Nando's Employee Reviews in London

Rubbish wages
Cook/Chef (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London17 August 2018
If you wanna be stuck as a dead beat loser on minimum wage then go ahead & join Nando’s £8.70 an hour is not great plus it’s embarrassing if your in your mind 20’s and your working in the fast food game if you ain’t in uni or college.
Decent work environment.
Griller/Chef (Former Employee) –  London9 August 2018
No real relationships between staff, go in, do your job and leave. Company is good to work for, decent pay and free lunch as well as parties and events. management was pretty rude, always on your back making sure you don't mess up and a lot of arguments between them.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
rude staff
i am currently working for nandos, really fun and good management team.
Griller, cashier, buddy trainer (Current Employee) –  London7 August 2018
this is my first restaurant job, the experience working here make me realize that fitness is what am suppose to be chasing. we are one big family that work together and support each other where needed.
Desorganización total
Cashier/ Coord/ Grill (Former Employee) –  London5 August 2018
- A veces para hacer 8 horas te ponían turnos partidos, en ocasiones hasta 4 a la semana. Siempre cierran los mismos (los nuevos).
- Desorganización en las rotas por parte de los managers.
- Muchas veces pasan de ti, te dicen vale vale y ya no vuelves a saber nada.
- Si estás en cocina tienes que cubrirte el pelo, llevar cierta vestimenta, y los supervisores y managers van como quieren.
- En la mayoría de las ocasiones ni siquiera te están supervisando ni a ti ni a nadie.
Pros
Comida.
Cons
Desorganización
Not the place for a worklife balance.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  London15 July 2018
No work-life balance. Unessescarly stressful and bad management. Overly staffed with no real direction on what the patros vision for the restaurants I've have been part of. Everyone just seems to go with the flow which creates a sense of Nandoca's (team members) being the general manager without the experience or knowledge to do so.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Everything else
Trabajé cómodo con la plantilla de equipo y procurando siempre ayudar en lo que sea posible
Camarero (Former Employee) –  Londres20 June 2018
Buena empresa.
No tengo nada en contra, siempre había buen trato con los trabajadores. A veces muchas horas de trabajo.
Pros
Gimnasio gratis por pactos
Cons
Cambios de horarios continuamente
Fun workplace and safe
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London23 May 2018
Nice and good place to have a career, they give the chance to grow on the company and feeling part of the family. Nice and good work environment. Nice colleagues and manager.
Pros
Holidays
Cons
Long shifts
good company
IT Technician (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London22 May 2018
good company,

very relaxed place to work

good culture

free chicken

not sure what else to write so im just filling this out with random words
Eh, it was alright.
Cashier/Waitress (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London18 May 2018
I'm a student so they were originally quite flexible with my work times and was able to change my shifts each week if necessary which was good. Pay was nice and some of my work colleagues were nice people. The benefits were the staff meals but there were a couple serious cons. They try to include everyone in staff parties and event day outs, but it's also quite 'cliquey' and often hired friends of friends or people they knew.

The lengths of the shifts sometimes could be horrible, as in 11am starts and I wouldn't leave until 1/1:30am the next day. Management can be extremely cocky and take the job too seriously, communication between them is often poor. Sometimes didn't listen when I said I couldn't work certain days and it took very passive aggressive messages before they listened. Eventually I realised it's not worth the stress for me because it was only part time work around school.
Pros
Staff meals, Good pay
Cons
Long hours, not enough breaks, stressful, awful management
great workplace
Server/Waitress (Former Employee) –  London17 April 2018
best place to work as fist job , fun , loud ,fast , mixed team , great food and music .
the vibe is always amazing
theres no a day working for Nandos that you will be sad or bored .
Pros
free meals
Cons
low salary
nandos
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London6 April 2018
Full training in every department of the restaurant, such as: Kitchen porter, griller, waiter and tills.

I started as a kitchen porter and after few months i jump on the grills, when my english was improving the gave me the chance to apply for buddy trainer after few months as a buddy i aplied for supervisor in Nandos in Sutton (London).
I left the company becuase i had family problems in Spain
It's a good place to start but if you're good you're screwed
Host (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London4 April 2018
Managers will take advantage of your good work and ask you to do more and more without actually paying you any extra. However, the people working there were really nice.
Pros
Meals, cool colleagues
Cons
Short breaks, poor management
Ottima Compagnia di ristorazione
Assistente vice Direttore ristorante (Former Employee) –  london21 March 2018
E' stata una esperenzia molto importante sia dal punto di vista personale sia lavorativo.
Le giornate erano lunghe ma sempre interessanti.
L'ambiente di lavoro è molto professionale e i rapporti lavorativi, anche ai vertici, erano sempre molto amichevoi e piacevoli.
Efficient and friendly work environement
Front of House Staff (Current Employee) –  London22 February 2018
I look forward to coming to work. I meet new people everyday, I manage all 45 tables in the restaurant dealing with friendly and disrespectful customers. On a busy day it's the most exciting but stressful at the same time. I prefer to channel the stress into positive energy. Big groups wait for a while some times but you have to be able to face customers and keep them happy but in control.
The best part of the job is working as a team. On a busy day is when you see the team work come together. Management is fair and reliable.
Pros
Free Lunch.
Cons
Never sit down.
good fun for staff
Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  London21 February 2018
Its a very easy going chain, staff has fun at work and gets treated for drinks out or parties often.
It is a great culture as it brings fun into work, very chill out.
Managers get loads of training which is impressive, usually a manager knows how to do everything in the restaurant, even work on the grill is part of the training.
Hardest part of the job was the high team turnover.
Best part of the job was achieving great result with the team, KPI's.
Pros
free meals and staff discount, bonus scheme
Cons
no tips for staff members
Productive workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London14 February 2018
This work place is very productive and very hands on.You always are learning something new and get to put your skills to the test each day. It is the perfect jobs for students.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Long shifts
Professional and fun place
Nandoca (Former Employee) –  London24 January 2018
my day usually starts with the food preparation or cooking, after that I have to clean my workplace.
I have learned that with the organization, work preparation, hygiene habits and teamwork everything becomes easier and more secure, This culture that is practiced in this workplace.
The hardest part of the job is when someone is missing, and that makes everything hard for the rest of the team, but in the end of the day we feel satisfied that the job is done
The management is working well, taking good care of all the business.
vibrant work place
Hostess/Restaurant Waitress (Former Employee) –  London22 January 2018
great company to work for , good hours/ life balance but very busy periods. brilliant training and progression in your job role, hard work is recognised
Fun and productive
Restaurant Cashier (Former Employee) –  London9 January 2018
The working environment was very friendly. There were occasions where it can be very busy however the team and management are more often than not supportive.
Pros
Free luches
Cons
Unsocial hours
custmos services
o Customer service (Former Employee) –  London3 January 2018
in nandos its a good job for work, there you can improve for ingles and your can do good friends. nandos teach you how its the job worlds
Very good management.there we work live a good time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nando's. Our community is ready to answer.