Nando's Employee Reviews

Found 847 reviews matching the search See all 1,690 reviews
Sort by: Helpfulness | Rating | Date
4.0
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
fun workplace
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire26 July 2018
very calm and relaxed, good, nice , wonderful very cool awesome amazing ingenious hilarious. it was awesome this is really funny i'm glad that i've now wasted you time
Was this review helpful?Yes 2No 2Report
5.0
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Become part of a family
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Thurrock25 July 2018
Nicest management I've ever experienced, busy work days. Hospitality is key within this workplace although there is always help if you need it. Training is thorough.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Busy
Was this review helpful?Yes 4No 1Report
4.0
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Posibilidad de cubrir puestos variados, gran multitud de clientes, facilidad de ascender
Camarero de sala, barista, cajas y líder de grupo (Former Employee) –  Londres, Reino Unido22 July 2018
Un sitio muy dinámico, se dedicaban a la comida rápida pero estilo restaurante. Casi siempre abarrotado, así que debías adaptarte a los cambios de ritmo.
Podías ser entrenado y poder cubrir puestos diferentes, como por la mañana estar en sala, tardes en cajas registradoras, cuando te necesitaban pasabas a cocina más el grill para cubrir descansos de los demás. O bien al revés, puesto principal cocina y grill, y a veces en caja. En este tipo de sitios, al final lo que más te conviene es ir cambiando y poder aprender nuevas cosas.
Los clientes de la zona no puedo decir que eran los más pacientes que podrías tener pero la mayoría visitaban el local al menos una vez por semana, así que tuve tiempo de conocerles mejor y ofrecer un trato más personalizado. De esta manera recibí maravillosos feedbacks que en muy pocos sitios de comida rápida se podrían conseguir.
Esta empresa era considerada una de las mejores valoradas para trabajar en hostelería. Mantenían un cuidado especial del personal, los gerentes eran cercanos y atentos, siempre echandote una mano. Su propósito era crear un equipo de trabajo estable y fiel, cosa que con un arduo trabajo consiguieron la mayor parte del tiempo.
Lo que muchos agradecían era la gran y facilidad posibilidad de ascender, ya que era una compañía multinacional y siempre con puestos vacantes. Si eres un amante de la hostelería, del pollo con patatas y de vivir cambios culturales todos los días, éste es tu sitio perfecto para comenzar en Londres. Muy recomendado.
Ya no me quedan palabras para describir qué magnífica oportunidad me ofrecieron en
  more... Nandos.  less
Pros
Facilidad de ascender, salario generoso, comidas gratis, mucha gente que te cuida
Cons
Los cambios drásticos del ritmo de la jornada llega a afectar mucho el ánimo del personal, pasando por grandes cantidades de estrés a diario
Was this review helpful?YesNo 1Report
5.0
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
fun place to work
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Wolverhampton18 July 2018
I do enjoy working for this organisation. you will meet life long friends. you get a free meal every time you work and have a break in between shifts.
Was this review helpful?Yes 2No 1Report
5.0
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Productive and fun workplace
Waitress / front of house / kitchen assistant (Former Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire16 July 2018
Nando’s was an excellent place to work, I believe I gained vital skills in order to start a job elsewhere and improved my work ethic significantly, they’ve definitely prepared me for further work positions.
Pros
Free / discounted lunches, Nice & supportive staff, friendly environment
Was this review helpful?Yes 3NoReport
5.0
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Nandos
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire15 July 2018
Nandos as a company always look out for its staff.
you are always cared for and if you need help it is guaranteed.
Not only do you meet frineds for life there but evryone has a sense of family due to the nandos values which they install from you from youre first day.
Pros
meal every shift, holiday pay, discount (40% in week)
Cons
harder to progress, hours
Was this review helpful?YesNoReport
2.0
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Not the place for a worklife balance.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  London15 July 2018
No work-life balance. Unessescarly stressful and bad management. Overly staffed with no real direction on what the patros vision for the restaurants I've have been part of. Everyone just seems to go with the flow which creates a sense of Nandoca's (team members) being the general manager without the experience or knowledge to do so.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Everything else
Was this review helpful?Yes 2NoReport
3.0
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Fast paced fun work place
Front of House & Trainer (Former Employee) –  Kingston upon Hull12 July 2018
Great place to work if you are looking to progress in the food industry. Lots of fun benefits including regular staff days out and parties. Ideal for the younger generation and students.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Late nights
Was this review helpful?Yes 2NoReport
5.0
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Great company to work for with strong advancement opportunities
Buddy Trainer (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh12 July 2018
I loved working here and never would have left if I was not moving. Even though it can be highly stressful at times, I always left feeling good and made a family for myself there.
Pros
Great teamwork, supportive management
Cons
Long hours, sometimes horrible customers
Was this review helpful?Yes 1NoReport
5.0
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
great place
griller/Buddy trainer (Former Employee) –  Colchester11 July 2018
this was one of my favorite jobs you meet somany new and amazing people, theres so much room for progression and great benifits would love to work back there
Pros
great people
Cons
hot enviroment
Was this review helpful?Yes 1NoReport
4.0
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Not recomanded
Kitchen Staff (Current Employee) –  Coventry10 July 2018
I can honestly say that working at Nando's means working in a stressful environment, due to always having chaotic shifts and working later than your supossed shift (e.g 4:30pm - 03:30 am).
Pros
Food
Cons
Management
Was this review helpful?YesNoReport
5.0
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Metrocentre, Tyne and Wear9 July 2018
enjoyable place to work with a good atmosphere and friendly environment. lots of opportunity to develop skills and progress within the company if you wish.
Was this review helpful?Yes 1NoReport
4.0
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
To be a griller at Nando´s
Grill Chef (Current Employee) –  Bristol2 July 2018
A Griller at Nando's, let's just say it's the key to the restaurant as he cooks, grills, and washes everything.
If you are on duty in the kitchen you have to go cooking, washing keeping the hygiene levels necessary for the preparation, above all keeping the workplace always clean and disinfected.
If you are in the service of the front or back Grill you must always be aware of the conditions of food in stock (Temperatures and quality) and execute all orders in the shortest time. Maintain hygiene levels necessary for food handling.
At the end of the day cleaning requires much attention needed for the next day.
A job with moments of great stress.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Long shifts
Was this review helpful?Yes 3NoReport
4.0
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
fun workplace for students flexible for studying
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear1 July 2018
This is fun workplace very busy so always on the go and time passes really quickly. Easy to make friends and be sociable too always planning days out for members of staff and nights out too.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
long days
Was this review helpful?Yes 2NoReport
4.0
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Productive and amazing company.
Nandoca (Current Employee) –  Warrington1 July 2018
At nandos everyone is passionate about providing good quality food and good quality experiences. FRom the managers to the floor or griller team each individual will put in 100% effort to ensure that the shift runs smoothly. This job is idea if you are a student and need to work part time as they are very flexible.
Was this review helpful?Yes 3NoReport
4.0
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Friendly work place
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire1 July 2018
i only did my work experience here but it was a great experience from me as i was able to develop my communication and teamwork skills further as the atmosphere is so friendly
Pros
free lunches
Cons
too much staff
Was this review helpful?YesNoReport
5.0
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Fantastic employer.
Grill Chef (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside28 June 2018
Great work life balance, Great food, staff are helpful along with management!

