Nando's Employee Reviews for Nandoca

Professional and fun place
Nandoca (Former Employee) –  London24 January 2018
my day usually starts with the food preparation or cooking, after that I have to clean my workplace.
I have learned that with the organization, work preparation, hygiene habits and teamwork everything becomes easier and more secure, This culture that is practiced in this workplace.
The hardest part of the job is when someone is missing, and that makes everything hard for the rest of the team, but in the end of the day we feel satisfied that the job is done
The management is working well, taking good care of all the business.
Productive and fun place to work
Nandoca (Former Employee) –  Inverness, Highland15 January 2018
It was good fun working at Nando's met loads of new peopel. It was a good experience different to any of the other jobs I've done. It was good over all.
Pros
Free food every shift
Cons
Productive and fun work place
Nandoca (Former Employee) –  Telford2 November 2017
well structured work place with job satisfaction and motivated staff members .Managers rewarded staff for hard work and loyalty excellent training given to staff.
Pros
free food on every shift and 40% off food
Cons
not enough staff to cope on shifts
Fun
Nandoca (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands1 November 2017
Enjoyable place to work and the free food is amazing. Managers are very understanding and friendly. The nandoca pledge is pretty difficult to learn but very benificial.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
4 hour shifts
Ok company as a stepping stone into something bigger
Nandoca (Former Employee) –  Telford10 October 2017
Nandos Was a great company to work for to gain confidence in myself and what I'm able to achieve in my personal life goals, not so good at being able to progress within the company unless you fit in with a click of a few people. Seems to be they want to employee a lot of younger staff to keep up with Nando's being aimed at younger adults where as sometimes thats not always the case because of some of the staff being so young they don't take work as serious they see it as a laugh and joke and don't see why they should have to do some of the jobs expected of them but then also a lot of older members of staff are the same there is nothing in place for people not to just keep passing on jobs everyone just wants to pass it on until no one does it. the work life balance is awful! you can work one day 12-9 next day 10-2 following day 6-10 and always be all over the place and then the rota isn't normally done until the saturday or Sunday for the next monday so there is no way of planning, They don't actually stand by the nando's values
Pros
wage confidence friends
Cons
management work life balance expectations
Easy to get along with staff
Nandoca (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire17 September 2017
Good job, being able to acquire a work/social life balance. The pay is good, however do not receive tips and can often involve staying late and being under pressure when there is a staff shortage
Quick paced
Nandoca (Former Employee) –  Westfield Stratford City, Greater London21 July 2017
As a Nandoca you have the responsibility of looking after the customers in your designated area. I learnt how to time manage as well as to better my multi tasking skills. The workplace culture is great, the hardest part is dealing with uncooperative customers, people who don't speak English and children running around whilst carrying plates to and from the back of house. Management is questionable. The most enjoyable part of the job was talking to the happy, appreciative customers.
Pros
Lunch provided
Cons
Long Hours
Productive and fun workplace
Nandoca (Former Employee) –  Brighton and Hove16 July 2017
Enjoyed the work life at Nandos, and met interesting people who became friends, whilst learning a variety of skills. Was hard work but very enjoyable.
Pros
Free lunches
working there
Nandoca (Former Employee) –  Glasgow3 July 2017
at the start i found it hard and wasn't really a fan of it as i was more used to just being in a kitchen but after a few months they helped me get better with customers and i learned to like it, The management will do what they can do help you with everything to your personal life to making sure you can get to work on time.
Pros
good staff and management are nice
Cons
if you live far away from your store getting home can be a pain
productive fun
Nandoca (Current Employee) –  Edgware, Greater London13 June 2017
I have learnt how to work in busy environment, the hardest part of the job is the cleaning process that takes place after the end of the day. you get free meals after your shift.
Pros
free lunches
Good pay, but awful hours
Nandoca (Former Employee) –  Stevenage19 May 2017
Typical Day - interacting with all the customers, serving food, cleaning consonantly
Learned - Customer feedback and more confidence
Management - Poor, didn't take into account that i couldn't work long hours as i was in the middle of exams, kept putting me on too many shifts.
Hardest - Keeping track of orders and tables, difficult customers
Enjoyable - Free food at end of shift
Pros
Free food and salary
Cons
Long hours, some bad staff
Amazing place to work
Nandoca (Current Employee) –  Glasgow9 May 2017
Nandos is one of the best companies to work for. They are very good to their staff, doing activities such as regional parties and team building days for all the staff to go along to. Very good pay.
Pros
Good pay. Good management.
Cons
Repetitive. Lack of variety when it comes to shifts. Late nights.
fun workplace
Nandoca (Former Employee) –  Telford, Shropshire25 April 2017
Its a good company to work for, very loving and family based.
i haven't wanted to leave because of the people most of all. All the management interact with team and its literally like one big family.
Pros
good money, family orientated
Cons
long hours, mixed shifts
Fun workplace, Great people, Easy job
Nandoca (Former Employee) –  Kilburn, Greater London19 April 2017
great place to go up, either as management or supervisor etc. Great team, very friendly, I enjoyed this job a lot, as I learnt a lot. the hardest part of the job would be working late and weekend shifts, however, the time goes by quickly due to the great and friendly team
Pros
free lunch
Enjoyable and fun place to work.
Nandoca (Former Employee) –  Gateshead, Tyne and Wear16 April 2017
I enjoyed working at Nandos. It was a fun and enjoyable and I was able to enhance my customer service skills. I loved being able to interact with customers and help them when necessary.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Rota
Nandoca (Current Employee) –  Darlington, UK2 April 2017
Amazing place to work, amazing people, amazing benefits. Just an all round 10/10. It's like a family, you don't feel like you're coming to work, you feel like it's a second home.
fun relax enviroment
Nandoca (Former Employee) –  Sevenoaks, Kent30 March 2017
Best job I've had, The staff are loving caring people who always have your back, and the work place is full with action.Very easy to understand what to do and how to complete set task.
Pros
free lunch
Young dynamic company
A Nandoca (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London29 March 2017
Pros

