Nando's Employee Reviews

Productive workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London14 February 2018
This work place is very productive and very hands on.You always are learning something new and get to put your skills to the test each day. It is the perfect jobs for students.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Long shifts
Fun but tiring
Host/Cashier/Waiter (Current Employee) –  Sutton8 February 2018
Loads of hours to make a living here. Promotion opportunities are excellent, you can become a manager/buddy trainer if you really want to. Long hours and long shifts, you have to work on weekends.
Pros
Fun place
Cons
Long hours, weekend work
fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire4 February 2018
its fun and an exciting place to work. it gives you the chance to balance out your work and also social life. I would recommend it to a student, who needs to earn an extra bit of cash.
Fast Progession
Buddy Trainer (Current Employee) –  Newport, Newport4 February 2018
A typical day would consist of running food orders, cleaning and preparing tables, greeting customers with a high quality customer care. Very fast paced job, menu is constantly updated so it keeps you on your toes learning the new items. The hardest part would be the stress of managing several roles at once due to lack of staff. Working as a team definitely has its perks, they are a great bunch of colleagues who are always very friendly and welcoming.
Great family work environment
Full time griller (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire29 January 2018
As a griller the day to day consists of making all the food to a quality standard and making sure the stock levels are sufficient throughout the day.

I am considered relatively experienced so I also train a number of new staff
Pros
free lunch and social events
Cons
late finishes
Good Atmosphere but some cons
Nandoca (Former Employee) –  Thurrock, Essex29 January 2018
Working in Nandos helped me to make new friends and gain experience in a new industry. The salary was well deserved, however you do not receive sick pay. Hours are ideal, as they are very flexible. Some tasks I was assigned to were not mentioned in my interview.
Productive and Fun work place
Supervisor/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Croydon29 January 2018
Working at nandos i learnt and improved on many skills ranging from communication skills to management. As a team leader and host i had the responsibility of dealing with customers and also ensuring that everything on the shift was running smoothly. The part i enjoyed most was interacting with new customers every day and also the people i worked with made the experience of working all the worth while. Hardest part of the job was to deal with customers when the restaurant was at optimum capacity and how to accommodate for more customers when all seating was taken.
Pros
Free food
Nando's
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Crawley28 January 2018
It was a good experience for me to learn new things and meet new people it was good for me to learn to use different equipment and getting on with costumers
Fun place to work
Staff (Current Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim25 January 2018
Paid breaks with meal allowance, you can work up your hours and swap shifts, flexible with holidays apart from christmas period, good management and you get the feeling the company cares for you. Only problem is the extremely busy days which are a usual thing and the minimum wage .The rest come along with this job's nature
Pros
free meal and paid break, benefits and discount on other nando's restaurants, flexibility
Cons
minimum wage, some long crazy busy shifts
Great leadership programme
Assistant Manager (Full Time) (Current Employee) –  Bristol25 January 2018
Nando's it's been a great company for me, they develop my ambition from a simple waiter to an important manager in few time. During the Journey as assistant manager there are a lot of courses to improve and develop your skills. They look forward to help people to reach their goals, in my case was to travel around the world and I had the time in four years to visit more than 42 countries thanks to Nando's holiday/day off system, in fact it's the 20th best company to work in UK on Glassdoor. A day of work at Nando's is always unpredictable it can be quiet, which as a manager you would have more duty (Cleaning management, Rota, Orders, Maintenance...ect), and busy day, which means back to the roots as a waiter and help the staff members on the floor. The most enjoyable part of the Job is the time with your team Family, because in this restaurant business you have the chance to meet incredible people.
Pros
Free food during the day, amazing break system and awesome holiday scheme
Cons
Manage day off and plan event/life/travel in advance
productive
Chef (Former Employee) –  braintree25 January 2018
Very intense environment and work very late hours and long shifts and must work weekends, pay rate was reasonable and received food allowance which was adavantageous.
Pros
free dinner
Was fun
Griller (Former Employee) –  Corby, Northamptonshire25 January 2018
The people that you work with make it the fun place it was to work there. Although the managers could be better but you can’t get everything you wanted
Pros
Free food
Cons
Long days
Professional and fun place
Nandoca (Former Employee) –  London24 January 2018
my day usually starts with the food preparation or cooking, after that I have to clean my workplace.
I have learned that with the organization, work preparation, hygiene habits and teamwork everything becomes easier and more secure, This culture that is practiced in this workplace.
The hardest part of the job is when someone is missing, and that makes everything hard for the rest of the team, but in the end of the day we feel satisfied that the job is done
The management is working well, taking good care of all the business.
vibrant work place
Hostess/Restaurant Waitress (Former Employee) –  London22 January 2018
great company to work for , good hours/ life balance but very busy periods. brilliant training and progression in your job role, hard work is recognised
Great
Griller (Current Employee) –  Dorchester, Dorset21 January 2018
Great place to work for with great benefits and good pay. I have enjoyed my time working with Nando’s and have made some great friends for life here.
Nando’s
Pros
Free lunch
Meeting new people
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Leigh, Lancashire20 January 2018
The best part of the job is meeting new people while working. It is also good how you ain’t always stood around being bored because your are always moving around doing something.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Part time
Happy customer
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hempstead Valley19 January 2018
Being a supervisor at nandos it's not easy you have to deal with different kind of customers some of them has a good day and you enjoy the time you are spending to them and some has a bad day and they make things difficult for your employers so we have to calm them down with our speech and do them yo enjoy their food
Pros
In nandos you can meet new people very day
Cons
As a manager (supervisor) you have to be there for your whole shift 8 9 or 10 hours
Cool place to work at, but not paid that well
Host, Cashier and Waiter (Former Employee) –  Slough19 January 2018
Cool place to work at, but not paid that well. Most people I met there were very friendly and fun to work with. Job is definitely not hard due to cooking process being optimized and tills system in place. I would probably work there longer if pay was higher.
Pros
Delicious lunch allowance for every shift and discount for casual visits
Cons
Minimal wages and nearly zero tips
Miserable
Hostess/Waitress (Former Employee) –  North West18 January 2018
Sub-par management, say goodbye to your social life and god help you if you're a student because they don't care at all. Insane favouritism and all the customers are absolute riff-raff. Thankless job with no tips and you get sick of the free meals, trust me.
Pros
decent people to work with, living wage employer
Cons
where to start
Productive and enjoyable work environment.
Griller (Former Employee) –  552 Mile End Rd, London E3 4PL16 January 2018
The staff are friendly and the eager to help you learn. I fund it to be a value work experience, I find the online courses to be very informative and easy to understand.
Pros
Free meal with every shift.
Cons
You eat too much chicken!!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nando's. Our community is ready to answer.