Nando's Employee Reviews for Trainer

Found 67 reviews matching the search See all 1,662 reviews
If you Love Nandos - Nandos loves you
Buddy Trainer, Member of Marketing (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow9 September 2018
Great place to work - fun and great for different opportunities. This place offers flexible hours and fee food. Good staff members who are reliable and trustworthy.
Pros
Free food, big discounts, the family feelingc
Cons
Could be stressfull at times
i am currently working for nandos, really fun and good management team.
Griller, cashier, buddy trainer (Current Employee) –  London7 August 2018
this is my first restaurant job, the experience working here make me realize that fitness is what am suppose to be chasing. we are one big family that work together and support each other where needed.
Fast paced fun work place
Front of House & Trainer (Former Employee) –  Kingston upon Hull12 July 2018
Great place to work if you are looking to progress in the food industry. Lots of fun benefits including regular staff days out and parties. Ideal for the younger generation and students.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Late nights
Great company to work for with strong advancement opportunities
Buddy Trainer (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh12 July 2018
I loved working here and never would have left if I was not moving. Even though it can be highly stressful at times, I always left feeling good and made a family for myself there.
Pros
Great teamwork, supportive management
Cons
Long hours, sometimes horrible customers
great place
griller/Buddy trainer (Former Employee) –  Colchester11 July 2018
this was one of my favorite jobs you meet somany new and amazing people, theres so much room for progression and great benifits would love to work back there
Pros
great people
Cons
hot enviroment
Best catering company to work for
Buddy Trainer (Former Employee) –  Aylesbury13 May 2018
Fun family environment to work for. Can progress within the company quickly. Great atmosphere in every restaurant to eat & work at
So many pros to work for Nandos.
Worldwide company have about 450 restaurants and still growing
They do a lot for charity,
Pros
Free lunch, in/out door parties & like your second family
Cons
Not every store the same eg vibe
Fun but terrible management
Buddy Trainer (Current Employee) –  London East, Greater London8 May 2018
In my time at Nando's I saw around 15 different managers in my Nando's every six month is like a whole new management team. But Nando's is very fun to work for and lots of parties. However, there are not a lot of benefits. One good benefit is you can transfer store depending on your location which is easy.
Pros
Free lunch, fun teams, parties
Cons
Long hours, Lots of cleaning, poor management
Fun, family feel with a caring management team!
Nandoca --> Buddy Trainer --> Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, Derbyshire30 March 2018
I worked at Nando's for about 3 years before deciding to pursue my dream of becoming a Pilot. I had had many jobs before that, mainly in the restaurant industry and they don't even come close. I worked every side of the restaurant (floor, grills, back of house), in multiple restaurants across multiple regions, and even into management. Nando's is a great company to work for.

Wage: minimum wage for a 25 year old, regardless of age.

FREE FOOD: If, like me, you are young and broke, you will love this! They give you AT LEAST one meal per shift you do and multiple meals depending on your shift length.

Breaks: You are GUARANTEED at least one break (as long as your shift is longer than 4.5 hours). Breaks are also paid for on your full wage too!

Personal Development & Career Progression: Nando's recognise the desire for progression in their employees and strive to bring out the best in them. Doesn't matter if its confidence issues or personal battles Nando's want to see you excel and really help you to achieve whatever goal you may have.

Staff days/nights out & Regional parties: Every few months Nando's holds big regional parties in a privately hired venue with pre-paid drinks and a chance to let your hair down, meet new people and catch up with friends from different restaurants.

Meeting new people: After a while of working in your restaurant you may be asked to cover a shift in another restaurant in the region, either by yourself or with friends from your restaurant. this is a great opportunity to make new friends then when you go to your regional parties you
  more... have an even better time!

Great Management: The managers hired by Nando's are based on their character as well as their ability to perform. Gaining that perfect balance of friend and colleague happens naturally and therefor naturally makes you want to become a better employee.

