NATIONAL GALLERY Employee Reviews

A privilege
National Gallery -Speaking in Tongues Exhibition (Former Employee) –  National Gallery London30 April 2019
Working within an institution as old and prestigious as the National Gallery will always have its drawbacks and limitations, however once boundaries are established, I found it a lot easier to create work that suited the Gallery's restrictions but also fulfilled my conceptual artists practice. I found I had to compromise on some idea that I was more passionate about but I became indifferent when taking into consideration the necessary preservation tactics the gallery puts in pace to protect not only the art work but the building and anyone that comes to visit it. Overall it was an incredible opportunity to be one of the first young contemporary artists with work with a prospering program only recently initiated by the institution.
Pros
Such an amazing institution
Cons
Must work with restrictions
Great place to work.
Operations Supervisor - Security Department (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London16 April 2019
An amazing place to work. You get to enjoy the national art collection everyday and learn something new about painting and old masters. I feel privileged to be working in such an amazing environment.
Productive & National level
Gallery Assistant (Current Employee) –  London10 June 2018
Good to work here I enjoy & learn s lot and gain different Feild experiences
I still enjoy work here as Gallery Assistant but I try to find job with is Relevant to my Education Banking & Finance , Accounting ...
Pros
Lunch paid
Cons
8 to 10 Hours P/D
Home from home
Warder/ Gallery Assistant (Former Employee) –  London10 July 2016
A wonderful place to work. Every body is nice, great culture within the staff and the place itself. Everybody knows everyone. It is the most pleasent place that I have worked and have so many find memories
Pros
Many
Cons
The odd bully they soon go