Nando's Employee Reviews for Nandoca

Fun, youtuhful environment
Nandoca (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow7 April 2018
People are fun to work with, management currently isn't the best at the one i worked with, but previous teams were a joy and pleasure to work with. Due to current team, I just feel like i've out stayed my welcome.
Pros
free lunches / paid breaks
Cons
management
Nando's
Nandoca (Current Employee) –  Hamilton29 March 2018
I have always had a lot of passion for Nando's as a company to work for and I was never shy of highlighting my enjoyment towards my job. After working in Nando's for almost five years, certain aspects of the job started to change. These changes started to develop over the last year causing many staff members to lose motivation and the determination towards making our store great.
The values that Nando's once had started to wear off on every employee, including myself. The only concept of our store that was keeping my own drive towards making the store better was the customers. Over the years my customer relations grew and delevoped, and i was able to help create a standard that promoted happiness for the customers that continued to use our store.
The hardest part of the job is attempting to make other employees enjoy their job more,and trying to help the team work better together in order to provide a moral that everyone should promote.
Other than various issues that occurred within the team itself, nando's as a whole is a fantastic company to work for and the management team are by far the most caring and understanding group of individuals, which is why i have hesitated leaving until now.
Pros
Customers, understanding and loving management team, opportunity to grow within the company
Cons
other staff members attitudes towards their job and the company
Fun environment
Nandoca (Former Employee) –  Merry Hill13 March 2018
This was my second job. I was still at college and heading off to uni and they were really understanding and supportive. The staff are brutally honest but are always willing to help and train new staff. I loved working here and the wage was great, the only downside being the finishing touches.
Good with hours, relatively flexible and lunch meals always provided.
Pros
Free food, friendly staff, nice environment.
Cons
Long-ish hours, lack of details.
Good Company
Nandoca (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands7 March 2018
Thoroughly enjoyed the team I worked with and although holiday was difficult to book, every shift, including stressful ones were enjoyable. The pay was very good as everyone is on the same hourly rate (2017 - £7.20) which was brilliant as I was 19 at the time.
Pros
Free lunches, try to fit around your availability, fun to work at.
Cons
Sometimes shifts can be long and holidays can be hard to book
Good Atmosphere but some cons
Nandoca (Former Employee) –  Thurrock, Essex29 January 2018
Working in Nandos helped me to make new friends and gain experience in a new industry. The salary was well deserved, however you do not receive sick pay. Hours are ideal, as they are very flexible. Some tasks I was assigned to were not mentioned in my interview.
Professional and fun place
Nandoca (Former Employee) –  London24 January 2018
my day usually starts with the food preparation or cooking, after that I have to clean my workplace.
I have learned that with the organization, work preparation, hygiene habits and teamwork everything becomes easier and more secure, This culture that is practiced in this workplace.
The hardest part of the job is when someone is missing, and that makes everything hard for the rest of the team, but in the end of the day we feel satisfied that the job is done
The management is working well, taking good care of all the business.
Productive and fun place to work
Nandoca (Former Employee) –  Inverness, Highland15 January 2018
It was good fun working at Nando's met loads of new peopel. It was a good experience different to any of the other jobs I've done. It was good over all.
Pros
Free food every shift
Cons
Productive and fun work place
Nandoca (Former Employee) –  Telford2 November 2017
well structured work place with job satisfaction and motivated staff members .Managers rewarded staff for hard work and loyalty excellent training given to staff.