Contracted Hours: Nando's refuse to offer 0 hour contracts and therefor you are guaranteed hours every week. This means going to the bank to apply for a loan or credit card, getting a living space of your own etc is not a problem! Also puts your mind at ease knowing you have guaranteed hours coming up!

Nando's realise that if your staff are happy, their customers are happy. So what are you waiting for? Find your sense of Pride, Passion, Courage, Integrity and Family now! (You'll get what I mean by that when you apply! ;) )
Pros
Everything listed!
Cons
Doesn't include overtime unfortunately
Good Company
Staff Trainer (Former Employee) –  North West8 March 2018
I really enjoy general work days, its a fun relaxed atmosphere.I have gained many skills from here. The hardest part of the job is dealing with hungry customers!
Fast Progession
Buddy Trainer (Current Employee) –  Newport, Newport4 February 2018
A typical day would consist of running food orders, cleaning and preparing tables, greeting customers with a high quality customer care. Very fast paced job, menu is constantly updated so it keeps you on your toes learning the new items. The hardest part would be the stress of managing several roles at once due to lack of staff. Working as a team definitely has its perks, they are a great bunch of colleagues who are always very friendly and welcoming.
Best place to work
Griller / Buddy Trainer (Former Employee) –  Bedford14 January 2018
Best place to work, left only because I wanted to progress as a chef. Will never forget amazing time that I had working for Nando's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pros
Paid Brakes, Good Rotas, Fair Management, Feel Respected
Cons
Could offer more possibilities for chefs to grow
Busy fast pace environment
Store trainer (Former Employee) –  London18 December 2017
This is a busy fast pace environment lace to work where no 2 days are the same with lots of different challenges everyday. It is a place for career focused people that want to go up in the ladder.
Pros
free lunches
Nice place to work
BUDDY TRAINER (Former Employee) –  London8 December 2017
Good Company. I had a very good experience there. The job is easy, you just need to learn the standars of the company and then everything flows. If you work in the grills or coordination is harder than the people who work in the floor, hosting or tills. In my opinion grillers and coordinators should earn more money than the rest. So, it is a good company but needs to improve in that thing. Salary could be better in general.
Pros
Free lunches, flexibility, good atmosphere.
Cons
Grillers and coordinators should be payed more than the other positions
Its fun for a while
Buddy Trainer (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London13 November 2017
This job could be enjoyable if u are lucky to find one which got a good management team and is not incredibly busy.
But still is better then most restaurant and they always looking for people.
Pros
free food, free gym, lots of young people
Cons
inexperienced managers, to many double shift
Good
Buddy Trainer (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London31 October 2017
Very good comapany. I was working part of the team. I've been working there for 1 year and a half, and I've been promoted! It's a very good place to work
Fun at times
Buddy Trainer (Current Employee) –  London15 October 2017
This job can be fun and a nightmare at times, staff are very friendly as well are the managers but it is clear that managers have favorites and it creates tension at times within the working environment.
Best place to work
Buddy Trainer (Former Employee) –  Boldon Colliery5 October 2017
make friends for life, good laugh on shift
partys and staff days out every few month
free food and out of work events like pride, great north run and more
Pros
free lunch
Cons
not really a livable wage
Hard work
Specialist/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Bath and North East Somerset14 September 2017
hard work mostly good team, good training benefits , looking after the team good work conditions, strong favoritism towards certain groups of employees
family enviroment
Buddy Trainer (Former Employee) –  Hereford, Herefordshire14 September 2017
Great company to work for with lots of opportunities, Loved working with food and also being able to serve the customers the food, Always ways to develop in the company.
Pros
free food
Easy going, fun environment
Buddy Trainer (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands20 August 2017
Nandos is a great place to work and have their employees in their best interest. It is an easy place to work from day to day, and even offer an easy route to advance your skills although can also be the perfect place when in-between jobs or to work alongside studying. The management are understanding and fair, however, this can depend on the restaurant you work in. The most enjoyable part of the job is the family atmosphere and the friendliness of the staff.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Dependability from managers on harder working staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nando's. Our community is ready to answer.