Nando's Pay & Benefits reviews

Found 295 reviews matching the search See all 1,759 reviews
Managers do not care about you.
Hostess/Waitress (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London23 December 2018
I have been working in Nandos for a couple of months and I am already about to leave. At the beginning they all pretend to be kind and understanding, then everything changes. They do not care about you. They dont care that you actually have a life outside your job. They only talk about the profit of the store. You are a machine made to make sure THEY earn as much money as possibile. When you close the restaurant and stay even hours more then you should, they do not pay the extra hours. Managers shouts in your face, laugh and make fun of you.
Cant wait to leave.
Pros
Nice fod allowance and decent salary
Cons
Management only cares about money
Fun Workplace at times
Buddy Trainer (Current Employee) –  Orpington24 September 2018
A typical day at work would include a lot of cleaning, busy shifts where everyone is rushed off their feet and stressing. The hardest part of the job was the unsociable hours. i hardly get to see my family and friends as im always working, and when you finish at 12 at night its not very nice walking home/ getting the bus as i don't drive. The benefits of the job however are amazing, you get to go on nandos parties which are crazy, free food every shift you work and good discount during the week days.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Long hours, which are unsociable
Best company I have worked for
Nandoca (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, Aberdeen City30 October 2018
Such a lovely team atmosphere, feels like you are working as one big family and hours are so flexible. They do their best to work round your out of work commitments and there is always opportunity to pick up extra shifts if you want. You can learn and develop at your own pace and they have monthly staff meetings so we can raise any concerns or ideas that we have to management which are listened to. Honestly love working here
Good, but not for all
Cashier/Staff trainer (Current Employee) –  Norwich Red Lion Street18 January 2019
My time here was great. I learned a lot and developed myself to be a better, more complete person.

The problem is that a lot of the time, your work will go unnoticed, unless your in with the management clique.

During my tenure there I did A LOT of work, not just at my pay grade but higher. I trained, ran incentives, helped (and sometimes trained) management with their tasks (things like increasing net profit, reducing outgoing via waste and variance), and improved morale in the team through various means.

But little to none of it was rewarded short of a £30 voucher or. on occasion, bags of haribo. I'm a grown man with a family, sweeties aren't much of a reward.

So if you can get in with the bosses, go ahead. If you are happy with just a minimum wage job to pay bills, go ahead. But if you want advancement and aren't willing to suck up, look elsewhere.
Pros
Good team, free meals!
Cons
Rude customers, long hours, no overtime, management cliques
Busy and fun place to work.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  London, UK14 December 2018
I worked in Nandos a while ago, and what I remember is that working in one position, gives you a lot of duties which makes your role as a Cashier, quite responsible. During that time, I met many people from around the world, who taught me an approach and a respect to the work. I found that working in Nandos is quite challenging because of it's policy , that is why a good and an organised team is the key to get on top of the any task.
Pros
free food during a break.
Cons
low salary.
management is so bad. treated like rubbish.
Waitress/Bar Staff (Former Employee) –  Northampton26 September 2018
Managers got more stressed the the other workers, especially when they were need for an important transaction. I had about 2 days training so I had to teach myself most things. The hardest part of the job was trying to get along with staff, they're meant to be part of a family but felt far from it. The best part abut the job is the pay and benefits.
Pros
free food. good pay
Cons
terrible management
Eh, it was alright.
Cashier/Waitress (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London18 May 2018
I'm a student so they were originally quite flexible with my work times and was able to change my shifts each week if necessary which was good. Pay was nice and some of my work colleagues were nice people. The benefits were the staff meals but there were a couple serious cons. They try to include everyone in staff parties and event day outs, but it's also quite 'cliquey' and often hired friends of friends or people they knew.

