Mytime Active Employee Reviews

fun workplace
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Harborne, West Midlands22 October 2017
very fun to work for with the chance to have free golf over the 16 sites across the uk. also have access to all of the gyms and other parts of the company.
Pros
free golf
Cons
n/a
Good job security
Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  West Wickham, Greater London2 October 2017
I will always have job security because lifeguards will always be needed. They are fair with giving out hours amongst the team, so that certain individuals aren't stuck working all the time.
Long days and no stimulation
Recreation Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Wickham15 September 2017
The work days were very arduous and long, with short breaks and no help from management. You are required to continuously clean toilets, showers, and changing rooms- picking up lots of nappies on the way! when you are not cleaning, you'll be on poolside, in a hot steamy room where you are forced to focus for hours on end.
Pros
free gym membership
Mytime
Children Party Host (Current Employee) –  Beckenham27 March 2017
I have been at Mytime for 6 years now so I a considered as one of the 'Experts'. Every day is different depending on the types of parties and whether or not I am needed behind the till. I always help my supervisor and the other party hosts out as I have been there the longest in my department. I enjoy helping others and guiding them in the right directions. I have learned leadership, confidence in talking to customers, working on the till and working in a leisure environment.

The workplace culture is very friendly and respectful to each other. I only wish that the different departments were closer in friendship. The hardest part of the job is I feel slightly unappreciated by the management team and that my department is ridiculed in what has gone wrong rather than what we as a team have achieved. The best part is meeting new people and making a customers day with a smile.
Pros
Free gym membership
Cons
can be a negative atmosphere
Lively working environment
Administrator (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London2 February 2017
Very busy, lots to do but not stressful. Good atmosphere in office, also a health conscious environment. Great colleagues, sociable outside of work. Well managed.
Fun workplace
Food and Beverage Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London29 January 2017
Very well run company, organised, good atomosphere and everyone is very kind and welcoming.

Everyone is aware of what their job is and it's very clear how we can have support if we have a problem.

productive, enjoyable happy workplace
Food and Beverage Assistant (Current Employee) –  London16 January 2017
Great engaging day at work, always kept occupied. Great chances to talk and help customers gives great responsibility. Covering the till, the floor and customer complaints at the same time gives a great challenge. I love talking will customers.
Pros
engaging with customers
Not a very nice place to work for ,
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Orpington, Greater London3 December 2016
if you want to work for mytime I would recommend to work on reception or the after school club team. The managers are not very friendly and if you had problems with anything they were not very supportive of you and would back you up if you had problems with members of the public that had concerns or worries.
Pros
Free Membership + 1 free buddy membership too.
Cons
8 hour shift and not enough breaks
awful
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Beckenham8 November 2016
i worked here for past 4months on reception, management treat you awful and no one is friendly. I would not recommend getting a job here as it was the worst experience i have ever had.
Pros
free membership
Cons
get treated like rubbish
Enjoyable work experience
team lead
customer enquires
easily accessible
helpful staff
pleasant working environment and atmosphere
flexible and accommodating workplace
Recreation Assistant (lifeguard) (Current Employee) –  Beckenham, ENG25 January 2016
I worked here on and off for three years whilst at school and during university holidays and they were very flexible in terms of hours and didn't mind when i took long breaks.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
very hot environment, lots of chlorine
Fun and qwerky
Front Of House Manager (Current Employee) –  Beckenham21 January 2016
It been fun working for mytime but feel its time for me to move on. I have bought my own place in aylesford and would like to work in the customer service area like I do now
fun and passionate team i worked alongside
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  South London26 June 2015
Staff member :Had a great experences working along side staff member within are sector, some days would be rough however we work as a team to make a bad day turn good.

Management/ supervisors: to begin with i thought they was great professional understanding, however things started to change when people would talk amongs others and complaining about certain things and member of staff, which made things awkward working together and i like being real and building myself with the people i work alongside on day to day basis., however people started getting treated differently including myself which i didnt like.

plus side of things I learnt alot about myself that i didnt know.
I become friendly and open with my customers.
i learnt how to meet the needs of different individuals.
Pushing myself and other team member to achieve new things.
Pros
selective Hot/Cold lunches
Cons
8-9 hours a day / half hour lunch
good environment to work in. you will laugh everyday and all the people are friendly, staff or members.
Fitness Instructor/Personal Traiuner (Current Employee) –  Gym Team5 April 2015
job roles include cleaning and maintaining machines and equipment for health and safety
Admin and records of day to day activities within the facility
i have learned allot of customer service skills working here. when to be patient for example, help whenever you see something wrong or if asked and assure customers are happy.

co-workers are all friendly and will help if you need it, as we are a team we must all work together under any circumstance.

the hardest part of the job is to keep close attention to maintenance on machinery as you can get often complaints from members or maybe having to fix or solve problems under pressure if a class is on for example. at all times things must run smoothly.

Most enjoyable part of the job is helping clients achieve their goals and when they give you positive feedback. sometimes as a trainer you need that so you know you are doing a good job.
Pros
Free Membership across all sites
Cons
Misunderstanding and bad communication. Staff members ideas not really taken on board, management instruct what they think is best
Busy and outgoing workplace
Chef (Current Employee) –  Bromley, ENG21 May 2014
A typical day at work for me would consist of opening the kitchen, doing food prep, checking and replenishing the fridges, making the food orders, ordering in new food, calling people who have booked parties with us and up selling more products to them. I have learnt to be very organised and punctual within this job. I think organisation is a key part of working life. The management was very biased and i felt victimized within my job. My colleagues who i work with are very enthusiastic and outgoing and a great bunch of people to work with. The hardest part of my job I would say would be ensuring that you have all the food ordered in and keeping on top of everything within the kitchen. The most enjoyable part of my job was that I just loved being up in the office and making phone calls to up sell more products and sending emails and organising events.
Pros
Free Gym Membership
Cons
Great working with customers and most ground staff
Function and Event Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Beckenham Public Hall28 November 2012
Opening up building. Heath and Safety checks. Temperature control. Receive and distribute post.Deal with enquiries over phone and at reception desk and pass onto specific people. General run of building and checking maintenance needs. Assisting and signing in Contractors. Managing bar staff and all stock. Cashing p bar at end of night. Banking the money at the end of the week Handing over to other staff or locking up building and setting alarm system.

Leant a lot re, Customer Service, Health and safety, Bar duties and management,Admin,Reception, First Aid and managing staff.

Had a supportive manager.

Co-workers were good and helped me to run the building.

Hardest part: Long Hours and bar staff letting you down at the last moment.

I most enjoyed working with all customers, contractors and the general public assisting them with any enquiries and complaints
Pros
great working enviroment, great cutomers
Cons
long hours and six day weeks. didn't get to see my family much. bonuses are non existent.