NAOMI HOUSE Employee Reviews

2.7Pay & Benefits
3.3Job Security & Advancement
Couldn't have asked for a better place to volunteer
Volunteer Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chineham, Hampshire18 June 2018
I volunteered here for a year as part of my Duke of Edinburgh award, which only required 3 months, but I continued because I loved it! The manager was really nice, and made the job of sorting stock and tidying up the shop floor way more fun that it should've been.
Pros
Discounts, flexible hours
Cons
Unpaid
Lovely staff
Volunteer Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eastleigh20 November 2017
Lovely staff! Excellent customer service and a lovely atmosphere. They made me feel very welcome during my voluntary work and provided free biscuits and drinks.
Pros
Very nice atmosphere
Cons
None!
Lovely place to work - shame about the politics
Head Office Staff (Former Employee) –  Sutton Scotney, Hampshire17 November 2017
It's a wonderful cause and a charity with great potential - but the HR department are the most biased people I have ever come across. There is a lack of company progression, trapped in the 1980s with their technology, shops and way of thinking. It's a real shame. On the upside, this job taught me to never trust senior management and to always expect a few snakes in the grass.
political and some bullying
Assistant Store Manager (temp) (Former Employee) –  Romsey, Hampshire13 September 2017
Area manager was a bit of bully. Some of the volunteers to work with but refused to deal with it, and instead blamed the staff.

During my interview one of the managers made comments about migrants. Some of the volunteers often make rascist remarks, gossip constantly and seem to do very little work.
love working here
shop assistant (Current Employee) –  chineham basingstoke3 November 2016
Lovely place to work and people are really friendly , has given me confidence in working with people , and has taught me how to do things like tagging items and using a till
N.House Shop
Shop Assistant (Current Employee) –  Southampton24 April 2014
Interesting place to do voluntary due to the various types of people met,both staff and customers, through doing the work, the general atmosphere is relaxed and friendly.
Fun
Charity collector (Current Employee) –  fareham 28 April 2013
I work as a charity collector meaning generally eveningwork, collecting money form those signed up to the round, all lovely people and although the job is only every five weeks and its sometimes cold and raining when i walk from each house it is such a rewarding job getting to meet some amazing people
Pros
Meeting amazing people
Cons
You don't see them often enough
great people, loved working there.
sales assistent (Former Employee) –  cosham14 September 2012
I meet lovely people i done it voulentry as i enjoy helping others.