MyDentist Employee Reviews

great corporate company
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, Devon18 June 2018
I have been well looked after and felt valued whilst working for the company. Ideas have been taken seriously and I my family life is always kindly considered.
20 June 2018

Thank you very much for leaving a review.

We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time working for us. mydentist recognises that it is our people who make such a difference to our success. We always do our best to ensure our staff are happy within their role therefore glad you felt valued and we were able to accommodate your personal needs when required.

We would like to wish you the very best of luck in the future

Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  Cheshire14 June 2018
Fun, interesting, challenging, great team of people who support eachother.
Really glad to have made the move from retail into dentistry, especially to mydentist.
Pros
Learning and development
20 June 2018

Hi, thank you for leaving a review and for choosing your career with us!

We are so happy to hear you feel fully supported within your role as Practice Manager, mydentist strives to ensure all our staff work as one team both clinically and operationally to provide the best care for our patients.

We hope you continue to enjoy your time with us, keep up the amazing work!

Nasty
Nurse/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Chester, Cheshire12 June 2018
Days in work are by for the worse case of stress iv ever experienced. With Management who have no clue. Manager puts sick days on when i wasn't off, doesn't put my over time on and i am now down £400. They then tell me i have to wait a whole month. I send an email explaining how i have rent, bills, car and food to pay for which will result in late payment charges and i get a response saying " we don't liaise with employees". So you judge this adverisment for yourself.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, bad attitude manager but expect everything from you
20 June 2018

Hi, thank you for leaving your review.

We are so sorry to hear you are having a bad experience with us at the moment.

mydentist does not tolerate this kind of professional behaviour so encourage you to engage with our dedicated Employee Relations team at the Support Centre that are always available to support our colleagues as well as the myadviceline that are available to take calls 24 hours a day on 0808 1682143.

We truly hope the situation can be rectified and you start to see an improvement within your role.

Not great place to work
DENTAL NURSE/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New Milton, Hampshire6 June 2018
Focus on UDA targets.
Can't order stock supplies because they want
to lower down the budget.
No equal treatment to all the staff.
Hard work low pay.
Very busy practice.
Pros
Paid GDC updated Cpd
Cons
Non stop work every minute
20 June 2018

Hi, thank you for leaving your review.

We understand that our practices can get busy at times however with the right support in place this should not be a cause for concern. Anyone feeling they are not supported correctly should always seek advice from their line manager who can look into ways of effectively managing this.

Although we do provide targets in certain roles to stimulate engagement, this is never at the expense of patient care, all targets should be attainable and measurable and the expectations should be clear.

We are really sorry your time with us wasn’t great and would like to wish you the very best of luck in the future.

Worst company to work for
Dental Nurse (Former Employee) –  Sheffield1 June 2018
Change of management from clinically trained to sales trained! They have no idea and bully staff into what they want, turnover of staff proves the type of company they are to work for and that no one has picked up on this massive red flag!
Pros
Free uniform
Cons
Management at all levels
6 June 2018

Hi, thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review.

We are sorry that you felt this way about your time with the business, mydentist does not tolerate bullying of any colleagues and has robust processes and procedures to manage any such concerns.

mydentist recognises that it is our people who make such a difference to our success and we are continuously assessing our working environments, equipment and pay and benefits to ensure all our employees feel valued and have an enjoyable working life.

Once again we are sorry you had a bad experience with us and we wish you the very best of luck in the future.

Excellent Practice, Excellent supporting Manager & ADM
Dental Therapist (Current Employee) –  Halifax, West Yorkshire31 May 2018
Work at the practice full time as a Hygienist/Therapist for 14 years. Enjoy going to work, we have a great team. My experience and skills are being put to use and and the company is supporting me in helping make this happen. Management team very approachable. Excellent online CPD courses available. Great clinical conference held yearly - highly recommend.
Pros
Excellent supporting team.
6 June 2018

Thank you for your review and more importantly for your long service!

It's great to hear that you have been able to continue to grow your career and that you are happy with the support you receive from your team and further management. Our Hygienists and Therapists are integral to patient care and we want to support every single one of you as much as possible.

