Nando's Employee Reviews for Nandoca

Average job
Nandoca (Former Employee) –  Liverpool25 June 2018
this job has long hours, often late and you don't feel valued as an employee. Although I expected more, it really was not a good working enviroment. :(
its okay if you get along with management.
Nandoca (Former Employee) –  Nottingham23 June 2018
Management would treat different members of staff differently for example some staff would be breaking their back at work whilst other staff are sat in the office having a natter when its busy. makes staff think they're under appreciated and theres obvious favouritism. management were a little hypocritical especially the main boss. pay was good minimum wage and staff meals provided when on shift. however some staff and management didn't seem to pull their weight which was unfair on everyone else.
Pros
free meals / no experience required
Cons
management
fun environment and great team members.
Nandoca (Former Employee) –  hove13 June 2018
fun environment and great team members.
can be tough and hard however, the environment makes it easier to cope with.
management treat you as a normal human which is a nice change from other work environments.
Pros
free luch
Cons
hard work
Amazing place to work
Nandoca (Former Employee) –  Cheshire Oaks11 June 2018
My first waitin on job and I loved every minute are working there. The managers are amazing and really helped me to develop and grow as a person and waitress.
Pros
Free food, staff rewards
productive and fun place to work
Nandoca (Former Employee) –  White City, Greater London22 May 2018
My role included greeting customer and seating them as well as taking their order at the tills, serving them their orders and cold and hot beverages such as coffee, tea, wine spirits. As an employee of Nando’s it was my duty to ensure customers receive great service whilst complete the task at hand as quickly as possible, which helped me improved my multitasking skills.
Ok place to work
Nandoca (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes3 May 2018
Can get very stressful but is expected to be in this kind of environment, learned a fair amount regarding food safety and general restaurant hygiene as hadn't worked in a restaurant before. people are polite and work as a team
Fun, youtuhful environment
Nandoca (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow7 April 2018
People are fun to work with, management currently isn't the best at the one i worked with, but previous teams were a joy and pleasure to work with. Due to current team, I just feel like i've out stayed my welcome.
Pros
free lunches / paid breaks
Cons
management
Nando's
Nandoca (Current Employee) –  Hamilton29 March 2018
I have always had a lot of passion for Nando's as a company to work for and I was never shy of highlighting my enjoyment towards my job. After working in Nando's for almost five years, certain aspects of the job started to change. These changes started to develop over the last year causing many staff members to lose motivation and the determination towards making our store great.
The values that Nando's once had started to wear off on every employee, including myself. The only concept of our store that was keeping my own drive towards making the store better was the customers. Over the years my customer relations grew and delevoped, and i was able to help create a standard that promoted happiness for the customers that continued to use our store.
The hardest part of the job is attempting to make other employees enjoy their job more,and trying to help the team work better together in order to provide a moral that everyone should promote.
Other than various issues that occurred within the team itself, nando's as a whole is a fantastic company to work for and the management team are by far the most caring and understanding group of individuals, which is why i have hesitated leaving until now.
Pros
Customers, understanding and loving management team, opportunity to grow within the company
Cons
other staff members attitudes towards their job and the company
Fun environment
Nandoca (Former Employee) –  Merry Hill13 March 2018
This was my second job. I was still at college and heading off to uni and they were really understanding and supportive. The staff are brutally honest but are always willing to help and train new staff. I loved working here and the wage was great, the only downside being the finishing touches.
Good with hours, relatively flexible and lunch meals always provided.
Pros
Free food, friendly staff, nice environment.
Cons
Long-ish hours, lack of details.
Good Company
Nandoca (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands7 March 2018
Thoroughly enjoyed the team I worked with and although holiday was difficult to book, every shift, including stressful ones were enjoyable. The pay was very good as everyone is on the same hourly rate (2017 - £7.20) which was brilliant as I was 19 at the time.
Pros
Free lunches, try to fit around your availability, fun to work at.
