Nationwide Care Services Ltd Employee Reviews

Biggest Mistake to work here
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dudley, West Midlands3 March 2019
I initially enjoyed working at nationwide then realised the office staff are two faced liars who will use you like a yo yo moving you last minute on a different round talk about you ignore your requests not acknowledge when you walk in office claim they are friendly yeah when they want cover but ignore you when you come in office and can't even say hello the manager is an arrogant rude woman who doesn't know a thing about confidentiality recently had her brother in law get a job in office as well. Office staff
Don't care about your personal circumstances or if your poorly office staff will discuss your personal problems with other carers. Also on call staff are just as bad. Pay is messed up they forget to pay you for extra calls covered. Dont understand how to respect their workers who work so hard don't chase up on your concerns about service users then be surprised something goes wrong. Promised to enrol you on course after probation and then lie they have no funds false advertisement. Reward inadequate carers as carer of month just because they lick their bottoms or cover for them when they have no lives apart from work but don't appreciate carers who have children and other commitments yet still cover for them when every 1 else says no. Communication is really poor Rotas are messed up. So many people left due to main reason office staff behaviour towards them total poor work ethic nothing like what they say they are in interview and job advertisement the only thing I enjoyed was the client's who appreciated what you did for them they bought a smile on your face but
  more... just disgusted and disappointed about the true colours and attitude of office staff please if you have any self respect and dignity avoid nationwide they will ruin your self esteem  less
Pros
Only good side was the client's
Cons
Office staff manager no confidentiality no understanding
5 March 2019

We are sorry to hear that you found your experience with Nationwide Care in Dudley unsatisfactory
We would be happy to discuss your concerns with you as you have never raised any issues like this with us during your employment .
We would be happy to then address this concerns

Worst place I have been employed in!!
Carer (Former Employee) –  Erdington, West Midlands14 February 2019
Right I have been with this company for about 10 months before I thought enough was enough.
You have to beg management for hours, they had me on 4 hours a day.
No regular full time hours with this company (Erdington Branch). I’m not sure how other branches work, as I was employed within Erdington.
Nothing is done fairly. A lot of favourite carers are prioritised for more hours.
All issues have been addressed with Erdington Branch manager, outcome was nothing really.
I am honestly and truly grateful I’m out. The clients all complain about staffing how carers that can’t speak or right English are being employed.
It’s rather horrendous.
Once again I like to stress other branches may be ok, But Erdington the branch I worked for is no good.
Pros
Clients
Cons
Management (Erdington), no hours, mess pay up, still take pension out when you have opted out of the scheme &don’t return your money.
lovely company
Head Senior (Former Employee) –  Nottingham13 February 2019
lovely company to work for, i had a few issues but after time they were dealt with.
service users were amazing and grateful
hours were sometimes long but worth every minute
Worse company to work in and there’s no life at all
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham29 January 2019
While I worked for Nationwide, I have enjoyed working with carers, meeting lovely clients and office lot was nice towards you until your probations finish. That’s when the office lot showed their true faces. They force you to take up a shift which isn’t on your availability and they don’t understand your circumstances or your health issue when you told them at the interview. They even use you so much till you give up and I mostly worked as double up, I used to get health issue and they never cover for you when you are not well. They will force you to work and still when you say no to them, they will threaten they will call the police on you. When someone has some sort of problem, then you should understand their situation, not being selfish and forcing carers to work. Office lot never give that respect or dignity to their carers. Nationwide have lost self esteem and social workers are not happy about it.

Another thing, they will force you to work when your family member has passed away and I have complaint about that but they didn’t do jack all about it. Office staffs are two face and back biters. They will talk nicely infront of you but they will talk bad behind your back, I seen it and heard it myself. Office lot don’t have better things to do but have the nerve to see or hear what other people are doing in their personal or work lives. That’s the most sadest thing I ever seen. Office don’t mind their own businesses and never stay professional.

