Musgrave

Musgrave Employee Reviews

United Kingdom34 reviews
A relaxed and friendly workplace and I made many friends. Access-wise, it's fairly central and easy to commute to, with on-site parking and a great staff restaurant!
Musgrave is not a good employer.
Dungiven store is horrible , treat you like dirt on your shoe!!!! Stay clear, deli food is disgusting, out of date! Horrible management, DO NOT WORK HERE OTHERWISE YOU WILL END UP WITH POOR MENTAL HEALTH
A lot of walking about doing nothing. The wage itself is a disgrace. Most jobs are done by mid afternoon and your told to walk about and fix shelves... Its so tedious and the day drags in. Too many people in on shifts were they are not needed.
Sales assistants get on like managers because they have been their for years and think they are better than you. The managers themselves are nice people however it seems if the people that have worked their longer just complain and moan they get their way.
Started of great then stress central, then good then the worst. I've worked for some rubbish in my time but this was probably the worst! They harp on about their values but don't live by them, often rewarding the wrong people and punishing the good. The senior management team, you could count on 1 hand how many are decent, the rest, no business acumen, no man management skills, only interested in self progression and will walk over anyone to get to the top without a care in the world about the other person's circumstances. Speak your mind colleagues, we want you to do we can listen and make changes; yep you guessed it, those changes are you out the door!!! Highlight concerns to HR, yea if your face doesn't fit they don't care, as someone else said, HR& accountant run and very very wrongly at that!! If you value your sanity stay well clear.
Clueless company
Pros
Good craic on the warehouse floor
Cons
Musgrave
Worst place to work ever treated like dirt. Senior Management not able to communicate,their way or your out. If your face dosn"t fit your not in the gang or sit at the big table. Not worth giving a review.
Pros
Finishing the day
Cons
None what so ever
Great benefits & remuneration
Terrible work culture

Box ticking & audits

Accountant & HR controlled

Don't grow good business in NI

Fear controlled
I worked here for 1 day short of 16 years! Got the sack because of lies a customer told and basically he was worth more to the company than me so gave me the boot! Didn’t care I had a home and kids to pay for! Do not recommend this place at all.
Pros
Cons
Can’t attend family events like daughters confirmation on a stock take day or u get a warning
This Company and it's directors is the biggest shower of lyiers ever created South and North of Ireland and they got chased out of United Kingdom for this reason I don't think the survival of Centra and Supvalu is far away. Stay Clear of getting offered a franchise our taking up employment.
Pros
Donkeys work here
Cons
Pay a bale of good hay
I started to work in this company on 2014. And every year it become worse and worse. And now there is nothing good left. I was sacked after i complained about manager harassment.
Pros
Few good lads from simple workers.
Cons
Disrespect, explotation of people, anti worker politics, only profit matters, horrible management.
Musgrave market place used to be a caring employer that you had confidence in. That is now lost. Business is hard at present for sure but it is not a good place to work and staff are unhappy generally. That filters down from the top. They need a leader who is fair, approachable and listens to staff and customers.
Pros
There are some decent staff
Cons
Terrible management culture who create fear along with no human respect
Poor management who will cheat you of hours worked,the little you are scheduled . The hardest part of the job is being lead by a team who clearly have no clue how to stimulate value, sales or team satisfaction. No uniformed training as such you will constantly be pushed and shoved in different directions with any consequential blame squarely on you.

Often it feels like the store belongs to the long standing employees who often ignore quality and who are very territorial.

Here is a tip, stay away from the deli, or any sandwich, wrap, they are all made from items that have expired.

The best part of the job is customer interactions,.
Pros
Tiny discount offered to staff
Cons
Bullying, under pay, poor quality standards, poor organisation
Good place to work. Good support from the senior management team in an increasingly competitive environment.

Local management team worked closely together to ensure the customer services levels were met and focused on daily.
Most of the staff are either leaving or thinking about it. Working 7 days a week in 3-5 hour shifts instead of working a couple of 8 hours because you don't need social life. They also have more mangers than actual till staff, and every other day a group of mangers (3-5) will randomly come in to 'inspect' the shop. Don't ask for a day off either as its not taken lightly. About 50% of the staff are useless and only do their 16 hours a week. Management is horrendous i could go on and on. Centra is far less stressful.
Pros
Some staff are friendly and thats it.
Cons
Working every Saturday, no social life, terrible benefits.
This shop is terrible terrible the management is non existent they can’t get anyone to stay more than 1 year to manage the place because of the miserable staff which are treated like dirt the place is bad for your mental state and this is 100% truthful staff are leaving and those left are to scared to make the jump avoid like the plague please
Pros
Zero
Cons
Going home
Great place to work, really enjoyed the environment and work culture. They were very supportive in allowing me to extend myself beyond the job description to facilitate my logbook and experience for ATI.
Pros
Cheap lunch, good colleagues
Cons
Temporary post
No job security whatsoever. Bring in new people for a couple of months then drop them in an instant when management decides they don't need them. Easily the worst management about, really unprofessional.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
No job security, terrible management. Don't care about staff.
I worked here for 2 years, at the start i loved this job then a year later my misses started a job in the same place then we were both getting dogs abuse being shafted doing jobs we were not supposed to do, then they played dirty and tried to make my misses redundant so one day i had enough and walked out and never came back, best thing i ever done was leave, oh and the management upstairs are a pack of snobby stuck up cows always looking down at you as if your a criminal.

STAY CLEAR DO NOT WORK HERE
Pros
Discount
Cons
Poor money, poor hours and management are idiots
Employing drivers on a salary which seems quite reasonable but after a very short time working you'll soon discover that the hours needed to complete deliveries and runs will mean your hourly rate will be around minimum wage and maybe lower. Good pension scheme and discount in the store.
Pros
Good pension and discount
Cons
Long hours and salary pay so no overtime available to compensate for it.
Voluntary and involuntary redundancies all the time. Bad management. Loosing a lot of their shops which leads to redundancies. Not a good place to work for.
Pros
Excellent wages.
Cons
Bad management
very good salary
nice team to work with

place where you can work with minimum stress

few areas to work with different skills
Work in the office was very fast paced and we were under pressure to perform accurately and within time constraints.
Management was supportive overall.

I gained many skills, undertook courses and developed a strong work ethic in my ten years with the company.

I also made many good friends and worked within a strong team of around 18 clerks.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
High pressure.