Nando's Employee Reviews for Cashier

fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire4 February 2018
its fun and an exciting place to work. it gives you the chance to balance out your work and also social life. I would recommend it to a student, who needs to earn an extra bit of cash.
Meeting new people
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Leigh, Lancashire20 January 2018
The best part of the job is meeting new people while working. It is also good how you ain’t always stood around being bored because your are always moving around doing something.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Part time
great place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bristol14 January 2018
working in a food industry gives you many pleasures meeting new people trying new foods and getting along with the people you work with and enjoying the passion
Pros
free lunch
It can improve
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Stratford11 January 2018
I learned how to work in coordination as a team, I also push myself to get my goal as soon as I could.
I had no experience operating till systems and they didn't hello me much, I had to push myself because they don't feed your ambition.
Fun and productive
Restaurant Cashier (Former Employee) –  London9 January 2018
The working environment was very friendly. There were occasions where it can be very busy however the team and management are more often than not supportive.
Pros
Free luches
Cons
Unsocial hours
Want another job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  London1 January 2018
Is a job like any other job, but in the past few months I just want to find another job, because I don't agree with their policy.
Is not my pleasure to work for them anymore.
Fun work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  clink street27 November 2017
I liked the time I worked at Nando's. I was changed from unskilled to a skilled employee after few weeks. The staffs are friendly and likeable people. The work some times are bit much but with an effective team the job is lighter.
Pros
Free lunch with in a budget
Cons
Gets total busy at summer time
Nando's
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Telford, Shropshire8 November 2017
A great environment, great people to work with and a very hard-working, yet fun team of people. Great opportunities for progression along with a competitive salary.
Productive & Fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Walsall6 November 2017
Great Benefits
Great Wage
Free Food
Advancement within company
Staff benefits
Great Family environment
Working hours aren't too bad, with all the benefits job provides, cant really complain.
Nice environment to work in
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Manchester28 October 2017
It was very nice environment to work in with a family feel to the workforce. If it ever became challenging we all worked together to ensure the restaurant was able to function. Easy to talk to managers and voice your opinions as there was also a team rep.
Pros
Free food when working shifts
Manager problems
Cashier (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London23 October 2017
Overall nandos is a good place to work at but I feel that the management care more about making money and the store than their staff, have a tendency not to treat staff like people and more like machines. Management always care more about saving their bonuses and making their shift easier than how their staff are doing or anything going on in staff lives.
Cons
Over worked
fun work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Crawley, West Sussex21 September 2017
People are nice and friendly. Very busy restaurant but management is good. Really good place to start somewhere and if you like to work fast and doing evening shift. And of course if you like customer service.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
really ling hours
Good Environment, Fun staff
Cashier/Griller (Current Employee) –  Lakeside Shopping Centre, Essex8 September 2017
Whilst being at nandos for the past 2 years I have currently learned a lot about its service, environment and how it operates as a company. All the staff are very friendly and helpful and is a good culture to be around if you are young and wiling to work.
Fun and family based working environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Epsom, Surrey6 September 2017
Friendly and welcoming working environent. Very good at providing to individual needs with hours etc. Good care for employees and very good employee benefits.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Hard to improve position
Great place to work, staff treated really well
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol9 August 2017
I loved working at Nandos. It was a fun job with lots of benefits to the workers, also they were very flexible with me and my university schedule. In addition, treated very well by senior members of staff
Pros
Free lunches
Productive and Fast Paced
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Southampton29 July 2017
Working at Nando's is very demanding and fast paced due to the popular nature of the restaurant. The staff are friendly and the management are very flexible with hours and holidays, especially if you are a student and need time off for exams.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Busy
Like a family
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Maidstone, Kent27 July 2017
Very hard work, especially when busy. However the sense of team spirit is amazing and there are regular meetings and staff outings to keep members tight.
Productive and fun place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire27 July 2017
It was a great company to work. Learned lots of new skills and got great experience. I met great new people. Even though the hours would be long I enjoyed working with customers.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Productive, fun and family orientated
Cashier (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London21 July 2017
At Nando's, not every shift is the same as you encounter different customers and staff daily. Nando's is just more than chicken, you gain various life skills that will benefit you highly in the future.

The environment is always positive, everyone stays smiling, the managers make sure the staff are fed and happy.

Nando's values are awesome and they change your views as an employee and as a person.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Long hours of standing on your feet
Fun Place to Work
Cashier/Griller (Former Employee) –  Essex12 July 2017
It is minimum wage, but there are loads of benefits. We used to go out for team days out all together, which made everyone get on well and work better as a team. There would be parties, events and loads of other things to build up morale which was great.

The people make the place, especially as dependent on what store you work in, it can be long hours - having a good bunch of people with you makes the day.

I can't comment on management as a whole, as within my time there, I had a few managers. Some were amazing and needless to say...some not so.

You get the opportunity to work within other stores in your region. This can be a great help for building relationships and networking with others.

This was my first job and it was a great first job. It wasn't a career for me as progression isn't great, but I know for some it has been.
Pros
Culture, People, Food, Morale
Cons
Progression

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nando's. Our community is ready to answer.