Nando's Employee Reviews

Cashier and Waitress (Current Employee) –  Gloucester, Gloucestershire28 May 2018
Education through sport enables kids to learn whilst playing sport. I was lucky enough to get a placement here. My job was to encourage disadvantaged kids to learn whilst playing sport. Helping them with CVS’s to coursework. Sports were spaced out evenly through the day and allowed kids to have a breather as well. I also helped to set up a teddy bears picnic for 2-4-year olds at the youth club, I had to collect money from the mums on arrival, I feel like this gave me a sense of responsibility.
Pros
free lunches
Fun workplace and safe
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London23 May 2018
Nice and good place to have a career, they give the chance to grow on the company and feeling part of the family. Nice and good work environment. Nice colleagues and manager.
Pros
Holidays
Cons
Long shifts
good company
IT Technician (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London22 May 2018
good company,

very relaxed place to work

good culture

free chicken

not sure what else to write so im just filling this out with random words
productive and fun place to work
Nandoca (Former Employee) –  White City, Greater London22 May 2018
My role included greeting customer and seating them as well as taking their order at the tills, serving them their orders and cold and hot beverages such as coffee, tea, wine spirits. As an employee of Nando’s it was my duty to ensure customers receive great service whilst complete the task at hand as quickly as possible, which helped me improved my multitasking skills.
It was productive and a fun enviroment to work in
I was working long hours (Former Employee) –  Bath21 May 2018
My review of Nandos

i was working 3 t 4 days a week earning 8.50 an hour but finishing way to late sometimes at 12 at night i was only 16 at the time but if asked now i would work the same hours if i had too
Pros
I was given free meals on my breaks
Cons
very long hours sometimes i would be colosing at 12 oclock aty night
Eh, it was alright.
Cashier/Waitress (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London18 May 2018
I'm a student so they were originally quite flexible with my work times and was able to change my shifts each week if necessary which was good. Pay was nice and some of my work colleagues were nice people. The benefits were the staff meals but there were a couple serious cons. They try to include everyone in staff parties and event day outs, but it's also quite 'cliquey' and often hired friends of friends or people they knew.

The lengths of the shifts sometimes could be horrible, as in 11am starts and I wouldn't leave until 1/1:30am the next day. Management can be extremely cocky and take the job too seriously, communication between them is often poor. Sometimes didn't listen when I said I couldn't work certain days and it took very passive aggressive messages before they listened. Eventually I realised it's not worth the stress for me because it was only part time work around school.
Pros
Staff meals, Good pay
Cons
Long hours, not enough breaks, stressful, awful management
Best catering company to work for
Buddy Trainer (Former Employee) –  Aylesbury13 May 2018
Fun family environment to work for. Can progress within the company quickly. Great atmosphere in every restaurant to eat & work at
So many pros to work for Nandos.
Worldwide company have about 450 restaurants and still growing
They do a lot for charity,
Pros
Free lunch, in/out door parties & like your second family
Cons
Not every store the same eg vibe
very good place to work for young people and old.
griller/team leader (Current Employee) –  St David's12 May 2018
everything great about this company fun place to work,good pay free food hardworking managers and balanced life. highly recommend anyone to this place.
Fun but terrible management
Buddy Trainer (Current Employee) –  London East, Greater London8 May 2018
In my time at Nando's I saw around 15 different managers in my Nando's every six month is like a whole new management team. But Nando's is very fun to work for and lots of parties. However, there are not a lot of benefits. One good benefit is you can transfer store depending on your location which is easy.
Pros
Free lunch, fun teams, parties
Cons
Long hours, Lots of cleaning, poor management
Fun place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Peterborough8 May 2018
Amazing team, everyone got on and was supportive of one another. able to progress in my career due to support and friendships built within the company.
Pros
free food!
fun working place
CASHIER (Current Employee) –  greenwich cutty sark5 May 2018
Working in Nando under the management at my store is amazing .
A typical day at work is running a busy shift when you at constantly on your feet for 4 straight hours and time passes by so quickly because you are so buried in doing the job right supporting your team members in keeping the store moving with high standard of customer service delivery. The team work is awesome and very encouraging.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
requires hardwork and diligence
Ok place to work
Nandoca (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes3 May 2018
Can get very stressful but is expected to be in this kind of environment, learned a fair amount regarding food safety and general restaurant hygiene as hadn't worked in a restaurant before. people are polite and work as a team
Fun Workplace
Cashier & Host (Former Employee) –  London29 April 2018
when i started working here, it was very welcoming and everyone was very willing to help you get used to the work place. i learned how to deal with a great deal of customers as well as working with many staff members and learning to stay calm and professional in busy time periods like Christmas.
Pros
Free lunch or dinner worth £10
Cons
Can have long shifts, and VERY busy
Awful place to work
Griller (Former Employee) –  Dorset29 April 2018
Might as well got a job as a cleaner, four hours from last orders to getting out of the dammed place absolutely ridiculous probably OK if your a robot.
Pros
Free chicken which isn't even that good
Cons
Long hours, ridiculous clean down
Hard work but rewarding
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Telford27 April 2018
They will work you to the ground but reward you greatly for it, great team, great management and generally an awesome company to work for. kind of gutted I left and haven't found somewhere else that meets the nandos standards.
Very good company to work for
Griller (Former Employee) –  York, North Yorkshire25 April 2018
They always give you the time, not a job for slow workers as you have to be quick and alert. Great staff and managers, Great food, overall a great company with free days out.
not good
Nando's Cashier (Former Employee) –  Maidstone23 April 2018
the manager tere sexually harrased me and got himself investigated it took me a while to get back into work after this happened with trust issues but am happy now
muy divertido
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  bristol20 April 2018
Donde aprendi lo que es hosteleria. conocido ahi la mejor gente y las mejores condiciones. muy buena experiencia para quien va a empezar en hosteleria
Pros
comida, nomina
Cons
nada
Very good place to learn
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Llantrisant, Rhondda Cynon Taff18 April 2018
Very fun place to work the people at so nice there and the chicken is free when you work the shift very good job to develop skills which you didn’t know you have
Pros
Free chicken
great workplace
Server/Waitress (Former Employee) –  London17 April 2018
best place to work as fist job , fun , loud ,fast , mixed team , great food and music .
the vibe is always amazing
theres no a day working for Nandos that you will be sad or bored .
Pros
free meals
Cons
low salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nando's. Our community is ready to answer.