Nando's Employee Reviews for Server

Found 129 reviews matching the search See all 1,690 reviews
productive and fun work place
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Leicester8 October 2018
it was OK I guess. we got free food every day but it was hard to work in that heat.
I meet new people every day along the way
my confidence went up everyday as I meet new people I had a team to work with
Pros
free food
Cons
hot place to work
exciting and fun place of work
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Widnes2 October 2018
I really enjoyed working at nandos and how each day was different there. all the staff where super friendly and I really enjoyed working there. it was like being a part of a family. nandos take pride in the culture and background which I find very interesting. when I started I was paired with someone else who showed me what to do which allowed me to then complete tasks as best as I could
Pros
free food/discount
Cons
not many hours
nice place to work
Waiter - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Orpington, Greater London1 October 2018
I did work experience at Nando's my job role was a waiter I was responsible for meeting and greeting new customers and taking orders. The employees helped me with my job role I enjoyed working at Nando's because I like the people that worked at Nando's they were very friendly and helpful to me I was able to have a good leaning experience.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
not a enough break
Family business
waitress (Current Employee) –  Doncaster, South Yorkshire26 September 2018
Working at nandos has helped me to gain valuable experience and skills. It is a brilliant company who looks after you as if you are family, and that includes working in the many nandos restaurants I have worked in across the UK. I always feel looked after and I always feel I can talk to my fellow colleagues and managers if ever I feel there is a problem.
Pros
Free food and good wage
Cons
Can sometimes be long hours
productive and fun workplace
waitress/cashier (Former Employee) –  Orpington23 September 2018
i thoroughly enjoyed my job at Nandos, it was a lovely environment and the people were always supportive and understanding.i wish i didn't have to leave to be honest.
its okay
waitress and griller (Former Employee) –  Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands5 September 2018
amazing as a social job and perfect for students, gets stressful but you get a free meal every shift you meet so many people and work along people who you can easily relate too. if youre good at working in fast paced environments then go for it, teamwork makes the dream work
Pros
free food woo
Cons
understaffed in certain resturaunts
fun and fast paced workplace
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands3 September 2018
Nandos is a good environment, its fast pace and a place i was constantly busy. I enjoyed the workspace and kept up to track with the weekly rota. i learnt everything i needed to know from running food to tills to working on the door. The hardest part of the job is closing up and making sure everything is perfect. i wouldn't count if as hard tho i would jut count it as ver time time consuming. The most enjoyable thing about the workplace was the people and the different characters that are regular customers.
Pros
enviroment
Cons
closing up
fun people, bad hours
Trainer/Waitress (Current Employee) –  Tamworth22 August 2018
Overall I have enjoyed my time at nando's, the laughs with friends I've made but I now feel that I need to move on from the job make new friends and learn different life skills and hopefully a better paid job role I can enjoy more and have more free time instead of the constant changing of hours
Pros
free food every shift
Cons
long and late hours
fun workplace
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire26 July 2018
very calm and relaxed, good, nice , wonderful very cool awesome amazing ingenious hilarious. it was awesome this is really funny i'm glad that i've now wasted you time
fun place to work
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Wolverhampton18 July 2018
I do enjoy working for this organisation. you will meet life long friends. you get a free meal every time you work and have a break in between shifts.
fun workplace
Waitressing (Former Employee) –  Birmingham18 June 2018
the most enjoyable part of the job is when you know you have delivered good customer service and you can see that your customers are happy with their products and service.
Great place great community awesome food
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Covent Garden, Greater London16 June 2018
Great job to raise some money
good work environment
can be amazing staff
lot of improving opportunities
if you have the right attitude and skills you can easily be a manager or a supervisor in like a month
Pros
Free food
Cons
hard closings
Fun workplace
Waiter and Kitchen Porter (Current Employee) –  Bath15 June 2018
Great people and staff with great management , working hours and salary. Also the benefits that come with the job are really good. Working hours are very flexible
Pros
Free food on breaks
Cons
Later finish at night
fun workplace.
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Birmingham6 June 2018
Everyone you work with turns into your family, everyone is friendly and always help you out when you need it. Best place to work and you get a free meal with every shift you work. Great perks too!
Pros
free meals every shift
great workplace
Server/Waitress (Former Employee) –  London17 April 2018
best place to work as fist job , fun , loud ,fast , mixed team , great food and music .
the vibe is always amazing
theres no a day working for Nandos that you will be sad or bored .
Pros
free meals
Cons
low salary
Amazing
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Broughton, Flintshire3 April 2018
Loved working in such a fast pace environment, staff were always friendly and helpful. The managers were always really friendly and understanding, Nandos treat their workers amazingly.
Chicken.
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Huntingdon21 March 2018
Was an ok job team was very clicky so sometimes hard to communicate. Managers where ok just again had there favourites. Didn’t really listen to hours I could work always put me on ones I couldn’t do.
Pros
Free lunches and discounts
Cons
Hours where ones I couldn’t always work.
Great coworkers
WAITER (Former Employee) –  Bath9 March 2018
My brother let me get a work experience at Nandos and i found the staff i worked with to be friendly and cooperative. I gained an insight into the working world and gained so many skills from it
Pros
Lovely workers
Cons
Quick paced
Bad managed place
Waitress/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Leicester26 February 2018
It was such a good work place until all the best managers left and they hired new ones. They all act like they have been there forever making new rules and changes. Very unorganised. Managers being late to their own shift (1,5h) but they expect staff to be there on time! They send people home on a busy shifts - expecting you to do 3 people’s job.

Nandos if you want the restaurant to succeed you need to be careful who you hire as a manager because some can not MANAGE.
Pros
free lunch, paid breaks, team
Cons
favourism, bad managers
Workers exploitation
WAITER AND CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Woolwich7 February 2018
First job I did after arriving in the UK. Easy to enter, because people tend not to stay long in this job as workers are treated like cattle (mere disposable units of production). Poorly paid hardworking shifts. Good spirit between co-workers. Horrible job culture.
Pros
Made some friends amongst my co-workers
Cons
Only one meal per day, even if you work two shifts (lunch and dinner)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nando's. Our community is ready to answer.

Nando's Reviews by Location