Cons
Sometimes shifts can be long and holidays can be hard to book
Good Atmosphere but some cons
Nandoca (Former Employee) –  Thurrock, Essex29 January 2018
Working in Nandos helped me to make new friends and gain experience in a new industry. The salary was well deserved, however you do not receive sick pay. Hours are ideal, as they are very flexible. Some tasks I was assigned to were not mentioned in my interview.
Professional and fun place
Nandoca (Former Employee) –  London24 January 2018
my day usually starts with the food preparation or cooking, after that I have to clean my workplace.
I have learned that with the organization, work preparation, hygiene habits and teamwork everything becomes easier and more secure, This culture that is practiced in this workplace.
The hardest part of the job is when someone is missing, and that makes everything hard for the rest of the team, but in the end of the day we feel satisfied that the job is done
The management is working well, taking good care of all the business.
Productive and fun place to work
Nandoca (Former Employee) –  Inverness, Highland15 January 2018
It was good fun working at Nando's met loads of new peopel. It was a good experience different to any of the other jobs I've done. It was good over all.
Pros
Free food every shift
Cons
Productive and fun work place
Nandoca (Former Employee) –  Telford2 November 2017
well structured work place with job satisfaction and motivated staff members .Managers rewarded staff for hard work and loyalty excellent training given to staff.
Pros
free food on every shift and 40% off food
Cons
not enough staff to cope on shifts
Fun
Nandoca (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands1 November 2017
Enjoyable place to work and the free food is amazing. Managers are very understanding and friendly. The nandoca pledge is pretty difficult to learn but very benificial.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
4 hour shifts
Ok company as a stepping stone into something bigger
Nandoca (Former Employee) –  Telford10 October 2017
Nandos Was a great company to work for to gain confidence in myself and what I'm able to achieve in my personal life goals, not so good at being able to progress within the company unless you fit in with a click of a few people. Seems to be they want to employee a lot of younger staff to keep up with Nando's being aimed at younger adults where as sometimes thats not always the case because of some of the staff being so young they don't take work as serious they see it as a laugh and joke and don't see why they should have to do some of the jobs expected of them but then also a lot of older members of staff are the same there is nothing in place for people not to just keep passing on jobs everyone just wants to pass it on until no one does it. the work life balance is awful! you can work one day 12-9 next day 10-2 following day 6-10 and always be all over the place and then the rota isn't normally done until the saturday or Sunday for the next monday so there is no way of planning, They don't actually stand by the nando's values
Pros
wage confidence friends
Cons
management work life balance expectations
Easy to get along with staff
Nandoca (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire17 September 2017
Good job, being able to acquire a work/social life balance. The pay is good, however do not receive tips and can often involve staying late and being under pressure when there is a staff shortage
Quick paced
Nandoca (Former Employee) –  Westfield Stratford City, Greater London21 July 2017
As a Nandoca you have the responsibility of looking after the customers in your designated area. I learnt how to time manage as well as to better my multi tasking skills. The workplace culture is great, the hardest part is dealing with uncooperative customers, people who don't speak English and children running around whilst carrying plates to and from the back of house. Management is questionable. The most enjoyable part of the job was talking to the happy, appreciative customers.
Pros
Lunch provided
Cons
Long Hours
Productive and fun workplace
Nandoca (Former Employee) –  Brighton and Hove16 July 2017
Enjoyed the work life at Nandos, and met interesting people who became friends, whilst learning a variety of skills. Was hard work but very enjoyable.
Pros
Free lunches
working there
Nandoca (Former Employee) –  Glasgow3 July 2017
at the start i found it hard and wasn't really a fan of it as i was more used to just being in a kitchen but after a few months they helped me get better with customers and i learned to like it, The management will do what they can do help you with everything to your personal life to making sure you can get to work on time.
Pros
good staff and management are nice
Cons
if you live far away from your store getting home can be a pain

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nando's. Our community is ready to answer.