National Trust Employee Reviews

Catering Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chirk, Wrexham7 August 2017
The team is great and we all get along and fit well with one another. We have an understanding Manager who is there to listen. At day at work there is full of fun and work. The both mixed together makes for a great day at work. We can all have a laugh as well as getting work done.
Good work experience
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Farnborough Hall5 August 2017
Good work experience in friendly atmosphere. Flexible working hours to suit my needs. Hopefully I will learn to use more equipment as my volunteering continues.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Volunteer only
Seasonal Work
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Devon30 July 2017
Enjoyed the job but poor management. Liked the property and enjoyed being part of the National Trust which is a wonderful and worthy cause. Liked my colleagues.
Pros
Meeting people
Cons
management
Business Support Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Devon28 July 2017
Brilliant place to work. The reason I left is because I relocated to another county. The staff are very supportive and the location of your office is usually on a rural country estate. Highly recommended.
Busy and high pressure
Waitress and Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sutton24 July 2017
The kitchen is far too small to cater for how many people come to visit the site, especially when coach trips visit on top of general visitors. The National Trust's policy of 'the customer is always right, even when complaining about something ridiculous' meant that staff were often bending over backwards for silly requests. Also there was a lot of focus by management on what we had done wrong rather than right - having favourites was a big thing too!
Behind the times
Manager (Current Employee) –  United Kingdom24 July 2017
As the main focus has been on conservation, they are behind in commercial business and systems are old. This can be frustrating at times due to issues that occur and the process to fix things can take longer than average. Management structure is poor and most of the time you are expected to work long hours with minimal support. Salary does not reflect your hard work and efforts.
If you are looking for a job that has a purpose then it is great, but along with this comes other issues.
Pros
free entry to NT places
Cons
salary, hours, lack of support
I literally only just started
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Southwell, Nottinghamshire22 July 2017
I started at the Trust last week as a volunteer, so I'm not sure I'm really the right person to review this. So far however it's been very pleasant - everyone I've met's been nice, and the work itself is fulfilling.
Pros
Tea and Biscuits, getting to share passion for history
Cons
Sometimes disorganised
Fantastic Cause based orgainisation
Retail and Catering Manager - Carmarthenshire (Current Employee) –  Carmarthenshire21 July 2017
Excellent orgainisation to work for however progression is slow due to external candidates (sometimes taking pay cuts to join) taking progression opportunities from existing employees.
Involved and part of a team
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Claydon, Buckinghamshire19 July 2017
Love working here especially working towards preserving a part of history but also with a kind and helpful team. Despite being a volunteer I was made to feel very welcome and part of the team.
was ok
Warehouse Picker and Packer (Former Employee) –  Irthlingborough12 July 2017
the job itself was fine but the agency and the management were not helpful at all some of the other staff were really helpful we became a really good team.
Pros
use of company canteen and choosing your own hours
Cons
the Management and agency
Fun and interesting colleagues
Catering Assistant (Current Employee) –  Altrincham, Greater Manchester5 July 2017
Lots of variation in jobs day to day. Friendly management and colleagues. Easy enough but trained on various jobs. Flexible shifts. Bit out of the way and difficult to get there without a car but there is a bus stop right outside
productive and fun work place
Catering Assistant - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester30 June 2017
I worked at dunham massey, a national trust park for four years and i thoroughly enjoye working there, the work was enjoyable and everyone is treated equaly.
Pros
free lunches
Where Life Ends!
Staff (Former Employee) –  Devon27 June 2017
If I could give this organisation '0' stars, I would!
Completely dis-organised; wastes money; no real career prospects; no energy or drive - you feel as if you're in a headwind!
the trust dont care about catering
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dover, Kent26 June 2017
job involves clearing tables, doing dishwasher. making sandwhiches, making coffee,serving cakes and food.
all national trust sites are diffrent. but all catering is expected to boost membership alongside the welcome assistants.
Pros
20% discount. free coffee
Cons
no progression, rubbish pay
Volunteer Conservation Assistant
Conservation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Belton26 June 2017
Wonderful working environment, the National Trust are very supportive and give opportunities to learn new skills by going to workshops and events. Volunteering is a good way to develop skills and have some fun!
Very rewarding experience
Voluntary Worker (Former Employee) –  Brecon Beacons National Park24 June 2017
I loved every moment of the experience working for the National Trust. I learnt a lot about myself and what it is like to work with complete strangers.
Great Organisation
Catering Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire20 June 2017
The Trust is a fantastic organisation to work for and a worthwhile cause.
I have gained a lot of self confidence working here with prospects of good career progression.
I love going to work knowing that my efforts are having a lasting long term affect in maintain 'our special place'
unprofessional
Car Park Assistant (Former Employee) –  Giants Causeway26 May 2017
did not deal with complaints
inconstant management
when presented with evidence of inappropriate behavior of a senior member of staff, the complaint went undealt with, until brought to upper management, which was then dismissed to protect senior member of staff at the expense of others.
solutions architect
Solutions Architect (Former Employee) –  Swindon England24 May 2017
a good work life balance
blah blah
blah blah
productive family feel work place
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Brownsea Island22 May 2017
very enjoyable place to work. everyone is very kind and supportive of each other and always there to help. as it was voluntary work there was no pay. the hours were not long and if you couldn't complete a task in the amount of time you had there was no pressure to stay on and finish it there and then.
Pros
kind employes
Cons
there wasnt any

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Trust. Our community is ready to answer.