Nando's Employee Reviews

Found 887 reviews matching the search See all 1,764 reviews
Fun
Nandoca (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside13 November 2018
Really flexible to work there around studying. Free meals on every shift which is a bonus.

Regular staff parties and activities. Always good managers too.
fun work place
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Oldham, Greater Manchester12 November 2018
I loved working with the team they was a wonderful and helpful co workers always there if you needed them. Willing to help you no matter how busy they was.
Pros
paid breaks
Cons
managers
Great first job
Griller (Current Employee) –  Junction 27 Birstall6 November 2018
Nando's was the first job I ever got, I work part-time and have been working there since I was 17. The work seems tough at first but after you get into the groove of it it is quite a breeze.

The people working there and the managers all feel like a big family and we regularly get interaction that helps us improve moral and productivity.

I planned on working at Nandos for experience and then quit but I am enjoying it too much to leave.
Pros
Free food, Great staff, Great managers.
Cons
Hard work for the pay.
environnement existant et motivant
Serveuse/Caissière, Oxford Street Londres (Former Employee) –  londres2 November 2018
nandos est une chaine de restaurant victime de son succès a londres, travailler pour cette entreprise a été pour moi une experience enrichissante sur le point de vue humain étant donne que jai travaille avec des gens de diverses origines dans un environnement très dynamique,jai aussi appris a donner le meilleur de moi malgré le stress et cela grace a des responsables motivants
Pros
repas gratuits et polyvalence
Fun, friendly and warm.
Nandoca (Current Employee) –  Trafford, Greater Manchester30 October 2018
Warm work environment with freindly staff and management. Staff are well looked after and catered for with paid breaks free food on breaks and multiple staff fun days/nights out, paid for by the company scheduled throughout the year.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Freuqent changes of management
Best company I have worked for
Nandoca (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, Aberdeen City30 October 2018
Such a lovely team atmosphere, feels like you are working as one big family and hours are so flexible. They do their best to work round your out of work commitments and there is always opportunity to pick up extra shifts if you want. You can learn and develop at your own pace and they have monthly staff meetings so we can raise any concerns or ideas that we have to management which are listened to. Honestly love working here
Fun place to work, but not paid enough for amount of work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bromley29 October 2018
The company is such a positive and fun place to work. Staff parties all expenses paid, you are really looked after by management.
Shifts can be very intense and extremely hard work on an evening and weekend. Hourly rate isnt worth the hard work the job involves.
Customers can be extremely difficult and rude towards wait staff so you need thick skin when dealing with them.
All of my co workers were friendly and you were always thanked by management after a shift.
Can be quite clicky in places with friendship groups forming but I was just nice to everyone and I had no problems.
Pros
Free lunch on breaks and if you didnt have a break youd get takeaway at the end of a shift
Cons
Anti social hours and rude customers
Administrator (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London29 October 2018
Good work culture. An interesting diverse range of projects to work on. The staff benefits are really good and include a free lunch, cycle to work scheme and a good pension scheme,
Rubbish
trainee griller (Former Employee) –  Greater Manchester28 October 2018
I was still in my 12 week probation, however, it felt like I should have known everything before I even started. I had worked in a restaurant kitchen before and my boss there was pleased but at Nandos it felt like, if your face doesn't fit you will get pushed out.

I honestly felt like I had been honest with needing my work hours changed due to illness and I have a son with special needs. I was on nearly every close shift and some openings, I also felt like I hardly saw my son.

There was one supervisor/manager I thought I got on with but even she just walked past me as if something was going to happen when I got told I was not quick enough and quite frankly your son having a rash does not qualify as a good enough reason to take the night off. Hygiene would be common sense right there.

Useless managers and waste of space team. If they were any good I would have learnt something more than I did. I knew how to grill chicken when I came in to the company, didn't need to learn how to grill chicken.