We really hope you continue to enjoy many more years working for us

Proud to work at my dentist!
Regional dental nurse (Former Employee) –  Crewe, Cheshire25 May 2018
I have been a regional dental nurse at 2 practices now and I love my role going to different practices and the best part is is I get paid mileage too which helps with the travelling costs. My managers have been so lovely and supportive. I do wish nurses could have rewards every now and then as it is hard work especially at busy practices.
Pros
Wages are good
Cons
Can’t think of any
7 June 2018

Thank you for leaving a review!

We are so happy to hear you are enjoying your time working for us. Our nurses make a huge difference to our success every day and we want every nurse at mydentist to feel rewarded and be recognised for their hard work. We are continuously assessing our pay and benefits to ensure all employees feel valued.

Keep up the amazing work that you are doing

good company
Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  Norfolk15 May 2018
started as a trainee worked my way up, have really enjoyed working for the company, although there have been some tough days as in all jobs.
Really enjoyed my time as head nurse assisting the dentist and ensuring all my other little responsibilities were completed before the day was out.
Cons
not as many options to grow with the company
7 June 2018

Thank you so much for leaving your review.

We are really pleased to hear you have been able to grow and progress in your role so far, we pride ourselves in wanting to support all our staff with the right career structure so if you are interested in other opportunities please have a confidential chat with your Area Development Manager who is always on hand to support you.

Very supportive company to work for
Dental Hygienist (Current Employee) –  North West13 May 2018
I started to work for my dentist approximately about 4 years ago, every job has good and bad days this is inevitable, but i enjoy going into work each morning, hence why I have stayed working in my practice.

The company have always been very supportive regarding issues in practice or personal life, they strive to improve the company overall each year.

There is a lot of flack around mydentist as a whole, sometimes I can agree with a few issues but nothing is perfect, us ourselves do not work perfectly sometimes.

You really do get out of the company what you put in, so if you want to do the bare minium and dont want to suceed then I would not say this company is suitable for you, as they do want the very best, so if you dont want to be the best version of yourself dont work here, iv worked with many of people who just sit and moan about this that and the other, yet do nothing to change or change there work ethic, if you are a good member of staff then you will get the many benefits that mydentist has to offer.

Dentist are offered a lot of support within the practice, nurses have continual support and training offered and management is brilliant, if you are every struggling with technical issues or problems with equipment in surgery you are not left to deal with it, head office is very quick and responsive to any queries or troubles you have.
Pros
Hour lunch, Supportive Staff Members, Brilliant Head office and Human Resources, Staff Training and Good Management.
Cons
Occasional Saturday Working
8 June 2018

Hi thank you very much for leaving a great review.

We are so happy to hear you have enjoyed your time with us over the past 4 years and hopefully here is to many more.

We want to be recognised as not some faceless corporate, but a fantastic growing company who puts our patients and staff are at the heart of everything we do and we like to work and get things done as part of a great local team.

mydentist recognises that is is our people who make such a difference to our success so we want to ensure they feel supported, we are so pleased you feel this from both within your practice and all other areas of the business.

Thank you again, and keep up the great work you are doing!

Practice Manager
Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  Cornwall9 May 2018
I have worked for the company for 11 years and started as a trainee nurse, I am now a dual site manager and I love my Job. The company has really helped me to develop and continues to do this through working very closely with my area manager. I work in Cornwall and transferred from Yorkshire over 4 years ago. This was by far the best decision of my life. This is not the easiest job in the world but the staff and the company help, I enjoy helping the patient have a fantastic journey from walking in the door to leaving.
Pros
academy LMS
Cons
alot of travelling
11 May 2018

Hi, thank you for your review!

We're delighted that your hard work has paid off and you have enjoyed career progression with us. We're proud to enable so many people just like you to grow their careers at mydentist. Patient care is at the heart of what we do and are glad you share the view that we can provide this through all teams working together.

Keep up the amazing work!

Good company to work for
Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  North East5 May 2018
Having worked in both independent and corporate practices for over 30 years I can honestly say mydentist is by far the best employer I have had. I received full training and support right from the start and this continues to be the case. Clearly there are some issues with salaries but the new management team are listening to staff concerns and are making progress in this area to improve staff morale. Practices are managed individually and yes you do have some practice managers that are better than others, but the company has policies in place to ensure standards are met and maintained. I personally would recommend mydentist to anyone who has a good work ethic, puts patient care first and wants a career pathway.
Pros
Cpd, GDC registration paid, excellent support from ADM and DOR
11 May 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

We are so pleased that you view mydentist as the best employer you have ever had and have continued to receive the support you deserve in your role. Our new leadership team are restlessly ambitious in their pursuit of quality for both employees and patients and it's great to hear you feel the same.

