Nationwide Care Services Ltd Employee Reviews

Rubbish
Senior Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dudley, West Midlands12 April 2018
Rubbish place to work, care given is rubbish from people who dont stick to the care plans. Reports not dealt with from manager, just gets brushed under carpet, should be shut down!!
18 April 2018

We are saddened to read this review
As a senior carer it would have been your responsibility to highlight any issues with the care plans and issues with carers not following these. Also the role of a senior care is to support carers in the community to achieve a high standard of care

It appears that the role of senior carer was not for you and you found this difficult
If you had of been honest with us we certainly would have been able to support you or provide further training ,

We wish you well in the future

Simply the worse place ive ever worked
Care co ordinator (Former Employee) –  Dudley10 April 2018
DO NOT EVEN ATTEMPTED TO WORK HERE !! Please keep your dignity and self respect. They honestly don't care about you or the clients and it's all about money money money.
Pros
Good carers
18 April 2018

We are very sad to see that your experience with Nationwide care Services
We understand that you were not happy at your time with us and maybe the role as care coordinator was too difficult for you and you struggled
If you had been honest with us we could have looked at giving you a position more suitable to your needs
We wish you well in the future

Run away from this company
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire2 April 2018
Pay is messed up ,hours are messed up , management will use you till you drop. Not everything you are taught during training is as it is when in the field (actual job) . A company where you come to get trained for the job but never get paid for the training. You don't get any payslip to check against the hours you have worked hence The company holds on to your pay a week in hand and pays you only every two weeks. Management is not professional nor organised at all .
Pros
Company does hire applicants who do not have a car
Cons
Everything else ..pay, hours, management messed up.
Changed a lot since in the last 12 months
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Worcester, Worcestershire28 March 2018
Since the current manager took over about 12 months ago, the company has improved a lot. Management are very supportive in regards to personal problems. Shift patterns are really good (4 days a week most weeks). If you need more hours, there are always some available. Recent changes within the office mean that training is one of the best I have had. Two weekly pay is a great benefit. Good quality care is the focus now for the branch and there is a positive feeling within the branch. All clients are assessed properly and if I ever need anything for a client, the office is always there to help. Progression within the branch is always encouraged, and QCF qualifications are offered. Overall a much better organised company to work for.
Pros
Flexible shifts and fantastic support from management team
Not a nice place
Care (Former Employee) –  Erdington, West Midlands23 March 2018
Not a very nice premises very dirty.............staff very unprofessional .......post left all over floor..... could do with a deep clean.... careers jobs 10 to a 1p avoid this place ike the pague ...... go somewhere where they would care about staff.avoid avoid... with caution...............
Care worker
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Solihull, West Midlands14 March 2018
Brilliant mangers who understand the importance of service users and carers requirements. Good pay good flexible hours.
I am very happy to be part of the company
Four years and all has been very interesting and enjoyed every time. Every company has ups and downs so why people critical comments I do not understand.
Overall I will recommend this company to people

You cant get better than this
Pros
All good
Cons
Nothing bad.
Unproffessional and corrupt
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Midlands14 February 2018
I wouldn't advise anybody to work for this company nor would I recommend them to any families or clients.

I initially enjoyed it for the first few weeks. It then became apparent that it wasn't about offering the highest quality of care as they advertise - but about trying to cram in as many calls as they could onto your shift and harass you via phone to work out of your availability to cover sickness etc.

I was often doubled up with new carers fresh out of part time Saturday jobs with no idea or interest in the care sector. This would make our job more stressful trying to do the work of two people whilst trying to train them. Shadowing typically lasted for 2 days, then they were out in the field on their own.

Nationwide's recruitment ideology was to employ young, naïve, no stings attached college drop outs, who were available at any time of the day or week.

Every now and again we'd hit lucky and have a bright, driven individual wanting to deliver outstanding care in the community. But unfortunately they'd see the company for what it was and run for the hills.

Sickness will not be tolerated. You will be expected to go to work if you are unwell.

Many clients weren't correctly assessed. We were attending calls that should of been hourly calls, but were expected to complete tasks in 30mins. We had client's with advanced needs we weren't properly trained to meet.

Communication between care staff and office were poor, important feedback often ignored.

Office staff were undertrained and lacked motivation. Found their conduct very unprofessional towards co workers
  more... and clients families. No leadership or guidance from manager, pointless him being there as he was impossible to reach and made no positive impact on the branch.

No room for growth within the company.
Very much a clique, with promotion opportunities going to favourites and other hard working staff being overlooked and not credited for their loyalty to the company and clients.

