Nationwide Building Society Employee Reviews

An Excellent place to work with fantastic managers
Customer Representative (Former Employee) –  Slough, Berkshire20 April 2018
Start up meetings each morning to review results and targets set for everyone for the day.

Contacting appointments for that day to confirm attendance and to confirm what is required for the mortgage/investment interview.

Carrying out interviews compliantly and securing as many cross sales as possible with referral to personal banking adviser if current account to be transfered to Nationwide.

Reviewing days activity and meet with Branch Manager to update.

Send figures through to Area Office and finish for the day.

I miss meeting the customers with their individual personalities and being able to help them secure their home. Celebrating when they get their key and keeping in touch with them post completion. I still have many old customers ask me to come back..
Pros
Company pension
Cons
friendly people & good company to work for.
Mortgage Risk Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire12 April 2018
My experience of working for Nationwide has been good over the 14 years I've worked for them, It values its employees and the daily work environment is a pretty stress free place to be.
Pros
yearly bonus
Cons
not guaranteed overtime
Awful place bad management stressful would not recommend
Mortgage Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire27 March 2018
Nothing like the annoying adverts portray of being the people's bank where everything is shiny happy people.
Management are only interested in getting their monthly bonuses they have no interest in how they could be getting the best out of their staff it's all black and white statistics with constant pressure on talk time and no focus on customer care.
The shifts were horrendous and really badly thought out and why bother consulting employees when you are going to implement them anyway.
This best part of the working day there was going home and as for job security and advancement it is a joke all based on their ridicules statistics which they move the goalposts on all the time.
The salary was nowhere near what it should have been for such a stressful job. As Winston Churchill said "Never again"
Pros
Cons
everything about the job
nice

Job Security/ and Advancement
Nice Management

Digital Consultant at Nationwide (Current Employee) –  swindon8 March 2018
Great place to work .

You get into work and you start up your computer 15 minutes early so you can read you emails to see what changes

The most enjoyable part of the job is getting feedback from customers telling you that you have been a great help and that they are more than happy with your service.
Modern but traditional in values
Payment Processing Administrator (Current Employee) –  Swindon3 March 2018
Been working for Nationwide since I graduated and they have provided me with a steady platform to be in a role which suits my skill set and also opportunities for further development.
Worst job I’ve ever had
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Winmill Hill, Swindon2 March 2018
Hands down the worst job I’ve ever had.
The turnover is so high the managers barely bother to learn your names. Within 2 months, out of the 9 people I started with, only 2 were left. However instead of finding out why people were leaving, they would continue hiring a new group of people to start each week.
The salary is poor, the customers are abusive, there’s no management support, the hours are unsociable and the targets are ridiculous (try to keep each phone call to less than three minutes!)
This is one of the most poorly run businesses I’ve ever come across and for a company with a branding of investing in their customers, that certainly doesn’t reflect behind closed doors.
Pros
Knowledge gained
Cons
Unsociable hours, poor salary, abusive customers, poor support
Productive and fun, worklife balanced
Senior Test Specialist (Current Employee) –  Swindon, Wiltshire1 March 2018
Productive and fun, worklife balanced.
IT has been a great pleasure to work in NBS for nearly 5 years.
I have worked on Payments domain in NBS and have gained expertise in Payments domain
Good company to work for. Provided many opportunities for career growth.
Senior Risk Manager - Commercial Credit (Former Employee) –  Threadneedle Street, London1 March 2018
Great company, with excellent senior management, who are supportive and open to challenge and who want to continually improve how the business is run for its customers.
Pros
Supportive culture
Cons
No longer in the CRE new lending space so future opportunities limited.
Good company
Customer Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire27 February 2018
A good company but is a very school yard type of place to work. Popular people get where they want and the quieter people don't get much of a look in which can be demotivating.

Want to know more about Nationwide Building Society?

Ask a question
Excellent work package
Mortgage Representative (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow21 February 2018
I have really enjoyed my time working at Nationwide Building Society and gained a lot of experience during my 10 years. They offer a competitive salary and excellent overall package.
A busy and productive department
Purchasing Manager (Transportation) (Former Employee) –  Northamplton16 February 2018
A busy office with 11 staff, I wrote the company car policy, set up the procedures and implemented them. This included all of the subsidiary company vehicles.
Productive and rewarding workplace
Digital Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Swindon, Wiltshire16 February 2018
I have worked for Nationwide for 19 months in my previous role as a Digital Service Customer Consultant. I have learned many transferable skills in this time such as excellent customer service skills, which have been verbal and written. In addition to this I have learnt a great deal about banking and savings products.

Nationwide is a great company to work for who offer excellent training and facilities. They are excellent at finding the skills you're good at and improving them, the chance for progression in this company is also a great reason to work for them. In Nationwide you get yearly bonuses and have many opportunities to progress in your chosen field within the business.
Pros
1 hour lunches, bonuses
Cons
You don't get all of the benefits as a temporary worker.
Great building society
Cashier/Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hertfordshire15 February 2018
Great to work for very friendly team and support within branch is great. Excellent trainning provided. Well run society organised and professional. All.round great building society.
Pros
Great team.to.work with
Productive work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Harrow, Greater London13 February 2018
You would have to work 6 times a week (full day Monday-Friday and half day on a Saturday) which would get tiring as you don't really have a weekend. The days would tend to go fast if you're working on the till and conducting transactions all day, and I was fortunate enough to have great colleagues which would make the days more enjoyable.
Pros
Half day off during the week
Cons
6 day weeks
N/a
Senior Customer Adviser (Former Employee) –  Bristol13 February 2018
I enjoyed my time at Nationwide Building Society where I progressed to Mortgage Adviser taking my CMAP exams though the Company. Very good company to work for.
Fun work place
Multi function- case owner (Current Employee) –  Bournemouth12 February 2018
Fun place to work however not enough managerial support and tiedous. Salary not reflective of the amount of work and targets. Good facilities available
Pros
Free coffee, gym, restaurant, car share.
Cons
Poor salary in comparison to work load
poor culture
Financial Ombudsman Service (Former Employee) –  Bournemouth, Dorset11 February 2018
I would rather not comment on this company. I am glad that I no longer work for them. I don't think I would ever want to work there again. I would not recommend it to anyone.
A great company
ISA Administrator (Former Employee) –  Swindon7 February 2018
A great company to work for, Nationwide provides great opportunities for growth. All smaller offices have been relocated into modern sites with great facilities.
A great experience
IT Support (Former Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire7 February 2018
I only worked here for a year but taught me a lot of valuable things about i.t. a great atmosphere as over a thousand people working there. A very professional company.
Pros
Very diverse
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nationwide Building Society. Our community is ready to answer.