Nationwide Crash Repair Centres Ltd

Nationwide Crash Repair Centres Ltd Employee Reviews

United Kingdom148 reviews
Under paid and long hours
When working for nationwide, I felt I worked long hours and for a below average salary. As a mobile technician I'd be travelling all over, not just around Manchester where I was based. Making it difficult to meet targets and therefore harder to make bonuses, not what I was lead to believe in the interview. I was told I'd be working in a 30 mile radius from home, yet I worked in Leeds, Bradford, Halifax, Northwich, Crewe, Liverpool even Wales just to mention a few. Making the days 12hrs long most of the time.
Very poor head office
I was contacted by nationwide Cheltenham in November asking me to join the team excellent staff loved going to work became a part of a great team ! 4 months later no job not renewing the lease site not making money after hitting every target set very poor upper management company Do not care treated very bad
Whole experience
Totally loved my job, met lovely people through out my time with company & we had a great team spirit but unfortunately management & wages were just an absolute joke I was practically running the front desk on my own which was a very busy environment!!!! Full of promises and nothing materialised. Big Big shame.......
Site manager doncaster
Started has site manager in April 2019 no training on any systems could not recruit staff operations manager the most arrogant person I have ever known worse experience I have ever had in the motor trade no support from anyone DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY
23 March 2020
I am so sorry to hear you feel like this. The Managers at Nationwide do have a very challenging but rewarding role, however they are only human and don't get it right every time. We have developed lots of coaching workshops to ensure our managers receive all the training and coaching they need to excel in their role. This is work in progress so your comments are great feedback for us.
Productive and Stressful
The jobs are always rushed, can never get a good job out the door because there is not enough time on the jobs to take your time and get them right. Then when the job is wrong and you explain why they ignore what you say and just blaim it all on you.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Rushed
6 March 2020
Thank you for your feedback. Nationwide endeavour to ensure we do a great job for our customers and that means we need to invest in you too. If this is happening please speak to your manager to ensure the issue is resolved. Please also feel free to contact me direct if you still feel this has not been resolved.
Poor
Constantly getting stood on, no benefits, nationwide only care for them selves, work flow is up and down, almost impossible to earn bonus. Times are rubbish.
17 February 2020
Hi, I am so disappointed that you feel this way. Nationwide offer amazing colleague benefits, including Nationwide Rewards, Mobile Phone discounts, Life Assurance and much much more. We are also improving on this on a continuous basis. If you feel there is not enough work coming in please have a chat with your manager who may easily be able to solve this issue, alternatively please get in touch with me directly on an anonymous basis.
nice job
enjoy working here a nice team and nice people you meet job entails collecting customers vehicle doing a detailed assessment and loading it onto recovery truck.
29 January 2020
Hi, thank you so much for your feedback I am pleased you are settling into your role. People are so lovely here at Nationwide, it's one of the reasons I love about working here too.
Do not work here!
This company is awful to work for. The management treat you like dirt. Staff turnaround is like a revolving door which says it all. You are expected to answer call after call with no time to make notes. You are made to take abuse. The manager sits on her backside all day ripping staff to pieces and has her little favourites who she lets get away with murder. Awful atmosphere.
A nice family feel
The team is really supportive and hard working. There is a family feel to the business and everyone is very friendly and happy to help where needed. They live up to their value of continuous improvement, therefore it is a face paced and changing environment.

+ Nice clean office and Kitchen.

+ Training Opportunities

- Sometimes hard to get parking as its a Training Centre with lots of visitors
24 January 2020
Thank you so much for the 4 star rating. Its great to know that all the hard work we doing to improve our colleague experience is paying off.
Bad upper management hr and directors
Worked at this company for over 30 years so believe me I no everything about them . Never had a pay rise in 15 years moved around to make failed body shops in to good ones . You are never a loud to reward your staff because all they care about is profit not the people who make the profit. Once they had taken the best out of me and found out I was now deemed disabled due to my long hours and hard work of 30 year they made life hard and pushed me out the door
24 January 2020
I am so sorry to hear you feel like this and have had this experience. The Senior Management Team at Nationwide do have a very challenging but rewarding role, however they are only human and don't get it right every time. Nationwide obviously thought you were an excellent team player otherwise you would not have had the opportunity and success in turning our sites into great ones. It's such a shame that you have left us on a low. If you would like to discuss further with me I would love to hear your story so we can ensure this doesn't happen to anyone else.
Hi energy and fun
Working hard is rewarded, career advancement available if you have the desire and right approach - As with all things you get out what you put in

