Nationwide Crash Repair Centres Ltd Employee Reviews

Career progrrssion what a joke
Driver (Former Employee) –  Bristol27 April 2018
Having spent 14 months working for nation wide as a driver I can tell you that there is no progression unless you pay for training yourself and do the training during your own time. I asked on several occasions about training so as I could drive larger vehicles and the answer was always the same "NO"
PLUS you never get paid your over time correctly and it's a take take take culture. There's no scratch my back I scratch yours.
Pros
The other staff not management are a laugh
Cons
Managament. hours. Work life balance
Interview
Estimator (Former Employee) –  Stockport, Greater Manchester12 April 2018
Went to Stockport branch. Did half day as agreed, estimating.
Did a number of estimates for free as part of interview.
Heard nothing for a few days, I rang and left a msg with the body shop manager to see where my interview review was up to. No answer left msg, a few days later I tried again after hearing nothing. Again left a msg asking for feed back on where my weak points could be improved as I'd obviously not been successful, not that I'd been made aware of this. After a few weeks no return call or feed back from half day spent estimating. This company couldn't be bothered to inform me of not being successful or provide feed back after numerous calls and msgs asking for this.
Very unprofessional and poor.
Avoid this place. Go for a professional place of work.
Pros
Cons
Everything about Nationwide Stockport.
Improving culture
Manager (Current Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands6 April 2018
Nationwide is changing and is becoming a better place to work. I have been here for 3 1/2 years and the changes are starting to show.

Pay rates have increased and the environment is much better with an emphasis on teamwork being the key.

Nationwide has had massive expansion over the last few years and it has taken a little while to adjust to the new scale of the business. However it is now feeling like a market leading company.

There are plenty of opportunities to progress for people with the right attitude and I have progressed during my time with the company.

I would recommend Nationwide as a good place to work NOW despite its reputation over recent years.
Pros
Lots of oppurtunities
Cons
Reputation
Pay is good but nothing else is.
Vehicle Damage Assessor (Former Employee) –  Mansfield4 April 2018
I found Nationwide to treat staff as mere numbers and have little regard or consultation for staff well being.
The quality of the work is horrific as the only thing that matters is profit... On the plus but the only plus, the pay was at the time great.
Management seemed clueless and were replaced more often than football managers leaving the poor souls with little authority.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
Only become a driver if you like being a doormat.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Fareham, Hampshire21 March 2018
Had the unfortunate experience of being a driver at Fareham, if you don't mind 4pm lunch breaks (if you're lucky) and being told you don't have time for a coffee between jobs (usually as someone is making one for themselves) then it's perfect for you. Expectations of what you can reasonably achieve in a day are set ridiculously high and you're expected to work over your contract hours if need be, with no backup as everyone else leaves on time. you could be broken down miles away and no one would be available to help. Management ignore you, overtime is just basic minimum wage, and if you have family and social commitments after work they just don't care. Basically you are bottom of the pile and everything is dumped on you if it goes wrong. The website will tell you all about the benefits of working for them but none are actually offered or mentioned to you. Do something else for someone else please!
Pros
You occasionally drive something nice.
Cons
As mentioned in review
Friendly staff horrendous management
Panel beater (Former Employee) –  Scotland11 March 2018
Management constantly put you down and they have no care for their staff.they have a high turn around of staff and are now struggling to get people but still mistreating their staff. Personally I’d stay away not that you wouldn’t when they tell you the salary you’d be on which is lower than you’d get working in a supermarket stocking shelves
Pros
Friendly workforce that help you and have a laugh
Cons
Poor wage, poor management, will get depressed
aweful
Paint Sprayer (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands3 March 2018
worst place ive ever set foot in, wouldn't wish this place on my worst enemy, avoid at all cost....
management useless and the staff are vile and cause a lot of problems
Na (Current Employee) –  Glasgow,25 February 2018
After ncrc took over our long established company I had my doubts but to their credit they are investing in staff and tools etc. Great team of people and the day is really quick due to the fast paced environment. Pay could be better but not the worst in the industry. Ncrc guarantees job security which is most important
Pros
Job security. Not the worst pay. Great team of people
Cons
Can be stressfull.
Corperate and not valued
Claims Administrator (Current Employee) –  Goole18 February 2018
Nationwide took over the company I worked for and they dont value the people that work for them...I would not recommend that anyone works for NCRC.

