Nacro Employee Reviews

Avoid ....run the other way
Housing Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Sunderland, Tyne and Wear1 October 2019
It had support in my title...what a cheek! I was housing something but not support, no they don't give you time to engage with folk to offer support even when people need it! Induction is a laugh you are told no lone working till you have seen everyone with someone for safety reasons ...then they are short and yeah it's safe for you to meet anyone! Shown once how to use system and expected to log stuff.
Good
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Middlesbrough, North Yorkshire23 September 2019
I liked it at nacro they welcomes me would reccomend it to anyone best place I've ever worked and the best place to go and learn to be confident with mechanics
Horrible managers
Project Worker (Former Employee) –  Spalding10 July 2019
Too large a work load. Thefts ignored and covered by other managers. Terrible place to work, staff willing to work all hours and across the county allowed to bully and steal without redress.Bullying rife and joined in by managers. Avoid this place unless you want to join the thieving bullies.
Pros
Cons
Bullying culture
Enjoable environment
Peer Mentor Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lincoln10 July 2019
Nacro was by far the best place I have worked. The ethos was encouraging and you really feel like you are making a difference. I worked in the Drug and Alcohol service which sadly closed but I wont hesitate in returning if the correct post was available.
Terrible place to work
Floating Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Derbyshire17 June 2019
Awful management didn't even know workers were not going out to see clients. Not bothered no training no supervision. Making money out of vulnerable people. Blame culture overall I wouldn't contract with them again.
Pros
Left alone
Cons
No contact after interview!
Reducing Re-Offending Worker (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire18 March 2019
I was offered an interview as a reducing re-offending worker, I traveled over 3 hours for the interview arrived at the venue, only to have staff look at me blankly and have no clue who I was there to see. After 15 minutes of back and forth, I was told the location of the interview had been moved however, the information had not be shared and the staff had no clue where I was supposed to be going. I spent 30 minutes wondering around trying to find the building, asking locals and no-one had any idea. I finally got a phone call 1 hour after my allotted interview time by the interviewer to ask if I was okay - after being given correct directions I then had to wait around for 2 more hours until the next interview slot. The interviewers were very apologetic and the interview went very well, I felt I had the knowledge and experience to answer the questions and they seemed impressed. I even had several questions for them which they were happy to answer. I was told I would hear back the following Monday/Tuesday (I interviewed the previous Thursday). Those days came and went with no contact from anyone, before I knew it weeks had passed and I had had no communication from anyone at Nacro. By this point I assumed I did not have the job. I have never been to an interview and not been contacted afterwards - I think it is incredibly poor not to contact someone, even if it is just to say they were not successful. Wanting answers I have attempted to contact them through the 'contact us - application query' link on their website and after 3 weeks I am still awaiting a response from that. At  more... the very least a little bit of feedback regarding the interview would be great. I think the overall communication has been really poor, which is disappointing as they do great work and I would have really enjoyed the job I interviewed for.  less
Cons
No communication
Worked with a team on fencing
DIY Level 1, 2, 3 and 4 (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne27 January 2019
I am a positive person who is able to work as part of a team as well as on my own initiative. I have learned to communicate with customers politely, I am a confident and outgoing individual with the drive to work extremely hard in any situation. In the past I have experience of placing decking down, artificial grass, turf, flagging and block plaving.
Pros
45 minute break
Cons
Monday to Friday 7am to 5pm if possible
5 February 2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. Your comments are much appreciated.

Rude and confusing
Offender Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London13 December 2018
I was offered to attend an interview with Nacro, the interview questions were so confusing, very unclear and i would say no relevance to the job at all?! I was asked to bring along some I.D and some other forms downloaded with the confirmation details of the interview.
Needless to say I knew the interview wasn't going well with the random questions being fired at me and the fact that I wasn't asked for copys of my I.d or the requested paperwork.
The hiring manager stated that there would be contact either way the following day - as yet hasn't happened a week later.
I would say Nacro's process is harsh and very confusing and a waste of time!
I would be unwilling to spend half a day and expenses in travel to an interview with this company knowing that they can not even give you a thanks but no thanks email.
8 January 2019

I am extremely sorry to hear of your recent interview experience with us. We pride ourselves on giving every candidate a positive experience at interview and link our interview questions to our Values to ensure they are straightforward whilst allowing candidates to showcase their abilities and experience.

I would also like to apologise for the manager not collecting your documents at interview. Please be assured that this is not an indication of how well the interview went.

