Nando's Employee Reviews

Found 847 reviews matching the search See all 1,692 reviews
Fun for students and young people
Canada - Cashier/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside5 October 2018
Nando’s is great for part time or full time as you can usually work as little or as often as you wish. Super busy fun environment where often the management are quite laid back. I enjoyed working here most days but it does get a little boring and it seems there’s a lot of sucking up to do if you want to go higher.
Pros
Free food and lots of time off when needed
Cons
Some management and repetitive
The best company I've worked for.
Nandoca (Former Employee) –  Harrogate4 October 2018
Honestly a brilliant company, so generous, staff days out, weekly pay not a bad starting wage, so much chance for progression, not sure if its changed at all but I would certainly love to work here again!
Pros
Free lunch up to £9.50, great staff discount, longer breaks for longer shifts, lovely working environment
Cons
No tips as they're used on staff days out, occassionally would be asked to stay longer.
hard work for low pay
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Slough, Berkshire4 October 2018
the amount of work and responsibilities you have is not payed accordingly and is subpar compared to similar roles in the industry, the company changed from taking care of his workers to taking care of the bottom line.
Pros
free food
Cons
late night closes
Fun Workplace
Front of House Team Member (Former Employee) –  Birmingham3 October 2018
A great place to work within an amazing and dynamic team that rewards hard work and recognizes internal talent. Amazing staff perks and great support from management
amazing place to work
cashier (Current Employee) –  Manchester3 October 2018
good pay, nice environment to work in also great management, worked here 3 years always been lovely very flexible, great for a first time job aswell also good for students
exciting and fun place of work
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Widnes2 October 2018
I really enjoyed working at nandos and how each day was different there. all the staff where super friendly and I really enjoyed working there. it was like being a part of a family. nandos take pride in the culture and background which I find very interesting. when I started I was paired with someone else who showed me what to do which allowed me to then complete tasks as best as I could
Pros
free food/discount
Cons
not many hours
nice place to work
Waiter - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Orpington, Greater London1 October 2018
I did work experience at Nando's my job role was a waiter I was responsible for meeting and greeting new customers and taking orders. The employees helped me with my job role I enjoyed working at Nando's because I like the people that worked at Nando's they were very friendly and helpful to me I was able to have a good leaning experience.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
not a enough break
management is so bad. treated like rubbish.
Waitress/Bar Staff (Former Employee) –  Northampton26 September 2018
Managers got more stressed the the other workers, especially when they were need for an important transaction. I had about 2 days training so I had to teach myself most things. The hardest part of the job was trying to get along with staff, they're meant to be part of a family but felt far from it. The best part abut the job is the pay and benefits.
Pros
free food. good pay
Cons
terrible management
Family business
waitress (Current Employee) –  Doncaster, South Yorkshire26 September 2018
Working at nandos has helped me to gain valuable experience and skills. It is a brilliant company who looks after you as if you are family, and that includes working in the many nandos restaurants I have worked in across the UK. I always feel looked after and I always feel I can talk to my fellow colleagues and managers if ever I feel there is a problem.
Pros
Free food and good wage
Cons
Can sometimes be long hours
great fun
Head Hostess (Current Employee) –  Chichester, West Sussex26 September 2018
amazing people staff days out good pay and fair working hours, managers very caring and understanding will try to do anything to help its just like a second family.
Pros
free nandos
Cons
no tips

Want to know more about Nando's?

Ask a question
Great People, great chicken
Assistant Manager of Nando's (Current Employee) –  Various25 September 2018
Has its perks but in recent years has become more corporate. Food is top notch and the people you work with are fantastic and has a great values base of Pride, Passion, Courage, Integrity & Family. The family vibe is one that is really evident within the restaurants.
Pros
Free meal on shift
Cons
Long Hours
good workplace
team member (Former Employee) –  Gatwick Airport Station, West Sussex24 September 2018
The Staff were very welcoming they taught me many things on the job. The manager showed me around the store. They went out of their way to make me feel like part of the time
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Good
Cashier/Host (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire24 September 2018
I worked here through university and it was a very good place to work . Co workers were always very friendly and so was management, it was a great part time job.
Fun Workplace at times
Buddy Trainer (Current Employee) –  Orpington24 September 2018
A typical day at work would include a lot of cleaning, busy shifts where everyone is rushed off their feet and stressing. The hardest part of the job was the unsociable hours. i hardly get to see my family and friends as im always working, and when you finish at 12 at night its not very nice walking home/ getting the bus as i don't drive. The benefits of the job however are amazing, you get to go on nandos parties which are crazy, free food every shift you work and good discount during the week days.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Long hours, which are unsociable
productive and fun workplace
waitress/cashier (Former Employee) –  Orpington23 September 2018
i thoroughly enjoyed my job at Nandos, it was a lovely environment and the people were always supportive and understanding.i wish i didn't have to leave to be honest.
Fun energetic bubbly environment
Kitchen/Cook Assistant (Former Employee) –  Epsom22 September 2018
Great times at work there nothing but positive vibes and great help amazing opportunity lovely people very good management hardest part was leaving.
Seeing the team.
Pros
Yes free lunch
Cons
Hard hours
Fantastic work place
Nandoca (Former Employee) –  Yate, Gloucestershire18 September 2018
I had the best time when I worked for Nandos. That was down to the people I worked with and how family oriented it was.
I miss it alot but due to unforseen circumstances I had to leave.
Pros
Discount and free lunches
Cons
N/a
Fun but crazy busy and exhausting
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London13 September 2018
It’s fun and nice place to work for with strong work culture, but culture all depends on people you work with. Some branches are crazy busy, others less and staff still gets paid the same which in my opinion is not fair. It’s easy to progress when you are proactive, hardworking and when you follow the culture and values. But be ready for long hours, one weekend off in month and working loads late evenings
Pros
Free lunch, fun people, bonuses, parties, internal promotions
Cons
Long hours, finish at 2-3 am when closing, no work life balance, loads to do in your free time as it’s busy and you can’t do what it’s expected (depends on branch)
Best job I have ever had!
Nandoca (Cashier) (Former Employee) –  Broughton13 September 2018
The managers were always understanding and truly took pride in their work.

My fellow employees were always encouraging and helpful when it came to explaining how to do a certain job. Working here makes you feel a part of a big family.
Pros
free food every shift
If you Love Nandos - Nandos loves you
Buddy Trainer, Member of Marketing (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow9 September 2018
Great place to work - fun and great for different opportunities. This place offers flexible hours and fee food. Good staff members who are reliable and trustworthy.
Pros
Free food, big discounts, the family feelingc
Cons
Could be stressfull at times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nando's. Our community is ready to answer.