Nationwide Crash Repair Centres Ltd Employee Reviews

Nationwide the truth
Fixer (Current Employee) –  Uk22 January 2019
Nationwide are a market leader theoretically, some areas of the business are good with great people. Unfortunately there is a very ruthless side to the business which is driven by board members. A great work environment is portrayed and the reality is that all staff are just a number even non executive directors and accountants.
When initiatives need to be implemented such as flex working or bonuses and employment contracts are changed, they are done so under the terms of sign up or lose your job as someone else will take your place.
Staff are fundemental to a business, treat them with respect and pay fairly, you’ll be amazed how much better you will do, I could go on for hours but this is a start.
Pros
Some staff
Cons
Head office dictato
ok
recovery driver (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, Hampshire2 January 2019
ok place to work hours were ok. some employees were ok to work with some not so. enjoyed my driving job and challenges of the day. Going all over place to collect/deliver customer cars
Do not work for this company
worker (Former Employee) –  Southeast London, Greater London5 December 2018
This company says it is changing and values it’s staff, IT DOES NOT..
The underlying culture is the same as it’s always been, middle and senior management doing what’s best for them which isn’t always for the good of the sites and staff.
They will promise everything to get you to work for them, but never deliver. Still a bullying culture.
Pros
It’s a job if you need one
Cons
Bullying so called middle management
Consently busy
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London7 November 2018
This is a very busy job role, as long as you are happy to work long hours you will be ok.
There is very little work life balance but the management are approachable should you need time off
Pros
Everyday is fun & we laugh alot
Cons
Long hours, sometimes little support
Shocking management, promises never met
Panel Beater (Former Employee) –  Crewe, Cheshire1 October 2018
I spent 12 months at nationwide in Crewe, was offered the world on arrival as i was intending on earning good money with it being a bonus shop but soon came to realise that you had to be a "favourite" to earn bonus, i was offered a new job with a higher wage and was tempted to take them up on the offer untill nationwide offered to match the money so i decided to stay and stick with the devil i knew, a week later the branch manager told me they could no longer match the money i was offered after turning down the job I was offered , basically stiching me up royally! The workshop had no intention of handing out work that could earn anyone bonus other than his so called "friends", tools are out dated, scruffy environment, no one is happy except fot the guys in shirts, great bunch of lads in the workshop which unforunetly get took for a daily ride. My advice would be not work there. Do not get sucked in by their false promises!
Pros
Good workshop team/ home time
Cons
management
Hard work long hours poor conditions.
Car Paint Sprayer (Current Employee) –  Benfleet1 October 2018
Long hard hours.
Have to earn high bonus hours to earn good money, each department is run differently including wage structure so nationwide one team it is not,management is poorly run making everything chaos at times due to poor communication, one of the worst things is nobody is allowed any time off in December, it was once a good place to work but not so much anymore.The spray ovens are more than 40 years old the newest 20, management don,t care about the staff just a take it or leave it attitude,and they lie about the salary to get people in then it is to late.
Pros
Cons
Long hours poor conditions
Nationwide employee current
Paint technician (Current Employee) –  Benfleet, Essex1 October 2018
You will never earn anywhere near £51,000 more like £30,000 and what you have to do to earn that is 90hour weeks.

They lie to you to get you in the door then when people see what we have to do to earn our money people call us mad and walk out by 10 oclock!

Do not trust what they say!
Pros
Cons
Have to work two weeks in one
fast pace work place
Technician tests (Former Employee) –  Yorkshire30 September 2018
i enjoyed working for this company.i was given lots of training and advise to carry out the repairs to the highest of standards.i got to carry out lots of roles.
Pros
team
Cons
no room for improvement
Awful company to work for
Driver/Valeter (Former Employee) –  Wokingham, Berkshire13 August 2018
I was a Driver at the Wokingham Branch on a 10hr a day and min wage contract.
Working conditions are awful without the proper tools for the job.
You are expected to work on a frequent basis over your 10hrs most of the time without a lunchbreak.
The work rate is relentless and if you are delayed in traffic there on the phone chasing you.
The management at Wokingham do not care about the drivers all they care about is targets.
In all my 35 year driving experience I have never worked for such a awful company only lasted for 6 weeks!!!
Pros
nothing
Cons
long hours awful pay poor working conditions very unfriendly place to work
Company does not care about the staff
Finance (Former Employee) –  Bristol23 July 2018
Worked for NCRC in Finance for over a year, you are treated as just a number and easily replaceable. Even if that is the case they shouldn’t make you feel that way. The staff in the Finance office are lovely and friendly which I believe is the main reason people stay! The pay is rubbish and it is one of the most Scroogy companies I have ever worked for. If it wasn’t for the lovely team leaders and FC then more staff would definately leave. I’m not surprised the staff turnover is so high not that the company cares. A good first job if you are beginning in Finance just to get experience but nothing more.
Pros
Lovely staff
Cons
Majority of higher management poor

Want to know more about Nationwide Crash Repair Centres Ltd?

