders , section managers , understanding our problems , Heavy Lifting and lots of miles to walk :)
Pros
good extra shifts
Cons
low temperature work
super fun
Hygiene Operative (Former Employee) –  Chichester, West Sussex15 November 2018
brilliant place to work ,good experience chance to develop .day and night shifts just a bit cold overall good place to work. very good location if you live in bognor or chichester.
Excellent stepping stone from leaving the Royal Navy
Multi-Skilled Shift Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chichester, West Sussex13 July 2018
Involved in lots of line installs, breakdowns, reactive maintenance, preventative maintenance.
Maintaining the whole site liaising with contractors.
Transferred a lot of my skills learnt from my Navy time to for fill this role
Pros
Cons
Shift pattern
Productive and great place for work
Hygiene Operative (Former Employee) –  Merston, West Sussex10 June 2018
The patern shift it is very comfortable especially for familys weth yang kids. Twelve hours shifts with four different shifts , working 7 days following by 7 nights
Fast paced, exciting company to work for
LOGISTICS SILVER OPERATIVE, (Current Employee) –  Chichester16 May 2018
Natures Way Foods has grown and continues to grow exponentially - the roles are varied and there are many opportunities to further your career in almost any capacity.
Employees work a set shift pattern on a four weekly basis - two weeks of 12 hour day shifts and two weeks of 12 hour night shifts, meaning you always know upfront when you will be working and there is a fantastic work/life balance.
A typical day involves stock checking, loading and unloading lorries, planning shipments, picking products and building pallets for different companies and depots and using complex operating systems and warehouse equipment such as EPTs which I have just been granted a license for.
Training and job perks are excellent and we receive a target based annual bonus.
Pros
Great work/life balance, fantastic team work ethos, good salary, training, career security, bonus
Cons
Long shifts, physically strenuous work, can be stressful at times
hygiene operative silver
Hygiene Operative (Current Employee) –  Merston, West Sussex17 April 2018
-all the time we have training about how we must working in safety
-it is good for frist job because you will have that benefi training for all,so you can learn the job who liked like me ..
work in team,but some people doesn t comunicate
from my opinion after 2 mounths ...is greait people there ,i have more firends
-in 12 h i have breack after2.30h worked ...30 min breack ..3 breack
-for hygiene i consider the salary is liltle working with dangeros chimical
Pros
nothing
Cons
12 working, after every 2 30 worked breack 30
Worst place I've ever worked
Recruitment Officer (Former Employee) –  Selsey, West Sussex20 March 2018
Honestly the worst place I have ever worked. Staff are let go at a drop of a hat in order to hit targets. Staff retention is awful. Management and particularly HR are very unprofessional.
Hard job
General Worker (Former Employee) –  Chichester11 December 2017
It's a very hard job to do on Chichester warehouse. It's very, very cold at job, you need to use wellingtons witch doesn't suit you ( they are too big or too small), you don't have you're own wellingtons you need to use it after everybody- it's really disgusting. The supervisors are unpleasant to people.
cold
PRODUCTION WORKER (Former Employee) –  Sussex31 October 2017
the was very cold place. vet everywhere, dirty.... our job was to cut the fruits, and then packaging them, the best role was in packaging team, the was warm and busy, but funy
Friendly work place
Team Operator, Silver (Current Employee) –  West Sussex30 October 2017
He works in the NWF for 1.5 years. I was promoted during this period. I learned a lot about food, safety of production. Multilingual staff is the ability to improve communication, to teach the language. I got to know the factory software and its service. I was dealing with a few managers, some of them unfortunately should not play this role.
Pros
Many Off days
Cons
Long hours, night shifts
productive
Food Production Operative (Current Employee) –  Bognor Regis19 October 2017
everithing is to be fast and to finish your job at time and , i lean a loot of things about food quality and how to be the best , typical day you start in the moning at 6:00 and you need to make a loot of mixes
Cons
long hour, to cold
Not the best place to work
Agency Worker (Current Employee) –  Runcton, West Sussex2 October 2017
There are a lot of different people. Some of them are really rude, others are really helpful. Working as agency, it’s really hard,because salary is not always the same. You can even get a message that you are off that day. Or don’t get it and travel to work and see that you are crossed out of the list.
12 hours shifts are exhausting. Especially on the night ones.
It’s hard to have a personal life when you work here.
Pros
Nice canteen, way to know more about production
Cons
Cold place, 12 hours shifts
Official response from Natures Way Foods Ltd
11 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review Natures Way Foods. We look at each review and want to understand what we do well and areas where we can improve. We welcome the opportunity to talk with you directly so NWF can be a Brilliant Place to Work.

Good Workplace
Product Operator (Former Employee) –  Selsey18 September 2017
This factory is full of possibilities.It is very good for first job, after you can make a decision to continue or leave.Not really good for girls, because very very cold inside.
Pros
breaks and day offs
Cons
very cold
Enjoyable place to work
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Chichester, U.K16 September 2017
*Picking, loading and unloading of goods, whilst complying with relevant Health & Safety requirements.
*Stock rotation.
*Cleansing of the Warehouse and Warehouse equipment.
Pros
Days of during the week
Cons
Good workplace for the beginning
Team Operator (Current Employee) –  Selsey, West Sussex21 August 2017
Perfect work to begin but this work not for whole life.Very heavy and very cold everywhere. For men could be good, but for girls not really. Everywhere is very cold so for health very bad.
Pros
Only 14 workday in a month
Official response from Natures Way Foods Ltd
11 October 2017

Hygiene Section Manager/Hygiene Op/Technical Op (Former Employee) –  Chichester12 July 2017
A great team, understanding managers, and a culture of honesty and openness really propel this company to being the most understanding and compassionate companies I've had the pleasure of working for.

The progression opportunities are widespread, and there is plenty of support and guidance there for all employees. The teams are hard working and dilligent, and the HR and Occ Health departments are all very understanding and helpful.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Natures Way Foods Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.

Natures Way Foods Ltd Reviews by Location