Overall happy
Lead nurse (Current Employee) –  North West29 April 2018
I have worked at my practice for the past 15 years. (Obviously before my dentist bought the practice) and throughout my working career and my dentist buying the practice. I have not wanted to leave. I have always been a hard working individual so have never seen any problem with working with mydentist I have progressed throughout working for the company and they have put me on many of courses for free to help me with my advancement.
I personally have never had any issues with the company, every company tries to penny pinch and try and get the cheaper alternative but find people are under so many illusions to think that mydentist is the only cooperate business that does this??
The pay increases have been a massive bonus with sticking with mydentist and there is so much support around you.
I don't think mydentist is a bad company to work for. I have worked previously for terrible bosses and had no alternate support from place like HR and not had the support that mydentist has given me since them taking over the practice.
Every work has there flaws just some people focus on them constantly.
Pros
Great courses, rewards system, trainee nurse programme, GDC payed for and free CPD.
11 May 2018

Thank you for your review and more importantly for your long service!

It's great that you have been able to continue to grow your career and develop through courses and that you are happy with the recent pay increase. Our nurses are integral to patient care and we want to support every single one of you as much as possible.

Be part of something great!
Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  Leeds23 April 2018
I have worked for Mydentist for 4 years, I have progressed from being a trainee nurse to a practice manager in the space of 3 years.
The support and opportunities available within the company are brilliant.
The company provide excellent patient care whilst trying to improve on innovative ideas of achieving the best service they can give.

I personally wouldn't work for anyone else. I have an amazing team that give 100% every day and I think if you actually look forward to going to work on a daily basis then your obviously doing something right :)
Pros
Advancement of career, multiple locations to work from so easy transferable
11 May 2018

Hi there! Thanks so much for your review.

We're glad to see how well you have progressed in your 4 years with us and how much support you have received in this time. Patient care is our primary focus and we're delighted to have someone as loyal and positive as yourself liaising with patients every day!

Awful to work for
Dental Nurse (Former Employee) –  Sheffield23 April 2018
I was in the business for many years and over past 18 months with a change in management the practice within the area took a massive hit. Majority of the long standing staff who were fantastic members have left due to this, and many complaints have been made with barely any communication back. Above management don’t seem to have even a basic understanding of the business and the supporting staff are expected to pick up the managers important duties on very poor wages.
Pros
Leaving at the end of the day
Cons
Management, support, wages, communication
11 May 2018

Thank you for your review.

We're sorry to hear that your last 18 months with mydentist were not enjoyable. We want everyone to feel that they have a voice and can make a difference. We always want all staff to learn new skills and take on extra responsibilities for their own development so that we can continue to internally promote people.

We wish you the best of luck for the future.

Work hard pays better
Dental Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lancaster Gate Station22 April 2018
A lot of negativity around my dentist but as a company I cannot fault it. If you work hard and do your job that you get paid to do there is no negativity.

There are many chances to progress through the company and better Yourself that is if you apply yourself. This is probably the same working for any other company. You get a lot of support from the staff around you.

If your a hard working indivual you will reap the rewards of working at my dentist.
Pros
Free cpd. Free GDC and indemnity. Free courses. 1hr lunch. Practice support. Great colleagues.
11 May 2018

Thank you for your review.

It's great to hear that your hard work has paid off and the support you have received has helped you to grow and develop.

Keep up the hard work!

Motivating and supportive Leadership
Area Development Manager (Current Employee) –  North East21 April 2018
Great company that understands what hard work takes place in our practices and in the field. Nurses will benefit from the new pay structure which in turn motivates development. Clinicians are fully supported both operatinally and clinically.
I have been here 11 years and left the NHS and its securities to join the business so i am sure taht speaks volumes! You wont be disappointed if you join us!
Pros
Fantastic team work and suoport
11 May 2018

Hi - thanks for your review!

We're delighted you see the benefits of our recent pay increase for nurses and that we appreciate everything they do for our patients.

We agree that all teams - operations and clinical - working together helps us fully support our Clinicians and all members of staff. Your longevity with us is greatly appreciated and we hope you continue to inspire those around you.

