Nando's Employee Reviews for Trainer

Found 70 reviews matching the search See all 1,762 reviews
A lot fun, enjoyable
Griller/Buddy Trainer (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London13 December 2018
Is a new challenge to grow with myself and the people around me, to learn deferent way to compromise to be more understandable . There is always an hardest part, i just take or think in the positive way possible. I mostly enjoy my job when i have my colleges around its more easy to get true the day and feels like family .
Pros
discounts, free gym
Cons
less pay
Fun Workplace at times
Buddy Trainer (Current Employee) –  Orpington24 September 2018
A typical day at work would include a lot of cleaning, busy shifts where everyone is rushed off their feet and stressing. The hardest part of the job was the unsociable hours. i hardly get to see my family and friends as im always working, and when you finish at 12 at night its not very nice walking home/ getting the bus as i don't drive. The benefits of the job however are amazing, you get to go on nandos parties which are crazy, free food every shift you work and good discount during the week days.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Long hours, which are unsociable
If you Love Nandos - Nandos loves you
Buddy Trainer, Member of Marketing (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow9 September 2018
Great place to work - fun and great for different opportunities. This place offers flexible hours and fee food. Good staff members who are reliable and trustworthy.
Pros
Free food, big discounts, the family feelingc
Cons
Could be stressfull at times
i am currently working for nandos, really fun and good management team.
Griller, cashier, buddy trainer (Current Employee) –  London7 August 2018
this is my first restaurant job, the experience working here make me realize that fitness is what am suppose to be chasing. we are one big family that work together and support each other where needed.
Best company ever
Buddy Trainer (Former Employee) –  Birmingham12 January 2019
I was so sad to leave - some days i wish i never did! Its a shame there are no pay benefits as it is minimum wage but the parties are great and its like working with a family
Pros
Cons
Pay
Great company to work for with strong advancement opportunities
Buddy Trainer (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh12 July 2018
I loved working here and never would have left if I was not moving. Even though it can be highly stressful at times, I always left feeling good and made a family for myself there.
Pros
Great teamwork, supportive management
Cons
Long hours, sometimes horrible customers
Fun but terrible management
Buddy Trainer (Current Employee) –  London East, Greater London8 May 2018
In my time at Nando's I saw around 15 different managers in my Nando's every six month is like a whole new management team. But Nando's is very fun to work for and lots of parties. However, there are not a lot of benefits. One good benefit is you can transfer store depending on your location which is easy.
Pros
Free lunch, fun teams, parties
Cons
Long hours, Lots of cleaning, poor management
Best catering company to work for
Buddy Trainer (Former Employee) –  Aylesbury13 May 2018
Fun family environment to work for. Can progress within the company quickly. Great atmosphere in every restaurant to eat & work at
So many pros to work for Nandos.
Worldwide company have about 450 restaurants and still growing
They do a lot for charity,
Pros
Free lunch, in/out door parties & like your second family
Cons
Not every store the same eg vibe
Fast paced fun work place
Front of House & Trainer (Former Employee) –  Kingston upon Hull12 July 2018
Great place to work if you are looking to progress in the food industry. Lots of fun benefits including regular staff days out and parties. Ideal for the younger generation and students.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Late nights
great place
griller/Buddy trainer (Former Employee) –  Colchester11 July 2018
this was one of my favorite jobs you meet somany new and amazing people, theres so much room for progression and great benifits would love to work back there
Pros
great people
Cons
hot enviroment
Fast Progession
Buddy Trainer (Current Employee) –  Newport, Newport4 February 2018
A typical day would consist of running food orders, cleaning and preparing tables, greeting customers with a high quality customer care. Very fast paced job, menu is constantly updated so it keeps you on your toes learning the new items. The hardest part would be the stress of managing several roles at once due to lack of staff. Working as a team definitely has its perks, they are a great bunch of colleagues who are always very friendly and welcoming.
Nice place to work
BUDDY TRAINER (Former Employee) –  London8 December 2017
Good Company. I had a very good experience there. The job is easy, you just need to learn the standars of the company and then everything flows. If you work in the grills or coordination is harder than the people who work in the floor, hosting or tills. In my opinion grillers and coordinators should earn more money than the rest. So, it is a good company but needs to improve in that thing. Salary could be better in general.
Pros
Free lunches, flexibility, good atmosphere.
Cons
Grillers and coordinators should be payed more than the other positions
Best place to work
Griller / Buddy Trainer (Former Employee) –  Bedford14 January 2018
Best place to work, left only because I wanted to progress as a chef. Will never forget amazing time that I had working for Nando's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pros
Paid Brakes, Good Rotas, Fair Management, Feel Respected
Cons
Could offer more possibilities for chefs to grow
Good Company
Staff Trainer (Former Employee) –  North West8 March 2018
I really enjoy general work days, its a fun relaxed atmosphere.I have gained many skills from here. The hardest part of the job is dealing with hungry customers!
Its fun for a while
Buddy Trainer (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London13 November 2017
This job could be enjoyable if u are lucky to find one which got a good management team and is not incredibly busy.
But still is better then most restaurant and they always looking for people.
Pros
free food, free gym, lots of young people
Cons
inexperienced managers, to many double shift
Busy fast pace environment
Store trainer (Former Employee) –  London18 December 2017
This is a busy fast pace environment lace to work where no 2 days are the same with lots of different challenges everyday. It is a place for career focused people that want to go up in the ladder.
Pros
free lunches
Easy going, fun environment
Buddy Trainer (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands20 August 2017
Nandos is a great place to work and have their employees in their best interest. It is an easy place to work from day to day, and even offer an easy route to advance your skills although can also be the perfect place when in-between jobs or to work alongside studying. The management are understanding and fair, however, this can depend on the restaurant you work in. The most enjoyable part of the job is the family atmosphere and the friendliness of the staff.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Dependability from managers on harder working staff
Up and down experience
Buddy Trainer (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London20 July 2017
I have worked at Nandos for over a year now and the mood there goes up and down. The typical day includes serving customers and serving the food. I learned how to communicate with customers as well as how to solve problems. The management varies, sometimes they will leave and be replaced meaning you may end up with someone more or less friendly than the last manager. Sometimes managers are unprofessional and make work life harder for some staff members depending on their friendships. The hardest part of the job is closing the restaurant, if you are short on staff then there is a lot of physical work to do alone. Closing the restaurant can result in leaving hours after your shift has finished and getting home at early hours of the morning. The most enjoyable part of the job is having parties and work gatherings on occasions.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Best place i've ever worked
Nandoca/Buddy trainer/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Braintree, Essex9 August 2017
Really fun and social work environment. Great opportunity to advance regardless of entry level. Amazing team spirit. Fantastic management all the way up.
Pros
Free food, you are well looked after, listened to and respected. Opportunities for more.
Cons
Occasionanly long unsocial hours.
Great!!
Buddy Trainer (Current Employee) –  Bournemouth, Dorset26 June 2017
Great fun to work, with fantastic job security. I've learned a lot being here and moving up the ranks pretty quickly. Management team are great, everyone is. (Apart from one or two, but that happens everywhere) It's like a big family.
Pros
Free food when working, great discounts when not. Brilliant perks and holidays.
Cons
Late night weekends.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nando's. Our community is ready to answer.