Nando's Employee Reviews

It's a good place to start but if you're good you're screwed
Host (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London4 April 2018
Managers will take advantage of your good work and ask you to do more and more without actually paying you any extra. However, the people working there were really nice.
Pros
Meals, cool colleagues
Cons
Short breaks, poor management
Amazing
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Broughton, Flintshire3 April 2018
Loved working in such a fast pace environment, staff were always friendly and helpful. The managers were always really friendly and understanding, Nandos treat their workers amazingly.
Fun, family feel with a caring management team!
Nandoca --> Buddy Trainer --> Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, Derbyshire30 March 2018
I worked at Nando's for about 3 years before deciding to pursue my dream of becoming a Pilot. I had had many jobs before that, mainly in the restaurant industry and they don't even come close. I worked every side of the restaurant (floor, grills, back of house), in multiple restaurants across multiple regions, and even into management. Nando's is a great company to work for.

Wage: minimum wage for a 25 year old, regardless of age.

FREE FOOD: If, like me, you are young and broke, you will love this! They give you AT LEAST one meal per shift you do and multiple meals depending on your shift length.

Breaks: You are GUARANTEED at least one break (as long as your shift is longer than 4.5 hours). Breaks are also paid for on your full wage too!

Personal Development & Career Progression: Nando's recognise the desire for progression in their employees and strive to bring out the best in them. Doesn't matter if its confidence issues or personal battles Nando's want to see you excel and really help you to achieve whatever goal you may have.

Staff days/nights out & Regional parties: Every few months Nando's holds big regional parties in a privately hired venue with pre-paid drinks and a chance to let your hair down, meet new people and catch up with friends from different restaurants.

Meeting new people: After a while of working in your restaurant you may be asked to cover a shift in another restaurant in the region, either by yourself or with friends from your restaurant. this is a great opportunity to make new friends then when you go to your regional parties you
  more... have an even better time!

Great Management: The managers hired by Nando's are based on their character as well as their ability to perform. Gaining that perfect balance of friend and colleague happens naturally and therefor naturally makes you want to become a better employee.

Contracted Hours: Nando's refuse to offer 0 hour contracts and therefor you are guaranteed hours every week. This means going to the bank to apply for a loan or credit card, getting a living space of your own etc is not a problem! Also puts your mind at ease knowing you have guaranteed hours coming up!

Nando's realise that if your staff are happy, their customers are happy. So what are you waiting for? Find your sense of Pride, Passion, Courage, Integrity and Family now! (You'll get what I mean by that when you apply! ;) )
Pros
Everything listed!
Cons
Doesn't include overtime unfortunately
Nando's
Nandoca (Current Employee) –  Hamilton29 March 2018
I have always had a lot of passion for Nando's as a company to work for and I was never shy of highlighting my enjoyment towards my job. After working in Nando's for almost five years, certain aspects of the job started to change. These changes started to develop over the last year causing many staff members to lose motivation and the determination towards making our store great.
The values that Nando's once had started to wear off on every employee, including myself. The only concept of our store that was keeping my own drive towards making the store better was the customers. Over the years my customer relations grew and delevoped, and i was able to help create a standard that promoted happiness for the customers that continued to use our store.
The hardest part of the job is attempting to make other employees enjoy their job more,and trying to help the team work better together in order to provide a moral that everyone should promote.
Other than various issues that occurred within the team itself, nando's as a whole is a fantastic company to work for and the management team are by far the most caring and understanding group of individuals, which is why i have hesitated leaving until now.
Pros
Customers, understanding and loving management team, opportunity to grow within the company
Cons
other staff members attitudes towards their job and the company
customer service
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lincoln28 March 2018
i had thoroughly enjoying my time working at nandos as i have gained experience in dealing with customers and service in general. The hours have been some what of a struggle in regards to my personal time for painting however I have managed to balance the two .
Pros
good music
Cons
management
productive
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Leicester27 March 2018
it was a good place to work. I learned to work in busy place and how to deal with all different customers. I developed my skills and confidence while working here.
productive
griller (Former Employee) –  Yorkshire27 March 2018
Nandos were a nice place to work, the co-workers were kind and willing to help. I would recommend to work there to someone who wants to start in the hospitality business.
Ottima Compagnia di ristorazione
Assistente vice Direttore ristorante (Former Employee) –  london21 March 2018
E' stata una esperenzia molto importante sia dal punto di vista personale sia lavorativo.
Le giornate erano lunghe ma sempre interessanti.
L'ambiente di lavoro è molto professionale e i rapporti lavorativi, anche ai vertici, erano sempre molto amichevoi e piacevoli.
Chicken.
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Huntingdon21 March 2018
Was an ok job team was very clicky so sometimes hard to communicate. Managers where ok just again had there favourites. Didn’t really listen to hours I could work always put me on ones I couldn’t do.
Pros
Free lunches and discounts
Cons
Hours where ones I couldn’t always work.
Amazing
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester14 March 2018
This place is home
Based and ran on family values.
Up beat atmosphere amazing team and on the go job and demanding but exciting............................
Pros
The people
Cons
Some customers

