Nando's Employee Reviews for Nandoca

Found 64 reviews matching the search See all 1,759 reviews
Nightmare to work in
Nandoca (Former Employee) –  West Midlands5 December 2018
I'm still in my 12 week probation even though they said we won't treat new people differently, they have with me they have done nothing but pick on everything ive done they've given me mix signals since ive been there saying that one minute I'm great then the next there threatening me my job, it's completely stressing me out, its more so the managers that are the issues more then other staff, they say im not following the training but I am. They put me on shifts with experienced nandocas I copy what they do another shift a manager sees and tells me its wrong, even though I've just copied what someone has done. The rotas aren't very fair either sometimes you work till 2am in the morning then expected to go in the next day at 12, and let alone talking about my rotas I asked for a specific evening off due to hobbys outside of work and they would not listen, I told them possibly about 5 times till they sorted it. But even now they seem to still put me on that shift i cant do. I admit working for Nandos is stressing me out its that bad it makes me ill I really don't reccomened working here.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Management, Flexibility
Fun, friendly and warm.
Nandoca (Current Employee) –  Trafford, Greater Manchester30 October 2018
Warm work environment with freindly staff and management. Staff are well looked after and catered for with paid breaks free food on breaks and multiple staff fun days/nights out, paid for by the company scheduled throughout the year.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Freuqent changes of management
Best company I have worked for
Nandoca (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, Aberdeen City30 October 2018
Such a lovely team atmosphere, feels like you are working as one big family and hours are so flexible. They do their best to work round your out of work commitments and there is always opportunity to pick up extra shifts if you want. You can learn and develop at your own pace and they have monthly staff meetings so we can raise any concerns or ideas that we have to management which are listened to. Honestly love working here
good job
Nandoca (Former Employee) –  Dundee17 October 2018
Its a decent place to work. its not very thankful and you do feel like you are achieving nothing. its not meaningful work. but if the team is good it can be a fun place to work.
Pros
lots of staff perks, free food, days out, competitions and discounts
Cons
working weekends, min wage
The best company I've worked for.
Nandoca (Former Employee) –  Harrogate4 October 2018
Honestly a brilliant company, so generous, staff days out, weekly pay not a bad starting wage, so much chance for progression, not sure if its changed at all but I would certainly love to work here again!
Pros
Free lunch up to £9.50, great staff discount, longer breaks for longer shifts, lovely working environment
Cons
No tips as they're used on staff days out, occassionally would be asked to stay longer.
Fantastic work place
Nandoca (Former Employee) –  Yate, Gloucestershire18 September 2018
I had the best time when I worked for Nandos. That was down to the people I worked with and how family oriented it was.
I miss it alot but due to unforseen circumstances I had to leave.
Pros
Discount and free lunches
Cons
N/a
easy going staff members
Nandoca (Current Employee) –  Lakeside Shopping Centre, Essex29 August 2018
depending on the day of the week it is working within Nandos can be very stressful or rather relaxed. There are always responsibilities and there is something new to learn. there is multiple mangers witch are all friendly and approachable.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
unorganised rota
Poorly managed and highly stressful
Nandoca (Current Employee) –  London28 August 2018
Management fails to create an environment that is stress free or take into consideration that people aren't as flexible as a yoga instructor. You learn that you required to act as a soulless machine without the ability to think for itself or have any ideas. you are required to do more work than described and will often go way beyond overtime.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Long hours expect a lot of overtime stressful environment terrible management
simple
Nandoca (Former Employee) –  Beckton, Greater London18 August 2018
the work was, considerably easy and I did not seem to struggle in any way or form, there were as a few issues managerial responsibility could have been better in the specific branch I worked in
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
moments where if its busy you can go 7 to 8 hours with no break
Productive and amazing company.
Nandoca (Current Employee) –  Warrington1 July 2018
At nandos everyone is passionate about providing good quality food and good quality experiences. FRom the managers to the floor or griller team each individual will put in 100% effort to ensure that the shift runs smoothly. This job is idea if you are a student and need to work part time as they are very flexible.
