NATIONAL YOUTH ADVOCACY SERVICE

NATIONAL YOUTH ADVOCACY SERVICE Employee Reviews

United Kingdom6 reviews
Treated fairly, supportive management, kind people and nothing is too much, training was fab too love NYAS. Rewarding role, making a difference to others,
Nyas gives you plenty of support and help with your needs. NYAS is a brilliant organisation to work for. They have a flexible approach and the managers are very approachable. Its a friendly team and the turnover of staff is very low.
NYAS offer a variety of training and ensure you work within a productive environment. They are flexible with working hours and everyone is extremely friendly and welcoming.
As a volunteer I feel well supported and trained. I gain valuable experience working with children in care and enjoy my role.
At NYAS, I was in charge of filing and general administrative duties. This taught me a lot about photocopying, scanning, franking, filing and answering the telephone; all key skills in an office environment.
My co-workers were generally very hard working, and were very accommodating when I first began work there - helping me become well versed in the individual process of the office within two days of working there.

My role was challenging as often I would be given a very large amount of work to be done in a small amount of time, but the completion of this work - and knowing I was directly helping children being represented by the Advocacy Service - was more than enough compensation.