Nando's Employee Reviews

Found 1,066 reviews matching the search See all 2,137 reviews
Great Workplace But...
Cook/Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire18 October 2019
It seems like a great place to work, if you get hired. I did two trial shifts at two Nandos in my area, they said I did great, amazing, but turned me down. They made me feel like I was going to get the job, I came out of my trial shifts and thought that there might be something there, but each time I've got told that they can't hire me. You know fair enough, you come to a trial shift to be assessed, get to know the workplace and if the company don't want you that's fine, but don't tell me that I've basically got the job just to turn me down. Moral of the story here is if Nandos want to assess you on a trial shift, great, but don't get your hopes up if they tell you that you did amazing.
fun and chilled workplace
Host, Cashier and Waitress (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes16 October 2019
answering phone calls, greeting customers, providing customers with a table then taking their orders at the tills. check backs, proving customers with their foods and cleaning restaurant during and after closing.
Love the training when it comes to health & safety
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Leeds16 October 2019
My experience working with a permanent staff team is one to remember and and the training was great when it comes to health & safety policies and I have learnt to multitask within the work environment....
Excellent company
Cashier/Co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  Stockton Heath, Cheshire16 October 2019
Very fairly paid, lots of staff benefits, free meal and lovely members of staff. Restaurant is very clean and always spotless. Support is always available and they’re very flexible with the shift patterns
Loved working here.
Waitress/Kitchen Porter (Former Employee) –  Durham16 October 2019
Great please to work great people to work with and good management I would recommend to any one this is a really good place to work they look after there employees.
Same country
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  London South East, Greater London15 October 2019
The worst part of working in nando's, if you are not Hungarian, you wouldn't get on with the management at all. From the GM to the supervisor, it's mostly Hungarian, so if you are not one of them, you gonna be the one by yourself. Nandos language is Hungarian, they always chatting in hungarian, before joining nandos i used to be quite confident as an individual but it made me paranoid
because they were always going on in their own language. If you challenge that you will become the bad guybquite
Really fun place to work!
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Stratford-upon-Avon14 October 2019
My experience was great. We had many days out as a team to grow at our new restaurant. Management were friendly and still stay in contact now! Recommend 100%
The best place to work!
Customer Service Trainer (Former Employee) –  Ipswich14 October 2019
I worked for this company almost 5 yrs.
It was very fun, fast paced and family based. Everyone worked as a great team!
I would reccommend this job to most.
productive and fun workplace
Buddy Trainer (Current Employee) –  Camberley, Surrey13 October 2019
Realy good company to work and improve yourself. I started as a Nandoca and now im training the new Nandocas.I imporved so many skills as a problem solving , to work without making stress and manage the team.
Fun
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester13 October 2019
The environment is fun and is an ideal first job, as you move up the ranks you will find it more difficult but that's fair to the standard of job you are completing.

A day at work will be fast paced, enjoyable and slightly stressful, but with the negatives come the positives around creating lasting happiness.
Long hours but good food
Grill Chef (Former Employee) –  Kettering12 October 2019
Fed very well, the company actually care about you but sadly I don’t think the pay is enough for what you work but they feed you very well. Just my own personal experience that I didn’t enjoy working lots of hours and receiving pays I was struggling to live on by
Everything is good
Cashier/Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cutty Sark Station11 October 2019
Worked for Nandos 7 years ago had kids didn’t came back. After 7 years I’m back and I can easily say the hours r flexible and the people I work with is amazing very supportive and understanding.
The place I work in is very very busy but the managers are amazing they support us a lot.
Breaks are fair enough if you think some places won’t even give you paid breaks.
And work is easy you got your position and you managing as much as you can.
I kinda enjoyed working for nando's
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MS9 October 2019
If you like loud music, noisy customers and hot work then you will love Nando's, if youre lucky enough to have a good team it can be a great place to work and if you work 5 hours you get a free meal on your break.

I worked my way through college while at Nando's and left once I got a welding job, it was hard, thankless work but if you have a thick skin you would love it.
The work environment is very friendly and sometime it helps to alleviate the stressfulness of the job.
Buddy Trainer (Current Employee) –  Walthamstow, Greater London7 October 2019
Great company whose services are customer-based, and the flexibility of the environment definitely helps to make plan your commitments ahead. The management tend to hire young professionals which make the store a very friendly and easy-going workplace.
Pros
Friendly environment, breaks are paid, free meals
Cons
stressful environment, long hours
Productive, fun but pressured
Host (Current Employee) –  London7 October 2019
A typical day working for Nando's, consists in being prepared for the unpredictable. Every single skill must be exercised in order to achieve good performance during the shift.
productive and fun workplace
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Berners5 October 2019
I learned to approach different cultures, to understand the English language with the different accents that it has.
working hours are very stressful, but the context is familiar and friendly!
Nandos
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh3 October 2019
By far one of the best companies I’ve ever got to work for and experience.. amazing progression opportunities and such a hard working team to help bring out the best in every staff member. It’s like a big family for life.
Good place to learn
Kitchen Porter (Former Employee) –  Colliers Wood2 October 2019
Its a good place to learn new skills, working in a busy place, make some friends, grown if you want.
the hard part is work in weekends and bank holliday.
Fun working environment despite testing shift patterns
Host (Former Employee) –  Brighton2 October 2019
Busy days go quick and staff are usually a close-knit team. Long shifts and late shifts are inconvenient and no additional compensation for unsocial hours worked including bank hols. Staff nights out and area meet ups make up for this.
Mental Health & Bullying
Nandoca (Former Employee) –  Merry Hill29 September 2019
I will keep this short but I suffered from work place bullying and i informed every manager their and they basically told me to find myself another job. I was humiliated several times when all I wanted to do was work hard and serve customers it affected my mental health so much I was put onto tablets and I had to leave before it affected my life in a permanent manner stay away (merry branch)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nando's. Our community is ready to answer.