Work hard, play hard. Values based and collaborative. Minimal hierarchy, can talk to anybody and lovely to walk into any restaurant and feel part of the Nando's family immediately.
Do alot to help grow you through development on competencies.

Cons

Everybody has to have an opinion which slows getting things done.
Low processes and trying to define processes is painful because everybody feels they need to be included or involved.
Still better to have a fun environment where everybody cares than not!

Advice to Management
Agree things and communicate it so we can get cracking on the top priority projects
Pros
Free Nando's every working day!
Cons
Too much collaboration, not getting to decisions and getting things done.
Productive, busy and fun workplace
Nandoca (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow10 March 2017
I have learned how to handle raw and cooked food. Uphold the highest hygienic standards in front and back house. Career opportunities are available to anyone and management is quite reluctant to train you even if you start from ground zero. The organisational culture and environment have done nothing else but to get all of the employees as engaged as possible in every aspect of the job. The hardest part would be handling picky customer complaints and to maintain the highest cooking and cleaning standards. The most enjoyable part was the people you work with, from management to staff and the atmosphere of the restaurant
Pros
Free food, Good paid leave
Cons
Unsociable Hours
Clicky atmosphere and shambles management
Nandoca (Former Employee) –  Dundee, Dundee City24 February 2017
Its a shame as i loved working here, particularly when cover was required in OTHER stores. It provided a sort of 'relief' to get away from your own store and its staff. I feel the problem was a lot of staff that still act like they are at high school. Clicks in nandos are crazy! If you are not liked (particularly by management) then you either have to leave or be sacked bacause your time here will not be enjoyable and you will have zero chance of progression.
Pros
Loved the job
Cons
Hated the people!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nando's. Our community is ready to answer.

Nando's Reviews by Location