Murphy Group
How has this company responded to COVID‑19?
Learn more

Murphy Group Employee Reviews

United Kingdom17 reviews
Two faced management little back up or feedback
Undermined frequently on supposedly independent decisions

The poor and underhanded treatment of agency workers
Made redundant after 6 months but still employing agency
Annoying as left a good job to go there on false promises

Management couldn't run a bath and dishonest
Pros
Operatives pleasure to work with
Cons
Management poor
Throughly enjoyed my time working at Murphy , would definitely return, great bunch of lads , the work was never stressful, and there were always someone there for advice if needed, I would definitely return at some point .
Great culture, typical days are busy. Changing environment, great offices the most enjoyable part of the job is the staff and culture. Good location
Great place to work and a great staff culture . Always there to help and support staff and understanding to your needs .
Over all a really good rail project to work on with good managers and good team to work with .
The management are not easy to talk to now that mr John Murphy is no longer with the company young John Murphy who is still with the company is the best guy to talk to he was the man who gave me my start their
Bullying culture and slow to get things done. Lots of nepotism. Couldn't wait to leave. May be different now as the leadership has changed since I was there
Great salary and parking. Interesting company work history. These are the only two positives I experienced here.

Unfortunately a very toxic work environment. Witnessed bullying, racism, exclusion in the People team. Lots of narcissistic managers. Very strong blame and back stabbing culture. General culture of fear. I wouldn't recommend working unless you thrive in toxic environments.
Working for the company it is pretty obvious that the board management don't really know what happens on the ground and all the staff have been there for so long they are not wanting to move with the time and want everything to stay as it is.
Pros
Cons
Long Hours
they are a good company and have served us well however the long hours and being away from home has become too much. there is also a lack of security as the constant unknowing of what job is next and if there is even another to move onto
Pros
very supportive
Cons
far from home
I really enjoyed my time working with Murphys and took great pride in working for this Irish company in London. Management generally try and help employees develop themselves and evolve.
Pros
good people
Cons
Can't really speak for the company now as its been a a while but while I worked for them, they were actually pretty good. Only real gripe was the work life balance.
Pros
Good management team.
Cons
work life balance weighed heavily in their favour.
Poor senior leadership team with big ideas but no sign of them taking the operatives with them. Driven by a bold 10 year plan to get them Tier 1 status - not a hope. Plus a reliance on a set of values. The leaders pay no attention to these whatsoever.
Pros
Great workforce
Cons
Clueless senior management team
Murphy Group are very family-orientated and treat their workers as a team. However, this means they can be lenient when it comes to workers messing up without punishment or warning. The salary is very competitive and it is a positive and friendly environment to work in but for myself personally, there has been no opportunity to progress in the company no matter how much I show I am willing.
Did not enjoy working here. I really do not want to go into anymore detail. Its a very isolating place to work and the mixture of wor was far too confusing especially not knowing many people and who to liaise with.
Productive work and great experiences . It is great places work and was help me to increase experiences on management and work , great company and great people .
Good company with great opportunities. Excellent team and great management team. I enjoyed working with my team. The company offered good training scheme and work life balance was good.