NATS Employee Reviews

Featured review
NATS selected this as a representative review
Loved every minute, shame it had to end for me
Trainee Air Traffic Controller (Former Employee) –  Whiteley, Hampshire26 August 2018
Staff are amazing, spirit within the group is excellent, wish I could have spent more time in this organisation! The training is exceptionally well-run and the staff were always ready to help if you didn't understand anything.
Pros
State of the art facilities, supportive staff, very interesting job.
Cons
Time away from family while training
Amazing Job and Training - Terrible Business side
Air Traffic Controller (Former Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire1 April 2019
The job itself and the training department are wonderful and should be commended.
In complete contrast the business side of the company are much removed from the training division and are heartless with no care for each individual often not in communication with the training division.

I would recommend Nats to anyone but it will always come with the caveat that ive been told by multiple colleagues and ex-colleagues to be extra-careful because the business side of the company have no compassion.
Pros
The Training, Job, Hours, Benefits, Wage
Cons
Heartless Hierarchy on Business side
Awesome
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Whiteley5 January 2019
For me this was only work experience, however, what an amazing experience it was! Everyone i worked with in my department was tentative and very helpful, and ready to answer any questions you might have had! The working times were very flexible and the hour lunch break was appealing, with a range of variety when it came to food, location to eat and facilities to use.
Not good
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London14 December 2018
Did not like a to far from home so I look for chagen in work so came home and know looking for any job that will suit my family life so feel free to ask any ??
Pros
Pay your lunches
Cons
12 hours
Incredible business with great opportunities
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Swanwick19 March 2018
Incredible business with great opportunities. The facilities are brilliant and all work is completed to high standards, so if you like a job done right and managed correctly, this is the place.
Pros
Very safe with good jobs and facilities
Cons
Very high security
Ridiculous
Trainee AirTrafic Controller (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, Hampshire7 March 2018
Company completely unreliable, doesn't won't to take responsibility for their actions, Can cancel appointment from one day to another knowing that somebody booked the airplane tickets and hotel which cost approx. 250 pounds, they do not feel like they are responsible for my loss of income and time. they promising high wages after training but can not provide accommodation and travel expenses.
Pros
Cons
only cons
Excellent work facilities
Head of Training and Development (Former Employee) –  Heathrow10 January 2018
Good managerial ethics. Excellent appraisal policy great pension package. Would recommend anyone thinking of working with them and promotion prospects are always on offer.
A great employer
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Whiteley, Hampshire19 July 2017
I very much enjoyed my time working at NATS. Air traffic control is a really interesting area of work, with many opportunities to develop technical and managerial skills.
Productive, stable job
Front of House Staff (Current Employee) –  Fareham, Hampshire24 April 2017
Although this is a great place to work, I am relocating to Fleet and I can no longer work here at this time. The job can be tough but I will always give 100% where ever I work. NATS has been kind to me and I wish them all the best.
Great place to work if you can keep the job
Trainee Air Traffic Controller (Former Employee) –  Whiteley, Hampshire16 January 2017
Whilst the job itself and the challenge it presents are great the lack of job security can make it a bit of a gamble applying to NATS. The difficulty of keeping up with the learning curve and the ruthlessness which those that can't keep up are treated means that you must always ensure that you have a contingency plan in place before relocating yourself down here and putting all your eggs in one basket.
Great Company, moving fast.
Health and Safety Business Partner (Current Employee) –  Fareham6 September 2016
NATS is more than just Aircraft.

Typical day can be anything from hosting a meeting to climbing a 50 meter tower on top of a mountain. The operation never stops and safety is paramount.

I have learnt so much from this company during my many roles in the organisation, they have ensured I have the right training all the way through each change. Working with such intelligent and challenging professionals ensures you keep you skills sharp on a day-to-day basis. The most enjoyable part of my job is being part of the team who interview the new Trainee Air Traffic Controllers, I have learnt some really useful skills which are easily transferrable to my business partner role.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
You need to be flexible
Productive and Flexible but office lack character
Research Analyst -Airport Consultancy (Former Employee) –  Fareham5 July 2016
Start about 7am
Working on project so quick update to the project manager and estimating time and reviewing if the deadline date would be achieved.