I would really appreciate discussing your experience in more detail and particularly to find out if feedback has been provided, therefore could I ask you to email HR@nacro.org.uk with your contact details so I can explore this further and feedback where necessary to the hiring manager?

Passionate about changing lives
Manager (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands22 October 2018
Fast paced and very hands on.
Service users at the centre of everything we do.
None hierarchical, senior managers and Chief Executive very approachable.
Scope to be involved and learn more about other parts of the business.
A good culture with very willing and accommodating managers.
Hardest part of the job - lack of resource at times to be able to deliver
Most enjoyable part of the job - Making a real difference in society.
Pros
Given complete automony to undertake own role
Cons
Resources sometimes stretched
8 January 2019

Thank you for you honest feedback I will ensure this is fed back to management.

Very Diverse interesting workplace
Resettlement Manager (Former Employee) –  Wayland11 October 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed working with NACRO in HMP Wayland, everyday was different and you were always facing new challenges.

There were many opportunities for career development.
Pros
Interesting
8 January 2019

Many thanks for your feedback. I am so pleased to hear of your positive experiences with us particularly around career development.

Excellent Experience
Finance Intern (Former Employee) –  Birmingham25 August 2018
Although pay was low, we were made to feel valued and our opinions were respected. Management were lovely. I was given the opportunity to visit various sites across the UK which allowed me to broaden my experience.
8 January 2019

Thank you for such positive feedback. Its always good to hear we are doing things well and giving people opportunities to learn about the organisation.

Good workplace
Tutor/Assessor (Current Employee) –  Sandwell24 July 2018
Great team to work with. Quality learners. More money could be spent on the centre to bring it up to modern facilities. Internet facilities are poor and dated.
8 January 2019

Thank you for your feedback. I will ensure the comment re the internet are fed back to our ICT team.

tacling the hard side of the community
Mentor - Coordinating sports activities (Former Employee) –  Hertfordshire18 May 2018
really hands on and tactics on helping reduce crime building close relationships in unconditional living. made me consider life insurance. involved playing sports and youth clubs and community centres. day trips and lots of training
Pros
payed for any training i wanted
8 January 2019

Thank you for your feedback and for sharing your experience with others.

Fun and Freindly Work Environment
Artist in Residence (Former Employee) –  Brighton12 May 2018
A typical day at work would begin by being greeted by the other friendly members of staff and progress to a long but fulfilling day of work. I always felt welcome and appreciated and this helped me take pride in my work creating and great overall work environment.
8 January 2019

Thank you for such a positive review of Nacro and the working environment.

Never work for them.
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Grantham, Lincolnshire3 May 2018
Absolutely appalling organisation. No induction or training programme. Vary much thrown in at the deep end and its sink or swim time. Management are completely out of touch with what is going on and offer no support at all. Asked to work over and above my rota for little or no thanks.
Pros
Cons
Long Hours. No management. No Induction. No training.
8 January 2019

I am extremely sorry to hear of your experience of Nacro. Pleased be assured this is not a culture we wish to foster. We have a Corporate Induction Programme in place and are currently working on improving our local inductions to ensure all new starters receive a positive experience when joining us.

Rewarding organisation to work for.
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Birmingham26 April 2018
There was no typical day at work, which was one of the appeal working as a programme coordinator for Nacro. Working with and for the young people, observing the growth of the young people was extremely rewarding.
Pros
making a difference for the young people
Cons
Restriction from funding bodies
8 January 2019

Thank you for your honest feedback and for sharing it with others.

Lovely place to be
Project Manger (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London23 April 2018
A really nice place to work- with many passionate and committed people. Very inspiring. The people across the organisation go over and above on a daily basis.
8 January 2019

Thank you for such positive comments about the organisation. I'm really pleased to hear you feel staff go above and beyond.

Fun work place
Trainee (Former Employee) –  Middlesbrough, North Yorkshire31 March 2018
Fun work place for young adults and children just out of school to learn to become a mechanic , The boss for very nice and helped you if you struggled to do anything
Pros
Good laugh
Cons
£40 a week when trying to support family
8 January 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback it is much appreciated.

Fun work place
Animal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear21 March 2018
It's fun but not enough money to live on when I'm at work I clean feed bath medicate health check and lots of other thing you meet some lovely people aswell
Pros
Bursey
Cons
Not enough hours, cash
8 January 2019

Thank you for giving your honest feedback it is much appreciated.

Hoousing Advisor (Current Employee) –  Margate21 November 2017
Good employer. Good management. Interesting work and forward looking approach to work life balance. I would definitely recommend them as an employer.