Average job
Nandoca (Former Employee) –  Liverpool25 June 2018
this job has long hours, often late and you don't feel valued as an employee. Although I expected more, it really was not a good working enviroment. :(
its okay if you get along with management.
Nandoca (Former Employee) –  Nottingham23 June 2018
Management would treat different members of staff differently for example some staff would be breaking their back at work whilst other staff are sat in the office having a natter when its busy. makes staff think they're under appreciated and theres obvious favouritism. management were a little hypocritical especially the main boss. pay was good minimum wage and staff meals provided when on shift. however some staff and management didn't seem to pull their weight which was unfair on everyone else.
Pros
free meals / no experience required
Cons
management
fun environment and great team members.
Nandoca (Former Employee) –  hove13 June 2018
fun environment and great team members.
can be tough and hard however, the environment makes it easier to cope with.
management treat you as a normal human which is a nice change from other work environments.
Pros
free luch
Cons
hard work
Amazing place to work
Nandoca (Former Employee) –  Cheshire Oaks11 June 2018
My first waitin on job and I loved every minute are working there. The managers are amazing and really helped me to develop and grow as a person and waitress.
Pros
Free food, staff rewards
productive and fun place to work
Nandoca (Former Employee) –  White City, Greater London22 May 2018
My role included greeting customer and seating them as well as taking their order at the tills, serving them their orders and cold and hot beverages such as coffee, tea, wine spirits. As an employee of Nando’s it was my duty to ensure customers receive great service whilst complete the task at hand as quickly as possible, which helped me improved my multitasking skills.
Ok place to work
Nandoca (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes3 May 2018
Can get very stressful but is expected to be in this kind of environment, learned a fair amount regarding food safety and general restaurant hygiene as hadn't worked in a restaurant before. people are polite and work as a team
Fun, youtuhful environment
Nandoca (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow7 April 2018
People are fun to work with, management currently isn't the best at the one i worked with, but previous teams were a joy and pleasure to work with. Due to current team, I just feel like i've out stayed my welcome.
Pros
free lunches / paid breaks
Cons
management
Nando's
Nandoca (Current Employee) –  Hamilton29 March 2018
I have always had a lot of passion for Nando's as a company to work for and I was never shy of highlighting my enjoyment towards my job. After working in Nando's for almost five years, certain aspects of the job started to change. These changes started to develop over the last year causing many staff members to lose motivation and the determination towards making our store great.
The values that Nando's once had started to wear off on every employee, including myself. The only concept of our store that was keeping my own drive towards making the store better was the customers. Over the years my customer relations grew and delevoped, and i was able to help create a standard that promoted happiness for the customers that continued to use our store.
The hardest part of the job is attempting to make other employees enjoy their job more,and trying to help the team work better together in order to provide a moral that everyone should promote.
Other than various issues that occurred within the team itself, nando's as a whole is a fantastic company to work for and the management team are by far the most caring and understanding group of individuals, which is why i have hesitated leaving until now.
Pros
Customers, understanding and loving management team, opportunity to grow within the company
Cons
other staff members attitudes towards their job and the company
Fun environment
Nandoca (Former Employee) –  Merry Hill13 March 2018
This was my second job. I was still at college and heading off to uni and they were really understanding and supportive. The staff are brutally honest but are always willing to help and train new staff. I loved working here and the wage was great, the only downside being the finishing touches.
Good with hours, relatively flexible and lunch meals always provided.
Pros
Free food, friendly staff, nice environment.
Cons
Long-ish hours, lack of details.
Good Company
Nandoca (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands7 March 2018
Thoroughly enjoyed the team I worked with and although holiday was difficult to book, every shift, including stressful ones were enjoyable. The pay was very good as everyone is on the same hourly rate (2017 - £7.20) which was brilliant as I was 19 at the time.
Pros
Free lunches, try to fit around your availability, fun to work at.
Cons
Sometimes shifts can be long and holidays can be hard to book

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nando's. Our community is ready to answer.

Nando's Reviews by Location