Worked on projects which required min management experience but also would be assigned to help other as I had SQL skills that most of the team did not possess.

Only thing was at lunch - walked the dog (although if needs must I used a dog sitter)

What I learned
I now know the terminology of arrivals and department of an aircraft so do not sit beside me on a plane.

The13 scenarios of weather that effect an aircraft arrival at Heathrow

I also learned all aircraft companies call signs

Hardest part of the job was communications not much verbal discussions even though you were 2 desks away.

Co-workers - permanent staff were very hard to interact with but other contractors were great (made a new good friend)

Most enjoyable of they was plenty of jam doughnuts but on a serious note was when you management signed off the analysis you were working on

Also enjoyable having a lunch where I could think whilst I walked the dog) on issues I came across in the morning and ways to improve or come up with a way round a problem

Whilst a Lloyds Banking Group I went running round the docks in Bristol
Pros
10mins walk from house
Cons
Contract so no holiday pay or bank holidays etc
Excellent employer
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Southampton11 May 2016
Excellent place to work. Great projects embarked on by the organisation providing chances to employees to learn and grow.
Pros
Multiple discipline projects
porductive
Food services assistant (Former Employee) –  Sopwith Way Swanwick Southampton SO31 7AY17 January 2015
An essential part of my work within this job role was in the pot wash area, ensuring that all pots and plates where clean and ready to be used and that the wash machine was cleaned out and ready for the next day this required me to have a range of skills such as:

Organization – as a part of this role ensuring that my task where completed in the most efficient and effective way possible meant having to organize myself and the routine in which I followed to do this job.

Time keeping- ensuring that the pots where clean on time do be used was another skill required within the job.

Communication - ensuring to communicate with customers in the in a help full and well mannered way whilst collecting plates and glasses was also an important skill needed in order to do the job.

Presentation – presenting myself as not just approachable but welcoming through smiling, having the right posture and being well dressed was also one of the many skills needed to do this job.

Flexibility – as well as keeping track of the pot wash the job also required flexibility as I also helped in the kitchen by taking out bins and helping cleaning up.

As well as this in my time spent in this job I managed to also complete a health and safety course that allowed me to gain a lot of knowledge on the matter of health and safety.
Pros
free lunches
Mature operations, immature business
Account Director (Current Employee) –  London, ENG30 March 2014
Quasi-governmental entity struggles with business growth and top heavy management. Safety and QA are paramount and gold standard of the industry. Impressive workforce engagement for services company.
Pros
benefits and work-life balance
Cons
growth prospects and commercial culture
Enjoyable
M&E Project Support Engineer (NERL) (Current Employee) –  Southampton8 March 2014
NATS has a great reputation with-in the aviation & flight management industry, support is always given at all levels which makes for a good working environment. I have gained invaluable knowledge of the full project life cycle and processes used to deliver successfully.
Pros
professional friendly atmosphere
Cons
Working away from home
Fantastic Employer
Estates Administrator (Former Employee) –  Whiteley15 February 2014
Worked for NATS for 23 years, great company to work for, would never have left but the redundancy payment was too good to refuse.

If you get the chance to work there, do not hesitate you will love it.
Pros
Brilliant restaurant
Cons
cant think of any
Great team, evolving
PA to Head of Environment & Community Affairs (Former Employee) –  Whiteley, ENG16 January 2014
I worked as a PA and helped my Head of Department to set up the team.
My co-workers were good fun, hard working and interesting.
I enjoyed feeling that I was providing the best 1:1 service to my boss as well as then working with the team.
Pros
Working for an important and worthwhile department.
Cons
Workload was high.