Nando's Employee Reviews

Best place to work
Buddy Trainer (Former Employee) –  Boldon Colliery5 October 2017
make friends for life, good laugh on shift
partys and staff days out every few month
free food and out of work events like pride, great north run and more
Pros
free lunch
Cons
not really a livable wage
good company
griller/cusomer service assistant part time (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London5 October 2017
Great staff, great deals and brilliant atmosphere I really enjoyed the grilling and customer service it was very easy and I really enjoyed every moment of it
Pros
free food and 30 min break
Enjoyable workplace
Host (Current Employee) –  Greenwich2 October 2017
It's a very enjoyable workplace and you're instantly welcomed and made to feel a part of the team. The free food is an obvious bonus but it's very hard to commit to a social life aswell because of the weekly Rotas and long hours/weekend shifts. I'd recommend working at Nando's part time as the pay is very good but it's hard to work there if you have a social life too.
Pros
Employees and diversity
Cons
Weekend shifts/no social life
overall working at nandos
Waitress - Part Time (Current Employee) –  Telford, Shropshire27 September 2017
working at Nandos is fun, they are family orientated, work around your flexibility and make sure you are okay with it
it can be stressful at times when it comes to rush hour.
Pros
Free food on your breaks
Cons
busy at rush hour
Fun workplace but very busy
Cross trained Nandos (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire27 September 2017
Really fast paced workplace. No work life balance. Can get very difficult. Customers are awful. Progression is non existent. Favouritism. Okay pay. Need people skills for this job
Pros
Free food
Cons
Long and unsociable hoids
Griller (Former Employee) –  High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire27 September 2017
I worked as a griller at the chicken restaurant nandos, my tasks included cooking the chicken and washing the dishes on some days; other days I grilled the cooked chicken and prepared the dish that customers ordered.In this job I learnt time management skills because i had to prepare the chicken in a reasonable amount of time for the customers
I also learnt people management skill, this came by compromising between what my manager wanted and what other staff members needed in regards to if chicken or dishes were needed immediately
Pros
Free lunches
Productive and organized
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Harlow, Essex25 September 2017
Is nice work place, nice people,and it have busy times which are very stressful. Very good management,very helpful. Nandos is good company if u are seaching for challenging position, and aswell u can develop there.
Muy buena empresa
Recepcionista y camarera (Former Employee) –  Reino unido, Inglaterra22 September 2017
Nando's es una cadena de restaurantes muy importante en Reino Unido, he trabajado para ellos durante un año y ascendido dentro de la empresa, he estado muy contenta y con buenas condiciones laborales pero era un trabajo de hostelería que me permitió adquirir un mayor nivel de inglés pero no estaba relacionado con mi formación.
Pros
seguro medico privado, vacaciones, promoción, idiomas
fun work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Crawley, West Sussex21 September 2017
People are nice and friendly. Very busy restaurant but management is good. Really good place to start somewhere and if you like to work fast and doing evening shift. And of course if you like customer service.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
really ling hours
work
Cashier/Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Harlow20 September 2017
I worked at Nando's as a cashier and hosting this required greeting customers and communicating with the kitchen. I was slo making sure the customers were aware about the offers that were applicable to them. I enjoyed this role as I could communicate with customers ensuring they were happy with there orders. I also took part in the maintenance of the restaurant to ensure it was ready for next available customer.
Pros
one meal a day
Cons
8 hours a day
fun and enjoyable
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton19 September 2017
i found working at nandos to be a enjoyable experience for the most part, after every shift you get free nandos and 30% off, i was made to feel welcome and part of the team straight away making friends on my first day, it is hard work but most definitely worth it.
Pros
free food and 30% off meals
Cons
can be there up til 2 in the morning if on a close
Easy to get along with staff
Nandoca (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire17 September 2017
Good job, being able to acquire a work/social life balance. The pay is good, however do not receive tips and can often involve staying late and being under pressure when there is a staff shortage
Good Environment, Fun staff
Cashier/Griller (Current Employee) –  Lakeside Shopping Centre, Essex8 September 2017
Whilst being at nandos for the past 2 years I have currently learned a lot about its service, environment and how it operates as a company. All the staff are very friendly and helpful and is a good culture to be around if you are young and wiling to work.
Fun and family based working environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Epsom, Surrey6 September 2017
Friendly and welcoming working environent. Very good at providing to individual needs with hours etc. Good care for employees and very good employee benefits.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Hard to improve position
Great company focused on its people and culture
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire2 September 2017
I would recommend anybody work at Nando's as they are so invested in their people and their heritage. As you progress, the work/life balance becomes a much smaller gap as with most companies and this is where the difficulty lies when it comes to your career. Staff parties and nights out are a regular thing and even trips abroad.
Fun place to work
Co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff1 September 2017
Great restaurant
Strong relationships with colleagues
All holiday and rota commitments are met
Can progress to supervisor or management roles
Stable career and company
Pros
Free lunch and work colleagues
Cons
Long hours and have to wash own uniform
Fun workplace.
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire31 August 2017
My main duties were waiting staff, serving customers and taking orders, serving food and preparing food. I was also making sure that customers felt welcome and comfortable during their meal. As a waitress I was greeting and welcoming customers as they arrived and showing them their table.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No cons
Fun workplace
Supervisor/Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Gatwick Airport Station, West Sussex25 August 2017
Very busy restaurant,
-life balance is poor
-Great company
-Awesome stuff
-Boring sometimes
-Not the best management
-I learned a lot being a leader
Pros
Free food
Cons
Long ahi
fun place to work
cashier, coordinator, host, runner... (Former Employee) –  sutton and epsom24 August 2017
Its a place in where you feel like at home. The armosphere its really fun and we enjoy every day when we are working there.
Every one can do everithig there so you can start working like cashier and be griller in not long time. In my opinion they give the chance to everyone to be warever they want.
Every year they do partys , day's out in where they make as feel part of nandos.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
long hours, no flexible rotas.
Poor area manager
Assistant Manager - Nando's (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire22 August 2017
They move managers around every restaurant creating a lack consistency in any restaurant, lack of positive management in area manager, she's very poor at her job and creates lots of negitive environment. Lots of general managers don't like working evenings or weekends, so that's given to assistant managers, but general managers can't lead by example. Board of directors want to do a good job and create a great place to work but poison in the ranks stops this.
Pros
Free lunches and benefits
Cons
Long hours, contract hours 48 but work 52

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nando's. Our community is ready to answer.