National Trust Employee Reviews

I literally only just started
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Southwell, Nottinghamshire22 July 2017
I started at the Trust last week as a volunteer, so I'm not sure I'm really the right person to review this. So far however it's been very pleasant - everyone I've met's been nice, and the work itself is fulfilling.
Pros
Tea and Biscuits, getting to share passion for history
Cons
Sometimes disorganised
Fantastic Cause based orgainisation
Retail and Catering Manager - Carmarthenshire (Current Employee) –  Carmarthenshire21 July 2017
Excellent orgainisation to work for however progression is slow due to external candidates (sometimes taking pay cuts to join) taking progression opportunities from existing employees.
Involved and part of a team
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Claydon, Buckinghamshire19 July 2017
Love working here especially working towards preserving a part of history but also with a kind and helpful team. Despite being a volunteer I was made to feel very welcome and part of the team.
was ok
Warehouse Picker and Packer (Former Employee) –  Irthlingborough12 July 2017
the job itself was fine but the agency and the management were not helpful at all some of the other staff were really helpful we became a really good team.
Pros
use of company canteen and choosing your own hours
Cons
the Management and agency
Fun and interesting colleagues
Catering Assistant (Current Employee) –  Altrincham, Greater Manchester5 July 2017
Lots of variation in jobs day to day. Friendly management and colleagues. Easy enough but trained on various jobs. Flexible shifts. Bit out of the way and difficult to get there without a car but there is a bus stop right outside
productive and fun work place
Catering Assistant - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester30 June 2017
I worked at dunham massey, a national trust park for four years and i thoroughly enjoye working there, the work was enjoyable and everyone is treated equaly.
Pros
free lunches
Where Life Ends!
Staff (Former Employee) –  Devon27 June 2017
If I could give this organisation '0' stars, I would!
Completely dis-organised; wastes money; no real career prospects; no energy or drive - you feel as if you're in a headwind!
the trust dont care about catering
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dover, Kent26 June 2017
job involves clearing tables, doing dishwasher. making sandwhiches, making coffee,serving cakes and food.
all national trust sites are diffrent. but all catering is expected to boost membership alongside the welcome assistants.
Pros
20% discount. free coffee
Cons
no progression, rubbish pay
Volunteer Conservation Assistant
Conservation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Belton26 June 2017
Wonderful working environment, the National Trust are very supportive and give opportunities to learn new skills by going to workshops and events. Volunteering is a good way to develop skills and have some fun!
Very rewarding experience
Voluntary Worker (Former Employee) –  Brecon Beacons National Park24 June 2017
I loved every moment of the experience working for the National Trust. I learnt a lot about myself and what it is like to work with complete strangers.
Great Organisation
Catering Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire20 June 2017
The Trust is a fantastic organisation to work for and a worthwhile cause.
I have gained a lot of self confidence working here with prospects of good career progression.
I love going to work knowing that my efforts are having a lasting long term affect in maintain 'our special place'
unprofessional
Car Park Assistant (Former Employee) –  Giants Causeway26 May 2017
did not deal with complaints
inconstant management
when presented with evidence of inappropriate behavior of a senior member of staff, the complaint went undealt with, until brought to upper management, which was then dismissed to protect senior member of staff at the expense of others.
solutions architect
Solutions Architect (Former Employee) –  Swindon England24 May 2017
a good work life balance
blah blah
blah blah
productive family feel work place
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Brownsea Island22 May 2017
very enjoyable place to work. everyone is very kind and supportive of each other and always there to help. as it was voluntary work there was no pay. the hours were not long and if you couldn't complete a task in the amount of time you had there was no pressure to stay on and finish it there and then.
Pros
kind employes
Cons
there wasnt any
Started off as great place to work until change at senior management level
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Killerton18 May 2017
Long hours for no extra pay
Interesting work
Senior management horrendous
Lots of back stabbing
Enjoyed meeting people

When first started working for nt, it was fun and enjoyable with job satisfaction. Then senior management changed and so did the culture of the property and not for the better.
Pros
Meeting people
Cons
Long hours. Low pay. Bad management
wonderful place to work
Volunteer in Historical Kitchen (Former Employee) –  Charlecote, Warwickshire18 May 2017
majority of people were volunteers so there was a good working community as everyone had chosen to be there. The work was fun and stimulating as we got to work on our own terms, cooking what we wanted to cook. we also got great interaction with guest and enjoyed watching the kids get involved with the history of a working house.
convenient and great company to work for
Holiday Cottage Caretaker (Former Employee) –  South Cornwall14 May 2017
Working for the NT was very convenient, as you worked on your own initiative, Management extremely efficient and helpful.
i found great job satisfaction knowing that the guests were happy and enjoyed their stay, always lovely to have notes left thanking you for a beautiful cottage and all your help.
Pros
Working on own inititative
Cons
Paying out for your expenses, and claiming back monthly
Good work life balance
Ranger Placement Student (Former Employee) –  Castlerock7 May 2017
It's a great atmosphere at work were fun can be had yet work continues. The experience at the National Trust is very broad and therefore can suit many different types of people.
Pros
Outdoor work
Cons
Poor payment for placement students
good company
Chef Manager (Current Employee) –  Brancaster Activity Centre7 May 2017
Catering breakfast lunch and evening meal for children visiting the centre on a residential basis. Ordering health and safety and all aspects of looking after a kitchen.
Pros
national Trust membership
Cons
Lovely people, lovely atmosphere and workplace
Events Officer (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire30 April 2017
Good hearted organisation. Well balanced in offering wonderful places to everyone but ensuring they are kept and maintained for the future. Always looking to further develop and inrease offers for everyone.

Great fun all around!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Trust. Our community is ready to answer.