Nando's Employee Reviews for Cashier

Found 158 reviews matching the search See all 1,750 reviews
fun place to work
Cashier / Buddy (Former Employee) –  Peterborough4 January 2019
Nandos was my first job since i had will i had my baby. I enjoyed working there and had fun. The good bits about working there is you have a free meal everyday you work and the Christmas parties are amazing
Pros
free lunches
Cons
N/a
Fun
Griller/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire3 January 2019
Its a good tea to work with fast passed but really good i met alot Of friends working here just the times didnt fit with my family life and then i had to MOVE away
Pros
Free meal allowence and crew partys
Great job for 18s to 25s
Griller/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Stockport, Greater Manchester31 December 2018
Great for younger people to get some waiting/service experience or even if you just want some cash in your pocket but terribly annoying rotas like being put on a close Monday and the open Tuesday also getting your days off on Wednesday and Friday but that's just shift work for you, I will say however the people who work there are some of the kindest and considerate people I've ever worked with and they have some wild nights out overall a good place to work but not somware I'd stay longer than 5yrs.
Pros
Free meal with ever shift
Cons
Terrible rotas
Fun place to work, but difficult, tiring and low pay.
Cashier/Griller (Former Employee) –  Northampton, UK1 December 2018
Fun, fast working environment with decent management and good meal allowance. However, full-time is very tiring in the long term due to poor work/life balance. Pay is also fairly low for a lot of hard work.
Fun but takes over your life
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Framlingham, Suffolk29 November 2018
I am contracted to 10 hours but often work 16 up to 24. I have A Levels to revise for but that does not seem a factor when the rota is done. Whilst it is a fun job, many people take that as an excuse not to do any work, and management do little to enforce working. Friday and Saturday nights are awful. The pay is much better than other places though, and free food is great! Sometimes it's too busy to get a break, which is fair enough but makes it hard to remain enthusiastic about the job.

ps: i don't work in Suffolk just put that as I don't really want my boss to see this.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
day off requests ignored, slackers, busy!
Fun workpace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire27 November 2018
I enjoyed working at Nandos, I learnt a lot about myself and how to work with different people.
It helped me to improve my communication, leadership skills and team building. I have always been a sociable person so meeting new people is very easy for me. I am confident, headstrong and ambitious, I love learning new things and developing my own thinking.
Good Pay, Hard Work, Sad Life
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside18 November 2018
I’ve worked for Nando’s for around four years now, aiding me through my education. It pays well for your average young person, and when you’re in need of money there’s generally a way to find yourself more shifts. Unfortunately, there are no ‘extra pay days’ such as bank holiday double time, and there’ll often be times you’ll find yourself in work until 2am, still on 7.85 an hour. Work life balance isn’t great, unless you close your availability off permanently - if you want a day off and you’ve ran out of your holidays, you can kiss that goodbye.

The company tries to emphasise itself on their culture and family attitude, alongside their motto of ‘creating lasting happiness.’ Let me tell you, that won’t be found here. Management put insane amounts of pressure on staff to work hard, and do not listen to the staff complaints. It’s surprising to learn that most of the managers you encounter won’t have any form of Management training. The company needs to learn that it’s more than figures and running a shift, it’s about treating your staff fairly.