The reviews speak for themselves. Enjoy!
Pros
Opportunity to complete NVQ's
Cons
You are disopable. Zero hour contracts. Very poor pay for the work expected.
Working
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands7 February 2018
I loved working here, I didn’t have to work every weekend so my social life was balanced! The money was decent as I worked as much as I wanted best job so far
Pros
Got to do training while working
Cons
Late nights
Office staff
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire5 February 2018
Office only seem to care about themselves. So many people have quit recently, I'm not surprised. Requested to work in my area and they had me going to a different area. Was left stood in the freezing cold waiting on a senior and the office kept telling me to wait baring in mind i had already been waiting 1hr 30mins.
Cons
Worst company ever worked for!
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dudley11 January 2018
Job is fine when you start until they move you around every day, clients are lovely there is no communication at all with office all think they are better than carers even tho half of them aint even been out in the community actually working just sittin in the office. Manager is so unprofessional argues with staff talks about staff in office to other staff, makes threats about pay. Even the clients have picked up on how poor this company has become and its only going to get worse i would advise no one to even be part of their pathetic little games they play! Glad im out of there even tho still having harrasment from office! Can not leave you alone!
Pros
Clients are the only good thing about this job
Cons
Nothing at all
18 April 2018

Unfortunately it appears that you did no get to know us very well and do know us very well
Our manager works regular hours in the community and does not expect any carer to carry out a task that she is not willing to do herself . She is a manager who knows every service user and there needs. office staff all have experience of community care and when shifts are dropped will always go out in the community to assist
Regards to your comment around being harassed even when you have left is all down to the fact that you have not returned your uniform and ID badge. This is a requirement from CQC to safeguard yourself and the company.

We wish you well in the future !

Horrible and two faced
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nottinghamshire7 January 2018
Nationwide care services they treat staff horrible
And the office staff think they are better than the carer's they have no corardantion or manners on the phone
Pros
Cons
Clients
Productive and fun workplace
On Call Team Member (Former Employee) –  Birmingham25 November 2017
I learnt something new everyday while in a fun and productive environment. This made working at Nationwide Care Services a very enjoyable and educational experience.
my daily routine
Care Assistant / care senior (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands15 August 2017
My day begins by travelling to my first clients house, I provide guidance, encouragement and assistance when required. I have learnt that every service user is different, and have different needs and approaches. I play 2 roles in the same company, I also work in the office which were I deal with complaints, covering shifts, managing rotas, spot checks, care plans, the hardest part of this job is having to deal with difficult clients. for example, dementia, alzheimers. as clients can get really abusive. the most things I loved about my job is, I could see my service users on a daily basis, seeing them smile knowing you have helped them. and to know there are very please with the service that has been carried out. also when working in the office how we all stick as a team when ur pressure, completing tasks together.
Pros
breaks
Cons
Good company to work for
Community Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire26 July 2017
Good organisation to work for offered , training available, DBS paid for, good team players and very helpful towards all staff always willing to go the extra mile to support individuals
Pros
Training
Cons
Traveling between assigments
Better jobs out there
Home Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Worcester26 July 2017
The office staff and management think they are better than the care assistants. The manager ignores you unless he wants something and is "never in the office" when u call to talk to him. Office jobs are advertised however are taken by people that their friends or family recommend. There is no rooms for progression. Lovely clients. Pay is hardly ever right so check each pay day. Hours are ok but will try and get you to work all over the place. It's the type of job that you have to put your foot down and say no or they will walk all over you
Pros
Lovely clients
Cons
Bad management, pay gets messed up, they take advantage of you.
Ok place to work
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham6 June 2017
I felt that this job was very demanding and if you didn't take on extra shifts or last minute jobs, the management team was not very supportive, and I also felt quite ostracised.
All within the family!
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Solihull, West Midlands2 May 2017
The office staff and management think they are better than the care assistants. Office jobs are advertised however are taken by people that their friends or family recommend. There is no rooms for progression.
Pros
Not many
Cons
Very unprofessional
Amazing
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Solihull11 April 2017
Amazing place of work. Everyone is very friendly. Great management. Nice days at work. Learned how to manage a high work load. Enjoyed all the day to day tasks.
busy workplace
Community Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Worcester24 August 2016
Typical day at work having to make sure all the clients are comfortable in bed on time and make sure that each client has everything they may need including assisting them to the bathroom when they may need it throughout the night.

Hardest part of the job is when you are looking after a client who is palliative care and they pass away whilst your on shift.Its something not many people can deal with however its also a part of life which is not very nice but it brings you peace that they are no longer in pain.

most enjoyable part of the job is when you get to sit and chat with some of the clients if they cannot sleep you get to hear so many different stories and different ways of life from each client.
Pros
meet great people
Cons
long hours hard shift
Decent enough
Palliative Carer (Former Employee) –  Birmingham18 May 2016
The company was good to work for and the management were friendly and helpful. It was good at first, there was plenty of work but then it started to get less and less.
Pros
Good and helpful
Cons
Work started to get less and less

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nationwide Care Services Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9