Nando's Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Peterborough8 May 2018
Amazing team, everyone got on and was supportive of one another. able to progress in my career due to support and friendships built within the company.
Pros
free food!
fun working place
CASHIER (Current Employee) –  greenwich cutty sark5 May 2018
Working in Nando under the management at my store is amazing .
A typical day at work is running a busy shift when you at constantly on your feet for 4 straight hours and time passes by so quickly because you are so buried in doing the job right supporting your team members in keeping the store moving with high standard of customer service delivery. The team work is awesome and very encouraging.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
requires hardwork and diligence
Ok place to work
Nandoca (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes3 May 2018
Can get very stressful but is expected to be in this kind of environment, learned a fair amount regarding food safety and general restaurant hygiene as hadn't worked in a restaurant before. people are polite and work as a team
Awful place to work
Griller (Former Employee) –  Dorset29 April 2018
Might as well got a job as a cleaner, four hours from last orders to getting out of the dammed place absolutely ridiculous probably OK if your a robot.
Pros
Free chicken which isn't even that good
Cons
Long hours, ridiculous clean down
Hard work but rewarding
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Telford27 April 2018
They will work you to the ground but reward you greatly for it, great team, great management and generally an awesome company to work for. kind of gutted I left and haven't found somewhere else that meets the nandos standards.
muy divertido
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  bristol20 April 2018
Donde aprendi lo que es hosteleria. conocido ahi la mejor gente y las mejores condiciones. muy buena experiencia para quien va a empezar en hosteleria
Pros
comida, nomina
Cons
nada
Very good place to learn
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Llantrisant, Rhondda Cynon Taff18 April 2018
Very fun place to work the people at so nice there and the chicken is free when you work the shift very good job to develop skills which you didn’t know you have
Pros
Free chicken
great workplace
Server/Waitress (Former Employee) –  London17 April 2018
best place to work as fist job , fun , loud ,fast , mixed team , great food and music .
the vibe is always amazing
theres no a day working for Nandos that you will be sad or bored .
Pros
free meals
Cons
low salary
Good work place to interact with people
Waitress/Host/Cashier/Food Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Brixton, Greater London15 April 2018
Nandos is a great place to work, we work together as a team to achieve the targets.
I am cross trained (trained to work in any position), it is a under pressure work environment but with team effort we able to hit targets and meet costumer service standards.
I was two times employer of the month due to my hard work and costumer service skills.
Pros
free meals
Cons
extremely busy restaurant
Fun to work for and Good for opportunities
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bury St. Edmunds13 April 2018
Good Company to work for especially for driven individuals, really good perks and included benefits which make it a great company to work for for students
Fun, caring workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  High Wycombe12 April 2018
Best job i have had to date. Wages were good. Flexibility was the best thing with this job along with the management team, so easy to work with. Amazing job, loved it.
Pros
free food
Avoid working for Nandos
Cahsier (Former Employee) –  Hammersmith, Greater London12 April 2018
Worst management I have ever worked with. Accepted too many people during interviews and got rid of a few halfway through training. Managers are extremely arrogant and rude.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Rude management
Fun, youtuhful environment
Nandoca (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow7 April 2018
People are fun to work with, management currently isn't the best at the one i worked with, but previous teams were a joy and pleasure to work with. Due to current team, I just feel like i've out stayed my welcome.
Pros
free lunches / paid breaks
Cons
management
nandos
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London6 April 2018
Full training in every department of the restaurant, such as: Kitchen porter, griller, waiter and tills.

