Nacro

Nacro Employee Reviews

It is a Good place to learn mechanics and also get your maths and English qualifications. A typical day is; you go in at 9am, 9:20 ish. half of the ppl go up stairs to do academics and half go in the garage, with 2 10 min brakes, 12pm you get lunch, 12:40 you go back inside and switch the go home at 3.
14 April 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I hope the course went well.
I don't have a positive thing to say about the company, some of the staff are really horrible people, they is a click that exist within the company and they make up lies and false statements, really unprofessional and rude to the residents worse job i ever had.
I really enjoy my job its so rewarding, no two days are the same.My colleagues are on hand to help if needed.The management are very supportive and always give feedback.
Pros
Satisfaction
Cons
I've been an employee for 12 months and it's the best work environment I have experienced. Every day is different and working with all kinds of clients. The support is outstanding from colleagues and management. Partly office based and also visiting clients, although covid-19 has us now working from home.
Pros
Great team spirit and variety of skills
Cons
Honestly couldn't name any
This Charity takes money for looking after vulnerable adults but offers zero support.. Amazed how they get away with this... No support during covid 19 for staff, laid off without pay.. Don't bother if you're a caring support worker, these lot aren't..
Pros
Clients
Cons
Nacro isn't what it was. Don't ever expect a promotion unless the higher management like you as they are not fair when it comes it career progression. Higher management in the North (Essex) are appalling. One in particular often publicly humiliates staff in a full office regardless of how it makes people feel! Complaints have been made but yet nothing ever gets done about it. Why isn't Nacro asking why so many staff are leaving? Baffling! If they want you gone, your gone! No staff safety at all, lone working policies were just ridiculous as the solar protects we were given never worked, regardless of repeat asking for the product to be fixed oand/or training. All thats cared about is ticking boxes and filling out yet another spreadsheet. So much work duplication its ridiculous. No real support is avalible to tenants as you are forever trying to catch up with paperwork thats unrealistic and unreliable. Ict equipment and connectivity are a national problem never being able to complete the expected to do!
Great company to work for, completely supported by my managers. I have never worked for a company where the higher level management are truly interested in you as a person. Workplace culture is fun and engaging, always ready to listen to new ideas. Good work is recognised, love this job! I recommend this company if you are looking for a supportive place to work where work life balance is considered always. I work in a great team with a really fun supportive manager.
I was only on a 3month temp assignment but found everyone throughout the organisation friendly and very helpful. This assisted me in completing my projects
6 April 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review. We wish you every success for the future.
i studied at nacro for 2 years where i gained compitant with maths,english and employability skills. whilst studding at nacro i gained qualifications in the motorvehicle trade.
Pros
free lunches and knowledge of the workplace
Cons
it was only a collage and i wasnt getting paid enough to live on.
6 April 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I'm so glad to hear that you had a positive learning experience with us. We wish you all the very best in your future career.
Higher management are terrible,no support or guidance,unfair pay,zero equality, Overall a bad company to work for,lovely staff in the centre i worked in but if you ever need support or help for higher management be ready to let expectations fall. Alot expected for poor pay,unfair pay across the board and no explanation when challenged.
12 March 2020
I am really sorry to hear of your experiences at Nacro and that you feel that pay and equality was an issue. We pride ourselves on being very transparent with regards to our pay structure and always undertake an open and transparent view to the recruitment of staff including the advertising of the pay on offer. Nacro is an extremely diverse organisation which again prides itself on equality across the board and so I am surprised to hear that you felt this was not the case.
The pay is appalling. I can’t speak for Nacro nationally but Essex is incredibly poorly organised. I started and it took almost 6 weeks until I received a laptop and my log in details . I was based in north east Essex but was immediately sent south, 50 miles. Vulnerable people not being cared for consistently or properly
12 March 2020
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback to us. I am very saddened to hear of your experience's with Nacro and will be forwarding your comments regarding the care of vulnerable people to the senior management team.
It is a great place to work with a relaxed culture and friendly teams. There is free parking and all management are available to help you progress within your chosen path.
