MyDentist Employee Reviews

Demoralising. Bullying. Discrimination
Dental Nurse (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow16 January 2018
This company put profits before patient care. If targets are not met ADM's rip into the practice teams. They discriminate against several colleagues from varying backgrounds. Targets are unattainable. Material budgets cut to bare minimum. Inferior products used to keep costs down. Employed staff paid just above minimum wage. Good practice teams demoralised by profits before patients. Area Managers unqualified and resort to bullying and threats of disciplinary action to ensure company targets are attained. Avoid at all costs.
Pros
GDC paid
Cons
Long hours. Staff shortage. Bullying.
Unbearable performance pressure
Practice Manager (Former Employee) –  North West7 January 2018
High pressure environment with continual threats of disciplinary action if practice not performing in any area. Managers unable to manage practice, with facilities and purchasing overseen by unqualified Muppets. No clinical support, even when serious issues surrounding clinical practice identified. Personal efforts count for nothing if dentists underperform. Trying to get equipment repaired was a joke.
Pros
Peer support from other managers, great supportive practice team
Cons
Constent threat of disciiplinary action, poor work life balance
Avoid
Manager (Former Employee) –  North West5 January 2018
Work life balance out the window . It doesn't matter how much you sacrifice it will do you no good at all and you will be no better thought of. All the company want is yes people who act like automatons and do exactly as they are told. You may be a manager but you have very little say in what happens in your practice but by God will you be up for a disciplinary if you do anything wrong. Although as a manager you will be on a 40 hour contact you will actually work 50 hours or more with no extra pay. I put my own life on hold for this company and i refuse to.let this happen again. Loved my staff. Final nail in coffin was when another manager was taken on in my area with no dental experience on more money than me. Left with very low self esteem confidence shot to pieces and faith in human nature lost. No care for employees whatsoever - only incentive to do your job well is threat of disciplinary or getting the sack - no perks . I know there is alot of negativity for practice managers on here but staff need to be aware of the massive pressure put on them which then gets filtered down to the nurses and dentists.
Pros
Great staff on the whole and support of other managers
Cons
Too many to mention
Poor management
Dental Hygienist (Current Employee) –  Staffordshire5 January 2018
Working for My Dentist is similar to working within a third world country at times. There are frequent equipment failures and maintenance problems which take an age to address due to the organisational structure.
The calibre of Dentists employed by this company I have to be generally poor with a strong orientation towards profit rather than care of the public.
The turnover of staff is concerning and frustrating, although not surprising.
Great environment
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Torquay, Devon29 December 2017
As a volounteer for my duke of Edinburgh award I decided I would volounteer at my local dentist this was a great environment it helped me learn about management of time and good customer service
Pros
Amazing people and happy customers
Cons
Stress when it gets too busy
Terrible practice
Dental Nurse/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  East Hull22 December 2017
Worked for my dentist for a few years.
Management at all practices is diabolical.
Laziness is rewarded and accepted but only by favourite members of staff.
Poor wages for a lot of responsibility.
Unable to recruit good decent dentists.
No patient care whatsoever-disgusting

