Nando's Employee Reviews

Fun
Nandoca (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands1 November 2017
Enjoyable place to work and the free food is amazing. Managers are very understanding and friendly. The nandoca pledge is pretty difficult to learn but very benificial.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
4 hour shifts
productive and fun workplace
Waiting staff (Current Employee) –  East Kilbride, South Lanarkshire1 November 2017
Nando's is an excellent place to work! Your typical work day is never boring, it is an enjoyable, happy, very loud work place. They management team are some of the best I have ever had, they can be serious when they have to but are also are fun to be around or a good shoulder to cry on. The staff in Nando's are all one team and we love to soak up as much of the Nando's background and workplace culture as we can. I would say the hardest part of the job would of been at the start trying to learn the roles between being on a customer front on the floors to cooking the food in the back was difficult but with the help of your team mates and management you will never struggle and you pick it up really fast. The most enjoyable part on working in Nando's is definitely the social side of the job, all the staff have such a good relationship we always have a good laugh! every few months we have a team build to bring us closer together and through summer and Christmas all the stores in the region have a night out for "Regionals" so they give back to us what we give to them in work.
Pros
Free food or Discounted food
Cons
Long late hours
Long hours, Fun and good experience
Hostess/Waitress (Current Employee) –  Newport City Centre, Newport1 November 2017
Nandos as a company are brilliant to work for. Management look after you and work around your availability. They provide contracts and more hours If wanted. I've learnt a lot through working for them and have been here just over 2 years now. But I'm ready for new opportunities and work in a different type of industry.
Pros
Paid breaks
Cons
Longs Hours (If full time)
Good
Buddy Trainer (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London31 October 2017
Very good comapany. I was working part of the team. I've been working there for 1 year and a half, and I've been promoted! It's a very good place to work
Nice environment to work in
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Manchester28 October 2017
It was very nice environment to work in with a family feel to the workforce. If it ever became challenging we all worked together to ensure the restaurant was able to function. Easy to talk to managers and voice your opinions as there was also a team rep.
Pros
Free food when working shifts
productive
Host/Griller (Former Employee) –  hempsted28 October 2017
i learned about using the till and how to serve in a good manor. using the correct customer serves skills required for the job. teaching me how to deal with different situations in the day to day situations. learning about food hi-gene.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Best company to work for
Cashier/Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Exeter25 October 2017
I’ve worked for quite few companies mostly chains but I’ve never seen anything like Nandos , nandos cares about their employees no matter what position you’re in you get regional xmas parties or random nights out paid for you do work hard but you are paid off
Pros
Well run company
Cons
Hard work
Manager problems
Cashier (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London23 October 2017
Overall nandos is a good place to work at but I feel that the management care more about making money and the store than their staff, have a tendency not to treat staff like people and more like machines. Management always care more about saving their bonuses and making their shift easier than how their staff are doing or anything going on in staff lives.
Cons
Over worked
Fun workplace
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Loughton23 October 2017
Fun to work at due to staff but you can feel under pressure due to how little staff that can be on a shift and can be very stressful with the hours and with certain customers
Pros
Free food on breaks
Cons
Unsociable hours
Productive and fun environment.
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Ealing Broadway Station22 October 2017
I enjoyed working with Nandos and it gave me the experience I needed to go on to work in another restaurant. I only worked there for two weeks as it was part of experience required for my prince of trust course. They asked me to stay on but I found another job closer to me.
Pros
free lunch and experience
Cons
Exciting and well managed work place
Host/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Staines-upon-Thames17 October 2017
Nandos believes in the practice that of happy employees means happy customers, it strives to make work place more fun and more
life balanced for their employees, I love working in an enviroment that takes care and respects each indviual and it helps them imporve and evolve their careers and also pushes them to better themselves.
Pros
Free lunches, amazing rotas, friendly teams and good managment
Cons
Long hours and low salary
terrible
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Croydon17 October 2017
the people that worked there where rude. they never treated any other colleagues with respect and the management was terrible. the hardest part of the job was using the meat cleaver to cut the chicken. but then again, this was a few years ago.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
disrespectful collegues
Productive and fun workplace
Host/Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Feltham16 October 2017
A typical day at Nando's would vary depending on the position i would work on the given day. My positions at Nando's are: Griller, Host, Cashier & Floor. There is a strong management team at Nando's that encourage you to push yourself in hopes of finding your true potential and making sure that you are comfortable and happy at work. The workplace culture is diverse in terms of different backgrounds, however the company does arrange all types of indoor and outdoor activities for the purpose of breaking the ice between employees and helping get to know one another. The most enjoyable part of working at Nando's is the welcoming environment to work in as employees at Nando's treat each other as family so the working morale is high. The hardest part about Nando's is how busy the restaraunt gets during peak hours because the speed of service has to increase, whilst at the same time, having to maintain the level of profession and quality of service and food.
Pros
Free Nando's for lunch
Fun Workplace
Griller and Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Romford, Greater London16 October 2017
Amazing job. most likely will be the best job i ever have. the people are great and its an amazing company to wok for. i will miss working for Nando's once i find a new job.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
weekend working
Fun at times
Buddy Trainer (Current Employee) –  London15 October 2017
This job can be fun and a nightmare at times, staff are very friendly as well are the managers but it is clear that managers have favorites and it creates tension at times within the working environment.
Productive but very fast paced
Waiter/Coordinator/Griller (Former Employee) –  Telford13 October 2017
Nandos is a very popular place to eat. This sometimes makes things very difficult for the staff that are on at the time. Just a small mistake from 1 person can cause huge consequences that lead to customers becoming unhappy with the wait times and/or service. Most days I would be at work, the restaurant would be packed and it meant that people had to make sure that they kept up. If one person fell behind everyone did because they would have to wait for that person to catch up before being able to carry on what they were doing.
Pros
Free food whilst on shift and big discounts when not working
Cons
Can be there until 2am if on closes
Good
Till Operator and Waiter (Current Employee) –  Belfast11 October 2017
Good company to work with. The management are generally lovely people who genuinely care about your wellbeing.
The pay is above minimum wage for me. However, the working times can be annoying.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Unsociable Hours
Ok company as a stepping stone into something bigger
Nandoca (Former Employee) –  Telford10 October 2017
Nandos Was a great company to work for to gain confidence in myself and what I'm able to achieve in my personal life goals, not so good at being able to progress within the company unless you fit in with a click of a few people. Seems to be they want to employee a lot of younger staff to keep up with Nando's being aimed at younger adults where as sometimes thats not always the case because of some of the staff being so young they don't take work as serious they see it as a laugh and joke and don't see why they should have to do some of the jobs expected of them but then also a lot of older members of staff are the same there is nothing in place for people not to just keep passing on jobs everyone just wants to pass it on until no one does it. the work life balance is awful! you can work one day 12-9 next day 10-2 following day 6-10 and always be all over the place and then the rota isn't normally done until the saturday or Sunday for the next monday so there is no way of planning, They don't actually stand by the nando's values
Pros
wage confidence friends
Cons
management work life balance expectations
good if you need fast money
Griller (Former Employee) –  Belfast6 October 2017
Job work/life balance; very unsocial hours (closing shift means you're on until midnight) and sometimes they would have you opening again the next morning at 10am.

Salary/benefits; weekly pay

Management; they have their favourites
Pros
free lunch, weekly pay
Cons
long unsocial hours
Very nice workplace
Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Watford, Hertfordshire5 October 2017
It's a very good company, nice stuff and mangers, the food it's alright. Hard work and funny at the same time. It was a very nice experience for me for learn the english and meet new people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nando's. Our community is ready to answer.