Pros
free food on every shift and 40% off food
Cons
not enough staff to cope on shifts
Fun
Nandoca (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands1 November 2017
Enjoyable place to work and the free food is amazing. Managers are very understanding and friendly. The nandoca pledge is pretty difficult to learn but very benificial.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
4 hour shifts
Ok company as a stepping stone into something bigger
Nandoca (Former Employee) –  Telford10 October 2017
Nandos Was a great company to work for to gain confidence in myself and what I'm able to achieve in my personal life goals, not so good at being able to progress within the company unless you fit in with a click of a few people. Seems to be they want to employee a lot of younger staff to keep up with Nando's being aimed at younger adults where as sometimes thats not always the case because of some of the staff being so young they don't take work as serious they see it as a laugh and joke and don't see why they should have to do some of the jobs expected of them but then also a lot of older members of staff are the same there is nothing in place for people not to just keep passing on jobs everyone just wants to pass it on until no one does it. the work life balance is awful! you can work one day 12-9 next day 10-2 following day 6-10 and always be all over the place and then the rota isn't normally done until the saturday or Sunday for the next monday so there is no way of planning, They don't actually stand by the nando's values
Pros
wage confidence friends
Cons
management work life balance expectations
Easy to get along with staff
Nandoca (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire17 September 2017
Good job, being able to acquire a work/social life balance. The pay is good, however do not receive tips and can often involve staying late and being under pressure when there is a staff shortage
Quick paced
Nandoca (Former Employee) –  Westfield Stratford City, Greater London21 July 2017
As a Nandoca you have the responsibility of looking after the customers in your designated area. I learnt how to time manage as well as to better my multi tasking skills. The workplace culture is great, the hardest part is dealing with uncooperative customers, people who don't speak English and children running around whilst carrying plates to and from the back of house. Management is questionable. The most enjoyable part of the job was talking to the happy, appreciative customers.
Pros
Lunch provided
Cons
Long Hours
Productive and fun workplace
Nandoca (Former Employee) –  Brighton and Hove16 July 2017
Enjoyed the work life at Nandos, and met interesting people who became friends, whilst learning a variety of skills. Was hard work but very enjoyable.
Pros
Free lunches
working there
Nandoca (Former Employee) –  Glasgow3 July 2017
at the start i found it hard and wasn't really a fan of it as i was more used to just being in a kitchen but after a few months they helped me get better with customers and i learned to like it, The management will do what they can do help you with everything to your personal life to making sure you can get to work on time.
Pros
good staff and management are nice
Cons
if you live far away from your store getting home can be a pain
productive fun
Nandoca (Current Employee) –  Edgware, Greater London13 June 2017
I have learnt how to work in busy environment, the hardest part of the job is the cleaning process that takes place after the end of the day. you get free meals after your shift.
Pros
free lunches
Good pay, but awful hours
Nandoca (Former Employee) –  Stevenage19 May 2017
Typical Day - interacting with all the customers, serving food, cleaning consonantly
Learned - Customer feedback and more confidence
Management - Poor, didn't take into account that i couldn't work long hours as i was in the middle of exams, kept putting me on too many shifts.
Hardest - Keeping track of orders and tables, difficult customers
Enjoyable - Free food at end of shift
Pros
Free food and salary
Cons
Long hours, some bad staff
Amazing place to work
Nandoca (Current Employee) –  Glasgow9 May 2017
Nandos is one of the best companies to work for. They are very good to their staff, doing activities such as regional parties and team building days for all the staff to go along to. Very good pay.
Pros
Good pay. Good management.
Cons
Repetitive. Lack of variety when it comes to shifts. Late nights.
fun workplace
Nandoca (Former Employee) –  Telford, Shropshire25 April 2017
Its a good company to work for, very loving and family based.
i haven't wanted to leave because of the people most of all. All the management interact with team and its literally like one big family.
Pros
good money, family orientated
Cons
long hours, mixed shifts
Fun workplace, Great people, Easy job
Nandoca (Former Employee) –  Kilburn, Greater London19 April 2017
great place to go up, either as management or supervisor etc. Great team, very friendly, I enjoyed this job a lot, as I learnt a lot. the hardest part of the job would be working late and weekend shifts, however, the time goes by quickly due to the great and friendly team
Pros
free lunch
Enjoyable and fun place to work.
Nandoca (Former Employee) –  Gateshead, Tyne and Wear16 April 2017
I enjoyed working at Nandos. It was a fun and enjoyable and I was able to enhance my customer service skills. I loved being able to interact with customers and help them when necessary.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Rota

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nando's. Our community is ready to answer.