Reception at this practice is dire! No organisation at all! A complete joke. Staff more concerned about sucking up to management.
Pros
Cpd, Most staff members are great
Cons
Lack of organisation, poor wages, reception terrible, no patient care.
No patient care
Dental Nurse (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow3 November 2017
Basically slave labour, paid minimum wage as a qualified dental nurse. Other nurses and dentist were amazing but management was a joke! Promises of career progesssion but when you ask about courses they are all refused. Too much silly paperwork that is completely unessesary. More concerned about how much money they make than the patient care! Poor equipment/materials. Most of our equipment was 10+ years old and falling apart yet will not replace anything. Stay clear of this company
Pros
Great staff, free cpd, gdc paid, indemnity paid
Cons
Long hours, underpaid, poor equipment, poor management, poor training
Awful place to work
Dental Nurse (Former Employee) –  Spennymoor, Durham29 October 2017
Nurses get no recognition for there hard work at all! This is by far the worse company I have worked for! Iv had several problems with management and they've always took the managers side even when they were completely I'm the wrong. I ended up leaving without another job to go to as the problems at work had sever impact on my mental health and the company didn't do a thing about it
Don't bother applying
Dental Nurse/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Cumbria27 October 2017
We got taken over by the company as a well established practice that the head dentist was selling due to retirement. Mydentist has single handedly come in and ruined the place. Terrible pay, horrendous management and they use bullying tactics. Middle management and HR are awful and do not support you at all leaving all staff members feeling worthless, you are just a faceless number to them. If you do decide to join the company join a good union because you will need it!!
Cons
Shocking place to work no authority like a playground environment. To many chief
Dental Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Cheshire25 October 2017
Love my patients got the place upto scratch have a day off it all goes to pot .. no organisation what so ever it's a "do what u want" kind of job.
Always work through dinner no one cares about the next person. Shocking
Rude stuck up nurses & dentists
Dental Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New Milton19 October 2017
Rude horrible patients, most were abusive and rude. Wasn't sure if my in description was receptionist or punch bag. Rude stuck up shallow dental nurses and dentists that spoke to you like dirt all day all in front of patients. All of this for £7.50 a hour. You can get paid more for same receptionist role elsewhere for a lot less work no abuse and nicer colleagues and patients. Jobs to do as long as your arm, phone doesn't stop ringing. Don't work here and if you do get out while you can.
Pros
Zero
Busy practice
Dental Nurse/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Fleetwood, Lancashire25 September 2017
Mydentist practices tend to be extremely busy. Salary isn't great, could be better. Good career opportunities for the staff members. CPD easily provided by the company and courses are paid for
Pros
Career opportunities
Cons
Poor salary
Not and enjoyable place to work
Dental Nurse/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New Milton, Hampshire14 September 2017
Awful company, awful hours, awful dentist, awful manager, awful pay! Too many catty girls with big peronalities, everyone screaming at eachother infront of patients.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, rubbish pay, horrible staff
Worst company to work for
Reception/ nurse (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, Devon25 July 2017
Have worked for the company for 4 years leaving as am treated like dirt by the dentist's management and area manager only care about the dentist's who are self employed. They have no care or consideration for the nurses or reception staff.
Busywork place
Nice dentists
High staff turnover
Limited appointments for patients
Clean and tidy
Experienced and hard working nurses
Terrible
Dental Nurse/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom24 July 2017
Terrible place to work.
Managers are mainly non clinical.
Rubbish money and no hope for a payrise.
Expect you to give give give. .
Run into lunch breaks frequently
No respect from managers.
Staff meetings in your unpaid lunch hour
No bonus at christmas
Staff meetings very rarely
Pros
Gdc and indemnity paid for
Cons
Long hours. No respect from managers.
boring and not much team work
Receptionist/Administrator (Current Employee) –  Stockton-on-Tees6 July 2017
I enjoy the dentist honest I've made some excellent friends but overall I think its rather over staffed and the dentists are very rude people, I've also felt like I've been unable to progress.
Pros
nice teeth
Cons
dentists see nurses as inferior
Manager support
Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge2 July 2017
Great Support from ADM and other practice managers.
Mydentist academy for all employees to completed CPD
Many job opportunities for nurses, receptionist,Dentist and hygienist.
Pros
Support from ADM
Cons
recruitment.
The worst company
Dental Nurse/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Essex29 June 2017
Materials used for NHS & PRIVATE are the same!!
Rude staff members, managers have no clue, other staff members bullied to the point of leaving. There is discrimination against staff. Worst company possible! This is not a career! Worst job ever. Do not work for these people!!!
Pros
Gdc
Cons
Above
Avoid!!
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  North Wales12 April 2017
Where do I start.... just imagine being given a list as long as your arm of jobs to do, a phone that ring 24/7, a que of patients all day, everyone else's job they can't be arsed doing, and your on only £7.20 a hour knowing your younger sibling is in Tesco having a laugh in work on a extra £2 a hour! You can of course progress from just a receptionist to a trainee dental nurse where the dentist treat you like scum of the earth and refuse to work along side you, risk contracting a disease and take all that learning on for not a penny extra! Holidays pffffttt just because your entitled doesn't mean your having them! And if you do get some balls to approach management they won't care you have to either get on with it or leave... my advice is go to Tesco and stack shelves you will enjoy your life much better.
Cons
Poor management, poor pay, unorganised

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MyDentist. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7