Nando's Employee Reviews in Birmingham

Found 23 reviews matching the search See all 1,658 reviews
fun and fast paced workplace
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands3 September 2018
Nandos is a good environment, its fast pace and a place i was constantly busy. I enjoyed the workspace and kept up to track with the weekly rota. i learnt everything i needed to know from running food to tills to working on the door. The hardest part of the job is closing up and making sure everything is perfect. i wouldn't count if as hard tho i would jut count it as ver time time consuming. The most enjoyable thing about the workplace was the people and the different characters that are regular customers.
Pros
enviroment
Cons
closing up
fun workplace
Waitressing (Former Employee) –  Birmingham18 June 2018
the most enjoyable part of the job is when you know you have delivered good customer service and you can see that your customers are happy with their products and service.
fun workplace.
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Birmingham6 June 2018
Everyone you work with turns into your family, everyone is friendly and always help you out when you need it. Best place to work and you get a free meal with every shift you work. Great perks too!
Pros
free meals every shift
Unfair
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands6 December 2017
The salary is good but it isn't worth the stress you get from customers and the unfair shifts you have, if you are going to work here then id recommend not being a student.
Pros
lunch
Cons
the hours you get
Very great place to work fun environment and ambitious to move with the times
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands29 November 2017
Great great company highly recommended , free food and drinks , from potwasher to restaurant manager the vibe and feel good factor is wicked, only reason I left because I missed been a kitchen manager not front of manager
Pros
Free food, great vibe, team ethic is fantastic
Cons
Couldn’t find one
Fun
Nandoca (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands1 November 2017
Enjoyable place to work and the free food is amazing. Managers are very understanding and friendly. The nandoca pledge is pretty difficult to learn but very benificial.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
4 hour shifts
Easy going, fun environment
Buddy Trainer (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands20 August 2017
Nandos is a great place to work and have their employees in their best interest. It is an easy place to work from day to day, and even offer an easy route to advance your skills although can also be the perfect place when in-between jobs or to work alongside studying. The management are understanding and fair, however, this can depend on the restaurant you work in. The most enjoyable part of the job is the family atmosphere and the friendliness of the staff.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Dependability from managers on harder working staff
Productive and fun workplace
Restaurant cashier (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands5 August 2017
Quite an enjoyable job however can be very tiring and hard working. A team environment and also very fast paced. The most enjoyable part of the job is the benefits such as staff meals, training development etc.
ambassador
Buddy Trainer / ambassdor (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands18 July 2017
I just what to have a change off job have done this for a long time,and the money that am getting can not help me anymore,am family man now got more bills to pay.I can not keep on working for minimum wage and just need a change help others how need help.
Pros
free food
Cons
the pay
excellent but sometimes overwhelming
Waitressing (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands2 March 2017
Nandos is a fun company to work for with a lot of benefits. The job really wasn't a hard job but the hours itself was ridiculous. If you worked there full time, you would be there basically all the time. You would probably do about 3 closes a week which include cleaning the restaurant and you wouldn't get out until 2/3am. however, it is a fun environment to work in with a family vibe to the work place. Nando's is a place that thrives off family and integrity so bare that in mind when applying.
Pros
free food on break
goo company to work for
Buddy Trainer (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands14 February 2017
nandos is a family oriented company and fun to work for.
Their are opportunities to progress within the company. Also their are always fun activities to be a part of within the company.
Busy work place
Nandoca (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands30 November 2016
Very busy work place. Management demand a lot from staff. Staff have a lot of responsibility while on shift. Good job if you can cope under pressure in heated situations.
Amazing Job to Get You to the next stage in life
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Birmingham29 September 2016
I love providing a brilliant service and you really get involved this line of work.
I've learnt so much over the years developing my skills and also getting that adrenaline rush on busy shifts which still sticks with me up to this day.
I personally have given a lot to the company but unfortunately have outgrown it especially with a lot of new sixteen year olds entering the company which limits a lot of things
I find that management are very in control of ur growth even with all the experience you have and years you've worked there and I feel like I've come to the end of the line

the most enjoyable part of the job is satisfying the customers. Knowing just a smile can make the experience better and knowing that they will return due to such a service you've provided.

the hardest part of the job is not being able to please everybody but that you get in all fields.
Pros
brilliant feedback
Cons
limited progression
productive and efficent
Waiter/Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham City Centre19 July 2016
when I was training with nandos I learnt a lot from the company and there beliefs I enjoyed the experience and enjoyed my two weeks training with the collagues
Very fun and productive working enviournment as a whole
Nandoca, Sidewalk Bar and Resturant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham8 July 2016
A typical day at Nando,s would include managing tables and floors as a waiter then roles would change that would entitle me to work on the tills and Host at the front door.

The Nandoca family as a whole are very warming and inviting, the support within the team is at a high rate, I received the same treatment through working in different stores within the community.

the most challenging part of the job was the complaints of the customers but at the same time was the most enjoyable part to me, The opportunity to deal with complaints had ensured I was active and resolving issues.
Pros
we had the oppertunity to enjoy the new mwnus that came out
Cons
there really is not a
Work Place
team member (Current Employee) –  Birmingham20 April 2016
I enjoy working day to day meeting with new people and making them feel like there at home which is nandos target. Also providing lovely service that makes them feel respected and hapyy.
Productive and fun work place
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Birmingham2 March 2015
Nandos is a great company to work for you feel part of a family. A typical day at work is meeting new people and the regulars greeting them and taking them to their table, explaining the menu if needed. Taking their order at the till and serving them their food. I've learnt a lot from nandos and a lot about myself.
My management team are amazing couldn't ask for a better management team in the fact they are there to give advice and feedback but also so supportive and understanding. My co-workers are the same we are so close and always hang out together outside of my work. I've made some friends for life in this business.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with difficult customers who are after free food or kicking up a fuss for no reason.
The most enjoyable part of my job is the people that I've met and the experience I have also learnt.
Pros
Free food on breaks
Cons
Long unsocialable hours sometimes.
typical day
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ENG17 September 2014
family orientated, always fun, brightened up my low days.
learned how to take orders, serve food, greet customers and was constantly learning new things and gaining new skills
Nandos
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ENG27 January 2014
Basically waters are the first contact of customers when they enter in a hospitality setting.
Waiters welcome customers, seat them and take orders. It is the responsibility of a waiter to ensure that customers feel comfortable and managed in a manner that portrays exemplary hospitality and customer services. Waiters take orders and ensure that the food delivered to customers have the right quality and quantity. The accuracy of order is one of the major responsibilities of a waiter. Waiters are also expected to calculate bills and present them to customers and take payment through cash/credit card in some establishments which is why they need to possess good mathematical skills.
fun work place
Nandoca (Former Employee) –  birmingham6 November 2013
A typical day at work is usually busy.
Co-workers are friendly and easy to get along with.
The most enjoyable part of the job is everyones optimistic attitude and smooth running of the shift.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
late nights

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nando's. Our community is ready to answer.