Nando's Pay & Benefits reviews

Eh, it was alright.
Cashier/Waitress (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London18 May 2018
I'm a student so they were originally quite flexible with my work times and was able to change my shifts each week if necessary which was good. Pay was nice and some of my work colleagues were nice people. The benefits were the staff meals but there were a couple serious cons. They try to include everyone in staff parties and event day outs, but it's also quite 'cliquey' and often hired friends of friends or people they knew.

The lengths of the shifts sometimes could be horrible, as in 11am starts and I wouldn't leave until 1/1:30am the next day. Management can be extremely cocky and take the job too seriously, communication between them is often poor. Sometimes didn't listen when I said I couldn't work certain days and it took very passive aggressive messages before they listened. Eventually I realised it's not worth the stress for me because it was only part time work around school.
Pros
Staff meals, Good pay
Cons
Long hours, not enough breaks, stressful, awful management
Fun but terrible management
Buddy Trainer (Current Employee) –  London East, Greater London8 May 2018
In my time at Nando's I saw around 15 different managers in my Nando's every six month is like a whole new management team. But Nando's is very fun to work for and lots of parties. However, there are not a lot of benefits. One good benefit is you can transfer store depending on your location which is easy.
Pros
Free lunch, fun teams, parties
Cons
Long hours, Lots of cleaning, poor management
Fun place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Peterborough8 May 2018
Amazing team, everyone got on and was supportive of one another. able to progress in my career due to support and friendships built within the company.
Pros
free food!
Awful place to work
Griller (Former Employee) –  Dorset29 April 2018
Might as well got a job as a cleaner, four hours from last orders to getting out of the dammed place absolutely ridiculous probably OK if your a robot.
Pros
Free chicken which isn't even that good
Cons
Long hours, ridiculous clean down
great workplace
Server/Waitress (Former Employee) –  London17 April 2018
best place to work as fist job , fun , loud ,fast , mixed team , great food and music .
the vibe is always amazing
theres no a day working for Nandos that you will be sad or bored .
Pros
free meals
Cons
low salary
Fun to work for and Good for opportunities
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bury St. Edmunds13 April 2018
Good Company to work for especially for driven individuals, really good perks and included benefits which make it a great company to work for for students
Fun, caring workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  High Wycombe12 April 2018
Best job i have had to date. Wages were good. Flexibility was the best thing with this job along with the management team, so easy to work with. Amazing job, loved it.
Pros
free food
It was a good experience and had fun
Job assistant (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire5 April 2018
During my work experience to Nandos i felt like it was productive and helped me develop my skills through out the experience. The Nandos workers were also very friendly and helped me develop my social skills.
Pros
During my breaks i got given free lunches
It's a good place to start but if you're good you're screwed
Host (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London4 April 2018
Managers will take advantage of your good work and ask you to do more and more without actually paying you any extra. However, the people working there were really nice.
Pros
Meals, cool colleagues
Cons
Short breaks, poor management
Chicken.
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Huntingdon21 March 2018
Was an ok job team was very clicky so sometimes hard to communicate. Managers where ok just again had there favourites. Didn’t really listen to hours I could work always put me on ones I couldn’t do.
Pros
Free lunches and discounts
Cons
Hours where ones I couldn’t always work.
Perfect for Students who want a balanced work life and personal life
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Camberley14 March 2018
Nando's are a really flexible company especially for students as they allow the employees a flexible work hour accordingly. The salary is also minimum wages for everyone regardless of age therefore young people who are searching for a good paying job, this is definitely for them.
Fun environment
Nandoca (Former Employee) –  Merry Hill13 March 2018
This was my second job. I was still at college and heading off to uni and they were really understanding and supportive. The staff are brutally honest but are always willing to help and train new staff. I loved working here and the wage was great, the only downside being the finishing touches.
Good with hours, relatively flexible and lunch meals always provided.
Pros
Free food, friendly staff, nice environment.
Cons
Long-ish hours, lack of details.
Good Company
Nandoca (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands7 March 2018
Thoroughly enjoyed the team I worked with and although holiday was difficult to book, every shift, including stressful ones were enjoyable. The pay was very good as everyone is on the same hourly rate (2017 - £7.20) which was brilliant as I was 19 at the time.
Pros
Free lunches, try to fit around your availability, fun to work at.
Cons
Sometimes shifts can be long and holidays can be hard to book
Best job for students
Cashier/Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sutton7 March 2018
Nando's is fun to work, however it requires a lot of hard work and you willing to take long shifts and to work weekends, mostly. There are opportunities for promotion. You get free food in your brakes, and they last between 20-30 mins long, depending on how many hours you're working in a shift.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Long hours, hard work
Fun workplace with a young and energetic team. But paid under the London Living Wage.
Griller and trainer chef (Current Employee) –  The O217 February 2018
Nando's Has given me the possibility to improve my skills through new learning instruments and good training since i began.
This is a serious ever growing company give you the possibility to learn all the different positions in that you want to cover in the shop giving you the possibility to add new skills in your luggage and the possibility to do quick career in 4-5 years only!).
Unfortunately all the positions from trainee to supervisor are paid less than the London living wage and you need to be available to work on weekends and bank holidays such are paid as normal shift and there is not service charge and the tips are very low.
The good part is that most of the staff is happy and the management is very flexible to help you with every reasonable request about day off, contract hours, holidays, change position etc,
The company offer periodically regional parties that give the possibility to the staff to know each other better! Nandoìs give you the possibility to cover in other shops in case you need to do more hours and you can get transferred all over UK.
Pros
Free meal and breaks paid
Cons
the management is usually inexperienced
Supervisor
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bromley16 February 2018
in a busy day is extremely hard, especially when the customer are expecting the food in a short time, so in this moment the job can be stress full, but in other hand, when the team is good, all can be soft and lovely.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
busy and long hours
Productive workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London14 February 2018
This work place is very productive and very hands on.You always are learning something new and get to put your skills to the test each day. It is the perfect jobs for students.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Long shifts
Fun but tiring
Host/Cashier/Waiter (Current Employee) –  Sutton8 February 2018
Loads of hours to make a living here. Promotion opportunities are excellent, you can become a manager/buddy trainer if you really want to. Long hours and long shifts, you have to work on weekends.
Pros
Fun place
Cons
Long hours, weekend work
Good Atmosphere but some cons
Nandoca (Former Employee) –  Thurrock, Essex29 January 2018
Working in Nandos helped me to make new friends and gain experience in a new industry. The salary was well deserved, however you do not receive sick pay. Hours are ideal, as they are very flexible. Some tasks I was assigned to were not mentioned in my interview.
Fun place to work
Staff (Current Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim25 January 2018
Paid breaks with meal allowance, you can work up your hours and swap shifts, flexible with holidays apart from christmas period, good management and you get the feeling the company cares for you. Only problem is the extremely busy days which are a usual thing and the minimum wage .The rest come along with this job's nature
Pros
free meal and paid break, benefits and discount on other nando's restaurants, flexibility
Cons
minimum wage, some long crazy busy shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nando's. Our community is ready to answer.