National Trust Employee Reviews in Stockport

Great atmosphere to work.
Assistant Ranger (Former Employee) –  Stockport11 July 2016
Loved it. The mixture of customer service and outdoor work was a nice feeling to see my accomplishments and then for visitors to compliment and appreciate them. I worked earlier most times in the morning and slightly later in the evening simply because I enjoyed my job and am more than willing to help others out if needed. I picked up a multiple of new skills when working along side the rangers and they made me feel part of the team for the duration I worked there. Every single person there, rangers and volunteers, aided me in every way they could and made me feel welcomed. The hardest part of what i did, had to be when I had to work in the pouring rain building structures, as well as the 9 mile ride i had to endure in the morning and then the 9 mile ride back home, however that did not bother me too much as I enjoyed every opportunity they threw at me. There were many enjoyable moments whilst I worked there, but i have to say the most enjoyable parts were when I worked alongside both the rangers and volunteers, simply because the laughs we had, but the work still got done. I enjoyed building a raised footpath for the younger visitors to use as is was very rewarding seeing all of the children run up and down it,and the parents complimenting us saying what a wonderful job we were doing. I enjoyed it there so much I am currently in the process of signing up for volunteering for Lyme Park.
Pros
Satisfaction of knowing I made a change.
Cons
18 mile round trip on a push bike.
RETAIL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Stockport31 March 2016
All National Trust properties are different and this means no working department is the same as they NT utilise the available rooms, buildings and outhouses for department uses. Unique and special with the benefit of seeing wildlife each day. The volunteers are relied on a great deal to support departments and help maintain, renovate and greet visitors.
Pros
Unique place to work. Great National charity.
Cons
Seasonal job. little possibility of promotion within the retail dpt as so small.
A great day at the park
Catering Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Stockport, ENG6 March 2015
This was a fantastic experience , i made some great freinds and the atmoshere was unrivaled i just wish they had permanant contacts

Want to know more about National Trust?

Ask a question