MyDentist Employee Reviews

Worst place ever
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bury, Greater Manchester17 February 2019
Wages are very low but work load is masive. Blame culture, management do not care about the staff. manager with patronising tone on a daily basis. Makes everyone feel inadequate. Some staff are nice, others act like they are above you. Favouritism is thriving, BULLYING IS MASSIVE and harassment from managers and their FAVOURITES All about paperwork. They don't care about patients welfare at all. All about selling the most private and dental products. Patient's care is out of the window at this corporate.

I would not recommend this place even to an enemy.
Worst company I have worked for AVOID AVOID AVOID
Dental Hygienist/Therapist (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom12 February 2019
I have worked at a number of Mydentist practices as a Dental Hygienist and Therapist. Each practice there has been hardly any referrals, all pay is on per patient, no incentive for staff or management to refer patients. Terrible company to work for. If you are a Dental Hygienist or Therapist just starting out, avoid like the plague. I have over 12 years experience within Dentistry and I have never known a company to treat people so badly. Further more staff are always leaving as pay and working conditions are so poor.

Every Mydentist add for a Hygienist or Therapist will say that they 'actively market their Dental Hygiene and Therapy services', this is the biggest lie of all. Most of the time you will be sat there earning no money, seeing no patients with no one that cares less about patients or their staff. AVOID AVOID AVOID.
I love it here :)
Staff management (Current Employee) –  Derbyshire29 January 2019
In comparison to my previous job, the company excels itself in all aspects. I'm very happy in my role and would love to continue my career progression within MyDentist.
Pros
great place to work
Horrendous to work at
Dental Nurse (Former Employee) –  North East27 January 2019
bullies, don’t care that you’re depressed and stressed, don’t take any consideration in to what you say, over worked, no team work, head nurse and manager don’t know how to run the place, head nurse couldn’t lead and didn’t teach trainees anything, always arguing, huge turn around of staff so nothing is ever stable, told to come in to work when in pain - no consideration about illness...

All over the place, only lasted less than half a year and would advise people not to join (especially newly qualified staff as they will not help you in your journey)

Only good thing is the money... it’s either pay or your pride.
Pros
Money
Cons
Over worked, stressed, no leadership
If you value yourself don't bother to apply
Dental Nurse (Current Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire25 January 2019
Blame culture, management do not care about the staff. Know-it-all area manager with patronising tone on a daily basis. Makes everyone feel inadequate. Some staff are nice, others act like they are above you. Favouritism is thriving, bullying and harassment from managers and their favourites. All about paperwork. They don't care about patients welfare at all. All about selling the most private and dental products. Patient's care is out of the window at this corporate.

