Nando's Employee Reviews

Nice place to work
BUDDY TRAINER (Former Employee) –  London8 December 2017
Good Company. I had a very good experience there. The job is easy, you just need to learn the standars of the company and then everything flows. If you work in the grills or coordination is harder than the people who work in the floor, hosting or tills. In my opinion grillers and coordinators should earn more money than the rest. So, it is a good company but needs to improve in that thing. Salary could be better in general.
Pros
Free lunches, flexibility, good atmosphere.
Cons
Grillers and coordinators should be payed more than the other positions
Unfair
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands6 December 2017
The salary is good but it isn't worth the stress you get from customers and the unfair shifts you have, if you are going to work here then id recommend not being a student.
Pros
lunch
Cons
the hours you get
Fun and good work placement
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Falkirk, Falkirk4 December 2017
As a supervisor I am dealing with customers as well as being in charge of the shift. Day to day challenges have made me a better organised person as well as coping under pressure.
Life saver
Cashier/Waiter (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside30 November 2017
This job saved my life when I arrived to Liverpool and was unemployed. Didn't really know what to expect but everything was fine and the people there are lovely. It's a good place to work and I can't say any bad thing about it. Of course sometimes I don't like it that much especially when dealing with rude customers. But in general it is all sound.
Pros
Free meal any time you work four hours or longer
Very great place to work fun environment and ambitious to move with the times
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands29 November 2017
Great great company highly recommended , free food and drinks , from potwasher to restaurant manager the vibe and feel good factor is wicked, only reason I left because I missed been a kitchen manager not front of manager
Pros
Free food, great vibe, team ethic is fantastic
Cons
Couldn’t find one
griller and waiter (Former Employee) –  London28 November 2017
Fun but most of the time very demanding cos it is really busy. The most enjoyable part of the job is taking orders and serving customers and the hardest is probably doing the cleaning in the end of the evening shift. Ideal job for an student as it can be really flexible.
Pros
Free meals and drinks
Cons
unsociable hours
good and effective teamwork
Customer assistant (Current Employee) –  Bracknell, Berkshire28 November 2017
A typical day would consists of looking after customers and providing full customer satisfaction. Great teamwork and effective management by supporting the employers whenever needed. Team friendliness and 'down to earth' skills. Passionate about hospitality profession.
Fun work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  clink street27 November 2017
I liked the time I worked at Nando's. I was changed from unskilled to a skilled employee after few weeks. The staffs are friendly and likeable people. The work some times are bit much but with an effective team the job is lighter.
Pros
Free lunch with in a budget
Cons
Gets total busy at summer time
Fun work place but stressful and unsociable hours
Waiter (Current Employee) –  Kent27 November 2017
A lovely restaurant to work in, like one big family however be prepared to work until past midnight some nights. A massive bonus is the free lunches..
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Long, unsociable hours
Very nice and cheerful
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Camberwell, Greater London24 November 2017
First and best place ive work so far. Such good staff as management, always on top. Everyone hard-worker, enjoyable ambient with smooth music always. Very good vibes basically.
Pros
Near home
Waiter
Cashier and Runner (Former Employee) –  London22 November 2017
Large divide from the staff and managerial roles.
A lot of communication was lost as there were far too many managers and work environment could have been better.
productive and food workplace
Waiter/barman/barista (Former Employee) –  St Albans20 November 2017
st albans is my local branch and I have visited this branch many times. This place is always buzzing and busy. Food and customer service is absolutely fantastic. It is worth booking a table if you are planning on going on a friday or saturday night. Staff are extremely attentive and I want to say a special thank you
Pros
free lunches
Productive and exciting
Host (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire20 November 2017
Considering my job at Nandos was only work experience and lasted for a week i found it extremely interesting and learnt valuable lessons such as how to communicate with customers and many others
Pros
Free Lunches
Fun workplace
Waitress/Hostess (Current Employee) –  Leigh16 November 2017
Amazing company to work for, can't do enough for it's employees. You get free meals every shift, at least 3 free parties a year at big clubs in Liverpool/Manchester with drinks/transport paid for. Shifts are always enjoyable, staff are always friendly and managers actually care about their staff.
Pros
Free lunches, free parties
Cons
Shift work
Its fun for a while
Buddy Trainer (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London13 November 2017
This job could be enjoyable if u are lucky to find one which got a good management team and is not incredibly busy.
But still is better then most restaurant and they always looking for people.
Pros
free food, free gym, lots of young people
Cons
inexperienced managers, to many double shift
The management team is poor
Host (Current Employee) –  12-16 York way10 November 2017
The treatment revived by the employees from the managers is repulsive and utterly disgusting. They gave no respect and take advantage of those who are good to them.
Pros
Staff day out, staff party, free lunches
Cons
Inhumane managers
Nando's
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Telford, Shropshire8 November 2017
A great environment, great people to work with and a very hard-working, yet fun team of people. Great opportunities for progression along with a competitive salary.
Productive, Active & Fun.
Nandoca/Buddy (Current Employee) –  Enfield, Greater London7 November 2017
A typical day working in Nandos consists of greeting customers and getting them their table as quickly as possible, cooking & marinating chicken and serving customers and handling customer complaints myself if the manager is not necessarily needed.
Pros
Free meals, staff party's
Cons
The store I work at is located on a motorway so we always tend to be busy and have constant orders.
Productive & Fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Walsall6 November 2017
Great Benefits
Great Wage
Free Food
Advancement within company
Staff benefits
Great Family environment
Working hours aren't too bad, with all the benefits job provides, cant really complain.
staff great
2nd Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester5 November 2017
staff nice and friendly, get free food on breaks each shift, job can get very stressful at times also most hours worked are at weekends with that being most busiest time for trade.
Pros
Free food
Cons
low salary for hours worked

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nando's. Our community is ready to answer.