National Trust Employee Reviews for Retail Sales Associate

friendly interesting and worthwhile
Retail Assistant (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Avebury, Wiltshire12 September 2018
national trust is a great company to work for. they have a good management team and the work life balance is supported.they work hard to preserve property and history for future generations. i always felt happy and appreciated in my role.
Pros
staff discount and free membership
Cons
Good pay, slightly intimidating atmosphere but would still recommend.
Giant's Causeway - retail assistant (Former Employee) –  Northern Ireland2 January 2018
The job itself is very good and great experience for going into other jobs. However, I found that there was a pressure by managers to be very outgoing all the time. This would not be an issue for someone with an extroverted personality but for us introverts it made going to work stressful and intimidating. I am by no means an overly quiet person but i found on a number of occasions I was singled out as not engaging enough. I know of a few other members of staff who were forced to leave because of similar pressures. A great job for extroverts though, I would still recommend!
Fun and enthusiastic
Retail Assistant/ Tourist Information/ Admissions (Former Employee) –  Bushmills29 December 2017
Challenges differ from day to day, meet new tourist everyday. A highly rewarding job and fun to work in different departments. Very different from any job I have previously had.
Great location and busy work
Tearoom and Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carrick a rede rope bridge2 September 2017
At Carrick a rede we worked very hard and was always busy. The staff got on very well and there was always something that needed doing withered it be in the shop on in the cafe.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Not many hours available
Started off as great place to work until change at senior management level
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Killerton18 May 2017
Long hours for no extra pay
Interesting work
Senior management horrendous
Lots of back stabbing
Enjoyed meeting people

When first started working for nt, it was fun and enjoyable with job satisfaction. Then senior management changed and so did the culture of the property and not for the better.
Pros
Meeting people
Cons
Long hours. Low pay. Bad management
fun and upbeat workplace
Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ham, Greater London31 January 2017
It was very enjoyable and there was lovely staff members.
The environment was very nice and the place itself was a lovely place to work.
Pros
free lunches and great staff
Cons
Not enough breaks
Great if you love history
Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Charlecote25 September 2016
You work at some amazing sites all across Britain, in some truly unique places, which are full of unknown history or in some of the most well known historical spots.
Pros
Free Membership
Cons
Open 364 days a year! No bank-holidays
If you love history it's great!
Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Charlecote25 September 2016
You get to work in the most fantastic sites, with some amazing people, working with volunteers is very unique. Every day is different, new surprises, you leave saying well today i did this...
Pros
Free Membership
Cons
Open year round
RETAIL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Stockport31 March 2016
All National Trust properties are different and this means no working department is the same as they NT utilise the available rooms, buildings and outhouses for department uses. Unique and special with the benefit of seeing wildlife each day. The volunteers are relied on a great deal to support departments and help maintain, renovate and greet visitors.
Pros
Unique place to work. Great National charity.
Cons
Seasonal job. little possibility of promotion within the retail dpt as so small.
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Corfe Castle, ENG15 April 2014
I enjoyed working at the National Trust Shop and would not have considered leaving but restructuring occurred and my position was made redundant. The shop manageress and team of colleagues were the best and I enjoyed their company. The hardest part of the job was not having in stock an item that a customer required and the most enjoyable part was being able to assist customers with their needs when appropriate. I learned about good team work and how being able to rely on this made work easier. I still miss being there but hopefully I can carry forward positive experience to my next employment.
Pros
Benefits include 20% discount on purchases, free entry to National Trust properties for yourself and guest.