I would never recommend this company to anyone, i mean to anyone. I rather tell them stay unemployed for the rest of your
  more... life than joining nationwide. I’m glad I left nationwide and got a better job.  less
Pros
Pay, clients and carers
Cons
Office rude, deceiving and horrible
Nice workplace
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham21 December 2018
Workplace is nice and co workers are nice. Easier to get full time work if you are a driver. Hours are long and workload is demanding. But gets easier as you go and becomes routine.
Pros
Friendly Workplace
Cons
Long Hours
long work hours
carer (Current Employee) –  Derby11 September 2018
helping cook clean and assiting with showering and persanal care shopping changing pads and cleaning washing some that can not do it for them selfs makeing sure they eat the right food drink enough fluids
Pros
metting people
Really poor
Care Assistant for the Elderly (Former Employee) –  Dudley west mids21 August 2018
Terrible company to work for, staff very unprofessional felt very pressured by the office to work on the 1 day a week I had off stay away, I found staff and on call very rude
Pros
Cons
Staff very rude
Training
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tyseley10 July 2018
I think Is the best expriance of my life with nationwide.i really enjoyed with me teacher.Being enjoying working with nationwide.really looking forwad with them.
Pros
Effective training
Cons
Travelling and lack of resources
Fun work place
Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Nottingham27 May 2018
I really enjoyed working here. The staff was very helpful when working in teams and also worked alone. The company worked well around my child and I was satisfied with the hours I did.
AVOID!!! It’s awful
Former Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nottingham18 May 2018
Worst company ever, they treat the staff terribly and take advantage of them in any way they can. The office workers do nothing except sit on their bum all day and treat the actual carers appallingly. The management is awful and the rotas and pay are always wrong. They take the mick putting you on 6am-10pm shifts daily, as well as having the cheek to constantly ring you throughout your shift asking you to pick up other calls. If you say no, they get nasty. Avoid working there. It’s not worth it!!!
Pros
Some clients are lovely
Cons
everything
review
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands27 April 2018
i have been working for the company for 5 year. i enjoying working here wouldn't change it for anything else. i get regular hour all the time and get all the help i need and all staff are caring and understanding. manger is very helpful always communicating with everyone. good work and family life balance.i would recommend everyone to join the company.
Lovely company
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dudley, West Midlands25 April 2018
Lovely company to work for ,office staff are approachable
Co workers are reliable and friendly
Training is through and insightful
Work load is manageable
Pros
Job security, meeting different service users
Cons
wages
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Worcester, Worcestershire22 April 2018
I have been with the company for nearly a year now. I have enjoyed every second of it. There have been a lot of changes in the year I have been here but it is making a difference now. I recently had to change my hours due to changes at home and the office was supportive of the change. My first pay was paid by cheque but thereafter I have not had a problem. I would recommend working here as I have the same round each week and I get to see the same people everyday. If I need anything I will always ask and everybody- my colleagues and the office team will help me. I didn’t think I would ever do Care work but now I know I have made the right decision. I love helping people and very grateful to have this opportunity.
Pros
Lovely clients
Cons
None that I can think of
Lovely place to work . Great experience
Previous carer (Former Employee) –  DUDLEY18 April 2018
Lovely place to work if you do your job correctly, repercussions like any job if you have commited them but there all also rewards too. Understanding office staff that approach everyones needs differently ie short notice holidays. Co care workers are great and easy to get along with very welcoming when new. Everyone is given a fair and equal opportunity and there is always help further if needed unlike previous similar I have been in when once your trained thats it your on your own always further on going help available a phone call away. Even when I found an opportunity better suited left on a good note and was wished all the best of luck.
Pros
Good working hours
Cons
Gaps
Previous employer
Senior Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands18 April 2018
Over the bad weather when it snowed , manager stayed in office n made sure that I was safe home after doin my calls.
Lovely place to work very supportive office staff
Lovely clients to look after . If u actually talk to manager she always has time for you and will help you you as much as she can
Pros
Well thought out Rota, wages, support
Cons
Gaps
Really good and bubbly work place
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dudley18 April 2018
Lovely place to work! Really supportive and easy to talk to everyone. Office staff make you feel very welcome when coming in. In the bad weather the manager made sure we were all home before leaving herself to get home. The work is always available and the rota’s are always on time. Lovely clients too.
Pros
Very good hours
Cons
Hours could drop because of clients going into hospital
job satisfaction
care staff (Current Employee) –  Worcester, Worcestershire16 April 2018
I have recently started work for this company ,the staff have been very supportive in my job role and the management are very approachable.
The staff in the office have dealt with all the enquiries that I have called about.
The staff ask you what hours you are available to work and they will also ring you and offer you over time if you want it.
The training is very thorough and the culture that is taught is about person centred care.
I get great job satisfaction from knowing that I am making a difference in peoples lives.
Pros
supportive management team.
Rubbish
Senior Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dudley, West Midlands12 April 2018
Rubbish place to work, care given is rubbish from people who dont stick to the care plans. Reports not dealt with from manager, just gets brushed under carpet, should be shut down!!
18 April 2018

We are saddened to read this review
As a senior carer it would have been your responsibility to highlight any issues with the care plans and issues with carers not following these. Also the role of a senior care is to support carers in the community to achieve a high standard of care

It appears that the role of senior carer was not for you and you found this difficult
If you had of been honest with us we certainly would have been able to support you or provide further training ,

We wish you well in the future

Simply the worse place ive ever worked
Care co ordinator (Former Employee) –  Dudley10 April 2018
DO NOT EVEN ATTEMPTED TO WORK HERE !! Please keep your dignity and self respect. They honestly don't care about you or the clients and it's all about money money money.
Pros
Good carers
18 April 2018

We are very sad to see that your experience with Nationwide care Services
We understand that you were not happy at your time with us and maybe the role as care coordinator was too difficult for you and you struggled
If you had been honest with us we could have looked at giving you a position more suitable to your needs
We wish you well in the future

Run away from this company
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire2 April 2018
Pay is messed up ,hours are messed up , management will use you till you drop. Not everything you are taught during training is as it is when in the field (actual job) . A company where you come to get trained for the job but never get paid for the training. You don't get any payslip to check against the hours you have worked hence The company holds on to your pay a week in hand and pays you only every two weeks. Management is not professional nor organised at all .
Pros
Company does hire applicants who do not have a car
Cons
Everything else ..pay, hours, management messed up.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nationwide Care Services Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8