Nando's Employee Reviews

Miserable
Hostess/Waitress (Former Employee) –  North West18 January 2018
Sub-par management, say goodbye to your social life and god help you if you're a student because they don't care at all. Insane favouritism and all the customers are absolute riff-raff. Thankless job with no tips and you get sick of the free meals, trust me.
Pros
decent people to work with, living wage employer
Cons
where to start
Productive and enjoyable work environment.
Griller (Former Employee) –  552 Mile End Rd, London E3 4PL16 January 2018
The staff are friendly and the eager to help you learn. I fund it to be a value work experience, I find the online courses to be very informative and easy to understand.
Pros
Free meal with every shift.
Cons
You eat too much chicken!!
Productive and fun place to work
Nandoca (Former Employee) –  Inverness, Highland15 January 2018
It was good fun working at Nando's met loads of new peopel. It was a good experience different to any of the other jobs I've done. It was good over all.
Pros
Free food every shift
Boring. Unsociable
Griller (Current Employee) –  Basildon, Essex15 January 2018
Not a good place to work. Same lifestyle never changing. Rude managers late times of getting out at night. Tired all the time very stressfull. Band also very demoting and angry upset.
great place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bristol14 January 2018
working in a food industry gives you many pleasures meeting new people trying new foods and getting along with the people you work with and enjoying the passion
Pros
free lunch
Best place to work
Griller / Buddy Trainer (Former Employee) –  Bedford14 January 2018
Best place to work, left only because I wanted to progress as a chef. Will never forget amazing time that I had working for Nando's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pros
Paid Brakes, Good Rotas, Fair Management, Feel Respected
Cons
Could offer more possibilities for chefs to grow
Good experience
Supervisor/Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk13 January 2018
It is been my first job in England and I just can say it wouldn´t be a better place to start. Amazing people to work with and enjoyable work environement. Thanks to work face to face with costumers has improve my language and social skills.
I started in the kitchen as a griller and in one year I become supervisor. It wasn´t easy because working in a kitchen is always hard and stressfull. I asked to be moved to the floor and raise in the company and they saw potencial in me. I tried to not to dissapoint them and follow the philosophy of never give up.
Pros
Free lunches and free range holidays
It can improve
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Stratford11 January 2018
I learned how to work in coordination as a team, I also push myself to get my goal as soon as I could.
I had no experience operating till systems and they didn't hello me much, I had to push myself because they don't feed your ambition.
Fun and productive
Restaurant Cashier (Former Employee) –  London9 January 2018
The working environment was very friendly. There were occasions where it can be very busy however the team and management are more often than not supportive.
Pros
Free luches
Cons
Unsocial hours
Definitely company to work for
Restaurant supervisor (Former Employee) –  London / Gatwick Airport, West Sussex9 January 2018
I was promoted to restaurant supervisor in less than half a year, learned how to manage restaurant using HACCP learned COSH and alot more useful things
Pros
Free Nandos on shift
Cons
Weekend are Mondays and Tuesdays
Fun workplace
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Shirley, West Midlands3 January 2018
The company is good to work for as they look after all of their staff well and there are lots of benefits and there is a good family vibe within the restaurants
Pros
Food on shift, paid breaks, uniform provided, parties throughout the year, discount on days off
Cons
Unsociable hours
custmos services
o Customer service (Former Employee) –  London3 January 2018
in nandos its a good job for work, there you can improve for ingles and your can do good friends. nandos teach you how its the job worlds
Very good management.there we work live a good time.
Want another job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  London1 January 2018
Is a job like any other job, but in the past few months I just want to find another job, because I don't agree with their policy.
Is not my pleasure to work for them anymore.
Development
Job Role - Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Stevenage30 December 2017
In the work environment there is a real buzz. Food is good if you have the right team on with proactive people the shifts are quite easy.
I learned about the importance of developing a rapor with loyal customers as you leave an imprint on them even after you make the choice to leave the company. They always remember you and they are the central point to any business. The culture and roots of the company is very interesting.
Management in terms of my experience is quite unfair and biased.
Hardest part of the job is having to motivate everyone (although it comes naturally for me) it can still at times be a challenge.
Enjoyable part of the job is the customers.
Pros
Paid breaks, free food, staff parties, having a laugh with the customers
Cons
Not much support or growth for my own development even when committed. No fairness
my favourite
Griller and General assistant Duties (Former Employee) –  bristol cribbs causeway23 December 2017
Definitely the place to work if you love chicken. worked on the grills and was in charge of keeping the restaurant clean and tidy learned lots and would love to be part of the company again in the future if given the opportunity.
Pros
food
Terrible Management/mean staff
Front of House Staff (Former Employee) –  Nottingham showcase22 December 2017
I worked at the Nando’s in Nottingham showcase, they dish out rota’s without knowing your availability. Some staff bully new staff. Poor working environment, Unbothered Patrao. If you’re a student don’t bother going to that branch because it’s not flexible.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Poor work ethics, poor management, terrible staff
Busy fast pace environment
Store trainer (Former Employee) –  London18 December 2017
This is a busy fast pace environment lace to work where no 2 days are the same with lots of different challenges everyday. It is a place for career focused people that want to go up in the ladder.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Excellent workplace with amazing staff
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  West Midlands12 December 2017
Brilliant company with excellent attitude towards the people that make the chicken. Free food on shift and regional events throughout the year with lots of room for personal growth.
Fun work place
First Assistant (Current Employee) –  Balham, Greater London10 December 2017
The only reason ,i'm looking for a different job is because of the distance and i need a job near me.I need to be able to spend time with my family.So i don't have spend a lot of my time commute.
Pros
free luch
productive and fun
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  london9 December 2017
Everyone can have their own personal experience mine was excellent
management very friendly
multicultural
not any typical workplace
learned many different things
Pros
lunch alowance
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nando's. Our community is ready to answer.