I would not recommend this place even to an enemy.
Cons
terrible working environment
Awful company
Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  Glasgoe25 January 2019
You will Not be supported in your role
Higher management are awful
You only go on course on profit related to make the company more money ,not allowed to attend external courses
Please don't work for this company if you value your mental health
Still need to work on your days off they don't pay overtime
Pros
Cons
Poor pay overworked
Do not work here
Dental Nurse (Current Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire17 January 2019
Poor wages, poor management, unable to progress if not a “yes person”, no definite procedures in place, a lot of guesswork, no member of staff has a clue. Current manager thrives off having all staff talk about each other, loves conflict, is unable to do a simple rolling weekly rota let alone run a busy practice. Worked with a great team of staff but one by one they all left. Unworkable budgets, cheap materials, no support...as DCP's we all want to focus on patient care but sadly for the company it's all about the money. You become a number, a very low paid number with loads responsibilities in a toxic environment.
Pros
Cons
toxic environment, unprofessional management
Avoid at all costs
practice manager (Former Employee) –  North East16 January 2019
I can see the gradual decline of the company, there is absolutely no support from higher above you, the way they treat you is disgusting. It’s all about profit no patient care at all. No help just feel bullied in your role. Glad I left
Pros
Cons
No support, wage, no career progression, bullying
SE hygienist/therapist South Devo
Dental Hygienist and Therapist (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, Devon13 January 2019
I have worked at the practice for nearly 10yrs, and my dentist took over approx 4 yrs ago. I was very concerned to start with but I feel now.my job is secure, my practice manager is brilliant and my referring dentists appreciate my job role.
I get paid on time every month, so I can budget my finances for my personal life.
If I want more sessions in the most part this is put in place for me even if we have an agency nurse to come and work with me.
The reception team although under pressure as we need an extra full time dentist which we are trying to recruit (still) make sure my book is well booked and they listen to how long I want for each visit and the recall time etc.
There are + & - for working for a corporate practice vs an independent but in the most part I am happy.
Awful
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  North West10 January 2019
What can I say I’ve worked for the company for a number of years however recently I have seen underhand tactics and bullying by higher managers.
God forbid you are off genuinely off sick you are threatened with the sack even when it’s work related stress. No support at all I have seen one colleague absolutely broken and at rock bottom and they still continued the bullying. Avoid avoid avoid
Pros
Cons
Where do I start
No support from ADM what so ever
Practice Manager (Former Employee) –  North West6 January 2019
ADM only interested in numbers, talks a lot of talk about providing support but doesn't follow up with any action. The bullying I witnessed was absolutely shocking and no other PM dare speak up for the fear of becoming the next target. Lack of dentists means targets are impossible but yet you're still questioned about why you haven't achieved target. It's a real good job that the PM's support each other or support would be none existant. Would definitely not recommend this company, also salaries are a joke. All the positive Practice Manager reviews are because all PM's were told to do a review, you can't fake reviews like that, telling current employees to put up a positive review so people will want to work for the company is wrong and obvious as a high percentage of recent reviews are by current PM's
Pros
PM team and dentists are great
Cons
To many to list
Terrible!! Avoid at all costs!!
Practice Manager (Former Employee) –  North East6 January 2019
Worked here as a Practice Manager for 3 years.
Can honestly say that during my 20+ years in dentistry this is the only time I have felt like nothing more than a sales person!
Dentistry is most definitely not the priority here the priority is how much can you sell!
Patient care is insignificant, how many oral hygiene products you can squeeze out of them is all that matters, bonus points for electric toothbrushes! Absolutely disgusting behaviour we are healthcare professionals not hardened sales people!
Patients know this is what you are doing and you wonder why they don’t want to return?!
As an employee you are nothing more than a number replaced in an instant so don’t even consider raising a concern to anyone your not important enough to listen to!
Area managers have no idea what it takes to run a dental practice and have zero people management skills again completely sales driven and tunnel visioned.
As well as sales targets budgets are ridiculous! Can’t provide the materials needed for dentist as out of money!
I feel I wasted 3 years of my life here and regret the day I accepted a position.
Now back in an independent practice putting the needs of the patients and the team first as it should be and am very happy to be back in dentistry and out of sales!
Pros
CPD Through academy
Cons
Too many to list!
Dental Nurse (Current Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire5 January 2019
Enjoy working with my team. really get on with all the staff. good company to work for. Management is good and making changes that is benefiting the practice. It is so much better now than when i started.
Pros
Team work
Cons
Covering other paractices
possibly the worst corporate in UK
Dentist (Current Employee) –  Derbyshire3 January 2019
The company has no structure and is full of false promises. Main issues that come to mind:
lack of equipment
lack of stock
repairs that take forever even on the most basic equipment
poor patient management
managers never respond to patients complaints which results in dentists to deal with angry patients afterwards
poor book management
no honesty or integrity
no objectivity
no confidentiality you may raise an issue about certain staff member and management immediately tell them about it
unethical behaviour
Ever since new area manager taken the role I feel like I have turned into a sales man rather than a dentist. All of a sudden I must make sure to sell enough tepes to make up for my daily consumables target and enough private composites to make bosses happy. Funnily enough I thought we work to help patients and put their welfare first and not fill area manager's greedy pockets.
Too many practices are filled with managers no matter what level they're at who use their position and power to mistreat or disrespect others. Unfortunately, unless the situation you're in involves race, gender or ethnic origin, there is often no legal protection against abusive behaviour so you can't really win. Talked with fellow dentists from other practices, everyone has the same issues. They might claim they invested in the practices (which is hardly true) I don't think painting 3 walls and sticking 2 signs on the wall can be classed as an investment? Get us equipment we need and get off our backs for not selling extra electric toothbrush for a day.
I understand we all need to make
  more... a living but if the company jeopardise my morality then it's definitely a time to go.
Very disappointed with the company, as most of the staff.
Pros
Cons
list would be long
Challenging and rewarding role
Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  Devon31 December 2018
I have worked for the company now for 3 years. I feel secure in my job and have had progression opportunities. The hardest part of the job is the work load especially if you are dual sited and feeling like you don't quite have enough time to do everything, saying that though there is a lot of support if you ask for it. If you aren't sure about something the support centre have got it covered. The compliance system is brilliant and the company are always looking to improve. I think a lot of bad reviews come from a negative experience with an individual and not with the company itself. Nothing is ever perfect but I can honestly say that this company have been very good to me and I would recommend working for them.
Pros
courses, progression opportunity, support
The company needs to get their priorities right and reward loyalty
Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  South West21 December 2018
Constant pressure to concentrate on a million things at once and positives are never recognised but negatives are. Short staffed due to expectation to be on bare minimum staff, so no cover for holidays and sickness. This puts pressure on whole team and brings down staff morale. Pay is very inconsistent and not based on how hard you work or how well your practice is doing. Dentists are rewarded for threatening to leave as the company is so desperate. Despite the new company "values" profit is always put above patient care.
Pros
great team, indemnity, GDC paid, uniform supplied
Cons
over worked, under paid
Fantastic company to work for.
Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester18 December 2018
I am a very happy practice manager and work for my dentist and love my job. The progression is there if you want it and work towards it. I started as a qualified nurse and worked my way up to PSM and then to practice manager. Like any business we do have targets as the business needs to grow but I do not feel this has a dextremental effect on patient care or staff. I feel supported in my role by my staff, my dentists, by the other managers in my area, my area manager, my regional manager and the CEO. Yes we are listened to from the powers above. I will admit as a company things have not always been good and we have not always got things right but things are changing and for the better. We have implemented a pay structure for the nurses and increased the pay, but this will take time to reach its full potential.

