Nationwide Care Services Ltd Employee Reviews for Care Assistant

Avoid
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Worcester, Worcestershire24 April 2019
Lies from start to finish, don't believe a word they say as they really don't care about you. Avoid at all costs. The only positive is that there is some lovely clients, workers and the training was good *credit to the trainer not the company. Management is terrible. The manager doesnt have a clue what he is doing and will do anything to cause trouble for you if you don't do what he wants. Good luck to any new starters.
Pros
There was some lovely clients and colleagues.
3 May 2019

We are very sorry to hear that you found your experience with Nationwide Care Services in Worcester unsatisfactory. We would be more than happy to discuss these concerns with you as you did not raise any issues like this with us during your employment. We would be happy to then address these concerns with you.

Biggest Mistake to work here
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dudley, West Midlands3 March 2019
I initially enjoyed working at nationwide then realised the office staff are two faced liars who will use you like a yo yo moving you last minute on a different round talk about you ignore your requests not acknowledge when you walk in office claim they are friendly yeah when they want cover but ignore you when you come in office and can't even say hello the manager is an arrogant rude woman who doesn't know a thing about confidentiality recently had her brother in law get a job in office as well. Office staff
Don't care about your personal circumstances or if your poorly office staff will discuss your personal problems with other carers. Also on call staff are just as bad. Pay is messed up they forget to pay you for extra calls covered. Dont understand how to respect their workers who work so hard don't chase up on your concerns about service users then be surprised something goes wrong. Promised to enrol you on course after probation and then lie they have no funds false advertisement. Reward inadequate carers as carer of month just because they lick their bottoms or cover for them when they have no lives apart from work but don't appreciate carers who have children and other commitments yet still cover for them when every 1 else says no. Communication is really poor Rotas are messed up. So many people left due to main reason office staff behaviour towards them total poor work ethic nothing like what they say they are in interview and job advertisement the only thing I enjoyed was the client's who appreciated what you did for them they bought a smile on your face but
  more... just disgusted and disappointed about the true colours and attitude of office staff please if you have any self respect and dignity avoid nationwide they will ruin your self esteem  less
Pros
Only good side was the client's
Cons
Office staff manager no confidentiality no understanding
5 March 2019

We are sorry to hear that you found your experience with Nationwide Care in Dudley unsatisfactory
We would be happy to discuss your concerns with you as you have never raised any issues like this with us during your employment .
We would be happy to then address this concerns

AVOID!!! It’s awful
Former Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nottingham18 May 2018
Worst company ever, they treat the staff terribly and take advantage of them in any way they can. The office workers do nothing except sit on their bum all day and treat the actual carers appallingly. The management is awful and the rotas and pay are always wrong. They take the mick putting you on 6am-10pm shifts daily, as well as having the cheek to constantly ring you throughout your shift asking you to pick up other calls. If you say no, they get nasty. Avoid working there. It’s not worth it!!!
Pros
Some clients are lovely
Cons
everything
review
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands27 April 2018
i have been working for the company for 5 year. i enjoying working here wouldn't change it for anything else. i get regular hour all the time and get all the help i need and all staff are caring and understanding. manger is very helpful always communicating with everyone. good work and family life balance.i would recommend everyone to join the company.
Lovely company
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dudley, West Midlands25 April 2018
Lovely company to work for ,office staff are approachable
Co workers are reliable and friendly
Training is through and insightful
Work load is manageable
Pros
Job security, meeting different service users
Cons
wages
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Worcester, Worcestershire22 April 2018
I have been with the company for nearly a year now. I have enjoyed every second of it. There have been a lot of changes in the year I have been here but it is making a difference now. I recently had to change my hours due to changes at home and the office was supportive of the change. My first pay was paid by cheque but thereafter I have not had a problem. I would recommend working here as I have the same round each week and I get to see the same people everyday. If I need anything I will always ask and everybody- my colleagues and the office team will help me. I didn’t think I would ever do Care work but now I know I have made the right decision. I love helping people and very grateful to have this opportunity.
Pros
Lovely clients
Cons
None that I can think of
Really good and bubbly work place
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dudley18 April 2018
Lovely place to work! Really supportive and easy to talk to everyone. Office staff make you feel very welcome when coming in. In the bad weather the manager made sure we were all home before leaving herself to get home. The work is always available and the rota’s are always on time. Lovely clients too.
Pros
Very good hours
Cons
Hours could drop because of clients going into hospital
Run away from this company
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire2 April 2018
Pay is messed up ,hours are messed up , management will use you till you drop. Not everything you are taught during training is as it is when in the field (actual job) . A company where you come to get trained for the job but never get paid for the training. You don't get any payslip to check against the hours you have worked hence The company holds on to your pay a week in hand and pays you only every two weeks. Management is not professional nor organised at all .
Pros
Company does hire applicants who do not have a car
Cons
Everything else ..pay, hours, management messed up.
Changed a lot since in the last 12 months
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Worcester, Worcestershire28 March 2018
Since the current manager took over about 12 months ago, the company has improved a lot. Management are very supportive in regards to personal problems. Shift patterns are really good (4 days a week most weeks). If you need more hours, there are always some available. Recent changes within the office mean that training is one of the best I have had. Two weekly pay is a great benefit. Good quality care is the focus now for the branch and there is a positive feeling within the branch. All clients are assessed properly and if I ever need anything for a client, the office is always there to help. Progression within the branch is always encouraged, and QCF qualifications are offered. Overall a much better organised company to work for.
Pros
Flexible shifts and fantastic support from management team
Unproffessional and corrupt
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Midlands14 February 2018
I wouldn't advise anybody to work for this company nor would I recommend them to any families or clients.

