Nationwide Care Services Ltd Employee Reviews for Healthcare Assistant

Worse company to work in and there’s no life at all
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham29 January 2019
While I worked for Nationwide, I have enjoyed working with carers, meeting lovely clients and office lot was nice towards you until your probations finish. That’s when the office lot showed their true faces. They force you to take up a shift which isn’t on your availability and they don’t understand your circumstances or your health issue when you told them at the interview. They even use you so much till you give up and I mostly worked as double up, I used to get health issue and they never cover for you when you are not well. They will force you to work and still when you say no to them, they will threaten they will call the police on you. When someone has some sort of problem, then you should understand their situation, not being selfish and forcing carers to work. Office lot never give that respect or dignity to their carers. Nationwide have lost self esteem and social workers are not happy about it.

Another thing, they will force you to work when your family member has passed away and I have complaint about that but they didn’t do jack all about it. Office staffs are two face and back biters. They will talk nicely infront of you but they will talk bad behind your back, I seen it and heard it myself. Office lot don’t have better things to do but have the nerve to see or hear what other people are doing in their personal or work lives. That’s the most sadest thing I ever seen. Office don’t mind their own businesses and never stay professional.

I would never recommend this company to anyone, i mean to anyone. I rather tell them stay unemployed for the rest of your
  more... life than joining nationwide. I’m glad I left nationwide and got a better job.  less
Pros
Pay, clients and carers
Cons
Office rude, deceiving and horrible
Nice workplace
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham21 December 2018
Workplace is nice and co workers are nice. Easier to get full time work if you are a driver. Hours are long and workload is demanding. But gets easier as you go and becomes routine.
Pros
Friendly Workplace
Cons
Long Hours
Care worker
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Solihull, West Midlands14 March 2018
Brilliant mangers who understand the importance of service users and carers requirements. Good pay good flexible hours.
I am very happy to be part of the company
Four years and all has been very interesting and enjoyed every time. Every company has ups and downs so why people critical comments I do not understand.
Overall I will recommend this company to people

You cant get better than this
Pros
All good
Cons
Nothing bad.
busy workplace
Community Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Worcester24 August 2016
Typical day at work having to make sure all the clients are comfortable in bed on time and make sure that each client has everything they may need including assisting them to the bathroom when they may need it throughout the night.

Hardest part of the job is when you are looking after a client who is palliative care and they pass away whilst your on shift.Its something not many people can deal with however its also a part of life which is not very nice but it brings you peace that they are no longer in pain.

most enjoyable part of the job is when you get to sit and chat with some of the clients if they cannot sleep you get to hear so many different stories and different ways of life from each client.
Pros
meet great people
Cons
long hours hard shift