NATIONAL GALLERY
NATIONAL GALLERY Employee Review

Home from home

10 July 2016
A wonderful place to work. Every body is nice, great culture within the staff and the place itself. Everybody knows everyone. It is the most pleasent place that I have worked and have so many find memories
5.0Job security/advancement
Pros
Many
Cons
The odd bully they soon go
10 June 2018
Same roleSame location
Gallery Assistant (Current Employee) - London
Good to work here I enjoy & learn s lot and gain different Feild experiences I still enjoy work here as Gallery Assistant but I try to find job with is Relevant to my Education Banking & Finance , Accounting ...
Pros
Lunch paid
Cons
8 to 10 Hours P/D
28 July 2019
Same location
Security Support Officer (Current Employee) - London
National Gallery Management are very professionals. Very outstanding organisation to work for. I am very happy here, i want to leave due to family relocation but honestly I will missed National Gallery. I never had any single complaint since I had been working here unlike some companies. Definitely in future I might still comeback to work there. I enjoying the work flexibility, very good pay.
Pros
Job flexibility
Cons
Nothing at all.
30 April 2019
Same location
National Gallery -Speaking in Tongues Exhibition (Former Employee) - National Gallery London
Working within an institution as old and prestigious as the National Gallery will always have its drawbacks and limitations, however once boundaries are established, I found it a lot easier to create work that suited the Gallery's restrictions but also fulfilled my conceptual artists practice. I found I had to compromise on some idea that I was more passionate about but I became indifferent when taking into consideration the necessary preservation tactics the gallery puts in pace to protect not only the art work but the building and anyone that comes to visit it. Overall it was an incredible opportunity to be one of the first young contemporary artists with work with a prospering program only recently initiated by the institution.
Pros
Such an amazing institution
Cons
Must work with restrictions