4 February 2020
Thank you for your positive comments. I am so glad to hear you enjoy working with us and feel supported.
it was a great course i learnt how to change all sorts of car parts and also enjoyed working along side others were we could learn more from the experiance of someone else.
4 February 2020
Thank for your positive comments. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your course and benefitted from it.
Bullying culture and uncaring management. strange atmosphere from day one. started as a permanent staff member yet made redundant after eight months. Hard work does not get appreciated.
17 December 2019
I am really sorry to hear of your experiences with us and will be feeding this back to senior management.
Nacro has been a challenging yet rewarding opportunity, where i have learnt and developed new skills. I work within a team and casework 13 clients, who i support to move on to independent living.
17 December 2019
Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. I am really pleased to hear of your positive and rewarding experience with us.
Good manager a little disappointed that i was denied a reference after contract ended whilst job hunting . Never mind . I was disappointed that the contract came to an end that was a little upsetting. My role was part time salary pro rata.
19 November 2019
Hi, I am really surprised to hear that you were denied a reference as this is not usual practice for Nacro as we offer all employees a reference. If you were a temporary agency worker via an employment agency however then we would expect the agency to provide a reference for you as your employer and not Nacro. I hope this helps?Kind regards
Great place to work, directors and managers who listen and take on board ideas and develop new was of working we do it well or not at all been asked back to work there 3 times
19 November 2019
Thank you for your positive comments and feedback. I will ensure this is fed back.
Not a friendly, supportive or professional company to work for. Very much a finger pointing, blame culture without support offered where needed. Some senior managers are shockingly bad. Never worked anywhere like it and couldn't wait to leave. Staff aren't treated like humans, simply robots. Not a person centred company. Many feel disrepected, and not cared for.
19 November 2019
Hi,I am really saddened to hear of your experience of Nacro and would like to discuss this in more detail with you. Could I ask you to contact the HR Team and ask for the Recruitment Manager so I can take your feedback forward to the appropriate individuals?Kind regards
Appalling, has the cheek to call itself a charity, low wages, expect too much from staff and refuse to act on feedback from staff who have left about the reason they have left. No genuine care for the young people it’s supposed to work with and money driven. Don’t bother even applying you’ll regret it.
19 November 2019
Hi,I am really shocked and saddened to see this review as this is not at all the ethos of Nacro. Could I please ask you to contact the HR Department as ask for the Recruitment Manager so I can discuss your feedback in more detail?Kind regards
I spent over a decade at Nacro. All the Tutors were dedicated to the all round development of the students. At the start of the educational is unorganised chaos. Higher management blame lower staff for their failings. A lot of vital money is wasted on extortionate management charges as a result putting bids in for projects is very challenging. The company is very student focused. unfortu staff will go out of their way to help each other and the students.
19 November 2019
Hi,Thank you for your feedback and I am sorry to hear that your experience was not entirely positive. I am not sure what management charges you are referring to but would welcome a further discussion on your experience if you wish to contact the HR Department and ask for the Recruitment Manager.Kind regards
It had support in my title...what a cheek! I was housing something but not support, no they don't give you time to engage with folk to offer support even when people need it! Induction is a laugh you are told no lone working till you have seen everyone with someone for safety reasons ...then they are short and yeah it's safe for you to meet anyone! Shown once how to use system and expected to log stuff.
19 November 2019
Hi,I am really shocked to hear of your experience with us especially from a lone working perspective as, as I am sure you will agree there is much emphasis at the organisation on the safeguarding of both our service users and employees. You mention your induction and during this you will have received mandatory face to face Safeguarding Training from one of our designated Safeguarding Officers as well as the completion of online Safeguarding training which is again mandatory for all employees. We also have a rigorous lone working policy which should be adhered to at all times.With regards to the use of the systems and your lack of training I hope this is something you raised with your line manager at the time?I am also surprised to hear that we didn't provide you with the time to appropriately support our service users and would really like to speak to you with regards to this so we can ensure that if this is an issue it is addressed immediately, as our service users are the sole reason we exist as a charity and therefore I really want to know if this is not the case so I can raise at the appropriate level and redress the balance. If you would like to discuss your comments in more detail please contact the HR Department and ask for the Recruitment Manager.Kind regards
  1. Employee reviews