Stay away unless you want obscene hours. back to back open and close shifts. Which is illegal anyway
Pros
free food
Cons
shifts, management, flexibility
12 hour split shifts regularly
Griller/ kitchen (Former Employee) –  Greater London26 October 2018
Always get out late 12am earliest 3am latest, but Shifts can be fun when quiet, but when its busy, i believe your underpaid, kitchen is disgusting when cashiers just dump plates and don't scrape food in bin, when this happens, the entire side is full of messy plates. E.g after putting chicken in the over, then go back to dishwasher side.
Pros
£11 food allowance on break
Cons
Work life balance, underpaid for how busy it gets
Good job for a student
Grill Chef (Former Employee) –  Leigh26 October 2018
Very good job for current students. Late finishes but still easy to balance. Would reccomend mentioning that you don’t want to finish late if you start early
Productive working place environment
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear25 October 2018
Overall Nandos is a good place to work as part time
Or full time. Work environment is enjoyable and easy work with people within the company. It’ also has an multi ethnicity staff memebers that who are working for Nandos give us the chances to know each other and makes it easy to communicate one and others.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Staff member lack of performance
Hard Work for Minimum Wage
Griller (Current Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire25 October 2018
Depending on which Nandos you'll end up working at, you going to love it or hate it.

Benfits are Free Meals on shift.
Paid Breaks.
Staff Partys and outings.

Downside.

You will be paid the minimum wage, work shift work up till 2am.
There is no taxi provided for you and you will have to pay for a taxi or walk home, when there is no public transport avilable.
The Work is stressful, you be working underpressure all the time, with very little chance of a breather between rushes.
Pros
Free Food and staff Discount
Cons
Constant pressure and stress as well as unsocialbe hours.
Energetic Workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Merthyr Tydfil20 October 2018
I enjoyed my time working for Nando's, I got on with everyone I worked with and they were understanding with reducing my hours during my exam period. A typical day at work was usually very bust from start to finish as its sun a popular restaurant, however, the team made the one hours and constant demand from customers bearable with our sense humour. Management were good however sometimes it felt as the cashiers had to deal with the most difficult customers when it really should have been a managers job as they are more experienced dealing with the situations, however, I felt being left to deal with these customers did give me an idea of how to deal with it in the future. the hardest part of the job was the closes and sometimes they would go on for much longer than needed. for myself, the best part of the job was the people I met who I still keep in very close contact with even though I no longer work there.
Pros
Free Lunches and Discount
Cons
Breaks felt too short for 6-7 hour shifts
Good place
Cashier/Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bedford19 October 2018
Each store is different but it seems apparent that there is a lot of work placed on the cashiers over the grillers which most of the times means managers constantly push cashiers and don't help with the workload themselves
Fun workplace
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes18 October 2018
A typical day at work was good. I had to come in and go to the till to serve the customers. I had also helped with the food and waited for any help. I had learned to work with large groups and I had gained confidence. The hardest part of the job was with the cleaning because we had to thoroughly clean the place. The most enjoyable part of the job was the energy and the good pay that they provided. They had also given us bonuses for our good work.
Pros
Free lunches, take food home
Cons
Unprepared timetable
good job
Nandoca (Former Employee) –  Dundee17 October 2018
Its a decent place to work. its not very thankful and you do feel like you are achieving nothing. its not meaningful work. but if the team is good it can be a fun place to work.
Pros
lots of staff perks, free food, days out, competitions and discounts
Cons
working weekends, min wage
fun work place
Co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London11 October 2018
I have learnt that at nandos you can be yourself. everyone is really nice and helpful. the management is good your told and showed what to do. there inst any hard parts of the job apart from when it gets busy you have to work really hard and quickly. the most enjoyable part of the work you meet and connect with great people of all races around the world
Pros
free lunch
Cons
felxable hours
productive and fun work place
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Leicester8 October 2018
it was OK I guess. we got free food every day but it was hard to work in that heat.
I meet new people every day along the way
my confidence went up everyday as I meet new people I had a team to work with
Pros
free food
Cons
hot place to work
Productive and fun workplace
Griller (Current Employee) –  London8 October 2018
Nandos company is a really good workplace with a nice people and good opportunity to have a carrier like manager. Is a good opportunity for everybody to work there because you have all the manager support anytime
Pros
Free lunch
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nando's. Our community is ready to answer.