We pay the annual retention fee for the GDC registration and indemnity for all of our nurses, as well as providing all core CPD to ensure training and clinical experience is all up to date. We have a state of the art academy in Manchester City centre and offer face to face courses including free post qualifications if you want to grow further in your role.
We have a head office in Kersley where all the other departments you will need are based including HR, facilities, payrol, employee relations and IT, who are there to support any staff member in the day to day running.

I feel I have a good work, life balance and enjoy the challenges of running a successful dental practice.

I hope that my team feel as supported and as happy as I am in my job.

It’s
  more... an exciting time to work for Mydentist and would not want to work for any other corporate company.  less
Pros
Free CPD, insurance, rewards, GDC fees paid. Training, support, teamwork
Enjoy working for them!
Head Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester17 December 2018
I've been working for MyDentist for almost 3 years, I love the practice that I work for, we're like a little family. Although I wish my job work/life balance was better(although I don't necessarily think that is the companies fault), the pay is good, I have lots of growing room and the management is fabulous! I have never felt like I cannot voice my opinion to my manager or even the regional manager.
The only thing I can con is that I wish there was more appreciation for individuals
Pros
Good Pay, Fab managment, Room to grow
Cons
More appreciation for individuals
Dental Hygienist
Dental Hygienist (Current Employee) –  Mildenhall, Ely, Thetford, UK15 December 2018
Positive environment with like minded healthcare professionals providing the best practice care for patients.

Delivering Oral Health Education to the individuals needs and adapting as required to give the ultimate outcome.
Pros
Lunch Break
Cons
No Lunch Break
Excellent job with small children
Lead recep (Former Employee) –  Exmouth, Devon8 December 2018
Excellent job with small children, good team. Local to home, little advancement available but lots of training opportunities. Little support from higher management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MyDentist. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9