Want to know more about Nando's?

Ask a question
Perfect for Students who want a balanced work life and personal life
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Camberley14 March 2018
Nando's are a really flexible company especially for students as they allow the employees a flexible work hour accordingly. The salary is also minimum wages for everyone regardless of age therefore young people who are searching for a good paying job, this is definitely for them.
Fun environment
Nandoca (Former Employee) –  Merry Hill13 March 2018
This was my second job. I was still at college and heading off to uni and they were really understanding and supportive. The staff are brutally honest but are always willing to help and train new staff. I loved working here and the wage was great, the only downside being the finishing touches.
Good with hours, relatively flexible and lunch meals always provided.
Pros
Free food, friendly staff, nice environment.
Cons
Long-ish hours, lack of details.
Great coworkers
WAITER (Former Employee) –  Bath9 March 2018
My brother let me get a work experience at Nandos and i found the staff i worked with to be friendly and cooperative. I gained an insight into the working world and gained so many skills from it
Pros
Lovely workers
Cons
Quick paced
Good Company
Staff Trainer (Former Employee) –  North West8 March 2018
I really enjoy general work days, its a fun relaxed atmosphere.I have gained many skills from here. The hardest part of the job is dealing with hungry customers!
Good Company
Nandoca (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands7 March 2018
Thoroughly enjoyed the team I worked with and although holiday was difficult to book, every shift, including stressful ones were enjoyable. The pay was very good as everyone is on the same hourly rate (2017 - £7.20) which was brilliant as I was 19 at the time.
Pros
Free lunches, try to fit around your availability, fun to work at.
Cons
Sometimes shifts can be long and holidays can be hard to book
Best job for students
Cashier/Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sutton7 March 2018
Nando's is fun to work, however it requires a lot of hard work and you willing to take long shifts and to work weekends, mostly. There are opportunities for promotion. You get free food in your brakes, and they last between 20-30 mins long, depending on how many hours you're working in a shift.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Long hours, hard work
All fun and interactive
Griller-Cashier (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, England6 March 2018
Wonderful place to work in, Absolutely amazing management, wonderful staff. Total team effort, and amazing coordination, and delivering the satisfactory service to the customers. Happy Customers is good for business. lovely place to work in.
Pros
all the time free food for the workers.
Cons
You smell like chicken (one become foody!)
an energetic and family driven restaurant.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford1 March 2018
A place full of fond memories. The work environment was very true to the Nando's ethos of 'family'. the relationship between the management and staff is one of the best i have experienced in any restaurant i've visited, let alone worked at.
Pros
generous free lunches, discount, fair breaks, easy to get to
Cons
late nights, can be very busy, incosistent training throughout the staff
Bad managed place
Waitress/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Leicester26 February 2018
It was such a good work place until all the best managers left and they hired new ones. They all act like they have been there forever making new rules and changes. Very unorganised. Managers being late to their own shift (1,5h) but they expect staff to be there on time! They send people home on a busy shifts - expecting you to do 3 people’s job.

Nandos if you want the restaurant to succeed you need to be careful who you hire as a manager because some can not MANAGE.
Pros
free lunch, paid breaks, team
Cons
favourism, bad managers
Efficient and friendly work environement
Front of House Staff (Current Employee) –  London22 February 2018
I look forward to coming to work. I meet new people everyday, I manage all 45 tables in the restaurant dealing with friendly and disrespectful customers. On a busy day it's the most exciting but stressful at the same time. I prefer to channel the stress into positive energy. Big groups wait for a while some times but you have to be able to face customers and keep them happy but in control.
The best part of the job is working as a team. On a busy day is when you see the team work come together. Management is fair and reliable.
Pros
Free Lunch.
Cons
Never sit down.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nando's. Our community is ready to answer.