Nando's Employee Reviews for Server

Unfair
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands6 December 2017
The salary is good but it isn't worth the stress you get from customers and the unfair shifts you have, if you are going to work here then id recommend not being a student.
Pros
lunch
Cons
the hours you get
Life saver
Cashier/Waiter (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside30 November 2017
This job saved my life when I arrived to Liverpool and was unemployed. Didn't really know what to expect but everything was fine and the people there are lovely. It's a good place to work and I can't say any bad thing about it. Of course sometimes I don't like it that much especially when dealing with rude customers. But in general it is all sound.
Pros
Free meal any time you work four hours or longer
griller and waiter (Former Employee) –  London28 November 2017
Fun but most of the time very demanding cos it is really busy. The most enjoyable part of the job is taking orders and serving customers and the hardest is probably doing the cleaning in the end of the evening shift. Ideal job for an student as it can be really flexible.
Pros
Free meals and drinks
Cons
unsociable hours
Fun work place but stressful and unsociable hours
Waiter (Current Employee) –  Kent27 November 2017
A lovely restaurant to work in, like one big family however be prepared to work until past midnight some nights. A massive bonus is the free lunches..
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Long, unsociable hours
Very nice and cheerful
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Camberwell, Greater London24 November 2017
First and best place ive work so far. Such good staff as management, always on top. Everyone hard-worker, enjoyable ambient with smooth music always. Very good vibes basically.
Pros
Near home
fair pay
Waiter (Nandoca) (Former Employee) –  Castleford3 November 2017
fair pay for staff, they pay the staff under the age of 21 the same as the staff over 21, the staff are entitled to a free meal during their shift and free drinks.
productive and fun workplace
Waiting staff (Current Employee) –  East Kilbride, South Lanarkshire1 November 2017
Nando's is an excellent place to work! Your typical work day is never boring, it is an enjoyable, happy, very loud work place. They management team are some of the best I have ever had, they can be serious when they have to but are also are fun to be around or a good shoulder to cry on. The staff in Nando's are all one team and we love to soak up as much of the Nando's background and workplace culture as we can. I would say the hardest part of the job would of been at the start trying to learn the roles between being on a customer front on the floors to cooking the food in the back was difficult but with the help of your team mates and management you will never struggle and you pick it up really fast. The most enjoyable part on working in Nando's is definitely the social side of the job, all the staff have such a good relationship we always have a good laugh! every few months we have a team build to bring us closer together and through summer and Christmas all the stores in the region have a night out for "Regionals" so they give back to us what we give to them in work.
Pros
Free food or Discounted food
Cons
Long late hours
Productive and fun environment.
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Ealing Broadway Station22 October 2017
I enjoyed working with Nandos and it gave me the experience I needed to go on to work in another restaurant. I only worked there for two weeks as it was part of experience required for my prince of trust course. They asked me to stay on but I found another job closer to me.
Pros
free lunch and experience
terrible
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Croydon17 October 2017
the people that worked there where rude. they never treated any other colleagues with respect and the management was terrible. the hardest part of the job was using the meat cleaver to cut the chicken. but then again, this was a few years ago.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
disrespectful collegues
Productive but very fast paced
Waiter/Coordinator/Griller (Former Employee) –  Telford13 October 2017
Nandos is a very popular place to eat. This sometimes makes things very difficult for the staff that are on at the time. Just a small mistake from 1 person can cause huge consequences that lead to customers becoming unhappy with the wait times and/or service. Most days I would be at work, the restaurant would be packed and it meant that people had to make sure that they kept up. If one person fell behind everyone did because they would have to wait for that person to catch up before being able to carry on what they were doing.
Pros
Free food whilst on shift and big discounts when not working
Cons
Can be there until 2am if on closes
Good
Till Operator and Waiter (Current Employee) –  Belfast11 October 2017
Good company to work with. The management are generally lovely people who genuinely care about your wellbeing.
The pay is above minimum wage for me. However, the working times can be annoying.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Unsociable Hours
overall working at nandos
Waitress - Part Time (Current Employee) –  Telford, Shropshire27 September 2017
working at Nandos is fun, they are family orientated, work around your flexibility and make sure you are okay with it
it can be stressful at times when it comes to rush hour.
Pros
Free food on your breaks
Cons
busy at rush hour
Productive and organized
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Harlow, Essex25 September 2017
Is nice work place, nice people,and it have busy times which are very stressful. Very good management,very helpful. Nandos is good company if u are seaching for challenging position, and aswell u can develop there.
fun and enjoyable
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton19 September 2017
i found working at nandos to be a enjoyable experience for the most part, after every shift you get free nandos and 30% off, i was made to feel welcome and part of the team straight away making friends on my first day, it is hard work but most definitely worth it.
Pros
free food and 30% off meals
Cons
can be there up til 2 in the morning if on a close
Fun workplace.
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire31 August 2017
My main duties were waiting staff, serving customers and taking orders, serving food and preparing food. I was also making sure that customers felt welcome and comfortable during their meal. As a waitress I was greeting and welcoming customers as they arrived and showing them their table.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No cons
Amazing company to work for
/Buddy/Griller/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Sunderland30 July 2017
Staff are all inviting, it is as much your choice who works there as it is the management. Amazing opportunity to advance. Works party's are always fantastic( Christmas/regionals/worksnight out whicg are all payed for in fantastic locations) your dinner is free ( a must for anyone who loves Nando's) and if your on a long shift you revive 2 ) drinks at the end of a shift on a Friday and Saturday. Employe if the month wins a prize ( either £30 or something to the same value ) all in all just a fab place to work
Pros
Free food, party's, fantastic for students, amazing people
Cons
Split shifts, no advanced rota
Great atmosphere to work in
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Bradford City Centre, West Yorkshire19 July 2017
Great atmosphere and working staff. The most enjoyable part was satisfying customers and making sure they were happy with the service they were getting.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Rude Customers
Not just a restaurant
Waitress/Nandoca (Current Employee) –  Bradford12 July 2017
Working here gives me the opportunity to study and have balance work and social life around having a job, the hours are fair and staff every shift are entitled to a break and a meal. the most enjoyable part of working with Nandos is the expressive
characteristics within all the staff that work there and no matter if the shift is hard we all stick together as a family. Other benefits include staff days/nights out and opportunities in other areas of the company such as working on new projects or attending events. ( Also the food is really good)
Pros
staff events, working at festivals, wider range of jobs with the company, meals on shift, discounts on weekdays and weekends, holiday pay
Cashier/Waiter (Former Employee) –  Sunderland, Tyne and Wear29 June 2017
I didnt enjoy the time working there there was a click mentality between the management and their chosen few. some of the management were lazy. didnt feel cared about or apreciated
Enjoyable , happy environment
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Wrexham, Wrexham27 June 2017
A nice place to work . They encourage team social events and nights out . Good teamwork and effective management techniques. Good training given and not allowed to work autonomously until all checks and tests passed . A small test is given after training period .
Pros
Free food
Cons
No tips handed out . Used for nights out .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nando's. Our community is ready to answer.

Nando's Reviews by Location