I started as a kitchen porter and after few months i jump on the grills, when my english was improving the gave me the chance to apply for buddy trainer after few months as a buddy i aplied for supervisor in Nandos in Sutton (London).
I left the company becuase i had family problems in Spain
It was a good experience and had fun
Job assistant (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire5 April 2018
During my work experience to Nandos i felt like it was productive and helped me develop my skills through out the experience. The Nandos workers were also very friendly and helped me develop my social skills.
Pros
During my breaks i got given free lunches
It's a good place to start but if you're good you're screwed
Host (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London4 April 2018
Managers will take advantage of your good work and ask you to do more and more without actually paying you any extra. However, the people working there were really nice.
Pros
Meals, cool colleagues
Cons
Short breaks, poor management
Amazing
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Broughton, Flintshire3 April 2018
Loved working in such a fast pace environment, staff were always friendly and helpful. The managers were always really friendly and understanding, Nandos treat their workers amazingly.
Fun, family feel with a caring management team!
Nandoca --> Buddy Trainer --> Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, Derbyshire30 March 2018
I worked at Nando's for about 3 years before deciding to pursue my dream of becoming a Pilot. I had had many jobs before that, mainly in the restaurant industry and they don't even come close. I worked every side of the restaurant (floor, grills, back of house), in multiple restaurants across multiple regions, and even into management. Nando's is a great company to work for.

Wage: minimum wage for a 25 year old, regardless of age.

FREE FOOD: If, like me, you are young and broke, you will love this! They give you AT LEAST one meal per shift you do and multiple meals depending on your shift length.

Breaks: You are GUARANTEED at least one break (as long as your shift is longer than 4.5 hours). Breaks are also paid for on your full wage too!

Personal Development & Career Progression: Nando's recognise the desire for progression in their employees and strive to bring out the best in them. Doesn't matter if its confidence issues or personal battles Nando's want to see you excel and really help you to achieve whatever goal you may have.

Staff days/nights out & Regional parties: Every few months Nando's holds big regional parties in a privately hired venue with pre-paid drinks and a chance to let your hair down, meet new people and catch up with friends from different restaurants.

Meeting new people: After a while of working in your restaurant you may be asked to cover a shift in another restaurant in the region, either by yourself or with friends from your restaurant. this is a great opportunity to make new friends then when you go to your regional parties you
  more... have an even better time!

Great Management: The managers hired by Nando's are based on their character as well as their ability to perform. Gaining that perfect balance of friend and colleague happens naturally and therefor naturally makes you want to become a better employee.

Contracted Hours: Nando's refuse to offer 0 hour contracts and therefor you are guaranteed hours every week. This means going to the bank to apply for a loan or credit card, getting a living space of your own etc is not a problem! Also puts your mind at ease knowing you have guaranteed hours coming up!

Nando's realise that if your staff are happy, their customers are happy. So what are you waiting for? Find your sense of Pride, Passion, Courage, Integrity and Family now! (You'll get what I mean by that when you apply! ;) )
Pros
Everything listed!
Cons
Doesn't include overtime unfortunately
Nando's
Nandoca (Current Employee) –  Hamilton29 March 2018
I have always had a lot of passion for Nando's as a company to work for and I was never shy of highlighting my enjoyment towards my job. After working in Nando's for almost five years, certain aspects of the job started to change. These changes started to develop over the last year causing many staff members to lose motivation and the determination towards making our store great.
The values that Nando's once had started to wear off on every employee, including myself. The only concept of our store that was keeping my own drive towards making the store better was the customers. Over the years my customer relations grew and delevoped, and i was able to help create a standard that promoted happiness for the customers that continued to use our store.
The hardest part of the job is attempting to make other employees enjoy their job more,and trying to help the team work better together in order to provide a moral that everyone should promote.
Other than various issues that occurred within the team itself, nando's as a whole is a fantastic company to work for and the management team are by far the most caring and understanding group of individuals, which is why i have hesitated leaving until now.
Pros
Customers, understanding and loving management team, opportunity to grow within the company
Cons
other staff members attitudes towards their job and the company
customer service
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lincoln28 March 2018
i had thoroughly enjoying my time working at nandos as i have gained experience in dealing with customers and service in general. The hours have been some what of a struggle in regards to my personal time for painting however I have managed to balance the two .
Pros
good music
Cons
management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nando's. Our community is ready to answer.