Nando's Employee Reviews in Birmingham

fun workplace.
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Birmingham6 June 2018
Everyone you work with turns into your family, everyone is friendly and always help you out when you need it. Best place to work and you get a free meal with every shift you work. Great perks too!
Pros
free meals every shift
Unfair
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands6 December 2017
The salary is good but it isn't worth the stress you get from customers and the unfair shifts you have, if you are going to work here then id recommend not being a student.
Pros
lunch
Cons
the hours you get
Very great place to work fun environment and ambitious to move with the times
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands29 November 2017
Great great company highly recommended , free food and drinks , from potwasher to restaurant manager the vibe and feel good factor is wicked, only reason I left because I missed been a kitchen manager not front of manager
Pros
Free food, great vibe, team ethic is fantastic
Cons
Couldn’t find one
Fun
Nandoca (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands1 November 2017
Enjoyable place to work and the free food is amazing. Managers are very understanding and friendly. The nandoca pledge is pretty difficult to learn but very benificial.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
4 hour shifts
Easy going, fun environment
Buddy Trainer (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands20 August 2017
Nandos is a great place to work and have their employees in their best interest. It is an easy place to work from day to day, and even offer an easy route to advance your skills although can also be the perfect place when in-between jobs or to work alongside studying. The management are understanding and fair, however, this can depend on the restaurant you work in. The most enjoyable part of the job is the family atmosphere and the friendliness of the staff.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Dependability from managers on harder working staff
excellent but sometimes overwhelming
Waitressing (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands2 March 2017
Nandos is a fun company to work for with a lot of benefits. The job really wasn't a hard job but the hours itself was ridiculous. If you worked there full time, you would be there basically all the time. You would probably do about 3 closes a week which include cleaning the restaurant and you wouldn't get out until 2/3am. however, it is a fun environment to work in with a family vibe to the work place. Nando's is a place that thrives off family and integrity so bare that in mind when applying.
Pros
free food on break
Busy work place
Nandoca (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands30 November 2016
Very busy work place. Management demand a lot from staff. Staff have a lot of responsibility while on shift. Good job if you can cope under pressure in heated situations.
Amazing Job to Get You to the next stage in life
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Birmingham29 September 2016
I love providing a brilliant service and you really get involved this line of work.
I've learnt so much over the years developing my skills and also getting that adrenaline rush on busy shifts which still sticks with me up to this day.
I personally have given a lot to the company but unfortunately have outgrown it especially with a lot of new sixteen year olds entering the company which limits a lot of things
I find that management are very in control of ur growth even with all the experience you have and years you've worked there and I feel like I've come to the end of the line

the most enjoyable part of the job is satisfying the customers. Knowing just a smile can make the experience better and knowing that they will return due to such a service you've provided.

the hardest part of the job is not being able to please everybody but that you get in all fields.
Pros
brilliant feedback
Cons
limited progression
productive and efficent
Waiter/Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham City Centre19 July 2016
when I was training with nandos I learnt a lot from the company and there beliefs I enjoyed the experience and enjoyed my two weeks training with the collagues
Very fun and productive working enviournment as a whole
Nandoca, Sidewalk Bar and Resturant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham8 July 2016
A typical day at Nando,s would include managing tables and floors as a waiter then roles would change that would entitle me to work on the tills and Host at the front door.

The Nandoca family as a whole are very warming and inviting, the support within the team is at a high rate, I received the same treatment through working in different stores within the community.

the most challenging part of the job was the complaints of the customers but at the same time was the most enjoyable part to me, The opportunity to deal with complaints had ensured I was active and resolving issues.
Pros
we had the oppertunity to enjoy the new mwnus that came out
Cons
there really is not a
Work Place
team member (Current Employee) –  Birmingham20 April 2016
I enjoy working day to day meeting with new people and making them feel like there at home which is nandos target. Also providing lovely service that makes them feel respected and hapyy.
Productive and fun work place
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Birmingham2 March 2015
Nandos is a great company to work for you feel part of a family. A typical day at work is meeting new people and the regulars greeting them and taking them to their table, explaining the menu if needed. Taking their order at the till and serving them their food. I've learnt a lot from nandos and a lot about myself.
My management team are amazing couldn't ask for a better management team in the fact they are there to give advice and feedback but also so supportive and understanding. My co-workers are the same we are so close and always hang out together outside of my work. I've made some friends for life in this business.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with difficult customers who are after free food or kicking up a fuss for no reason.
The most enjoyable part of my job is the people that I've met and the experience I have also learnt.
Pros
Free food on breaks
Cons
Long unsocialable hours sometimes.
typical day
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ENG17 September 2014
family orientated, always fun, brightened up my low days.
learned how to take orders, serve food, greet customers and was constantly learning new things and gaining new skills
Nandos
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ENG27 January 2014
Basically waters are the first contact of customers when they enter in a hospitality setting.
Waiters welcome customers, seat them and take orders. It is the responsibility of a waiter to ensure that customers feel comfortable and managed in a manner that portrays exemplary hospitality and customer services. Waiters take orders and ensure that the food delivered to customers have the right quality and quantity. The accuracy of order is one of the major responsibilities of a waiter. Waiters are also expected to calculate bills and present them to customers and take payment through cash/credit card in some establishments which is why they need to possess good mathematical skills.
fun work place
Nandoca (Former Employee) –  birmingham6 November 2013
A typical day at work is usually busy.
Co-workers are friendly and easy to get along with.
The most enjoyable part of the job is everyones optimistic attitude and smooth running of the shift.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
late nights
Life as a Nandoca
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Birmingham3 February 2013
A shift at Nando's would be, on average, six hours long. I mainly worked 'behind the line' which involved preparation of the food and maintaining high standards of health and hygiene. The management has been through numerous amounts of changes through the years which has, at times, upset the balance of the restaurant. I believe that the management team present is not as strong as the team four years ago. It is a relatively small restaurant with a staff of around twenty-five so everyone is seen on a regular basis. There are obviously going to be people you work with who you don't get along with but the management try their best to accommodate the situation. The hardest part about the job was feeling tired and run down. A six hour shift generates a twenty minute break and being on your feet for so long is quite tiresome. The best part of the job is being able to socialize. The company focuses on staff from all stores in a region getting to know one another and there have been numerous fancy dress parties and team builds that have been enjoyable.
Pros
free meal on shift
Looking for something more
Meal Coordinator (Current Employee) –  The Fort Shopping Park, Birmingham.11 August 2012
The role I was employed under is the role I was most successful in on my two trial shifts.
Thus far I have received little training within the role and am finding it stressful and sometimes unmanageable as I have not received an adequate amount of training.
Due to being placed on shifts during peak times, trainers are unable to train me sufficiently due to the high demand and high pressure within the restaurant environment.
However, I have picked up working on the floor and waitressing extremely quickly and have shown my hard work and ability within this role
I would like to move on to another job where I can enjoy my social life as well as work in an environment that I am made to feel comfortable and confident in.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
unsociable work hours.