My working day consisted of anwsering up 100 calls a day from customers, work providors and Suppliers dealing there quests and answering there questions.

it could be a challenging role with changable work flows.
Pros
Being paid
Cons
Not been valued
Dont do it promised everything get sod all driver/valeter
Driver val (Current Employee) –  Northwest30 January 2018
Typical day some self appointed idiot trying to tell everybody else what to do when they skive about. no prospects . No Rise no phone minimal ppe. promises never honoured !!! Repairs poor .management usless. Someone walking in off the street is better treated than long serving staff members. can't wait to get out the place !!!
A two year apprentice
Apprentice Paint Sprayer (Former Employee) –  Weybridge, Surrey24 January 2018
After two years of attempting to become a paint tech and failing massively Nationwide is diabolical put me in the workshop for around 4-5 months then was used as a driver,yardboy,working in the office Then became controlling quality control and washing cars. Wasted 2 years of my life. Would never recommend an apprentice to work there absolute nightmare
Pros
You leave feeling better
Cons
Belittled by staff higher up than you
windscreen tech
Windscreen Technician (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London12 January 2018
shocking company very poor management terrible pay,they only pay bonuses when they feel like it expect far to much for peanuts don't do it. call centre staff haven't got a clue what they are doing I used to do about 300 miles per day 50% of the time wrong glass for job as customers not asked correct questions very frustraiting
Pros
Cons
dont pay proper money owed to you most of time wrong glass
hard work but had a laugh as well
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Wokingham, Berkshire5 January 2018
start work at 7.30 finish at 6pm dealing with customers face to face and on the phone sorting out picking up there crashed cars and giving out hire cars. and sorting out drivers to return there repaired cars.
Most day we had a good laugh in are team.
Pros
free tea or coffee
Cons
customer who had crashed there car
Not a nice place to work
M.E.T fitter and LGV Driver (Former Employee) –  Blackpool, Lancashire2 January 2018
The wage comprises of two parts , your basic wage and the productivity bonus that's makes up the rest , the problems are you need the bonus to take home a decent wage , however much you get depends on what the management think of you that month and not on what productivity you've done , it's basically used to crack the whip .
Pros
Good set of lads to work with you
Cons
Bad management
Don't do it!!
Receptionist/Administrator (Former Employee) –  King's Lynn, Norfolk2 January 2018
Appalling company. Outdated office space. Dirty.

You will only get on 'if your face fits'
Poor management.
I could go on. Do yourself a favour and look elsewhere!
Great
Panel Beater/Sprayer (Former Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex3 December 2017
Great job really nice people enjoyed my time I spent working for them and the job comes with great benefits nice people and nice workshop with high tech
Workshop
Workshop Technician (Former Employee) –  Canterbury4 November 2017
Worked for Nationwide for a number of years and have really enjoyed it until I worked at Canterbury. The Site Manager is useless!
He wants to be your best friend for his benefits then stabs you in the back and walks all over you when it does not go his way. As a team, Canterbury is a good place to work, would whole lot better with a different site Manager.
Pros
Fun place can earn bonus.
Cons
Terrible Site Manager
Driver @ Littlehampton, West Sussex
Driver (Former Employee) –  Littlehampton, West Sussex30 October 2017
Whilst working at Nationwide Crash Repairs in Littlehampton I found the work team an absolute joy to work with, I enjoyed going to work and was proud to be the face of the company.

It was overall a friendly work place with nice people including the management team who were always very approachable, i was sad to leave but happy i still keep in contact with all........
Pros
Great working team
Cons
Poor pay
Culture is changing for the better - just give it time
Administration Assistant (Current Employee) –  Anglia27 October 2017
I have worked for Nationwide for nearly three years. They pay you on time and expect you to do what you are paid for - who wouldn't?

Most certainly the company has improved during my time here. As with all companies, procedures need to be aligned and improved and some employees do struggle with this.

The company is doing all it can to improve the culture and working environment for everyone. Nothings perfect, and we simply need to give the time needed to see the benefit of these changes, which I am confident will bear fruit in time.

Join with an open mind and willingness to change with the times.

Nationwide are no different to any other large employer - the car repair industry is changing with ever improving technology; we need to keep ahead of the game. The majority of our customers are very happy indeed with the work carried out on their vehicles - testament to the great workforce we have dealing direct with our customers and behind the scenes carrying out repairs.

Overall we have a good mix of people, and I for one enjoy working here.
Pros
Good mix of people. Busy days. Nationwide rewards
Cons
Employees unwillingness to adapt and change
Seriously consider other company’s first
Driver/Valeter (Former Employee) –  Gateshead, Tyne and Wear19 October 2017
Disgraceful company to work for, unless you work in the office. The bosses and office people get their bonus company cars and big wages and the rest of the staff get hours cut and expected to work overtime as and when it suits them. The whole One nationwide, one team simply does not exist ! Drivers and valeters are treated so badly I’m surprised they even turn up for £7.50per hour
Pros
Lads in the workshop
Cons
Management and office staff.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nationwide Crash Repair Centres Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.