Nando's Employee Reviews

Good place
Cashier/Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bedford19 October 2018
Each store is different but it seems apparent that there is a lot of work placed on the cashiers over the grillers which most of the times means managers constantly push cashiers and don't help with the workload themselves
Fun workplace
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes18 October 2018
A typical day at work was good. I had to come in and go to the till to serve the customers. I had also helped with the food and waited for any help. I had learned to work with large groups and I had gained confidence. The hardest part of the job was with the cleaning because we had to thoroughly clean the place. The most enjoyable part of the job was the energy and the good pay that they provided. They had also given us bonuses for our good work.
Pros
Free lunches, take food home
Cons
Unprepared timetable
good job
Nandoca (Former Employee) –  Dundee17 October 2018
Its a decent place to work. its not very thankful and you do feel like you are achieving nothing. its not meaningful work. but if the team is good it can be a fun place to work.
Pros
lots of staff perks, free food, days out, competitions and discounts
Cons
working weekends, min wage
fun work place
Co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London11 October 2018
I have learnt that at nandos you can be yourself. everyone is really nice and helpful. the management is good your told and showed what to do. there inst any hard parts of the job apart from when it gets busy you have to work really hard and quickly. the most enjoyable part of the work you meet and connect with great people of all races around the world
Pros
free lunch
Cons
felxable hours
productive and fun work place
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Leicester8 October 2018
it was OK I guess. we got free food every day but it was hard to work in that heat.
I meet new people every day along the way
my confidence went up everyday as I meet new people I had a team to work with
Pros
free food
Cons
hot place to work
Productive and fun workplace
Griller (Current Employee) –  London8 October 2018
Nandos company is a really good workplace with a nice people and good opportunity to have a carrier like manager. Is a good opportunity for everybody to work there because you have all the manager support anytime
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Fun for students and young people
Canada - Cashier/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside5 October 2018
Nando’s is great for part time or full time as you can usually work as little or as often as you wish. Super busy fun environment where often the management are quite laid back. I enjoyed working here most days but it does get a little boring and it seems there’s a lot of sucking up to do if you want to go higher.
Pros
Free food and lots of time off when needed
Cons
Some management and repetitive
The best company I've worked for.
Nandoca (Former Employee) –  Harrogate4 October 2018
Honestly a brilliant company, so generous, staff days out, weekly pay not a bad starting wage, so much chance for progression, not sure if its changed at all but I would certainly love to work here again!
Pros
Free lunch up to £9.50, great staff discount, longer breaks for longer shifts, lovely working environment
Cons
No tips as they're used on staff days out, occassionally would be asked to stay longer.
hard work for low pay
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Slough, Berkshire4 October 2018
the amount of work and responsibilities you have is not payed accordingly and is subpar compared to similar roles in the industry, the company changed from taking care of his workers to taking care of the bottom line.
Pros
free food
Cons
late night closes
Fun Workplace
Front of House Team Member (Former Employee) –  Birmingham3 October 2018
A great place to work within an amazing and dynamic team that rewards hard work and recognizes internal talent. Amazing staff perks and great support from management
amazing place to work
cashier (Current Employee) –  Manchester3 October 2018
good pay, nice environment to work in also great management, worked here 3 years always been lovely very flexible, great for a first time job aswell also good for students
exciting and fun place of work
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Widnes2 October 2018
I really enjoyed working at nandos and how each day was different there. all the staff where super friendly and I really enjoyed working there. it was like being a part of a family. nandos take pride in the culture and background which I find very interesting. when I started I was paired with someone else who showed me what to do which allowed me to then complete tasks as best as I could
Pros
free food/discount
Cons
not many hours
nice place to work
Waiter - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Orpington, Greater London1 October 2018
I did work experience at Nando's my job role was a waiter I was responsible for meeting and greeting new customers and taking orders. The employees helped me with my job role I enjoyed working at Nando's because I like the people that worked at Nando's they were very friendly and helpful to me I was able to have a good leaning experience.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
not a enough break
management is so bad. treated like rubbish.
Waitress/Bar Staff (Former Employee) –  Northampton26 September 2018
Managers got more stressed the the other workers, especially when they were need for an important transaction. I had about 2 days training so I had to teach myself most things. The hardest part of the job was trying to get along with staff, they're meant to be part of a family but felt far from it. The best part abut the job is the pay and benefits.
Pros
free food. good pay
Cons
terrible management
Family business
waitress (Current Employee) –  Doncaster, South Yorkshire26 September 2018
Working at nandos has helped me to gain valuable experience and skills. It is a brilliant company who looks after you as if you are family, and that includes working in the many nandos restaurants I have worked in across the UK. I always feel looked after and I always feel I can talk to my fellow colleagues and managers if ever I feel there is a problem.
Pros
Free food and good wage
Cons
Can sometimes be long hours
great fun
Head Hostess (Current Employee) –  Chichester, West Sussex26 September 2018
amazing people staff days out good pay and fair working hours, managers very caring and understanding will try to do anything to help its just like a second family.
Pros
free nandos
Cons
no tips
Great People, great chicken
Assistant Manager of Nando's (Current Employee) –  Various25 September 2018
Has its perks but in recent years has become more corporate. Food is top notch and the people you work with are fantastic and has a great values base of Pride, Passion, Courage, Integrity & Family. The family vibe is one that is really evident within the restaurants.
Pros
Free meal on shift
Cons
Long Hours
good workplace
team member (Former Employee) –  Gatwick Airport Station, West Sussex24 September 2018
The Staff were very welcoming they taught me many things on the job. The manager showed me around the store. They went out of their way to make me feel like part of the time
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Good
Cashier/Host (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire24 September 2018
I worked here through university and it was a very good place to work . Co workers were always very friendly and so was management, it was a great part time job.
Fun Workplace at times
Buddy Trainer (Current Employee) –  Orpington24 September 2018
A typical day at work would include a lot of cleaning, busy shifts where everyone is rushed off their feet and stressing. The hardest part of the job was the unsociable hours. i hardly get to see my family and friends as im always working, and when you finish at 12 at night its not very nice walking home/ getting the bus as i don't drive. The benefits of the job however are amazing, you get to go on nandos parties which are crazy, free food every shift you work and good discount during the week days.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Long hours, which are unsociable

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nando's. Our community is ready to answer.