National Citizen Service Trust Employee Reviews

Love working at NCS Trust
Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London11 December 2018
I started work at NCS Trust in London three months ago and I love it!

The office where we work is great and the culture is amazing - high standards like a great company but with no ego, it is about everyone pulling on the same rope and sharing ideas and working together.

Really diverse people too - I feel at home and I am a minority. Being just you, the best version, is what they want and is what happens.

It is hard work but lots of benefits - really good training when I arrived and since. We even have an office dog! Supportive people. Humble and smart CEO and his senior team are great and real professionals

I really would recommend it to my friends, especially as what we do helps young people. Really good that NCS is now a Royal Charter Company for us as employees but mainly as we now are here to stay for young people to help them.
Pros
Mission, culture, leadership, brilliant company to work for
Cons
salary and bonus not the best
fun and new
student (Former Employee) –  7 Dolphin Point Dolphin Way, Purfleet RM19 1NR11 December 2018
learning to be able to talk to people who you have never seen before in your life is a challenge that NCS gives you and that good for your future life as you get to understand others. also it is fun as it had so many activities that helped us team building and understanding of each other
Pros
a lot of fun time to get to know others
Cons
the food was not that great
Purpose driven organisation with great colleagues
Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London10 December 2018
NCS Trust brings together people from all kinds of working backgrounds who are united in wanting to support and empower young people.

The company makes sure we keep young people in mind and encourages us to go and see the programme and its impact on the ground as much as we can, which helps us to stay focused on our mission.

I would recommend working at NCS Trust to anyone who is looking for an opportunity to be part of something important for young people and society. It can be hard work but the people (both colleagues and young people) are talented and inspiring.
Pros
Purpose driven, good culture and a lot of professional opportunity
Cons
The company is growing and changing a lot so you do need to be comfortable with some ambiguity
NCS is a brilliant place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London5 December 2018
Brilliant place to work with a passion to help young people. Fantastic leaders running the place and healthy culture. You can be yourself here and add ideas to keep making this company even better. Just become a royal charter body - so very exciting.
Pros
Lots
Cons
salaries are of course not the best
Summer Activities
Participant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London3 December 2018
During NCS, I have socialised with new people and it was easy to make new relationships. I have learned how to start and run a campaign that it is suitable for society. I have also learned to work as a group and also play an important role in a team.
Pros
Free time
Cons
Camping
Productive and enjoyable
Member (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London2 December 2018
Overall my NCS experience was a memorable one as it taught me to adapt in new environments and step out my comfort zone, the others within my group had to do the same which allowed all new members in the team to bond well and carry out our roles and responsibilties appropriately. I learnt how to work in a team with random strangers and taught about how me as a young individual can help the community to raise awareness of things people ignore.
Pros
Enjoyable and Fun
Cons
Challenging but rewarding place to work
Accommodation Coordinator/ RPM (Former Employee) –  Bradford, UK29 November 2018
A very variable and challenging experience depening on the task at hand on the day. The workplace culture for the most part is very good with most colleagues always willing to help if they are free. The most enjoyable part is getting to know all the others and seeing the impact and change on the young people
Pros
Rewarding experience full of learning points
Cons
can often be very stressful with difficult management
Not what expected
Student Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands29 November 2018
still havent found a job via ncs

the most enjoyable part of the flexibiliy

hardest part was that thing we had to do

management was the greatest

learned alot
teamwork
member/participater (Former Employee) –  Dorset29 November 2018
i had so much fun working in a team, i really enjoyed the activities and the staff that were there were so friendly if i had the chance to do NCS again i definitely would it was a lifetime experience to never forget.
Pros
making new friends and the value of working in a group.
Cons
some of the activites were quite difficult and very long however i managed to get through it
Amazingly educating and enjoyable
Participant (Former Employee) –  Exeter, Devon26 November 2018
An amazing four week programme, focused around team building, fun activities, making friends and learning valuable skills for the future. Would definitely recommend for ANYONE considering it.
Pros
Very cheap
fun
Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol26 November 2018
great company, good pay and excellent opportunities to enhance the lives of younger people by helping them to grow from school kid to adulthood. enjoyable experience
Pros
fun
productive
Experience (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom22 November 2018
what I have learned is how to be a team player a develop communication skills when preparing presentations. this allows me to learn independency while at this program as well as supporting local communities. for example we helped out the charity 'mind'.
fun experience
Team member (Former Employee) –  Huddersfield, West Yorkshire21 November 2018
• National Citizen Service 2018- 4 week residential including two weeks of charity work.
In the first week i was in scotland which was residental , full of fun outdoor activies.
In the second week i stayed in university accommodation and lived on a budget with a group, orginising dinner meals.
the third was planning fundraisers for a chosen charity.
the fourth week was completing the fundraisers you had orginised in the 3rd week
Pros
meet new friends
Cons
4 weeks
Pushed you out of your comfort zone
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands17 November 2018
Every day was different, it gave me the chance to do things I would not have done by myself. I improved my socialisation skills, while learning how to do things such as communicating with different types of people.
Productive an Fun workplace
Delivery Worker (Former Employee) –  Gloucester, Gloucestershire17 November 2018
Work with really great people who are all enthusiastic about what they do. Days are varied which I really like. Some days you could be on a computer, others you could be out of the office promoting NCS in local businesses or visiting schools and giving presentations.
Pros
The People
Cons
Not always well organised
Fun workplace
Helper (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London13 November 2018
I took part in the NCS Challenge. This experience built up my confidence when working with others and developed my social skills. During this experience I had learned to work as a team and to talk to others I didn't know. Building these relationships helped us to work more effectively and productively. We used our individual strengths to create an experience that enhanced our skills that will stay with us and benefit us in the future.This experience also opened an opportunity for me to take a lead in running our fundraiser for the charity that we chose. My calm, structured and enthusiastic approach contributed to the team achieving success in this project.
Pros
provided travel and lunch
Cons
too long hours
A day at ncs
Team Leader Assistant (Former Employee) –  North London, Greater London13 November 2018
It was a great way to meet new people and discover peoples skills. I learnt about people and activities and the whole program helped me to be a more open minded person
Pros
fun games and activities
Cons
little lunches
Fun Workplace
Team member (Former Employee) –  Norwich12 November 2018
Learnt a lot with NCS from life to team working and organisational skills, it was also a great experience which opened many doors to a better and brighter future.
Very nice people
Customer (Former Employee) –  Week, UK8 November 2018
The staff memebers were very helpful through out my training. However they could do with some more training due to them being very young and only seeing it as a summer job.
Was okay as voluntry
Time management (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, Devon5 November 2018
I learnt a lot of skills whilst on the service giving me valuable life experiences. Th hardest part for me was the residential side. I became very home sick.

Management didn't offer much support which disappointed me in my journey.
Pros
life experince
Cons
Poor managment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Citizen Service Trust. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3