Nando's Employee Reviews for Server

fun place to work
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Wolverhampton18 July 2018
I do enjoy working for this organisation. you will meet life long friends. you get a free meal every time you work and have a break in between shifts.
fun workplace
Waitressing (Former Employee) –  Birmingham18 June 2018
the most enjoyable part of the job is when you know you have delivered good customer service and you can see that your customers are happy with their products and service.
Great place great community awesome food
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Covent Garden, Greater London16 June 2018
Great job to raise some money
good work environment
can be amazing staff
lot of improving opportunities
if you have the right attitude and skills you can easily be a manager or a supervisor in like a month
Pros
Free food
Cons
hard closings
Fun workplace
Waiter and Kitchen Porter (Current Employee) –  Bath15 June 2018
Great people and staff with great management , working hours and salary. Also the benefits that come with the job are really good. Working hours are very flexible
Pros
Free food on breaks
Cons
Later finish at night
fun workplace.
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Birmingham6 June 2018
Everyone you work with turns into your family, everyone is friendly and always help you out when you need it. Best place to work and you get a free meal with every shift you work. Great perks too!
Pros
free meals every shift
great workplace
Server/Waitress (Former Employee) –  London17 April 2018
best place to work as fist job , fun , loud ,fast , mixed team , great food and music .
the vibe is always amazing
theres no a day working for Nandos that you will be sad or bored .
Pros
free meals
Cons
low salary
Amazing
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Broughton, Flintshire3 April 2018
Loved working in such a fast pace environment, staff were always friendly and helpful. The managers were always really friendly and understanding, Nandos treat their workers amazingly.
Chicken.
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Huntingdon21 March 2018
Was an ok job team was very clicky so sometimes hard to communicate. Managers where ok just again had there favourites. Didn’t really listen to hours I could work always put me on ones I couldn’t do.
Pros
Free lunches and discounts
Cons
Hours where ones I couldn’t always work.
Great coworkers
WAITER (Former Employee) –  Bath9 March 2018
My brother let me get a work experience at Nandos and i found the staff i worked with to be friendly and cooperative. I gained an insight into the working world and gained so many skills from it
Pros
Lovely workers
Cons
Quick paced
Bad managed place
Waitress/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Leicester26 February 2018
It was such a good work place until all the best managers left and they hired new ones. They all act like they have been there forever making new rules and changes. Very unorganised. Managers being late to their own shift (1,5h) but they expect staff to be there on time! They send people home on a busy shifts - expecting you to do 3 people’s job.

Nandos if you want the restaurant to succeed you need to be careful who you hire as a manager because some can not MANAGE.
Pros
free lunch, paid breaks, team
Cons
favourism, bad managers
Nando's
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Crawley28 January 2018
It was a good experience for me to learn new things and meet new people it was good for me to learn to use different equipment and getting on with costumers
Unfair
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands6 December 2017
The salary is good but it isn't worth the stress you get from customers and the unfair shifts you have, if you are going to work here then id recommend not being a student.
Pros
lunch
Cons
the hours you get
Life saver
Cashier/Waiter (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside30 November 2017
This job saved my life when I arrived to Liverpool and was unemployed. Didn't really know what to expect but everything was fine and the people there are lovely. It's a good place to work and I can't say any bad thing about it. Of course sometimes I don't like it that much especially when dealing with rude customers. But in general it is all sound.
Pros
Free meal any time you work four hours or longer
griller and waiter (Former Employee) –  London28 November 2017
Fun but most of the time very demanding cos it is really busy. The most enjoyable part of the job is taking orders and serving customers and the hardest is probably doing the cleaning in the end of the evening shift. Ideal job for an student as it can be really flexible.
Pros
Free meals and drinks
Cons
unsociable hours
Fun work place but stressful and unsociable hours
Waiter (Current Employee) –  Kent27 November 2017
A lovely restaurant to work in, like one big family however be prepared to work until past midnight some nights. A massive bonus is the free lunches..
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Long, unsociable hours
Very nice and cheerful
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Camberwell, Greater London24 November 2017
First and best place ive work so far. Such good staff as management, always on top. Everyone hard-worker, enjoyable ambient with smooth music always. Very good vibes basically.
Pros
Near home
fair pay
Waiter (Nandoca) (Former Employee) –  Castleford3 November 2017
fair pay for staff, they pay the staff under the age of 21 the same as the staff over 21, the staff are entitled to a free meal during their shift and free drinks.
productive and fun workplace
Waiting staff (Current Employee) –  East Kilbride, South Lanarkshire1 November 2017
Nando's is an excellent place to work! Your typical work day is never boring, it is an enjoyable, happy, very loud work place. They management team are some of the best I have ever had, they can be serious when they have to but are also are fun to be around or a good shoulder to cry on. The staff in Nando's are all one team and we love to soak up as much of the Nando's background and workplace culture as we can. I would say the hardest part of the job would of been at the start trying to learn the roles between being on a customer front on the floors to cooking the food in the back was difficult but with the help of your team mates and management you will never struggle and you pick it up really fast. The most enjoyable part on working in Nando's is definitely the social side of the job, all the staff have such a good relationship we always have a good laugh! every few months we have a team build to bring us closer together and through summer and Christmas all the stores in the region have a night out for "Regionals" so they give back to us what we give to them in work.
Pros
Free food or Discounted food
Cons
Long late hours
Productive and fun environment.
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Ealing Broadway Station22 October 2017
I enjoyed working with Nandos and it gave me the experience I needed to go on to work in another restaurant. I only worked there for two weeks as it was part of experience required for my prince of trust course. They asked me to stay on but I found another job closer to me.
Pros
free lunch and experience
terrible
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Croydon17 October 2017
the people that worked there where rude. they never treated any other colleagues with respect and the management was terrible. the hardest part of the job was using the meat cleaver to cut the chicken. but then again, this was a few years ago.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
disrespectful collegues

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nando's. Our community is ready to answer.

Nando's Reviews by Location