National Institute for Health and Care Excellence Employee Reviews

Good organisation to work for.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester23 April 2018
Fab organisation committed to employee engagement, wellbeing and professional development. Opportunity to do really valuable work that benefits the NHS and beyond.
Pros
NICE is really well-regarded and employs incredibly qualified and respected people, The offices in both Manchester and London are central and well-equipped, Lots of possibilities for homeworking and flexible hours - great for work-life balance.
Cons
Some of our processes are pretty slow
BAD Organisation
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester28 August 2017
The management as well as the workplace culture are extremely bad, every single day has been very boring to death. Very unwelcoming and frustrating. No clear sense of direction and support. Very poor staff engagement and reactive planning.
Pros
Cons
Bad management and office culture
National public sector organisation with valuable impact on public guidelines
IT Helpdesk Officer / Internal Communications Exec (Current Employee) –  Manchester, ENG4 January 2016
The support across the office for academia is unparalleled to any other environment I have worked in.

Management have let me choose my own path in developing my skills for my own benefit even if this does not match with the company's requirements of my role in IT.

The team I have worked in have always been collaborative and inclusive, working together on common goals that would not be achievable on an individual basis.

Delivering customer service is satisfying, although this can be difficult depending on the situation - the IT Helpdesk position is a mainly reactive role, assisting on demand.
Pros
the pragmatic and cooperative spirit of the team
Cons
the reactive nature of the job
good team
HR Administrator Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Manchester4 July 2016
My current role at NICE is good and fun but only because of my team. There is not enough work and I am currently bored as I am not busy enough. I love working there as it has give me good experience in the work place but it has made me realise that office work isn't my future and I want to change it now before its to late.
Bad Organisation
Health Analyst (Former Employee) –  Manchester17 May 2016
The management lacks organisation the only good is the pay but frustrating job. I never miss work and the work space is cramped and IT facilities and support are poor.