Ask a question
Upper Management Awful
Administrator (Former Employee) –  UK13 July 2018
The main staff within the branches are great however upper Management within this company are awful. You are just a number and totally replaceable.
The pressure put on branch staff is horrendeous, Upper Management expect to take, take, take from their staff without ever giving back. They are one of the worst payers in the industry but are actually deluded enough to think they are one of the best.
Promises of courses/advancement are rubbish.
One Nationwide - One Team is the biggest joke of all, it's every branch for themselves.
I honestly would not go back to work for this company ever!
Pros
The Front Line Staff
Cons
Rubbish pay & conditions. No opportunities.
Restructure
Vehicle Damage Assessor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, South Lanarkshire11 June 2018
This company needs a massive overhaul of the wage structure throughout the uk. Everyone should be working for the same targets.
Job security would be good if it was sorted out
Pros
Holidays and benefits
Cons
Not equal pay throughout the different branches, Long hours, High turn over of staff
Career progrrssion what a joke
Driver (Former Employee) –  Bristol27 April 2018
Having spent 14 months working for nation wide as a driver I can tell you that there is no progression unless you pay for training yourself and do the training during your own time. I asked on several occasions about training so as I could drive larger vehicles and the answer was always the same "NO"
PLUS you never get paid your over time correctly and it's a take take take culture. There's no scratch my back I scratch yours.
Pros
The other staff not management are a laugh
Cons
Managament. hours. Work life balance
Interview
Estimator (Former Employee) –  Stockport, Greater Manchester12 April 2018
Went to Stockport branch. Did half day as agreed, estimating.
Did a number of estimates for free as part of interview.
Heard nothing for a few days, I rang and left a msg with the body shop manager to see where my interview review was up to. No answer left msg, a few days later I tried again after hearing nothing. Again left a msg asking for feed back on where my weak points could be improved as I'd obviously not been successful, not that I'd been made aware of this. After a few weeks no return call or feed back from half day spent estimating. This company couldn't be bothered to inform me of not being successful or provide feed back after numerous calls and msgs asking for this.
Very unprofessional and poor.
Avoid this place. Go for a professional place of work.
Pros
Cons
Everything about Nationwide Stockport.
Improving culture
Manager (Current Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands6 April 2018
Nationwide is changing and is becoming a better place to work. I have been here for 3 1/2 years and the changes are starting to show.

Pay rates have increased and the environment is much better with an emphasis on teamwork being the key.

Nationwide has had massive expansion over the last few years and it has taken a little while to adjust to the new scale of the business. However it is now feeling like a market leading company.

There are plenty of opportunities to progress for people with the right attitude and I have progressed during my time with the company.

I would recommend Nationwide as a good place to work NOW despite its reputation over recent years.
Pros
Lots of oppurtunities
Cons
Reputation
Pay is good but nothing else is.
Vehicle Damage Assessor (Former Employee) –  Mansfield4 April 2018
I found Nationwide to treat staff as mere numbers and have little regard or consultation for staff well being.
The quality of the work is horrific as the only thing that matters is profit... On the plus but the only plus, the pay was at the time great.
Management seemed clueless and were replaced more often than football managers leaving the poor souls with little authority.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
Only become a driver if you like being a doormat.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Fareham, Hampshire21 March 2018
Had the unfortunate experience of being a driver at Fareham, if you don't mind 4pm lunch breaks (if you're lucky) and being told you don't have time for a coffee between jobs (usually as someone is making one for themselves) then it's perfect for you. Expectations of what you can reasonably achieve in a day are set ridiculously high and you're expected to work over your contract hours if need be, with no backup as everyone else leaves on time. you could be broken down miles away and no one would be available to help. Management ignore you, overtime is just basic minimum wage, and if you have family and social commitments after work they just don't care. Basically you are bottom of the pile and everything is dumped on you if it goes wrong. The website will tell you all about the benefits of working for them but none are actually offered or mentioned to you. Do something else for someone else please!
Pros
You occasionally drive something nice.
Cons
As mentioned in review
Friendly staff horrendous management
Panel beater (Former Employee) –  Scotland11 March 2018
Management constantly put you down and they have no care for their staff.they have a high turn around of staff and are now struggling to get people but still mistreating their staff. Personally I’d stay away not that you wouldn’t when they tell you the salary you’d be on which is lower than you’d get working in a supermarket stocking shelves
Pros
Friendly workforce that help you and have a laugh
Cons
Poor wage, poor management, will get depressed
aweful
Paint Sprayer (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands3 March 2018
worst place ive ever set foot in, wouldn't wish this place on my worst enemy, avoid at all cost....
management useless and the staff are vile and cause a lot of problems
Na (Current Employee) –  Glasgow,25 February 2018
After ncrc took over our long established company I had my doubts but to their credit they are investing in staff and tools etc. Great team of people and the day is really quick due to the fast paced environment. Pay could be better but not the worst in the industry. Ncrc guarantees job security which is most important
Pros
Job security. Not the worst pay. Great team of people
Cons
Can be stressfull.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nationwide Crash Repair Centres Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.