Sometimes the job can be tedious, but it's a consistent workplace.

Hours are good for work/life balance.
Pros
free nandos!
Cons
sometimes tedious.
Was this review helpful?Yes 2NoReport
3.0
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Average job
Nandoca (Former Employee) –  Liverpool25 June 2018
this job has long hours, often late and you don't feel valued as an employee. Although I expected more, it really was not a good working enviroment. :(
Was this review helpful?Yes 3No 1Report
3.0
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
its okay if you get along with management.
Nandoca (Former Employee) –  Nottingham23 June 2018
Management would treat different members of staff differently for example some staff would be breaking their back at work whilst other staff are sat in the office having a natter when its busy. makes staff think they're under appreciated and theres obvious favouritism. management were a little hypocritical especially the main boss. pay was good minimum wage and staff meals provided when on shift. however some staff and management didn't seem to pull their weight which was unfair on everyone else.
Pros
free meals / no experience required
Cons
management
Was this review helpful?Yes 4No 1Report
4.0
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Good workplace
Griller (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton22 June 2018
The staff and management are great and easy to get along with. Unfortunately some of the feedback may be inconsistent. At my 8 week review I was notified of areas I would require to make improvements upon but was reassured that those areas required time and experience to get used to and that it wasn't a major issue for the time being. At the beginning of my first shift of week 9 I was informed that my performance in those same areas was now a major issue that could not be overlooked. Such feedback is very conflicting and is a sign of poor management. As a whole nandos is an amazing place to work. But this one flaw can lead to an unsatisfactory work life.
Pros
Free meal with each shift
Cons
Inconsistent feesback from managers
Was this review helpful?Yes 3NoReport
Claimed Profile

Want to know more about working here?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nando's. Our community is ready to answer.

Ask a Question

Overall rating

4.0
Based on 1,690 reviews
5614
4598
3359
275
144

Ratings by category

3.6Work/Life Balance
3.4Salary/Benefits
3.7Job Security/Advancement
3.6Management
4.0Culture