The lengths of the shifts sometimes could be horrible, as in 11am starts and I wouldn't leave until 1/1:30am the next day. Management can be extremely cocky and take the job too seriously, communication between them is often poor. Sometimes didn't listen when I said I couldn't work certain days and it took very passive aggressive messages before they listened. Eventually I realised it's not worth the stress for me because it was only part time work around school.
Pros
Staff meals, Good pay
Cons
Long hours, not enough breaks, stressful, awful management
Administrator (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London29 October 2018
Good work culture. An interesting diverse range of projects to work on. The staff benefits are really good and include a free lunch, cycle to work scheme and a good pension scheme,
Fun but crazy busy and exhausting
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London13 September 2018
It’s fun and nice place to work for with strong work culture, but culture all depends on people you work with. Some branches are crazy busy, others less and staff still gets paid the same which in my opinion is not fair. It’s easy to progress when you are proactive, hardworking and when you follow the culture and values. But be ready for long hours, one weekend off in month and working loads late evenings
Pros
Free lunch, fun people, bonuses, parties, internal promotions
Cons
Long hours, finish at 2-3 am when closing, no work life balance, loads to do in your free time as it’s busy and you can’t do what it’s expected (depends on branch)
Best company ever
Buddy Trainer (Former Employee) –  Birmingham12 January 2019
I was so sad to leave - some days i wish i never did! Its a shame there are no pay benefits as it is minimum wage but the parties are great and its like working with a family
Pros
Cons
Pay
Nandoca
Nandoca Waitress (Former Employee) –  Bicester, Oxfordshire28 November 2018
Amazing place to work. Very friendly staff and amazing benefits. Everyone was very understanding and always there to help as and when they could. Amazing company to work for.
Griller job
Grill Chef (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, Hampshire3 January 2019
It was a very great place to work, great benefits and the company really looked after its people. It was fun even at busy times everyone just clicked as a team.
great team and best working environment
Griller (Former Employee) –  London17 August 2018
typical day at work was really and always busy but because of the great team and support from the management, time just flies by real quick, great banter
Pros
free lunch, great pay, lots of benefits
Fun but terrible management
Buddy Trainer (Current Employee) –  London East, Greater London8 May 2018
In my time at Nando's I saw around 15 different managers in my Nando's every six month is like a whole new management team. But Nando's is very fun to work for and lots of parties. However, there are not a lot of benefits. One good benefit is you can transfer store depending on your location which is easy.
Pros
Free lunch, fun teams, parties
Cons
Long hours, Lots of cleaning, poor management
Fun place to work, but difficult, tiring and low pay.
Cashier/Griller (Former Employee) –  Northampton, UK1 December 2018
Fun, fast working environment with decent management and good meal allowance. However, full-time is very tiring in the long term due to poor work/life balance. Pay is also fairly low for a lot of hard work.
Poorly managed and highly stressful
Nandoca (Current Employee) –  London28 August 2018
Management fails to create an environment that is stress free or take into consideration that people aren't as flexible as a yoga instructor. You learn that you required to act as a soulless machine without the ability to think for itself or have any ideas. you are required to do more work than described and will often go way beyond overtime.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Long hours expect a lot of overtime stressful environment terrible management
Great place great community awesome food
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Covent Garden, Greater London16 June 2018
Great job to raise some money
good work environment
can be amazing staff
lot of improving opportunities
if you have the right attitude and skills you can easily be a manager or a supervisor in like a month
Pros
Free food
Cons
hard closings
Fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Basildon, Essex3 June 2018
I worked at Nandos whilst I was a student studying for my A levels, Nando's were very flexible and understanding of my studies and college timetable. It was a very fun place to work, I almost looked forward to going to work as it was very sociable and fun. Nando's made working enjoyable and everyone was so friendly and supportive.
Pros
Free lunches, long breaks, company benefits.
Cons
Long close downs
Fast paced fun work place
Front of House & Trainer (Former Employee) –  Kingston upon Hull12 July 2018
Great place to work if you are looking to progress in the food industry. Lots of fun benefits including regular staff days out and parties. Ideal for the younger generation and students.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Late nights
Fun workplace
Waiter and Kitchen Porter (Current Employee) –  Bath15 June 2018
Great people and staff with great management , working hours and salary. Also the benefits that come with the job are really good. Working hours are very flexible
Pros
Free food on breaks
Cons
Later finish at night

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nando's. Our community is ready to answer.