I initially enjoyed it for the first few weeks. It then became apparent that it wasn't about offering the highest quality of care as they advertise - but about trying to cram in as many calls as they could onto your shift and harass you via phone to work out of your availability to cover sickness etc.

I was often doubled up with new carers fresh out of part time Saturday jobs with no idea or interest in the care sector. This would make our job more stressful trying to do the work of two people whilst trying to train them. Shadowing typically lasted for 2 days, then they were out in the field on their own.

Nationwide's recruitment ideology was to employ young, naïve, no stings attached college drop outs, who were available at any time of the day or week.

Every now and again we'd hit lucky and have a bright, driven individual wanting to deliver outstanding care in the community. But unfortunately they'd see the company for what it was and run for the hills.

Sickness will not be tolerated. You will be expected to go to work if you are unwell.

Many clients weren't correctly assessed. We were attending calls that should of been hourly calls, but were expected to complete tasks in 30mins. We had client's with advanced needs we weren't properly trained to meet.

Communication between care staff and office were poor, important feedback often ignored.

Office staff were undertrained and lacked motivation. Found their conduct very unprofessional towards co workers
  more... and clients families. No leadership or guidance from manager, pointless him being there as he was impossible to reach and made no positive impact on the branch.

No room for growth within the company.
Very much a clique, with promotion opportunities going to favourites and other hard working staff being overlooked and not credited for their loyalty to the company and clients.

The reviews speak for themselves. Enjoy!
Pros
Opportunity to complete NVQ's
Cons
You are disopable. Zero hour contracts. Very poor pay for the work expected.
Working
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands7 February 2018
I loved working here, I didn’t have to work every weekend so my social life was balanced! The money was decent as I worked as much as I wanted best job so far
Pros
Got to do training while working
Cons
Late nights
Office staff
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire5 February 2018
Office only seem to care about themselves. So many people have quit recently, I'm not surprised. Requested to work in my area and they had me going to a different area. Was left stood in the freezing cold waiting on a senior and the office kept telling me to wait baring in mind i had already been waiting 1hr 30mins.
Cons
Worst company ever worked for!
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dudley11 January 2018
Job is fine when you start until they move you around every day, clients are lovely there is no communication at all with office all think they are better than carers even tho half of them aint even been out in the community actually working just sittin in the office. Manager is so unprofessional argues with staff talks about staff in office to other staff, makes threats about pay. Even the clients have picked up on how poor this company has become and its only going to get worse i would advise no one to even be part of their pathetic little games they play! Glad im out of there even tho still having harrasment from office! Can not leave you alone!
Pros
Clients are the only good thing about this job
Cons
Nothing at all
18 April 2018

Unfortunately it appears that you did no get to know us very well and do know us very well
Our manager works regular hours in the community and does not expect any carer to carry out a task that she is not willing to do herself . She is a manager who knows every service user and there needs. office staff all have experience of community care and when shifts are dropped will always go out in the community to assist
Regards to your comment around being harassed even when you have left is all down to the fact that you have not returned your uniform and ID badge. This is a requirement from CQC to safeguard yourself and the company.

We wish you well in the future !

Horrible and two faced
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nottinghamshire7 January 2018
Nationwide care services they treat staff horrible
And the office staff think they are better than the carer's they have no corardantion or manners on the phone
Pros
Cons
Clients
my daily routine
Care Assistant / care senior (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands15 August 2017
My day begins by travelling to my first clients house, I provide guidance, encouragement and assistance when required. I have learnt that every service user is different, and have different needs and approaches. I play 2 roles in the same company, I also work in the office which were I deal with complaints, covering shifts, managing rotas, spot checks, care plans, the hardest part of this job is having to deal with difficult clients. for example, dementia, alzheimers. as clients can get really abusive. the most things I loved about my job is, I could see my service users on a daily basis, seeing them smile knowing you have helped them. and to know there are very please with the service that has been carried out. also when working in the office how we all stick as a team when ur pressure, completing tasks together.
Pros
breaks
Better jobs out there
Home Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Worcester26 July 2017
The office staff and management think they are better than the care assistants. The manager ignores you unless he wants something and is "never in the office" when u call to talk to him. Office jobs are advertised however are taken by people that their friends or family recommend. There is no rooms for progression. Lovely clients. Pay is hardly ever right so check each pay day. Hours are ok but will try and get you to work all over the place. It's the type of job that you have to put your foot down and say no or they will walk all over you
Pros
Lovely clients
Cons
Bad management, pay gets messed up, they take advantage of you.
Ok place to work
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham6 June 2017
I felt that this job was very demanding and if you didn't take on extra shifts or last minute jobs, the management team was not very supportive, and I also felt quite ostracised.
All within the family!
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Solihull, West Midlands2 May 2017
The office staff and management think they are better than the care assistants. Office jobs are advertised however are taken by people that their friends or family recommend. There is no rooms for progression.
Pros
Not many
Cons
Very unprofessional