NATIONAL GALLERY Employee Review

View all NATIONAL GALLERY reviews

A privilege
National Gallery -Speaking in Tongues Exhibition (Former Employee) –  National Gallery London30 April 2019
Working within an institution as old and prestigious as the National Gallery will always have its drawbacks and limitations, however once boundaries are established, I found it a lot easier to create work that suited the Gallery's restrictions but also fulfilled my conceptual artists practice. I found I had to compromise on some idea that I was more passionate about but I became indifferent when taking into consideration the necessary preservation tactics the gallery puts in pace to protect not only the art work but the building and anyone that comes to visit it. Overall it was an incredible opportunity to be one of the first young contemporary artists with work with a prospering program only recently initiated by the institution.
Pros
Such an amazing institution
Cons
Must work with restrictions

Other NATIONAL GALLERY Employee Reviews

Great place to work.
Operations Supervisor - Security Department (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London16 April 2019
An amazing place to work. You get to enjoy the national art collection everyday and learn something new about painting and old masters. I feel privileged to be working in such an amazing environment.
Nice environment
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  London24 July 2018
Nice environment to work in. Nice people to work with. Diversity of the workforce made it interesting. Never a dull day. I managed a team of Gallery assistants.