Fun workplace, great colleagues, just no chance of advancement
Catering Assistant (Current Employee) – York – 25 July 2015
- Uniform is provided except white shirt, black trousers and black shoes.
- You're in charge of your own clocking in and out, and signing up for shifts for the following week. You also get paid weekly.
- The people that work there are pretty nice, really friendly and you tend to get to know your co-workers well.
- Hardest part of the job is the long hours and most of the time (especially in dinner season) you don't get many hours between shifts.
- Most enjoyable part of the job is definitely the people you work with
It's like any other catering job, the managers are all nice, fair people that you can have a laugh with. My reason for leaving is that there was just no place to move up into. I learned a lot, the training is pretty good (I can make a mean latte), and again, the people that work there are amazing, there was just no progress.
The pay's alright, especially for 18-21 year olds!
Free lunches, flexible hours, get paid weekly
Long hours, no way of going up in the world