Target driven but very productive in the provision of care to patients
Dental Nurse (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire20 April 2018
Over the years the company has had a bad reputation but i feel it's sometimes over exaggerated and it's just based on an individuals own personal experience with the company.I got to say though,there are certain individuals who sometimes taint the image of the company.Maybe it's ego or just pressures from people above them.For me though,my overall experience with the company so far hasn't been that bad.I know it is target based and sometimes they use cheap materials,which i totally get but it's down to the individual dentist to raise on what he/she needs to do a good job,so not to compromise on the quality of work and care to the patient.I know it can sometimes get quite busy and stressful which can have an impact on one's mood,health,motivation or even makes one sometimes not enjoy nursing at all.One thing that i don't like is if you are a hardworking nurse and feel under appreciated and some fellow nurses just not pulling their weight and not having that team work ethos but just find time to moan and groan.Most dentists are excellent to work with but some are not so great to work with.Maybe they feel the same in relation to us nurses too!But I feel that if one is hardworking,uses their initiative,shows passion,is respectful,has that positive drive and a good relationship with the rest of the team,then their will be endless opportunities for them in this company.I would recommend the company to trainee dental nurses as post qualifications,they do offer training to various courses,pay your registration fees and you become a recipient of certain benefits.so overall good career  more... progression.  less
Pros
Indemnity fees paid for, regular cpd courses and post registration courses
Cons
Hours can be long, some dentists are not so great to work with
11 May 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

We appreciate that you are always going above and beyond in your role and that are Dental nurses will do whatever it takes to ensure our patients receive high quality care.

The opportunities we offer Nurses is just one way we can show our true appreciation for all that they do and we want all practice relationships to be positive and collaborative.

Dental Nurse and Receptionist (Current Employee) –  North west Lancashire19 April 2018
You get a lot of support off managers and other members of staff. You get free CPD and GDC and indemnity paid for. The pay rise has been a massive bonus as you feel appreciated for the job your doing. Free courses to broaden your knowledge and experience.
If your ever stuck or unsure head office always help out with a quick phone call and dilemmas are easily resolved.
Things are massively improving over MyDentist as a company.
Pros
Free CPD GDC
Cons
working occasional Saturdays
11 May 2018

Hi! Thanks for your review.

We're so happy you are pleased with the support you receive from mydentist and that the recent pay rise highlights how important our dental nurses are.

We are altogether better and support teams are always at hand to ensure the smooth running of day to day practice life.

Our leadership team are on a mission to improve patient care and employee wellbeing and we're glad you are recognising this!

Mixed opinion
Manager (Former Employee) –  North England16 April 2018
Varied opinions, had a good Area Manager who was really proactive but who moved on was replaced by somebody who was a pen pusher from head office who had no clue what she was doing, some people at head office at management level had dreadful attitudes and like many a god complex when strolling in to practice with no clue about practice level, Good colleagues at regional level. Poor pay, long hours.
Pros
Team members
Cons
Hours, pay and backstabbing
8 June 2018

Hi thank you for leaving your review.

Sorry to hear your time with us wasn't the best. A new CEO joined the company last year and since then has has made several changes and new appointments to the Leadership team within Head Office. He has worked with colleagues across all areas of the business to understand the strengths we display as an organisation and how we can enhance these together.

mydentist recognises that it is our people who make such a difference to our success and we are continuously assessing our pay and benefits to ensure all employees feel valued.

We would like to wish you the very best of luck for the future

Great Team, Great Peers, Great Place To Work
Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  North West13 April 2018
I have an excellent support system from my other Practice Managers plus our ADM.
You really do get out what you put in, targets can be tough but they're based on previous years performance plus an additional percentage to push and strive you and your team to get better, this is true of any business.
The people that will struggle with mydentist are people that cannot be bothered to push themselves, complain about things that you really just need to get on with or that will not ask for help.

Our business is proud to be 'OneTeam' and this is what we are!
Pros
Excellent Staff, Excellent Practice Manager Support, Fabulous ADM.
11 May 2018

Thank you for your review!

We're so pleased to hear that you have such a great support system with other practice managers in your area and feel close to your peers. Whilst we may be a large network of local practices, we do strive to ensure we can all feel part of one team.

Your hard work is truly appreciated, keep it up!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MyDentist. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9