Nando's Employee Reviews in Leeds

Found 15 reviews matching the search See all 1,510 reviews
Fun workplace but very busy
Cross trained Nandos (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire27 September 2017
Really fast paced workplace. No work life balance. Can get very difficult. Customers are awful. Progression is non existent. Favouritism. Okay pay. Need people skills for this job
Pros
Free food
Cons
Long and unsociable hoids
Easy to get along with staff
Nandoca (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire17 September 2017
Good job, being able to acquire a work/social life balance. The pay is good, however do not receive tips and can often involve staying late and being under pressure when there is a staff shortage
Great company focused on its people and culture
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire2 September 2017
I would recommend anybody work at Nando's as they are so invested in their people and their heritage. As you progress, the work/life balance becomes a much smaller gap as with most companies and this is where the difficulty lies when it comes to your career. Staff parties and nights out are a regular thing and even trips abroad.
Fun workplace.
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire31 August 2017
My main duties were waiting staff, serving customers and taking orders, serving food and preparing food. I was also making sure that customers felt welcome and comfortable during their meal. As a waitress I was greeting and welcoming customers as they arrived and showing them their table.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No cons
Poor area manager
Assistant Manager - Nando's (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire22 August 2017
They move managers around every restaurant creating a lack consistency in any restaurant, lack of positive management in area manager, she's very poor at her job and creates lots of negitive environment. Lots of general managers don't like working evenings or weekends, so that's given to assistant managers, but general managers can't lead by example. Board of directors want to do a good job and create a great place to work but poison in the ranks stops this.
Pros
Free lunches and benefits
Cons
Long hours, contract hours 48 but work 52
Fun workplace
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Leeds13 February 2017
All staff was very helpful to me for the 2 weeks of my work experience in Nandos white rose I really enjoyed working there I was a waiter I was serving food to the customers and also I was washing up plates and checking to see if the customers food was ok for them to eat
Pros
Free lunch
Average
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Leeds, ENG17 January 2016
I enjoyed my time at Nando's, the roles were sometimes unvaried but I enjoyed working on the til and welcoming customers.

I was often scolded for first mistakes but otherwise I did a good job, no tables left without a goodbye and no customer with a query was left unanswered.
Productive and fun work
Griller/Assistant Kitchen (Current Employee) –  Leeds, ENG1 October 2015
The work in Nando's is good. Good people and good managers. Nandos one day : nothing but get the product and prepare all the restaurant so that is ready for the public. After you get to cook the chicken and preparing different types of dishes offered by the restaurant not stop cooking until the time you leave. Several times a day we take the temperature of the food to segurarnos that are consumable by the costumer.
Pros
free lunches, good people
Cons
low wages
Hard working but lots of fun
Griller, Buddy Trainer, Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Leeds, ENG26 March 2014
My current role involves supporting the manager on shift, for example managing the kitchen, where throughout the shift I need to manage staff breaks, stock levels, and ensure legal H&S requirements are adhered to.

Typically, I am on shift with at least one new member of staff, and my role is to supervise their training, ensuring they learn the necessary skills to create the meals to a high standard. I am also responsible for making sure they learn how to set up and close down the machinery within the restaurant (e.g. ovens, grills) whilst adhering to safety guidelines and H&S / COSHH laws.

The team has a strong sense of collaboration, regularly helping each other out and having a laugh whilst working to short deadlines (meals need to be ready within 12 minutes). Managers occasionally pitch in and help out as well, if the extra pair of hands is needed.

The hardest part of the job is probably working with the stress of having to produce high quality, appetising and delicious looking and tasting meals in such a short time frame. Also the work can be extremely dirty and laborious at times from cleaning all machinery and surfaces.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the fun we have working together as a team. Most of the time, people are usually having a laugh as they work. Also the free meals are a pretty good part of the job.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Irregular/long shifts, hard and dirty work.
Very fun place to work
Griller (Current Employee) –  Leeds, ENG15 March 2014
A typical day at work involves cooking organising and keeping areas clean as it is a open kitchen you learn on how to improve on your time management skills because you have to stay under a certain time limit on food getting sent to customers. Management team is very fun and helpful to work with as they are always prepared to go the extra mile to help. The hardest part of the job is closing on a night.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Late finishes
proffesional and polite
waiter (Former Employee) –  Leeds, ENG16 December 2013
Nandos is a very proffesional workplace, it is very presentable and is such an enjoyable experience i am proud to have worked there.
Pros
free lunches and the the polite customers
Cons
sometimes you have to work long hours
Cashier
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Leeds, ENG25 July 2013
Is a very relaxed environment where I feel in family.
I work within a routa, so every day is different.
Pros
free meals
Cons
night shifts
Fun, friendly staff
Front of House (Current Employee) –  Leeds24 January 2013
Nandos is a brillant place to work at. Everyone works as a team, always helping each other to get the job done.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
non
fast paced and nice staff
Chef/Waiter (Current Employee) –  Leeds21 September 2012
preparing and cooking food to the highest of standards. Co-workers are all down to earth and a joy to work with.
Pros
free meal every shift, days out every quarter
Cons
extremely busy