Being open and honest was the best approach which if delivered the right way always resulted in the desired result for all concerned
3 January 2020
Thank you so much for the 5 star rating!
Thanks so much for the positive feedback. Nationwide are constantly evolving to ensure we delight both our colleagues and our customers so your feedback is very welcome and appreciated.
nationwide
loved working there loved the people i worked with. Management could do with listening to customer service advisors with how to make things more productive but they just after the figures
23 December 2019
Thank you so much for the 5 star rating!
Thanks so much for the positive feedback. It's also great to know that you had a good supportive team and enjoyed your role. Nationwide are constantly looking for ways to ensure our customers are happy so your feedback is very welcome.
Lousy company to work for
I had the misfortune to work as a Driver at the Huddersfield branch a while ago and found the manager Robert to be unapproachable and arrogant in that he knew best when the way the branch was being run it was obvious he did not. The only saving was a good Garage Repair Manager and good reception staff.
On a zero-hour contract and this branch is always advertising for drivers, I wonder why?
Pros
Cons
Bad management
23 December 2019
I am so sorry to hear about your experience. The Managers at Nationwide do have a very challenging but rewarding role, however they are only human and don't get it right every time. We are have developed lots of development workshops to ensure our managers receive all the training and coaching they need to excel in their role. This is work in progress so your comments are great feedback for us.
Great company
I’ve always enjoyed working with nationwide. They keep you informed on the company’s goings on so you never feel left in the dark. There’s always plenty of work so bonus is easily achieved and every site that I’ve worked at has always had a relaxed and friendly attitude (you look after them, and they’ll look after you!)
18 December 2019
Thank you so much for the 4 star rating!
Thanks so much for the positive feedback. It's great to know that you enjoyed your role and earned lots of bonus. Nationwide are constantly looking for ways to ensure our people are happy working for us including looking at working hours to promote a better work/life balance. Its great to know the hard work is paying off.
Great Place to work if you have a positive attitude
Nationwide have grown significantly over the last few years and have not always got things right. However there is a desire amongst the Leadership Team to make the organisation successful in terms of profit, customer satisfaction and making it a great place to work for colleagues.
There are lots on new initiatives in place such as leadership training and development, technical training, new starter induction programs and investments in apprentices. Nationwide are also constantly looking at employee welfare, salaries, rewards and benefits as well as work/life balance and well being initiatives.

It is a fast paced environment so you have to be energised and positive but it's a great place to work and progress your career
18 December 2019
Thank you so much for the 5 star rating!
Thanks so much for the positive feedback. It's brilliant to know that you recognise and appreciate all the work that Nationwide are doing to make it GREAT for customers and colleagues. We are absolutely committed to continuously improving our business and it's great to know what we are doing is working.
Wouldnt recommend my worst enemy to work here
No idea how the site is still open, management could be replaced by monkeys, they couldnt care less about what goes on in the workshop, all about quantity.
14 December 2019
I am so sorry to hear about your experience. The People Team are working on lots of training and development workshops to ensure managers and other new starters are inducted into the company properly as well as offering training and development for our existing colleagues. This is work in progress so your comments are great feedback for us.
My worst experience in 53 years
Management found out I was disabled after retifing the 4 previous staff mistakes, they were really pleased until 2 weeks ago when they found out I was disabled. I was sacked.
The place was a shark tank, I was on tablets after a few weeks for stress.. Lack of support and worse than poor management
14 December 2019
I am so sorry to hear about your experience and I can assure you Nationwide would NEVER release anyone because of a disability. Nationwide are always interested in the health and well being of our colleagues, which is why we offer stress management support through our Employee Assistance Program.
I hope you get well soon.
No respect for people
They are focus only on insurance contract, not investing in people, lack of trust; the managers ( including R.M. ) have fals impresion everyboby is lying.
Time on the job cards is rubish, so no bonus most of the time.
14 December 2019
I am so sorry to hear about your experience. Nationwide are committed to Colleagues, customers and suppliers. There are lots of new and exciting initiatives in place to continually improve our processes to ensure a fantastic colleague experience across all of our branches, including bonus initiatives. The People Team are also working on lots of training and development workshops to ensure new starters are inducted into the company properly as well as offering training and development for our existing colleagues. This is work in progress so your comments are great feedback for us.
Poor upper management
Poor upper management has a knock on affect the body shop manager is not allowed to run the place as he wants resulting in 3 managers in less than a year,poor repair times unrealistic bonus meaning the times on the job aren’t realistic enough to even achieve bonus start finish times are good but the day drags,the work I so inconsistent One minute your flat out the next dead,favourites within the workshop allowed to get away with horrendous work and terrible attitude wouldn’t recommend
14 December 2019
I am so sorry to hear about your experience. There are lots of new and exciting initiatives in place to continually improve our processes and distribution of work. The People Team are also working on lots of training and development workshops for our management team to ensure great leadership throughout the company. This is work in progress so your comments are great feedback for us.
Great Company To Work For
I have worked at Nationwide for the past two and a half years and have thoroughly enjoyed every second.
I am involved in projects from conception to completion and always find people to be fair and want what's best for the company rather than individual goals.

I would have no hesitation in recommending Nationwide as an employer
14 December 2019
Thank you so much for your feedback . I am pleased that you are happy at Nationwide, like so many other people working here. Your feedback means a lot to us and keep up the great work.
Poor Management
Profit is priority, site managers don't stay long, sites close quite regular to protect profit, Nationwide name belongs to 50 or so divisions of the company so you don't belong to anything significant.
14 December 2019
I am so sorry to hear about your experience. There are lots of new and exciting initiatives in place to continually improve our processes to ensure a fantastic colleague and customer experience across all of our branches. The People Team are also working on lots of training and development workshops to ensure new starters are inducted into the company properly as well as offering training and development for our existing colleagues. This is work in progress so your comments are great feedback for us. If you would like to contact me directly I can certainly investigate some of your concerns.
Shirley Young
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nationwide Crash Repair Centres Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8