Nando's Employee Reviews for Griller

Buen ambiente de trabajo
Griller (Former Employee) –  England28 July 2018
- Aprendí a abrir y cerrar sola el gril , la cocina y cordination. Cobro en caja , atención al publico, resolución de problemas...

- Lo quemas me gustó fue el trabajo en equipo, había días que parecía que trabajaba más con mi familia que con compañeros de trabajo.
Pros
el trabajo en equipo
Cons
no tengo contras de mi trabajo
Good workplace
Griller (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton22 June 2018
The staff and management are great and easy to get along with. Unfortunately some of the feedback may be inconsistent. At my 8 week review I was notified of areas I would require to make improvements upon but was reassured that those areas required time and experience to get used to and that it wasn't a major issue for the time being. At the beginning of my first shift of week 9 I was informed that my performance in those same areas was now a major issue that could not be overlooked. Such feedback is very conflicting and is a sign of poor management. As a whole nandos is an amazing place to work. But this one flaw can lead to an unsatisfactory work life.
Pros
Free meal with each shift
Cons
Inconsistent feesback from managers
Awful place to work
Griller (Former Employee) –  Dorset29 April 2018
Might as well got a job as a cleaner, four hours from last orders to getting out of the dammed place absolutely ridiculous probably OK if your a robot.
Pros
Free chicken which isn't even that good
Cons
Long hours, ridiculous clean down
Was fun
Griller (Former Employee) –  Corby, Northamptonshire25 January 2018
The people that you work with make it the fun place it was to work there. Although the managers could be better but you can’t get everything you wanted
Pros
Free food
Cons
Long days
Great
Griller (Current Employee) –  Dorchester, Dorset21 January 2018
Great place to work for with great benefits and good pay. I have enjoyed my time working with Nando’s and have made some great friends for life here.
Nando’s
Pros
Free lunch
Productive and enjoyable work environment.
Griller (Former Employee) –  552 Mile End Rd, London E3 4PL16 January 2018
The staff are friendly and the eager to help you learn. I fund it to be a value work experience, I find the online courses to be very informative and easy to understand.
Pros
Free meal with every shift.
Cons
You eat too much chicken!!
Boring. Unsociable
Griller (Current Employee) –  Basildon, Essex15 January 2018
Not a good place to work. Same lifestyle never changing. Rude managers late times of getting out at night. Tired all the time very stressfull. Band also very demoting and angry upset.
good if you need fast money
Griller (Former Employee) –  Belfast6 October 2017
Job work/life balance; very unsocial hours (closing shift means you're on until midnight) and sometimes they would have you opening again the next morning at 10am.

Salary/benefits; weekly pay

Management; they have their favourites
Pros
free lunch, weekly pay
Cons
long unsocial hours
Griller (Former Employee) –  High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire27 September 2017
I worked as a griller at the chicken restaurant nandos, my tasks included cooking the chicken and washing the dishes on some days; other days I grilled the cooked chicken and prepared the dish that customers ordered.In this job I learnt time management skills because i had to prepare the chicken in a reasonable amount of time for the customers
I also learnt people management skill, this came by compromising between what my manager wanted and what other staff members needed in regards to if chicken or dishes were needed immediately
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Amazing place to work and meet/socialise with new people.
Griller (Former Employee) –  Altrincham5 August 2017
Amazing experience. Doesn't feel like work at all. Everyone is a huge family which makes it a great place to work. The training is some of the best I've had in my experience of working and they're always there to help you if you're struggling.
Pros
Free nandos on break and 40% off discount
great place
Griller (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear19 June 2017
great place to work lovely staff always looking after staff and get free food and drinks whilst on shift and 40% discount when not working nights out all the time payed for
Pros
free lunch
Cons
hot
Productive and Fun Work place
Griller (Current Employee) –  Cheltenham, Gloucestershire9 June 2017
My typical day at work is always busy, when i am back of house ill be cooking chicken and if i am front of house i will be welcoming and sitting people at an available table and telling them how nando's works and making sure they have a nice evening.
I am always learning how to work well in a team.
Everyone i work with are extremely welcoming we all get on really well, treat each other like family.
The hardest part of my job is a busy Friday or Saturday night on front or back grill, when food is constantly being added to the screen.
The most enjoyable part of my job is the people i work with, they are all so very welcoming and understanding.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Late Finishes
Not very flexible
Griller (Former Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire8 May 2017
unsociable hours no transportation even wean your there til 3am. not guaranteed what time you finish as often go over your shift times. there is less then eleven hours in between shifts often. on the bright side you get days out with staff tips and 2 staff party's a year. advancement opportunity's in various stores always given to those within the company first. FREE FOOD!!
they also take people on with special needs.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Less then 11 hours in between shifts
good place to work
Griller (Former Employee) –  resorts world18 February 2017
Come in and prep for your shift ahead and support the team.
learned new interpersonal skills and opened up more to staff.
Great to work with and got along with everyone.
The environment was great and could have a easy shift.
Cleaning the equipment at the end of the night.
Being part of the family and enjoying the hard shifts as a team.
Pros
free lunch
Not the best
Griller (Former Employee) –  Derby7 January 2017
Personally this job was not for me. management made life very difficult some days. Language barrier between staff was also a problem. However food was nice
Pros
Free food
Cons
Late nights. Dirty jobs
Productive and fun place to work.
Griller (Current Employee) –  Canterbury20 September 2016
It's a lovely place to work, the team is friendly and i am grateful that they gave me the opportunity to grow and improve myself.
The managers gave me all the support and motivation to do my job properly.
Pros
Free lunches.
Cons
No free weekends
nice workplace
Griller (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes18 September 2016
the hardest part of the job is closing time because it last a long and some people don't help each other to finish earlier and make the co-worker work easier
Pros
free meals
Cons
bad shift schedules
Great staff, great fun, great people!
Griller (Current Employee) –  Manchester16 September 2016
Although the workplace is extremely fast-paced and constantly busy, the staff have an undeniably good camaraderie which helps when things become stressful. Each team member has a fantastic input into an already well-oiled team machine.
The management team are some of the most caring and professional I have ever had the pleasure to work with. It is honest to suggest that you will meet some very good friends whilst working here!
Pros
Free lunches, good laughs!
Cons
Can get extremely busy which can be stressful.
Ok place to work for part time.
Griller (Former Employee) –  Manchester17 August 2016
Ok place to work, although not many benefits and pay isn't great considering the hours you work and flexibility isn't considered much. Also managers can be annoying.
Hard Work and Fast Paced Environment
Griller (Current Employee) –  Manchester8 August 2016
We have two hours to prepare for the open. I've learned how to work in a fast paced environment and had health and safety training.
The co-workers are lovely and the most enjoyable part of the day is working with them and the good feedback from the costumers,
The only issue is that the job devours all of your social life.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Long Hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nando's. Our community is ready to answer.