Overall, if you’re a student and are looking for something to pull you through, this may be ideal. It won’t help your mood or your work-life balance, but you won’t struggle for the money that you need(ish). I would not recommend this company to anyone after education.
Pros
Free Lunch, Decent Pay
Cons
Poor Management, Pressure
Fun place to work, but not paid enough for amount of work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bromley29 October 2018
The company is such a positive and fun place to work. Staff parties all expenses paid, you are really looked after by management.
Shifts can be very intense and extremely hard work on an evening and weekend. Hourly rate isnt worth the hard work the job involves.
Customers can be extremely difficult and rude towards wait staff so you need thick skin when dealing with them.
All of my co workers were friendly and you were always thanked by management after a shift.
Can be quite clicky in places with friendship groups forming but I was just nice to everyone and I had no problems.
Pros
Free lunch on breaks and if you didnt have a break youd get takeaway at the end of a shift
Cons
Anti social hours and rude customers
Energetic Workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Merthyr Tydfil20 October 2018
I enjoyed my time working for Nando's, I got on with everyone I worked with and they were understanding with reducing my hours during my exam period. A typical day at work was usually very bust from start to finish as its sun a popular restaurant, however, the team made the one hours and constant demand from customers bearable with our sense humour. Management were good however sometimes it felt as the cashiers had to deal with the most difficult customers when it really should have been a managers job as they are more experienced dealing with the situations, however, I felt being left to deal with these customers did give me an idea of how to deal with it in the future. the hardest part of the job was the closes and sometimes they would go on for much longer than needed. for myself, the best part of the job was the people I met who I still keep in very close contact with even though I no longer work there.
Pros
Free Lunches and Discount
Cons
Breaks felt too short for 6-7 hour shifts
amazing place to work
cashier (Current Employee) –  Manchester3 October 2018
good pay, nice environment to work in also great management, worked here 3 years always been lovely very flexible, great for a first time job aswell also good for students
Best job I have ever had!
Nandoca (Cashier) (Former Employee) –  Broughton13 September 2018
The managers were always understanding and truly took pride in their work.

My fellow employees were always encouraging and helpful when it came to explaining how to do a certain job. Working here makes you feel a part of a big family.
Pros
free food every shift
Become part of a family
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Thurrock25 July 2018
Nicest management I've ever experienced, busy work days. Hospitality is key within this workplace although there is always help if you need it. Training is thorough.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Busy
Nandos
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire15 July 2018
Nandos as a company always look out for its staff.
you are always cared for and if you need help it is guaranteed.
Not only do you meet frineds for life there but evryone has a sense of family due to the nandos values which they install from you from youre first day.
Pros
meal every shift, holiday pay, discount (40% in week)
Cons
harder to progress, hours
fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Metrocentre, Tyne and Wear9 July 2018
enjoyable place to work with a good atmosphere and friendly environment. lots of opportunity to develop skills and progress within the company if you wish.
fun workplace for students flexible for studying
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear1 July 2018
This is fun workplace very busy so always on the go and time passes really quickly. Easy to make friends and be sociable too always planning days out for members of staff and nights out too.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
long days
Fun and productive work place
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire13 June 2018
Really enjoy working with the public and love meeting new people. Long hours don't bother me when I like what I do. I am just looking for a change even though I enjoy it a lot.
Pros
Free nandos
Cons
Late hours
Friendly family feel at home restaurant and fun environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  London East, Greater London6 June 2018
- A typical day at work: welcome the customers, serving them, taking payments, cleaning tables
- I have learned what means teamwork, working like a family, and having fun at the same time
- I was lucky to have an amazing team management
-Lean and respect every culture
-The hardest part of the job was dealing with hungry, angry customers, calm them :)
-The most enjoyable part of the job was eating with colleagues in the break.
Pros
free luch
Cons
overtime shifts
Fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Basildon, Essex3 June 2018
I worked at Nandos whilst I was a student studying for my A levels, Nando's were very flexible and understanding of my studies and college timetable. It was a very fun place to work, I almost looked forward to going to work as it was very sociable and fun. Nando's made working enjoyable and everyone was so friendly and supportive.
Pros
Free lunches, long breaks, company benefits.
Cons
Long close downs
Good workplace for students
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester3 June 2018
Managers do not seem to care for staffs genuine advancement, however it is a good student workplace. You have flexible working hours and are able to transfer between stores. Very much a work 'lad' culture though, so if you do not find yourself in this group then it can. be quite daunting.
Pros
Free food, good hours
Cons
No development, long closes
fun working place
CASHIER (Current Employee) –  greenwich cutty sark5 May 2018
Working in Nando under the management at my store is amazing .
A typical day at work is running a busy shift when you at constantly on your feet for 4 straight hours and time passes by so quickly because you are so buried in doing the job right supporting your team members in keeping the store moving with high standard of customer service delivery. The team work is awesome and very encouraging.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
requires hardwork and diligence

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nando's. Our community is ready to answer.